Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,170,755 members, 7,879,281 topics. Date: Wednesday, 03 July 2024 at 03:19 PM

Elon Musk Fires Twitter Employees Worldwide - Phones (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Elon Musk Fires Twitter Employees Worldwide (44966 Views)

Twitter DMs To Have End To End Encryption - Elon Musk / Would Elon Musk Keep Parag Agrawal As Twitter CEO After This Tweet? / BREAKING: HUNDREDS Of Twitter Employees Paid To View "Everything You Post Online (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Elon Musk Fires Twitter Employees Worldwide by Zenzu01(m): 6:21pm On Nov 04, 2022
maasoap:

You should have stuck with what you know instead of giving yourself off as a conspiracy theorist

I mentioned clearly that it was just my opinion.
Re: Elon Musk Fires Twitter Employees Worldwide by Treadway: 6:36pm On Nov 04, 2022
twosquare:
I believe it will succeed...not just via insight, but also through this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gQxcYY_opHc

Watch from 13:30 -14:30

Keep on...
I will watch it. Thanks for sharing.
Re: Elon Musk Fires Twitter Employees Worldwide by AngelicBeing: 6:48pm On Nov 04, 2022
NwaNimo1:
[img]https://giffiles./217/217549.gif[/img]

Twits,,,,
Hian, Nekwa alias NwaNimo again tongue
Re: Elon Musk Fires Twitter Employees Worldwide by Parachoko: 6:56pm On Nov 04, 2022
FeliciaOja:
$6 billion will feed the hungry people around the world for 1 year

Man spends $44 billion on buying an App

Humans are very dumb creatures cry
How many hungry people have you feed this year?
Re: Elon Musk Fires Twitter Employees Worldwide by Ravenna: 7:06pm On Nov 04, 2022
FeliciaOja:

So he should used his hard earned money to feed Urchins, obidients and alimajiri?!!

smh
Re: Elon Musk Fires Twitter Employees Worldwide by bizzibodi(m): 7:36pm On Nov 04, 2022
Elon Musk the ODOGWU! grin grin
Re: Elon Musk Fires Twitter Employees Worldwide by Treadway: 7:38pm On Nov 04, 2022
AfonjaPriest:

The housefly (Musca domestica) is a well-known nuisance. This fly Musca elonis, has got balls, and they are very big.
afi Musca elonis..lol.

A short story about Musca elonis. There were many Musa paradisiaca. Musca elonis came in and removed the musa's from the paradisiaca. The end!

1 Like

Re: Elon Musk Fires Twitter Employees Worldwide by brainhgeek(m): 7:38pm On Nov 04, 2022
Including Okonjo Iweeala? I know she is a director at Twitter, maybe was
Re: Elon Musk Fires Twitter Employees Worldwide by LordReed(m): 7:46pm On Nov 04, 2022
GreatVocalist:

You're right, being the richest man doesn't make one always right.

About the blue tick, what is its significance? I'm not a regular Twitter user, so please don't mind me asking. I know it's a tick for those with some reputable social status, but could there be a reason to warrant adding a monetary charge for it? If users leverage on the popularity the blue tick attracts, to promote a financial venture or activity for their benefits, then I don't see why charging a fee to get a blue tick is a bad idea. It's the same way paid ads work.

Since the lay off included people from all over the world, then it signals a rebuild-from-scratch process -- a complete overhaul. Like I said, he's a renowned business man. That's enough to show that he's been at the helm of affairs for quite some time. Let's be rest assured that Twitter will take an almost completely new shape in a few months' time.

When a successful man takes a drastic action, then there's great thinking behind the scene. So yes, this was well thought-out.

The blue check mark was for accounts that were verified as been held by the original owners of the account. It gave tweets from such acounts authenticity. So basically now anybody can have that check mark making it meaningless. Also now that anyabody can get it how many people do you think would actually want to pay every month for it?

You don't rebuild a company as big as Twitter from the scratch which is why Dorsey went to start a different company. You already have a certain momentum and expectation built up. Unless you are changing the entire product it just doesn't make sense.

We'll see how this all plays out. Musk buying Twitter at an overrated price and additional debt is not a good start imo. I give him a year, he'll be looking for someone to offload it on.
Re: Elon Musk Fires Twitter Employees Worldwide by DuBLINGreenb(m): 7:47pm On Nov 04, 2022
FeliciaOja:

Na Elon musk born all of una? Wey him go feed all of una with his private money, what are your governments doing? How much has USA giving to Ukraine? Why didn’t they use it to feed all of you?
Re: Elon Musk Fires Twitter Employees Worldwide by wirinet(m): 7:52pm On Nov 04, 2022
Zenzu01:
Elon Musk is a business man and it's obvious he's doing all these to protect his new business. Remember that Jack plans to open another social network which will want to complete with Twitter, so the best is not to allow Jack still have insiders that can still feed him with info about what's going on in Twitter. The problem is just that these people will become jobless and that's not cool.

PS: this is just my point of view oo, as I believe Elon Musk aims to make profit with Twitter.

False assumption. The aim of Musk buying twitter is political and not profit. At $44 billion, how many years or decades does he hope to break even, before even talking about profit? For company that had posted profit only once in the last 10 years.

1 Like

Re: Elon Musk Fires Twitter Employees Worldwide by tunapawizzy: 7:56pm On Nov 04, 2022
GreatVocalist:

I don't know where he's getting the replacements from but as a renowned businessman, I don't suppose he made such a drastic decision without first having a well thought-out strategy put in place. He's up there on the list of world's richest persons for a reason, you know? Lol. Let's see how it pans out in the next few weeks.
He's up there as the world's richest person for a reason. I agree with you though, I expect that he knows what he's doing
Re: Elon Musk Fires Twitter Employees Worldwide by tunapawizzy: 7:58pm On Nov 04, 2022
unclejb2:
$6b cannot feed the whole world for a year. That's about $0.76 a day.
grin
Re: Elon Musk Fires Twitter Employees Worldwide by DeepSight(m): 8:04pm On Nov 04, 2022
wirinet:

False assumption. The aim of Musk buying twitter is political and not profit. At $44 billion, how many years or decades does he hope to break even, before even talking about profit? For company that had posted profit only once in the last 10 years.

Profit can / may later derive in a circumbendibus manner from the political leverage gained with the acquisition.
Re: Elon Musk Fires Twitter Employees Worldwide by Fearyourcreator: 8:16pm On Nov 04, 2022
Sweetplum:

In all, you don't just overhaul anyhow. He ll ruin Twitter.
You believe some one of his status is dumb
Re: Elon Musk Fires Twitter Employees Worldwide by Fearyourcreator: 8:19pm On Nov 04, 2022
xandy84:
I am not here bad mouthing your business and I am willing to invest $5k easily but no real business give up 50% return except pyramids business. You might want to come up with something reasonable if you want people to take you serious.
Which one be your own... Na his business... You don't know it more than him

Re: Elon Musk Fires Twitter Employees Worldwide by Fearyourcreator: 8:20pm On Nov 04, 2022
Treadway:
that Meta own dey bust my brain. The project is almost bankrupting Mark, and it is surprising for me cos I believed in the viability of that project. Even came up with a tech start up idea hinged on VR, due to my conclusion that the greater population of the world today are vain people who want a reality different from actual reality. Actual reality sucks for these people. So the expectations is/was they would all turn to anything and everything VR...it will be like a new kind of digital cocaine, ppl living in a fake reality and always wanting/needing to run back to that. I'm gobsmacked about how everything is now playing out truly
Hmmmm...
Re: Elon Musk Fires Twitter Employees Worldwide by Mavinsoladele(m): 8:40pm On Nov 04, 2022
bid4rich:
One thing I understand about employees in any establishment is that.....if you are not tired yourself, you will be retired or fired. One option is certain.

Are you a member of F.H.G?
Re: Elon Musk Fires Twitter Employees Worldwide by Nobody: 8:43pm On Nov 04, 2022
FeliciaOja:

mumu. Will 6 billion feed them forever? Daft caricature like you
Re: Elon Musk Fires Twitter Employees Worldwide by xandy84: 8:45pm On Nov 04, 2022
My own be say we all need a hand and if we make most of it, it can turn to a springboard to success. I stand by my saying... Any business that promise 50% is ponzi for real.

[quote author=Fearyourcreator post=118127421][/quote]
Re: Elon Musk Fires Twitter Employees Worldwide by budaatum: 8:46pm On Nov 04, 2022
DuBLINGreenb:

Na Elon musk born all of una? Wey him go feed all of una with his private money, what are your governments doing? How much has USA giving to Ukraine? Why didn’t they use it to feed all of you?

Na "your governments" born all of dem that government must feed them?

They better get off their lazy asses and feed themselves or starve!

Re: Elon Musk Fires Twitter Employees Worldwide by Hoyematic: 8:48pm On Nov 04, 2022
Zenzu01:
Elon Musk is a business man and it's obvious he's doing all these to protect his new business. Remember that Jack plans to open another social network which will want to complete with Twitter, so the best is not to allow Jack still have insiders that can still feed him with info about what's going on in Twitter. The problem is just that these people will become jobless and that's not cool.

PS: this is just my point of view oo, as I believe Elon Musk aims to make profit with Twitter.

I love your opinion. But if your argument is true then the sacked employees should go straight to Jack.
Re: Elon Musk Fires Twitter Employees Worldwide by Zenzu01(m): 8:50pm On Nov 04, 2022
wirinet:

Why do you think he intends to monetize badge verification. Elon Musk is more of a business man than a politician.
Re: Elon Musk Fires Twitter Employees Worldwide by Fearyourcreator: 8:54pm On Nov 04, 2022
xandy84:
My own be say we all need a hand and if we make most of it, it can turn to a springboard to success. I stand by my saying... Any business that promise 50% is ponzi for real.
I understand you

Re: Elon Musk Fires Twitter Employees Worldwide by galantjoe(m): 8:57pm On Nov 04, 2022
Elon musk if care is taken will lose out
Re: Elon Musk Fires Twitter Employees Worldwide by PHAYOL81: 9:05pm On Nov 04, 2022
Just imagining the hell that would've erupted if it was an African doing all this... The WEST media would've began badmouthing the biz till a certain collapse.
Hoping to have a truly LIBERATED AFRICA soonest.
Re: Elon Musk Fires Twitter Employees Worldwide by wirinet(m): 9:12pm On Nov 04, 2022
Zenzu01:

Why do you think he intends to monetize badge verification. Elon Musk is more of a business man than a politician.

And you think badge verification will work? Very suspect and risky business model. The model that had been working for social media from inception is to offer free quality service and then make money from advertisers and by selling subscriber information. That's how Facebook, Google search, YouTube, nairaland, WhatsApp, etc works. Asking people to pay for verification will discourage people. The idea of buying verification itself would create distrust.

Elon Musk has been making political statements and enmeshed himself into the political mud fight between the left and the right of late.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Elon Musk Fires Twitter Employees Worldwide by ebhaleleme51490: 9:22pm On Nov 04, 2022
As e dey pain them, e dey sweet usAs e dey pain them, e dey sweet us...
Re: Elon Musk Fires Twitter Employees Worldwide by budaatum: 10:55pm On Nov 04, 2022
He's moaning already!

Re: Elon Musk Fires Twitter Employees Worldwide by altteemy: 11:48pm On Nov 04, 2022
Now, he can sell Twitter to Facebook for a huge payout.
Re: Elon Musk Fires Twitter Employees Worldwide by budaatum: 12:15am On Nov 05, 2022
altteemy:
Now, he can sell Twitter to Facebook for a huge payout.

And you think Facebook that is facing its own problems would want to buy twitter, and that apart from anticompetitive laws getting in the way?

I'd love to see Facebook poison itself even more, is all I can say

1 Like

Re: Elon Musk Fires Twitter Employees Worldwide by InvertedHammer: 12:48am On Nov 05, 2022
/

The main firing galore will be in Fintech.

Meanwhile let's see if Zuckerberg can recover from the curse of METAVERSE.
/

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

The All New Blackberry Passport Smartphone / See What Happened To My S8+ Screen Of 115k / I Was Charged 81k On Iphone X As Import Duty, Please Help

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.