Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,190,093 members, 7,939,422 topics. Date: Wednesday, 04 September 2024 at 04:25 AM

Nigeria Embassy In Germany Collects €500 On Each Deported Nigerian - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Nigeria Embassy In Germany Collects €500 On Each Deported Nigerian (1114 Views)

Photos Of Nigerians Who Were Deported From The UK Today / Bianca Ojukwu,the Best Thing To Have Happened To The Nigeria Embassy Madrid. / Nigeria Embassy London Worst Management (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigeria Embassy In Germany Collects €500 On Each Deported Nigerian by aloyemeka2: 12:36am On Aug 23, 2011
[size=14pt]Nigeria Embassy In Germany Corruptly Collects €500 On Each Deported Nigerian:Ambassador Olugbenga Ashiru Take Note[/size]
Posted: August 15, 2011 - 11:34
By Uzoma Ahamefule

This news from Germany is really disturbing. Why is it that our leaders make us laughing objects before the international community and they will turn around to accuse us the poor and voiceless masses? This accusation from “The Voice Baden Württemberg” in Germany that most Nigerian refugees are deported without proper identification or procedure is a severe one especially the indictment that the Nigerian Embassy officials have been taking €500 to facilitate the deportation of a Nigerian refugee.

According to “The Voice Baden Württemberg” for the lucrative deportation business to flourish the Nigerian officials can identify their victims in their wisdom with special reference to their facial marks or looks that could be attributed to Nigerians. Furthermore, the embassy’s machine making money (the refugees) could as well be identified based on their languages or accents according to this known source. When did language speaking or facial marks etc. become a standard yardstick of knowing where one comes from? If the same Nigerians go to the embassy for help as Nigerians without proper identity like passport, driver’s license or birth certificate etc. will the embassy recognize them as Nigerians? If the answer is no, why then issue documents to deport people to Nigeria even when the host authorities have not been able to prove beyond reasonable doubt that they are Nigerians? Who told you that those people that may have claimed to be Nigerians or the almighty embassy officers have identified as Nigerians may not come from other African countries? Even when somebody identifies him- or herself under this circumstance as a Nigerian or speaks any of the Nigerian languages it still does not make that person a Nigerian without any document to back it up. Can the Nigerian government take anybody from Western Europe with white skin to the German Embassy in Nigeria without proper identification and they entertain that person as a German and give the Nigerian authority the needed signatory to deport the person to Germany? No European country will accept such uncivilized way of doing things. But why is my country doing it? And painfully it is not that they do not know that it is wrong. Please tell me why? Why do Nigerian officials in Germany or Austria go to interview asylum seekers outside the official buildings of the embassies? According to a fellow comrade Mr Rex Osa who is a coordinator of “The Voice Baden Württemberg” (Germany) “For each candidate interviewed the Nigerian embassy gets €250 and another €250 for issued travelling certificate.” So, it means that the deportation of Nigerians now has become another money making business? Could this be one of the reasons Nigerian refugees are molested, abused and most times killed in foreign lands without the federal government of Nigeria through their ambassadors wanting a redress as they ought to.

http://saharareporters.com/letter/nigeria-embassy-germany-corruptly-collects-%E2%82%AC500-each-deported-nigerianambassador-olugbenga-as
Re: Nigeria Embassy In Germany Collects €500 On Each Deported Nigerian by Markenny(m): 6:49am On Aug 23, 2011
no be today it start nahhh,
Re: Nigeria Embassy In Germany Collects €500 On Each Deported Nigerian by aloyemeka2: 11:08am On Aug 23, 2011
Nigeria is a shameless country. What is 500 euros worth for that matter?.
Re: Nigeria Embassy In Germany Collects €500 On Each Deported Nigerian by claremont(m): 11:48am On Aug 23, 2011
@OP: I don't quite get your point, are you saying that the Nigerian embassy should issue out emergency travel certificates for free?
Re: Nigeria Embassy In Germany Collects €500 On Each Deported Nigerian by dalebutt1: 1:00pm On Aug 23, 2011
@ Claremont, what would the OP needs to do for you to understand his point, he is clearly not speaking French or some weird language, I suppose that is clear enough for anyone to comprehend , mayb he needs to explain to you in a more subtle way
Re: Nigeria Embassy In Germany Collects €500 On Each Deported Nigerian by eghost247(m): 5:10pm On Aug 23, 2011
Bunch of Crooks
Re: Nigeria Embassy In Germany Collects €500 On Each Deported Nigerian by blackspade(m): 6:07pm On Aug 23, 2011
For the love of money. . . . angry
Re: Nigeria Embassy In Germany Collects €500 On Each Deported Nigerian by tEsLim(m): 6:42pm On Aug 23, 2011
A friend said the same happened to him in England from the camp , the guy from the Ngierian Embassy just conducted 2mins interview with him on the phone and claimed he was able to identify he's Nigerian and voila next week he was onboard to Nigeria

(1) (Reply)

I Didn't Include My Mail Address In This Year Visa Lottery Help. / . / Help: How Do I Get My Goods To Gambia???

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.