Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,181,523 members, 7,914,400 topics. Date: Thursday, 08 August 2024 at 01:45 AM

My New Forum Created - Programming (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / My New Forum Created (1149 Views)

Check Out My New Forum App I Created And Give Me Honest Opinions / My New Excel Dashboard / Checkout This New Forum I Made From Scratch (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My New Forum Created by Ezecliff: 5:25pm On Nov 09, 2022
dodgelord:
u can use the site as a guest or anonymous. Post n comment as anonymous or guest. If ur getting dat error msg

Ok
Re: My New Forum Created by chukwuebuka65(m): 6:23pm On Nov 09, 2022
GREATIGBOMAN:

It's actually necessary.

And good user experience.... Not only single page apps use preloaders.

It helps the user to know something is actually loading in the background and they should be expecting something after the load from server or any action they're trying to perform is complete.

They're different types of that preloader...

Google about it to find out more.

I don’t think you understand what I mean. The loading spinner does not appear when the user clicks a button or submits a form or does something on the page. It appears on the page immediately after the page has been loaded, with some content. The app is a multi page application, which means that to get a new page you have to make a request to the server for the new page. And when that page is loaded, the content will be displayed by the browser. So are you saying that it is a good user experience for a user after waiting for the first time for the new page from the server to wait the second time again when the spinner is on the screen before they can finally view the full page. What ever the page is loading the second time, why not send everything at the first request. Why the round trip? Even the op said it’s not serving any purpose.
Re: My New Forum Created by dodgelord: 7:15pm On Nov 09, 2022
GREATIGBOMAN:

U will beg for users tire grin
yes i will. cheesy grin grin grin
Re: My New Forum Created by dodgelord: 7:17pm On Nov 09, 2022
GREATIGBOMAN:

U will beg for users tire grin
yes i will. cheesy grin grin grin

Go n do blog
Re: My New Forum Created by Maclink288: 7:25pm On Nov 09, 2022
Ezecliff:
Pls � out this forum of mine, feed back is expected

naijaterra
This is very nice bro. Hit me up so we can collaborate. I'd help do the UI/UX.
Re: My New Forum Created by jikins(m): 4:55am On Nov 10, 2022
chukwuebuka65:

I don’t think you understand what I mean. The loading spinner does not appear when the user clicks a button or submits a form or does something on the page. It appears on the page immediately after the page has been loaded, with some content. The app is a multi page application, which means that to get a new page you have to make a request to the server for the new page. And when that page is loaded, the content will be displayed by the browser. So are you saying that it is a good user experience for a user after waiting for the first time for the new page from the server to wait the second time again when the spinner is on the screen before they can finally view the full page. What ever the page is loading the second time, why not send everything at the first request. Why the round trip? Even the op said it’s not serving any purpose.

Spinners aren't only for the first content load. It can be use as a placeholder while an api call is being made. Instead of showing a blank page. Its obviously a good user experience, because you know immediately something is coming.
Re: My New Forum Created by chukwuebuka65(m): 8:33am On Nov 10, 2022
jikins:

Spinners aren't only for the first content load. It can be use as a placeholder while an api call is being made. Instead of showing a blank page. Its obviously a good user experience, because you know immediately something is coming.

My emphasis is not on the placeholder or spinner itself. If you are making an api call with javascript, you definitely should display a loading state before the data arrives. My point is that the api call was not necessary in the first place, being that the app is a multi page application. If you click on a post, the new page from the server should have the full post details and the header and footer or any other thing that should be on the page. And not to send just the header and footer , then make an api call from the client to the same server to get the post body. The round trip isn’t necessary.
Re: My New Forum Created by jikins(m): 10:07am On Nov 10, 2022
chukwuebuka65:

My emphasis is not on the placeholder or spinner itself. If you are making an api call with javascript, you definitely should display a loading state before the data arrives. My point is that the api call was not necessary in the first place, being that the app is a multi page application. If you click on a post, the new page from the server should have the full post details and the header and footer or any other thing that should be on the page. And not to send just the header and footer , then make an api call from the client to the same server to get the post body. The round trip isn’t necessary.

Thats assuming he is the one handling serving the HTML, CSS and JS.

I don't know what language he used but I am guessing he just coded it with those languages and uploaded it on a server. So the server handles serving of the contents. Hence the loading state is still valid. Except he is handling the server side rendering.

(1) (2) (Reply)

3 Nigerians, 368 Others Compete For Microsoft Laurel / I Need Help With My Ajaxcontroltoolkit / Help

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.