Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,184,950 members, 7,924,965 topics. Date: Monday, 19 August 2024 at 07:23 AM

Nigeria Ranks High Amongst Most Innovative In The World! - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Nigeria Ranks High Amongst Most Innovative In The World! (3433 Views)

Nigeria Still Ranks 4th Globally On Return On Investment Ratings / First Bank Wins "Most Innovative Bank In Africa" Award / Forbes--nigeria Ranks High Amongst Most Innovative In The World ! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigeria Ranks High Amongst Most Innovative In The World! by obowunmi(m): 4:44pm On Aug 23, 2011
I don't know what that educational minister was talking about for Forbes says differently about Nigerians.

Check out this article: http://www.forbes.com/sites/scottshane/2011/08/22/americans-are-middling-at-generating-business-ideas/?feed=rss_home
Re: Nigeria Ranks High Amongst Most Innovative In The World! by chelseabmw(m): 1:13am On Aug 24, 2011
undecided undecided undecided
Re: Nigeria Ranks High Amongst Most Innovative In The World! by logica(m): 1:44am On Aug 24, 2011
They really should've asked the Nigerians they surveyed to write a 1000 word description of the business ideas. Dem for laugh tire. I'm sure not up to 1% have workable business ideas. And those with workable ideas usually do not have unique/original ideas; they are probably thinking of the same simplistic ideas such as phone card business or selling kokoro. Most are just building castles in the air.
Re: Nigeria Ranks High Amongst Most Innovative In The World! by nasoeb: 2:10am On Aug 24, 2011
why naija no go rank first for "Most Innovative in the World" you know how many New Format naija boys dey invent every minute. is enough to keep them Over Innovative

And should see doctors for Hyperinnovatitis grin
Re: Nigeria Ranks High Amongst Most Innovative In The World! by Nobody: 3:03am On Aug 24, 2011
And should see doctors for Hyperinnovatitis

lol
Re: Nigeria Ranks High Amongst Most Innovative In The World! by Nobody: 3:05am On Aug 24, 2011
@obowunmi

this your name is very funny. hope it is not what I am thinking. OBOWUNMI grin grin grin
Re: Nigeria Ranks High Amongst Most Innovative In The World! by Nobody: 3:45am On Aug 24, 2011
Nigerians rank high amongst most innovative in the world
Nigerians 6th in most sexiest language.

Surely the gods are playing a hoax on us.

Sexiest language, I'll agree at some level. Highly innovative? We need to sleep with BOTH eyes open wherever/whenever the western world is concerned.
Re: Nigeria Ranks High Amongst Most Innovative In The World! by chrisvicch: 3:47am On Aug 24, 2011
You do not have to surprise with the survey. I think the main reason for such result was that in Nigeria our government do not care much for its citizens. Everyone has to fight for himself/herself. Most people do not depend on the government for a living. You must figure it out for yourself if you want to survive.

Though we rank highest, the funny thing is that Nigeria's condition kill almost almost the business ideas that one might have.
Re: Nigeria Ranks High Amongst Most Innovative In The World! by BABE3: 4:02am On Aug 24, 2011
They've started with their useless ranks again!  undecided Silly survey! I'm sure the demographics and samples were biased.

What's the use of attaining high ranks when there's NOTHING to show for it?!  

I know some people are still gonna rejoice and bask in the so called "victory".  grin

Our president is handsome-- Has that lowered the price of kerosene in the  market?

Our Language(s) is/are sexy-- Who cares?

We are innovative -- Who cares about innovation? Who can't think of new ideas? Na innovation we won chop? EXECUTE and let's see na. mscheww.
Re: Nigeria Ranks High Amongst Most Innovative In The World! by chrisvicch: 4:18am On Aug 24, 2011
BABE!:

They've started with their useless ranks again!  undecided Silly survey! I'm sure the demographics and samples were biased.

I know some people are still gonna rejoice and bask in the so called "victory".  grin

Our president is handsome-- Has that lowered the price of kerosene in the  market?

We are innovative -- Who cares about innovation? Who can't think of new ideas? Na innovation we won chop? EXECUTE and let's see na. mscheww.

Thank you so much. Even on nairaland and most of our newspapers, you will see that most people are always happy when a governor or person of high status said he/she will do something. Always words but no actions. Each election you will hear promise upon promise but at the end no action.

I would rather prefer to be seen at the bottom of the table but with more actions to show for it. What shall it profit Nigerians when we gain the whole marks but loses the credibility to succeed with the ideas.
Re: Nigeria Ranks High Amongst Most Innovative In The World! by kinguy(m): 6:07am On Aug 24, 2011
Lwkmd, dz pple cant kill me
Re: Nigeria Ranks High Amongst Most Innovative In The World! by oncolor: 7:29am On Aug 24, 2011
I would have shouted HALLELUJAH! if the survey had been most INNOVATIVE IDEAS that actually resulted in creating businesses.
Re: Nigeria Ranks High Amongst Most Innovative In The World! by kabna(m): 7:30am On Aug 24, 2011
chrisvicch:

Thank you so much. Even on nairaland and most of our newspapers, you will see that most people are always happy when a governor or person of high status said he/she will do something. Always words but no actions. Each election you will hear promise upon promise but at the end no action.

I would rather prefer to be seen at the bottom of the table but with more actions to show for it. What shall it profit Nigerians when we gain the whole marks but loses the credibility to succeed with the ideas.

BABE!:

Ah you two have said it all, I definately concur
Re: Nigeria Ranks High Amongst Most Innovative In The World! by Mynd44: 8:45am On Aug 24, 2011
Absolute crap
Re: Nigeria Ranks High Amongst Most Innovative In The World! by strangest(m): 8:57am On Aug 24, 2011
Naija no dey carry last, a lot of people in this country are very innovative and I am not surprised, the only problem with the country is that LOVE is still missing,
Re: Nigeria Ranks High Amongst Most Innovative In The World! by marcus1234: 9:26am On Aug 24, 2011
Re: Nigeria Ranks High Amongst Most Innovative In The World! by Nobody: 9:56am On Aug 24, 2011
Another thing to be proud of as a Nigerian.
Re: Nigeria Ranks High Amongst Most Innovative In The World! by rabzy: 11:41am On Aug 24, 2011
BABE!:

When they Nigeria is one of the most corrupt, one of the dirtiest countries, one of the least-safe country, one of the most fraudulent, one of the worst of things in the world, we did not argue with them, because we know most of it are true even if exaggerated or not.
Now they have said we are one of the most innovative people in the world why should we argue with them, why should we castigate ourselves on that again, why should we not accept that we are indeed innovative.

We have learn t to be innovative to survive some of the worst conditions in the world, Home or away, Nigerians are known to be very innovative. Maybe that is why our leaders are taking us for granted, we are always looking for a way to survive and continue life.
Re: Nigeria Ranks High Amongst Most Innovative In The World! by sleekymag(m): 12:54pm On Aug 24, 2011
Truth is that there are so many problems in Nigeria, hence the opportunities here are enormous, and as a result, Nigerians will naturally have business ideas at some point in their lives. In most other developed countries, most ideas u can think up have already been exploited, that's why its more difficult coming up with ideas in those countries. U can see the article says Nigeria and Kenya have about the same innovation %, so i think its a trait peculiar to developing countries.
Re: Nigeria Ranks High Amongst Most Innovative In The World! by Kx: 12:59pm On Aug 24, 2011
is nt innovation related to lofty ideas or technical know how?

abi our innovation wrt to corruption(govt)or masses finding ways to survive in the face of hard economic realities?
Re: Nigeria Ranks High Amongst Most Innovative In The World! by sleekman(m): 3:13pm On Aug 24, 2011
logica:

They really should've asked the Nigerians they surveyed to write a 1000 word description of the business ideas. Dem for laugh tire. I'm sure not up to 1% have workable business ideas. And those with workable ideas usually do not have unique/original ideas; they are probably thinking of the same simplistic ideas such as phone card business or selling kokoro. Most are just building castles in the air.

My friend mechionu there. If Nigerians aren't that good how come Nigerians without proper education manage to get foreigners to part with their money if the business idea wasn't workable? Like it or not Nigerians are good business people with competitive spirit. It's just a pity that they don't go into into production instead plough their gains and loot(whichever) back into consumption
Re: Nigeria Ranks High Amongst Most Innovative In The World! by sleekman(m): 3:15pm On Aug 24, 2011
Once the power situation is taken care of then u'll see the true nature of the Nigerian entrepreneurship spirit.
Re: Nigeria Ranks High Amongst Most Innovative In The World! by BABE3: 3:32pm On Aug 24, 2011
rabzy:

Now they have said we are one of the most innovative people in the world why should we argue with them, why should we castigate ourselves on that again, why should we not accept that we are indeed innovative.

We have learn t to be innovative to survive some of the worst conditions in the world, Home or away, Nigerians are known to be very innovative. Maybe that is why our leaders are taking us for granted, we are always looking for a way to survive and continue life.

Technically, I'm not arguing with the fact that they said we are innovative. I'm simply sick of "them" ranking Nigeria. Wetin?

Again, who can't think of new ideas when thrown into a do or die situation? When poverty strikes, who wouldn't think of a way to survive? What's so special and "rankable" about being able to think of new ideas?

LOL @ the bolded clause. You're wrong Mr.  Your leaders are a special breed of thieves and evil humans. If Nigerians stop being "innovative" and start dropping dead one after the other (God forbid), do you really think those cursed f00ls we call leaders will care? You never jam!
Re: Nigeria Ranks High Amongst Most Innovative In The World! by sleekman(m): 4:02pm On Aug 24, 2011
With all the genuine and 419 business ideas Nigeria spams on the net daily y wouldn't they be the top ranked? Nigerians are solutions providers and if you don't like the ranking kindly and in slow motion hug a transformer close to you.
Re: Nigeria Ranks High Amongst Most Innovative In The World! by omomakun: 4:06pm On Aug 24, 2011
The benefit of living in a "developing" country is that there are tremendous opportunities to come up with new ideas/business to make things better. Versus living in a "developed" country where the markets have pretty much capped.  People in developed countries, tend to get comfortable because the system works for them, but once you see the system break down, they start running helter skelter. Which is being displayed daily in the news these days. In Nigeria we don't have a dependable system, therefore, "hunder begat talet", that's just what it is.

I'm really not surprised that Nigeria is on the list at all, we are born hustlers. In my years of working with people from all walks of life, they seem not to get the idea of starting a business or doing something else to sustain them. They are comfortable with their 9-5, waiting for a pension check that will not sustain them for more than a year after they retire, smh. I thank God for where I'm from, I don't care what ppl say or think about Nigeria, but to me its NUMBER ONE!!!
Re: Nigeria Ranks High Amongst Most Innovative In The World! by Gmmail(m): 5:27pm On Aug 24, 2011
Nigeria will get there one day. I beleive in Nigeria.
Re: Nigeria Ranks High Amongst Most Innovative In The World! by obowunmi(m): 5:48pm On Aug 24, 2011
Having ideas is one thing, the execution of that idea is another. Indeed we have ideas but unable to execute due to lack of finance, enough exposure, education, and such.
Re: Nigeria Ranks High Amongst Most Innovative In The World! by gunpoint(m): 6:26am On Aug 25, 2011
What can I say?
Hungry dey bring ideas. . . undecided
Re: Nigeria Ranks High Amongst Most Innovative In The World! by Rossikk(m): 12:25am On Aug 26, 2011
rabzy said

When they Nigeria is one of the most corrupt, one of the dirtiest countries, one of the least-safe country, one of the most fraudulent, one of the worst of things in the world, we did not argue with them, because we know most of it are true even if exaggerated or not.
Now they have said we are one of the most innovative people in the world why should we argue with them, why should we castigate ourselves on that again, why should we not accept that we are indeed innovative,

Inferiority complex go gree dem see say dem pass monkey? Hopeless, thoughtless id.iots.
Re: Nigeria Ranks High Amongst Most Innovative In The World! by Rossikk(m): 12:29am On Aug 26, 2011
logica said

STFU, ignoramus. Millions of Nigerians are doing better than you because they are more thoughtful and smarter than you. Deal with that FACT or eff off, you ignorant dumbass hater.

(1) (2) (Reply)

How I Became The Biggest Investor In Sao Tome - Jimoh Ibrahim / Looking For Glass Frosting, Window Graphics, Office Partitioning Professionals? / Do You Remember Genius Funds?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.