Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,169,740 members, 7,875,858 topics. Date: Saturday, 29 June 2024 at 11:35 PM

US Convicts 5 Nigerian Athletes For Money Laundering - Sports (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / US Convicts 5 Nigerian Athletes For Money Laundering (30554 Views)

IOC Backtrack, Returns Samsung Phones To Nigerian Athletes / Olympics: Disqualified Nigerian Athletes Protest In Tokyo / 10 Nigerian Athletes Banned From Tokyo Olympics (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: US Convicts 5 Nigerian Athletes For Money Laundering by blueAgent(m): 3:01pm On Nov 16, 2022
NastiLord:
When dem come Nigeria for Christmas dem go dey press our neck with their ill gotten loots. Dem go tell us how dem dey run for Deloitte and Mobil get $1million per second undecided
Jail dem jare, no pity for drug and fraud people

Lol.

I See U shocked shocked shocked

1 Like

Re: US Convicts 5 Nigerian Athletes For Money Laundering by blueAgent(m): 3:03pm On Nov 16, 2022
Realists:

Don't mislead the public, USA ain't the richest country but the world biggest bully.

Which hole did you crawl out from.

Which country has the largest GDP or economy?

Which country has a state with an Economy almost the size of the entire shithole Africa?
Re: US Convicts 5 Nigerian Athletes For Money Laundering by blueAgent(m): 3:08pm On Nov 16, 2022
ike007:

Good people indeed...they are wkrst people on earth...and its evident in the society. Spits*

If given a chance i wouldn't ever come as an African again to this life not to talk of being a Nigerian

Na true my name sake.

Very horrible continent and ppl.

1 Like

Re: US Convicts 5 Nigerian Athletes For Money Laundering by blueAgent(m): 3:10pm On Nov 16, 2022
KennethEnyi:

Nigerians are naturally good people but the uselessness’s of the country and government has made us very evil people
We even scam our fellow Nigerians sef so…

Story.

Is the government not madeup of the so called good ppl?
Re: US Convicts 5 Nigerian Athletes For Money Laundering by 547muhammed: 3:20pm On Nov 16, 2022
i tire ooi tire oo...
Re: US Convicts 5 Nigerian Athletes For Money Laundering by clockwisereport: 4:40pm On Nov 16, 2022
YorobaPIGS:
Dont be stupid

How many times have you asked yarobas to stop it each time they display their stupidity?.

O ka mma na ezi... idiot

Go through my posts and see how many times I call them out. Again, we now know who is truly an idiot between you and I
Re: US Convicts 5 Nigerian Athletes For Money Laundering by Ijb11: 7:15pm On Nov 16, 2022
Really
Re: US Convicts 5 Nigerian Athletes For Money Laundering by Danisaint112(m): 8:10pm On Nov 16, 2022
Sheggy13:

Keep quiet, you turn blind eyes to your Igbo brothers insulting them calling them afonja, conehead and all what not here but quick to point when they do same to you. Only Igbos are allowed to insult other tribes in your narrow mind. Your own definition of tribalism is only when it is directed at Igbos, not when Igbos insult others.

In your mind, these people caught are all Yorubas that's why you're boldening their names, but only one person out of the four has a clear Yoruba name - Toluwani Adebakin.

If you are done wailing you let me know. Threads like this are usually consumed by YORUBA Muslims if it is Igbo related but when it happens to them Yorubas Igbos usually keep the thread clean.
Re: US Convicts 5 Nigerian Athletes For Money Laundering by Scientheosopher(m): 3:45am On Nov 17, 2022
Discountsempai:

Crime never pays.

Even the financial crimes that they are jailing them for, these crimes are becoming more difficult to do...which is why they got caught.

Also, getting money via dirty means means dirty people would be attracted to you a lot....meaning problems.

[/b]Best to earn money legitimately. May not be much, but most of the time, no one is going to disturb you[b].
Crime never pays or crime does not pay" is not true. Some people do crime and get away with it; they live well and are not caught or implicated before and after death. Even you have done something criminal (breaking traffics rules, cheating, lying, etc.) yet you live free!

Now, I understand what people mean when they say crime doesn't pay. However, it's a wrong wording; on the surface, it says the there's no benefit in crime, which isn't true when you observe criminals and your life. I prefer it being worded: Crime pays, and sometimes the price is prison. Because it states all the potential consequences.

NOTE: I'm not in support of crime nor into it. Infact, I constantly watch my actions to ensure I don't do anything lawfully or morally wrong. When I do, I try to make corrections—if possible.

#The reason I don't crime is not because I fear the govt will get me. The govt is largely ineffective, and in most crimes, I can actually get a low sentence or pay a fine to get away, if caught . Nor is it because of God. God's actions as stated in some parts of the Bible shows He is not so godly. Hence, He has no moral right to judge me. See who made Samson disobey his parents or how God added suffering, which wasn't originally part of the penalty for eating the Forbidden Fruit, for example. The reason I don't do crime is because I don't want a situation where when Life happens, guilts and regrets will be everywhere in my mind. My reason is obviously similar to the part of your comment I bolded.
Re: US Convicts 5 Nigerian Athletes For Money Laundering by Freeze007(m): 3:33am On Nov 19, 2022
I take it to mean all those creatures that were tied and in prison have been set free in the name of Leader Olumba Olumba Obu,even now and forever more....Amen

[quote author=Agbebakun22 post=118434541][/quote]

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

The Football Forever Statue At Teslim Balogun Stadium, Surulere (Photos) / Kelechi Nwakali Celebrates 20th Birthday With A Football Match / Nigerians Struggling For Super Eagles Vs South Africa match Tickets (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.