Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,176,879 members, 7,899,175 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 July 2024 at 08:20 AM

My Uncle Doesn't Want Me In His House - Family (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Uncle Doesn't Want Me In His House (53275 Views)

They Want Me To Marry Her Corpse, I refused / My Uncle Drove To My House To Report Me Because I Wore A Bikini–Nigerian Lady / See The Guava Tree My Uncle Warned Me Not To Pluck From (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Uncle Doesn't Want Me In His House by Nobody: 6:04pm On Nov 18, 2022
U visits 4/7 in a week. Talk true, na food u dey find
Re: My Uncle Doesn't Want Me In His House by Tunjikam(m): 6:05pm On Nov 18, 2022
OP might probably trying to dodge working for his mom at home and his mom might be a discipline mother who says no food for lazy man, then OP alternatively visit his uncle where he will just do one eye servicing lesson for his siblings and get nice food.

Also, his mother might let his uncle knows he only visit him because he is lazy at home and already knew he won't get what he does not work for and used his uncle house as a place where he will eat and run for free.
Re: My Uncle Doesn't Want Me In His House by virginchaser(m): 6:10pm On Nov 18, 2022
VictorDivine:
Messi poison that your uncle so that you can have free access to his house.

I fear this generation like kilode. People might think you were joking but i knew you weren't kidding.
Re: My Uncle Doesn't Want Me In His House by Icon79(m): 6:10pm On Nov 18, 2022
KPOM!

What she said.

O pari

Calvary247:
Victor learn to be moderate in everything. You may not severe all ties to this your uncle, but know how to relate with him and his family.
Re: My Uncle Doesn't Want Me In His House by Ashirioluwa: 6:12pm On Nov 18, 2022
Reduce your visitation to once a month
Re: My Uncle Doesn't Want Me In His House by Tunjikam(m): 6:14pm On Nov 18, 2022
Samantha123:
Why do you keep coming to his house with an empty stomach when you could eat at home before you visit him?

It's clear you always want something to eat when you come to his house.

His mum have reported him to his uncle that he is a lazy man and uncle wanted to teach OP a lesson same way he is teaching uncle's children and Uncle tell him that NO FREE FOOD FOR LAZY MAN.
Re: My Uncle Doesn't Want Me In His House by Decent09(m): 6:19pm On Nov 18, 2022
Messi1:
I've always visited this my uncle at least four times a week. That is where I pass away time. His children all like me and any day I fail to come they must ask me why didn't come. I use the time i spend in his house to teach his children Mathematics and do their home work for them.

Today I was in his house, he stormed out from his room and ask if i don't help my mother at home. He yelled at me and what pain me most is that he said food is costly and they are only managing. He made me feel like i was the one finishing the food in his house. He said I should not be too frequent in his house if at all I must come.

I'm considering severing all ties to this my uncle, will that be right?

Walahi I like this your Uncle, Oboy things hard oo

1 Like

Re: My Uncle Doesn't Want Me In His House by Pootle: 6:19pm On Nov 18, 2022
you sef anytime them give you food u go chop undecided
Re: My Uncle Doesn't Want Me In His House by virginchaser(m): 6:21pm On Nov 18, 2022
The uncle might probably has genuine reason if engaged. Some relations uses their uncles/aunties houses as refill and restock. After all you wouldn't check a visitors bag when leaving.
Re: My Uncle Doesn't Want Me In His House by KeyEndurance: 6:23pm On Nov 18, 2022
vikstandon:

Na you be the Uncle?
You call am name like say, you know the person hiding under the moniker.
Op your Uncle dey Nairaland, e don catch you.
HAHAHAHA
Re: My Uncle Doesn't Want Me In His House by Zeezenho: 6:26pm On Nov 18, 2022
GboyegaD:

In summary, you can achieve whatever you set your mind on. As for your parents, it might seem they are harsh and do not care about your feelings, they are only doing in their way what they think is best to guide your feeble heart. Some mistakes are best avoided and in all you do, remember the world is looking up to you. Also, in my final year, he told me not to rush to pick any job as once I start working, no one would try to help get me into a good place and if the pay is bad, I will be frustrated by month end when my various cousins look up to me. He said, "it is better you are not working and we all give you money by month end than you are working and squeezing face when your younger ones and cousins come to you."

In essence, it is what we all know, I think the difference was the fact that he made me see it in a better light. And since then, I had a steady N5k extra every month from him to add to my monthly allowance from my parents alongside my undergraduate Oil and Gas scholarship.

Wao nice one I appreciate this and know other young guys will pick thing from this.

Thanks
Re: My Uncle Doesn't Want Me In His House by Nnamaka1: 6:28pm On Nov 18, 2022
Messi1:
I've always visited this my uncle at least four times a week. That is where I pass away time. His children all like me and any day I fail to come they must ask me why didn't come. I use the time i spend in his house to teach his children Mathematics and do their home work for them.

Today I was in his house, he stormed out from his room and ask if i don't help my mother at home. He yelled at me and what pain me most is that he said food is costly and they are only managing. He made me feel like i was the one finishing the food in his house. He said I should not be too frequent in his house if at all I must come.

He is right and you are even more right to never go there again. If I was in your shoes, I will never step foot there again and never greet him again.

2 Likes

Re: My Uncle Doesn't Want Me In His House by deniguy01(m): 6:28pm On Nov 18, 2022
I understand if you are mad at him but at times buy food for the kids whenever you are going and if you do enter their kitchen. Reduce the frequency. Decline eating there somethimes. I think he’s going through a lot. He shouldn’t have said that but don’t think too much cos family is everything
Re: My Uncle Doesn't Want Me In His House by olar2g(m): 6:35pm On Nov 18, 2022
Bro no blame ur uncle o, things right for now and business is very low, maybe they are managing too.
Look for tutorial where u can teach per period that will be of help for sometime before u sort ur self out.
No help for Naija o. Friends, brother uncle or sister no dey again o.
Na u and urself.
Re: My Uncle Doesn't Want Me In His House by iamsolasoul(f): 6:38pm On Nov 18, 2022
Like someone said it be scarce like you travelled or something in Nigeria proximity is disrespect people just think because we have different religions they can control your movement, your work, your clients etc

The only person who has control is God then you. And the laws that bind you. Respect authority and you no get problem in life. Be aware of grand misuse of authority too so you know how to stand up for yourself.

Don’t go again for like 3 months then just drop by short visit set people know your value sadly when you leave it’s better that way dem for kill you chop Carry something even if na digestive

So many users for mind will be bragging here we Dey outside… to serve and protect

1 Like

Re: My Uncle Doesn't Want Me In His House by fof1: 6:41pm On Nov 18, 2022
VictorDivine:
Messi poison that your uncle so that you can have free access to his house.

What Kind of Foolish Display is this in the Public Space,Pls? Are we here for Juvenile Jokes?
Re: My Uncle Doesn't Want Me In His House by Alamkir: 6:42pm On Nov 18, 2022
Messi1:

I will advice you to stop going their for now, learn to live without them, let them miss you, am sure their are values u added to their home even if its small. Let them miss u and realise ur values
Re: My Uncle Doesn't Want Me In His House by tsspsolutions: 6:44pm On Nov 18, 2022
Richy4:

Thank you...Some people can't read the handwriting on the wall even when it's staring at them on their faces embarassed

This is one of the main reasons I’m ending friendship with a friend. He’s never sensitive, can’t read moods and body language and when you’re forced to talk, he’s still guilt trip me. Just called myself privately one day and said this had to come to an end.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Uncle Doesn't Want Me In His House by vicfajeze: 6:52pm On Nov 18, 2022
Messi1:

Abeg answer dis question,shey u dey eat for dia house?
Re: My Uncle Doesn't Want Me In His House by okoroemeka(m): 6:55pm On Nov 18, 2022
Messi1:

the buhari effect is a clear and present danger,don't over stay your welcome,think and act smart,read people's mood and emotions and use it for your own good
Re: My Uncle Doesn't Want Me In His House by Elsueno: 6:57pm On Nov 18, 2022

1 Like

Re: My Uncle Doesn't Want Me In His House by solexyy: 7:03pm On Nov 18, 2022
THE TRUTH IS ALWAYS BITTER
Re: My Uncle Doesn't Want Me In His House by ShitOnRecruiter: 7:06pm On Nov 18, 2022
Messi1:

Suck it up, that is life.
Re: My Uncle Doesn't Want Me In His House by seanwilliam(m): 7:08pm On Nov 18, 2022
budaatum:
When you go 4 times a week do you always eat and bring them nothing?

If so, he's right to complain, especially if he does not see the value in the mathematics you bring for his children.

Perhaps stop eating his food and don't go so often.

100%

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Uncle Doesn't Want Me In His House by Nobody: 7:08pm On Nov 18, 2022
grin grin grin
Tunjikam:

His mum have reported him to his uncle that he is a lazy man and uncle wanted to teach OP a lesson same way he is teaching uncle's children and Uncle tell him that NO FREE FOOD FOR LAZY MAN.

1 Like

Re: My Uncle Doesn't Want Me In His House by Nobody: 7:10pm On Nov 18, 2022
brain54:
Hey… long time. How and we’re have you been it’s been long I saw you is sweeter to hear than you come again?

Sometimes make yourself scarce to increase your value and respect.

He has been foolishly finishing all the food in his uncles house using pretende of teaching his children mathematics as a ploy.

Thief boy
Re: My Uncle Doesn't Want Me In His House by jelel6: 7:17pm On Nov 18, 2022
4 times a week? That's way too excessive. If I'm the uncle, that'll drive me nuts.

I don't even think I'll want to see you 4 times a month. Maybe like once a month or something.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Uncle Doesn't Want Me In His House by Richy4(m): 7:21pm On Nov 18, 2022
tsspsolutions:

This is one of the main reasons I’m ending friendship with a friend. He’s never sensitive, can’t read moods and body language and when you’re forced to talk, he’s still guilt trip me. Just called myself privately one day and said this had to come to an end.
My dear a lot of people can't read body languages... Especially In a relationship...
Good for you Dear...in my opinion you did the right thing because in future, when u are not in the mood to play in bed for example, he might accuse you of were cheating on him or he might even take it by force...and if u raise dust, they will tell you there's no rape in marriage.. the law doesn't recognise it ...
Re: My Uncle Doesn't Want Me In His House by Ekugbeh(m): 7:37pm On Nov 18, 2022
Messi1:

you don't need to severe, just stop going there shikena
Re: My Uncle Doesn't Want Me In His House by Pat081: 7:37pm On Nov 18, 2022
Messi1:
I've always visited this, my uncle, at least four times a week. That is where I pass away time. His children all like me and any day I fail to come they must ask me why didn't come. I use the time I spend in his house to teach his children Mathematics and do their homework for them.

Today I was in his house, and he stormed out of his room and ask if I don't help my mother at home. He yelled at me and what pains me most is that he said food is costly and they are only managing. He made me feel like I was the one finishing the food in his house. He said I should not be too frequent in his house if at all I must come.

be on your own I don't go to any family members' houses we call on the phone and that is all if we see we see but seeing me in your house is out of it don't go to him again if the children want to see you they should ask their father that they want to come to you not that you will go to him again

1 Like

Re: My Uncle Doesn't Want Me In His House by damoobaba: 7:40pm On Nov 18, 2022
Messi1:

grin grin grin grin cheesy grin grin grin cheesy
Re: My Uncle Doesn't Want Me In His House by PlanktonX: 7:41pm On Nov 18, 2022
When your uncle needs you he will call, and not the other way.

Truly food cost...abi who else we go blame?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Where Did You Meet Your Spouse / Moments Like This / 2 Sisters Die The Same Day & Time In Kano (Photos)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.