Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,182,467 members, 7,917,425 topics. Date: Sunday, 11 August 2024 at 06:43 AM

What Year Did You Start Watching World Cup - Sports (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / What Year Did You Start Watching World Cup (12734 Views)

Ronaldo, Messi And Neymar Pictured Together Watching World Cup Finals / Watching World Cup Matches / With Less Than 10mb You Can Start Watching Worldcup Matches On Your Phone (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Year Did You Start Watching World Cup by Lukuluku69(m): 7:34pm On Nov 21, 2022
Hausa:
What channel showed that tournament at the time?
Only Two Channels dey that time is if I remember very well.

I think NTV. Yes. It was NTV: Nigeria Television one in Lagos then one from Ibadan.

We normally get the Lagos own clearly but the Ibadan own only get clearer late late in the Night. I guess due to interference in the atmosphere. That was '78

For the Espana '82 Dem don plenty small. I we have OGTv, LTV, NTA 1 and NTA Channel 2.
Re: What Year Did You Start Watching World Cup by Juanmike(m): 8:06pm On Nov 21, 2022
damiloladuke:
yeah mid 80's
not really
Re: What Year Did You Start Watching World Cup by Lukuluku69(m): 8:10pm On Nov 21, 2022
sageb:

Ebbe sand score the fastest goal by a substitute against Nigeria. we lost the match 4-0

4-1

Tijani Babangida got one back.

1 Like

Re: What Year Did You Start Watching World Cup by fredoooooo: 8:13pm On Nov 21, 2022
chic2pimp:

LOOOOOOOL.......AMEN O grin grin grin...Football is Coming Home btw smiley

Yea, they will send dem home from the competition... we're here waiting grin cheesy grin
Re: What Year Did You Start Watching World Cup by chic2pimp(m): 9:12pm On Nov 21, 2022
fredoooooo:

Yea, they will send dem home from the competition... we're here waiting grin cheesy grin

SHARRRRRAAPPPPP DIA!...HATERRRRRRRR angry angry angry
Re: What Year Did You Start Watching World Cup by fredoooooo: 9:20pm On Nov 21, 2022
chic2pimp:

SHARRRRRAAPPPPP DIA!...HATERRRRRRRR angry angry angry
You're playing politics and not football at this world cup ... grin cheesy grin
Re: What Year Did You Start Watching World Cup by saintkeppy(m): 9:23pm On Nov 21, 2022
3seriez:

Correct! I recall them. Even that other Argentine Redondo. Sad Maradona had to go that way. That USA 94 was when I properly picked interest in football. Time flies..

Yeah my guy, Same here, Tunisia'94 where Nigeria won the AFCON made me like football, then the USA'94, Atlanta'96 Olympics football event made love it better, i even bought football almanac profiling the teams&players to watch that year, I started following club football with European Leagues via highlights @late night on weekends & midweek proudly sponsored by Rothmans Cigarette all in our Black&White Box TV, really feeling nostalgic cheesy

Then the club football, i never understand the pattern on how it is played but was excited seeing a particular clubs or player score goals, I got to understand nitty gritty of it @late '90s &2000 down till this moment.
Re: What Year Did You Start Watching World Cup by EmyGod(m): 9:50pm On Nov 21, 2022
damiloladuke:
Ok two yr older than me
Re: What Year Did You Start Watching World Cup by chic2pimp(m): 9:52pm On Nov 21, 2022
fredoooooo:

You're playing politics and not football at this world cup ... grin cheesy grin

IT'S COMING HOME......FOOTBALL IS COMING HOME angry angry
Re: What Year Did You Start Watching World Cup by fredoooooo: 10:04pm On Nov 21, 2022
chic2pimp:

IT'S COMING HOME......FOOTBALL IS COMING HOME angry angry

Home economics . grin grin

1 Like

Re: What Year Did You Start Watching World Cup by chic2pimp(m): 10:37pm On Nov 21, 2022
fredoooooo:

Home economics . grin grin

You'll pay for all your Sins....ENGERRRRRLANNDDD! angry angry angry
Re: What Year Did You Start Watching World Cup by fredoooooo: 11:05pm On Nov 21, 2022
chic2pimp:

You'll pay for all your Sins....ENGERRRRRLANNDDD! angry angry angry
Qe go chop EGGland with bread , USA TO BEAT AMERICA NEXT GAME tongue
Re: What Year Did You Start Watching World Cup by Joanna0808: 10:36am On Nov 22, 2022
can't remember what year it started, but I think everyone who watch football both can sing ' gogogo oleoleole'.
Re: What Year Did You Start Watching World Cup by coincola2021: 10:57am On Nov 22, 2022
Re: What Year Did You Start Watching World Cup by 3seriez(m): 1:37pm On Nov 22, 2022
saintkeppy:

Yeah my guy, Same here, Tunisia'94 where Nigeria won the AFCON made me like football, then the USA'94, Atlanta'96 Olympics football event made love it better, i even bought football almanac profiling the teams&players to watch that year, I started following club football with European Leagues via highlights @late night on weekends & midweek proudly sponsored by Rothmans Cigarette all in our Black&White Box TV, really feeling nostalgic cheesy

Then the club football, i never understand the pattern on how it is played but was excited seeing a particular clubs or player score goals, I got to understand nitty gritty of it @late '90s &2000 down till this moment.

Confam. Your head is there grin. I remember that Rothmans of Pall Mall show on NTA. They used to highlight football matches. Those times Nigerian teams dey give us small joy then. Nostalgic moments. Nice one bro.

1 Like

Re: What Year Did You Start Watching World Cup by saintkeppy(m): 6:11pm On Nov 22, 2022
3seriez:

Confam. Your head is there grin. I remember that Rothmans of Pall Mall show on NTA. They used to highlight football matches. Those times Nigerian teams dey give us small joy then. Nostalgic moments. Nice one bro.

Thank you. cheesy

1 Like

Re: What Year Did You Start Watching World Cup by benjanny(m): 9:04pm On Nov 30, 2022
I started in France 1998

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Enyimba Wins The Nigerian League For A Record 7th Time / Neymar Injury: PSG Star Stretchered Off Field With Ankle Issue In Ligue 1 / Which Of The Games Were Your Favourite In The Just Concluded AFCON?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.