Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,192,306 members, 7,947,464 topics. Date: Thursday, 12 September 2024 at 08:25 PM

What Year Did You Start Watching World Cup - Sports (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / What Year Did You Start Watching World Cup (12849 Views)

Ronaldo, Messi And Neymar Pictured Together Watching World Cup Finals / Watching World Cup Matches / With Less Than 10mb You Can Start Watching Worldcup Matches On Your Phone (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Year Did You Start Watching World Cup by DarkJeddi(m): 11:43pm On Nov 20, 2022
Remember my elder brother excitedly discussing the matches and Maradona..
Never really paid attention till the final..
I remember the finals like yesterday, probably more than any other finals..

1 Like

Re: What Year Did You Start Watching World Cup by DarkJeddi(m): 11:49pm On Nov 20, 2022
Curious345:
Atlanta 96'

Papilo!
Not a World Cup..
Re: What Year Did You Start Watching World Cup by kingmsookwagh(m): 11:53pm On Nov 20, 2022
USA 94.
Re: What Year Did You Start Watching World Cup by optimusprime2(m): 11:56pm On Nov 20, 2022
SEYIKP:
I started with USA 94. When did you start watching world cup.
Same... 94 USA

1 Like

Re: What Year Did You Start Watching World Cup by fredoooooo: 12:04am On Nov 21, 2022
chic2pimp:

grin grin grin grin

My GGGGGGG I have been around Bro. I'm just scarce on these pages as of recent. Babe ke? Don't spoil my market on NL o tongue tongue grin
Haha may God Almighty continue to bless the House of the Lord ... spread the Gospel cheesy cheesy grin grin
Re: What Year Did You Start Watching World Cup by Shampoo77: 12:38am On Nov 21, 2022
Italian 90
Re: What Year Did You Start Watching World Cup by goodheart01: 1:15am On Nov 21, 2022
USA ‘94...1994
Re: What Year Did You Start Watching World Cup by goodheart01: 1:16am On Nov 21, 2022
We have many kids here on nairaland, yet they’re so insulting to their older ones. See kids everywhere.... Hmmm
Re: What Year Did You Start Watching World Cup by Edoblakky(m): 1:38am On Nov 21, 2022
Started with Spain '82. Remembered the likes of Paolo Rossi, Rumeniger, Nkono, Roger Miller and the others. It was eventually won by Italy. My dad really loved football and I remembered him celebrating when Algeria won Germany. That was the first African win in any world cup
Re: What Year Did You Start Watching World Cup by 2loadedguy: 2:14am On Nov 21, 2022
SEYIKP:
Same here USA
Re: What Year Did You Start Watching World Cup by greypencils: 4:11am On Nov 21, 2022
USA 94. Roberto Baggio do Nigeria strong thing. I cried that night.

1 Like

Re: What Year Did You Start Watching World Cup by Lucymercy: 4:29am On Nov 21, 2022
[color=#006600][/color]
SEYIKP:
l started with Mexico "86 and it was only the final match between Argentina vs Germany.
Re: What Year Did You Start Watching World Cup by almarthins(m): 4:30am On Nov 21, 2022
davidodiba:
1994 but was very aware of the 1990 commentary...
Indomie generation steer clear

Me na 1994 too

1 Like

Re: What Year Did You Start Watching World Cup by almarthins(m): 4:31am On Nov 21, 2022
Edoblakky:
Started with Spain '82. Remembered the likes of Paolo Rossi, Rumeniger, Nkono, Roger Miller and the others. It was eventually won by Italy. My dad really loved football and I remembered him celebrating when Algeria won Germany. That was the first African win in any world cup

You be oracle o!

1 Like

Re: What Year Did You Start Watching World Cup by iajour(m): 4:31am On Nov 21, 2022
France 98, my best world cup ever. Especially the opening theme song, not the famous one Sha but the oda
Re: What Year Did You Start Watching World Cup by MeaslesMumpsRub: 4:43am On Nov 21, 2022
I watch and still remember 2002 All star Brazil squad.
Re: What Year Did You Start Watching World Cup by PapaFejiro: 5:43am On Nov 21, 2022
Mexico '86.
But full awareness was Italia '90.
Re: What Year Did You Start Watching World Cup by KosiGee(m): 6:10am On Nov 21, 2022
Edoblakky:

How can you mention all these names without mentioning Dino Zoff?
Re: What Year Did You Start Watching World Cup by Anonymoususher: 6:11am On Nov 21, 2022
I briefly watched Korea Japan 2002 but have faint memories about it. Only thing I remember is the final between Germany and Brazil where delima Ronaldo scored two wonderful goals against Oliver Khan.

That's the first world cup I think I remember.
Re: What Year Did You Start Watching World Cup by achorladey: 6:30am On Nov 21, 2022
Since 1998
Re: What Year Did You Start Watching World Cup by ceeceeco: 6:41am On Nov 21, 2022
Uruguay 1930. I watched my first world cup match on the 13th of July 1930 between France vs Mexico which the French(Les blues) won the Mexicans 4-1.

Go and verify.
Re: What Year Did You Start Watching World Cup by Boicoded: 6:53am On Nov 21, 2022
Re: What Year Did You Start Watching World Cup by 99thEnemy(m): 6:53am On Nov 21, 2022
SEYIKP:
Me it was 2002 oh! Korea/Japan
Re: What Year Did You Start Watching World Cup by Trojan8(m): 6:59am On Nov 21, 2022
Still remember seeing some games in 2002, but they are just flashes. I remember the one from 2006
Re: What Year Did You Start Watching World Cup by udomonday: 7:01am On Nov 21, 2022
Espana82
Re: What Year Did You Start Watching World Cup by 99thEnemy(m): 7:02am On Nov 21, 2022
davidodiba:
1994 but was very aware of the 1990 commentary...
Indomie generation steer clear
In 1998 the way I hated football ehn!

My dad would just Occupy TV time with his colleagues watching the world cup everyday and even after the match, they will just be there gisting and laughing hard angry

Omo! The 1 month it was played seemed like 2 years for me. grin
Re: What Year Did You Start Watching World Cup by Rumundele(m): 7:04am On Nov 21, 2022
Italia 90, i didn't even know it was a world cup because i was very young, i still remember cameroonian makanaki's funny dance at the corner flag after scoring a goal.

USA94 i knew it was a world cup because the whole village gather in our house to watch Nigeria vs Greece and Nigeria vs Italy which Nigeria lost. The only two matches i watch in that world cup.

France 98, was when i begin to pay serious attention to world cup because i don dey get small bear bear and don dey look woman with great interest but cannot toast.
Re: What Year Did You Start Watching World Cup by udomonday: 7:04am On Nov 21, 2022
Lukuluku69:

Started Argentina 1978 but my first proper World Cup was Espana 1982. I still remember the amatches like it was yesterday and the star players too.
Paolo Rossi comes to mind.
Re: What Year Did You Start Watching World Cup by Kenistry(m): 7:09am On Nov 21, 2022
US 94, though l did not watch many games because of the time of the matches.

Kenneth Anderson and Swedish team, Stoichkov and leskov (his offside made them disqualified Stoichkov's free kick goal against Nigeria), our then dazzling super eagles (Italy sweat plus ojoro before dey could defeat us) and Fine boy George Campus of Mexico got my keen interest in the tornament.

I can still remember the solo goal from defense by a Saudi Arabian player against Belgium (l think was the goal of the tormanent).
Re: What Year Did You Start Watching World Cup by engrvicky(m): 7:13am On Nov 21, 2022
Mexico '86
Re: What Year Did You Start Watching World Cup by 99thEnemy(m): 7:19am On Nov 21, 2022
JentuPrinz:
Korea/Japan
I no fit forget d final grin

First time I knew Ronaldinho was in the 2002 finals.

Omo! That guy was just doing his normal ronaldinhoing to German players like tomorrow no dey, then he would carelessly loose the ball and will start laughing.

That guy has been my G.O.A.T since 2002 till today.

That guy is just in a league of his own. To me he is unparalleled.

Ronaldo de Assis Moreira aka Ronaldinho Gaúcho (The Living Legend)

Respect to Messi too, one of the World Greats

Re: What Year Did You Start Watching World Cup by Bekermann(m): 8:26am On Nov 21, 2022
Korea/Japan 2002

I remember Nigerians missing church on that fateful Sunday we lost to Gabriel Bastitutas header and Argentina.

I also remember how Germany mauled Saudi Arabia 8-0.

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Zidane's Head Butt In World Cup 2006 Final / Ahmed Musa, Adesua Etomi, Others Make Future Awards Africa 2018 Nominees List / Birmingham 2022: Njideka (gold), Ugochi (bronze) In Women's Shotput Para Event

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.