Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,170,846 members, 7,879,602 topics. Date: Wednesday, 03 July 2024 at 10:38 PM

Tunibu Supporters: What Does It Mean To "Recharge Lake Chad"? - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Tunibu Supporters: What Does It Mean To "Recharge Lake Chad"? (7376 Views)

ObIdients & Tinubu Supporters, What Do You Learn From Datti & Sanwo-Olu Picture? / Tinubu Promises To Recharge Lake Chad If Elected President / Tinubu: I Will Recharge Lake Chad, Continue Exploration Works In Frontier Basins (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tunibu Supporters: What Does It Mean To "Recharge Lake Chad"? by 9japride(m): 5:13am On Nov 24, 2022
Tinubu was right. It's not everything that must be looked in a political way. Lake Chad is drying up and it's important to keep it alive for the purpose of life to thrive in that region.
Re: Tunibu Supporters: What Does It Mean To "Recharge Lake Chad"? by omonnakoda: 4:53pm On Nov 24, 2022
There have been threads about

RECHARGING LAKE CHAD on this same Nairaland years ago
Re: Tunibu Supporters: What Does It Mean To "Recharge Lake Chad"? by omonnakoda: 4:55pm On Nov 24, 2022
9japride:
Tinubu was right. It's not everything that must be looked in a political way. Lake Chad is drying up and it's important to keep it alive for the purpose of life to thrive in that region.
RIGHT what do you mean by "right" ?
A that there is such a thing as recharging a lake

OR

B that it is a good idea for the Federal Government to do it?

In the case of B my question to you is

Do you have an idea how much it will cost and where will the money come from?
Re: Tunibu Supporters: What Does It Mean To "Recharge Lake Chad"? by 9japride(m): 6:52pm On Nov 24, 2022
omonnakoda:
RIGHT what do you mean by "right" ?
A that there is such a thing as recharging a lake

OR

B that it is a good idea for the Federal Government to do it?

In the case of B my question to you is

Do you have an idea how much it will cost and where will the money come from?
[color=#006600][/color]

Nigeria has the money to resuscitate the lake Chad. Those money being sunk in the north east for oil exploration were does it come from? Tinubu knows what he was saying concerning the recharging the lake. English language is dynamic and not static. I don't want Tinubu to handle Nigeria, but he has a point concerning lake Chad.
Re: Tunibu Supporters: What Does It Mean To "Recharge Lake Chad"? by omonnakoda: 6:55pm On Nov 24, 2022
9japride:
[color=#006600][/color]

Nigeria has the money to resuscitate the lake Chad. Those money being sunk in the north east for oil exploration were does it come from? Tinubu knows what he was saying concerning the recharging the lake. English language is dynamic and not static. I don't want Tinubu to handle Nigeria, but he has a point concerning lake Chad.
I want to have an intelligent discussion

The starting point is what will it cost before we talk about whether we have the money/
Do you have an idea?

Let us leave Tinubu to one side and discuss rationally
Re: Tunibu Supporters: What Does It Mean To "Recharge Lake Chad"? by 9japride(m): 12:39am On Nov 25, 2022
omonnakoda:
I want to have an intelligent discussion

The starting point is what will it cost before we talk about whether we have the money/
Do you have an idea?

Let us leave Tinubu to one side and discuss rationally
[color=#006600][/color]

I don't understand your question? It's a gradual process to keep the lake Chad stable and Nigeria has the financial capability to do that. Those who specialize in land management can be consulted to set a target to achieve such plans. Normally, most mega projects in the country are over priced leaving a small amount for the actual work. We waste unnecessary money in the country especially the political class. You should direct your questions to those in the authority that usually waste money on irrelevant things.
Re: Tunibu Supporters: What Does It Mean To "Recharge Lake Chad"? by omonnakoda: 6:40pm On Nov 26, 2022
9japride:
[color=#006600][/color]

I don't understand your question? It's a gradual process to keep the lake Chad stable and Nigeria has the financial capability to do that. Those who specialize in land management can be consulted to set a target to achieve such plans. Normally, most mega projects in the country are over priced leaving a small amount for the actual work. We waste unnecessary money in the country especially the political class. You should direct your questions to those in the authority that usually waste money on irrelevant things.
Simple English

YOU claimed Nigeria "Has the money" That means you have costed it?

What is the cost?
Re: Tunibu Supporters: What Does It Mean To "Recharge Lake Chad"? by 9japride(m): 4:51am On Nov 27, 2022
omonnakoda:
Simple English

YOU claimed Nigeria "Has the money" That means you have costed it?

What is the cost?
[color=#006600][/color]

Guy free me. Maybe it's plant leaves that most guys in power use to waste on irrelevant things. I don't have time for unnecessary arguments.
Re: Tunibu Supporters: What Does It Mean To "Recharge Lake Chad"? by omonnakoda: 5:57am On Nov 27, 2022
9japride:
[color=#006600][/color]

Guy free me. Maybe it's plant leaves that most guys in power use to waste on irrelevant things. I don't have time for unnecessary arguments.
And it is me that has time ? I responded to what you said if you cannot back it up say so and spare the bullshit?
You said NIGERIA has money to replenish the Lake
Simple question how much will it cost?
Re: Tunibu Supporters: What Does It Mean To "Recharge Lake Chad"? by olawalepopoola: 6:58am On Nov 27, 2022
In Geology, to recharge a lake or well is to put water into it.

1 Like

Re: Tunibu Supporters: What Does It Mean To "Recharge Lake Chad"? by mubarak89(m): 8:50am On Nov 27, 2022
olawalepopoola:
In Geology, to recharge a lake or well is to put water into it.

Okay. But usually, where is the water gotten from?
Re: Tunibu Supporters: What Does It Mean To "Recharge Lake Chad"? by 9japride(m): 4:56pm On Nov 27, 2022
omonnakoda:
And it is me that has time ? I responded to what you said if you cannot back it up say so and spare the bullshit?
You said NIGERIA has money to replenish the Lake
Simple question how much will it cost?
[color=#006600][/color]

Guy abeg I am not government. Go to ministry of environment and inquire. You think I am one of those people that are conformable with the endless wastage of funds in the country or supporting those looters who have no intention of making the country livable? Keep making excuses for those in authority.
Re: Tunibu Supporters: What Does It Mean To "Recharge Lake Chad"? by omonnakoda: 5:04pm On Nov 27, 2022
9japride:
[color=#006600][/color]

Guy abeg I am not government. Go to ministry of environment and inquire. You think I am one of those people that are conformable with the endless wastage of funds in the country or supporting those looters who have no intention of making the country livable? Keep making excuses for those in authority.
You just want to rant

Who am I making excuses for? When where how?
Re: Tunibu Supporters: What Does It Mean To "Recharge Lake Chad"? by 9japride(m): 3:20am On Nov 28, 2022
omonnakoda:
You just want to rant

Who am I making excuses for? When where how?
[color=#006600][/color]

It's only someone that is benefiting from government that won't rant. Nigeria must change from 1999 era kind of politics. It's every Nigerian right to enjoy the good life. I no get energy to argue aimlessly.
Re: Tunibu Supporters: What Does It Mean To "Recharge Lake Chad"? by omonnakoda: 8:59am On Nov 28, 2022
9japride:
[color=#006600][/color]

It's only someone that is benefiting from government that won't rant. Nigeria must change from 1999 era kind of politics. It's every Nigerian right to enjoy the good life. I no get energy to argue aimlessly.
You are arguing aimlessly
Re: Tunibu Supporters: What Does It Mean To "Recharge Lake Chad"? by 9japride(m): 9:08pm On Nov 28, 2022
omonnakoda:
[color=#006600][/color]

Guy abeg let the matter rest. Let's just agree for peace to reign.
Re: Tunibu Supporters: What Does It Mean To "Recharge Lake Chad"? by Blue3k(m): 9:33pm On Nov 28, 2022
9japride:
[color=#006600][/color]

Guy abeg let the matter rest. Let's just agree for peace to reign.
omonnakoda:

The Transaqua project (Lake Chad Replenishment) would cost 50 billion dollars. There are alternatives like tapping Nubian Sandstone Aquifer but no estimates have been made on that. You can use Libya made River project as a proxy if you want to. Now discuss from there.

1 Like

Re: Tunibu Supporters: What Does It Mean To "Recharge Lake Chad"? by omonnakoda: 10:32pm On Nov 28, 2022
Blue3k:

The Transaqua project (Lake Chad Replenishment) would cost 50 billion dollars. There are alternatives like tapping Nubian Sandstone Aquifer but no estimates have been made on that. You can use Libya made River project as a proxy if you want to. Now discuss from there.
You are name dropping as if you or I or Nairaland are experts on Lake recharging?
Oga if you siddon for two people seat na two person money you go pay
Me I no know book
I am not sure what Transaua or Sandstone Aquifer is

But for discussion . Where will
$50 billion come from
That could be 30-40 trillion Naira
what is the current revenue of the Federal government and what is the debt service expense figure??

I am curious to know when/how recently the costing of that 50 billion took place bearing in mind that ENERGY used to pump or divert water would be a major cost

Now looking at it as a business? If you put in $50 billion will it generate money and how much? Or would you need to spend money annually to maintain

These are basic feasibility questions
Re: Tunibu Supporters: What Does It Mean To "Recharge Lake Chad"? by Blue3k(m): 10:37pm On Nov 28, 2022
omonnakoda:
You are name dropping as if you or I or Nairaland are experts on Lake recharging?
Oga if you siddon for two people seat na two person money you go pay
Me I no know book
I am not sure what Transaua or Sandstone Aquifer is

Here's a link you can read if you're interested in the topic. There's also Google if you have more questions. I'm glad to answer some of your questions on a thread I made about it later.

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2022/01/lake-chad-can-be-replenished-from-nubian-sandstone-aquifer-prof-adanu/
Re: Tunibu Supporters: What Does It Mean To "Recharge Lake Chad"? by omonnakoda: 10:45pm On Nov 28, 2022
Blue3k:

Here's a link you can read if you're interested in the topic. There's also good if you have more questions. I'm glad to answer some of your questions on a thread I made about it later.

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2022/01/lake-chad-can-be-replenished-from-nubian-sandstone-aquifer-prof-adanu/
Thanks appreciated but that is not the point we were addressing. Specifically we were talking about where the money is going to come from
Re: Tunibu Supporters: What Does It Mean To "Recharge Lake Chad"? by 9japride(m): 6:05am On Nov 29, 2022
Blue3k:

[color=#006600][/color]

Thanks for the information. As I said earlier, that the federal government can do it gradually. This can be achieved if there are cheaper options too. The point I was trying to pass across was that there is too much wastage in government. If one gather all the looted funds, it will go a long way in achieving the project. But Omonnakoda does not believe that Nigeria has money. If he's aware of the money used in fighting boko haram war , he will shed tears. If one ask as a Nigerian, name the things one is really benefiting as a law abiding citizen and no one should mention the things benefited as a result of connection to political guys because it's very few that are connected politically.
A lot of people just keep making excuses for those looters in authority and making it seems that they are doing the masses a favour. Most of them just do irrelevant mega project that does not have any direction connection to upliftment of the masses. All their aim is to just get kick backs from those mega project which are over priced. Go to developed countries and see how their people are being taken care of. Are those in developed countries risking their lives to cross the sea to escape poverty? When someone is ranting, others see it as just making noise and not knowing that they are slaving themselves for corrupt and emotionless politicians. I won't argue again, he should go to the ministry of environment and do he's own research too.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Phcn System Collapse Plunges Country Into Darkness / Proposed Abeokuta City Centre (pics) / The List Of Top 20 Most Corrupt Nigerians (dead/alive)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.