Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,201,008 members, 7,976,811 topics. Date: Wednesday, 16 October 2024 at 01:33 PM

Hurricane Irene Alert For Nairalanders In US - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Hurricane Irene Alert For Nairalanders In US (7010 Views)

Hurricane Fayose!! / Lagos: Ripples Of Hurricane Sandy May Hit – Commissioner / Photos: Hurricane Irene (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Hurricane Irene Alert For Nairalanders In US by manny4life(m): 12:27am On Aug 27, 2011
Anyway I'm out for the next 30mins, my D size batteries are effin up, got to go get another one from CVS,
Re: Hurricane Irene Alert For Nairalanders In US by pslm23(f): 12:28am On Aug 27, 2011
na wa oh! CNN is covering this hurricane more then the bomb blast in Abuja today. For 2 hours straight all i've been hearing is hurricane, hurricane.
Re: Hurricane Irene Alert For Nairalanders In US by Nobody: 12:28am On Aug 27, 2011
manny4life:

Good, so now u know cracks are minor damage and not life threatening and least worried about, I never told you I was worried about anything

I never said the cracks were life threatening. Seriously, do you choose what to red and not the whole content?
My whole point was focused on what caused he cracks and how much little street it exerts compared to life threatening natural catastrophic events like hurricanes.

Say thank you? Hmmm, you give someone an inch, they want a mile,

Nothing wrong with going for a mile.
Dont tell me you lack courtesy. No "Thank you"?
Re: Hurricane Irene Alert For Nairalanders In US by pslm23(f): 12:29am On Aug 27, 2011
manny4life:

Anyway I'm out for the next 30mins, my D size batteries are effin up, got to go get another one from CVS,

hurry oh!  grin CVS might be sold out on batteries too.
Re: Hurricane Irene Alert For Nairalanders In US by Nobody: 12:30am On Aug 27, 2011
pslm23:

na wa oh! CNN is covering this hurricane more then the bomb blast in Abuja today. For 2 hours straight all i've been hearing is hurricane, hurricane.

Dont worry. if you need a place to stay, I get one underground tunnel for Maryland. it's not a beach house but it'll do.

OASN, the reasons why it's such a big deal are because  a) NY is the big apple   b) It's such a rare case to have hurricane up there.
Re: Hurricane Irene Alert For Nairalanders In US by Nobody: 12:32am On Aug 27, 2011
manny4life:

Buying extra stuffs for the hurricane to blow away?
Re: Hurricane Irene Alert For Nairalanders In US by manny4life(m): 12:52am On Aug 27, 2011
pslm23:

hurry oh!  grin CVS might be sold out on batteries too.

CVS is sold out of D size batteries, I am really pissed off @ the moment, WTH, a whole CVS store don't have batteries, CVS, Walmart, Target all out of D batteries, I'm really confused now. How far will I travel for some damn batteries and how am I so sure they will have them? I'll try Wal-Greens and see what happens.
Re: Hurricane Irene Alert For Nairalanders In US by tpia5: 1:06am On Aug 27, 2011
manny4life:

I haven't really seen it though, so I cannot say for sure, they have it on Netflix?

they should.

i think they have most movies.
Re: Hurricane Irene Alert For Nairalanders In US by Sunofgod(m): 9:08am On Aug 27, 2011
How far?

Has the hurricane arrived yet?

Keep NL posted. . . . . .
Re: Hurricane Irene Alert For Nairalanders In US by nadine07: 9:21am On Aug 27, 2011
@ roland17 indeed a small world, i live in carmelo drive, i guess u stay near the HMART then we all live in the same area, dis is intresting ohhhhh
Re: Hurricane Irene Alert For Nairalanders In US by buzugee(m): 11:33am On Aug 27, 2011
all you guys that live in VA, isnt this like redneck country ? and country bumpkin territory ? correct me if i am wrong. i know they have lots of gun totting bumpkins in the state of VA. are yall far from norfolk, west virginia etc etc ? what is the attraction to VA ? what took yall there ? and when is this your famous hurricane coming through ? today ? 2moz ?
Re: Hurricane Irene Alert For Nairalanders In US by buzugee(m): 11:55am On Aug 27, 2011
Manny i know yall aint picked up the local dance yet. well ill be a donkeys a s s, giddy up then
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CayKBU8EfH4
Re: Hurricane Irene Alert For Nairalanders In US by Roland17(m): 12:41pm On Aug 27, 2011
Can we possible meet this weekend? wat do u think?
nadine07:

@ roland17 indeed a small world, i live in carmelo drive, i guess u stay near the HMART then we all live in the same area, dis is intresting ohhhhh
Re: Hurricane Irene Alert For Nairalanders In US by nadine07: 12:58pm On Aug 27, 2011
@ roland17 send ur digits to me joanphilps@yahoo.com
Re: Hurricane Irene Alert For Nairalanders In US by Roland17(m): 2:48pm On Aug 27, 2011
@nadine07

I have sent it.
Re: Hurricane Irene Alert For Nairalanders In US by tpia5: 2:59pm On Aug 27, 2011
@ buzugee

they're in the DC metro area. Virginia is a big place. I think you're referring to the parts further south, closer to the north carolina border.

Northern virginia is a bit more cosmopolitan though everybody tends to stay in their own lane sha.

The last time i was in virginia i did notice some attitude but i blamed it on sept 11.

But who knows- you could be right sha, although i cant really say i noticed such descriptions when i was in nova. There are a lot of immigrants on that side.
Re: Hurricane Irene Alert For Nairalanders In US by dramenda(f): 3:04pm On Aug 27, 2011
We
Re: Hurricane Irene Alert For Nairalanders In US by armyofone(m): 3:51pm On Aug 27, 2011
make sure you all stock up on ogbono, okra, egusi soup and stew (bokoto, oxtail, fresh fish and beef). keep your rice, yam tuber, iyan, eba/garri, amala close by. also stock up on cabin biscuit, chin chin and meatpies. stay indoor and eat.
happy eating and watching out from the window how the storm is going  wink
Re: Hurricane Irene Alert For Nairalanders In US by Nobody: 4:22pm On Aug 27, 2011
armyofone:

make sure you all stock up on ogbono, okra, egusi soup and stew (bokoto, oxtail, fresh fish and beef). keep your rice, yam tuber, iyan, eba/garri, amala close by. also stock up on cabin biscuit, chin chin and meatpies. stay indoor and eat.
happy eating and watching out from the window how the storm is going  wink

You did not disappoint me. Bawo ni? grin
Re: Hurricane Irene Alert For Nairalanders In US by seanet02: 4:36pm On Aug 27, 2011
Sorry o
Re: Hurricane Irene Alert For Nairalanders In US by manny4life(m): 5:00pm On Aug 27, 2011
buzugee:

all you guys that live in VA, isnt this like redneck country ? and country bumpkin territory ? correct me if i am wrong. i know they have lots of gun totting bumpkins in the state of VA. are yall far from norfolk, west virginia etc etc ? what is the attraction to VA ? what took yall there ? and when is this your famous hurricane coming through ? today ? 2moz ?

Redneck country you call it right? No, it's no redneck country and no gun totting bumpkins as you call it. While VA is a highly republican state; however, we are in the Northern Virginia often called the Commonwealth of Northern Virginia. Yeah we are quite far from Norfolk and West Virginia is another state of it's own, and like@tpia said, those part of VA border to the South while we border to the North of DC and MD. Like most will say, we are in the Metropolitan area (metro area), because we are 10mins away or less from the Capitol or DC Downtown. The Pentagon (U.S. DoD headquarters) is in Arlington VA, so we are not within the area of your description. What is attractive to Northern VA is for several reasons; peace and quietness, if you know your games, you can easily get to meet high profile fellows in the area. Jobs, housing, et al attracts people like me to VA.
Re: Hurricane Irene Alert For Nairalanders In US by tpia5: 5:06pm On Aug 27, 2011
^Very nice housing over there though some parts are expensive but if you dont mind living in the remote suburbs, could be more affordable.

And the arabs love the place for some reason.

Could never figure out why.

Though its a nice place to live for the most part.

And yes, you're right about the south being rather different from the north.
Re: Hurricane Irene Alert For Nairalanders In US by manny4life(m): 5:09pm On Aug 27, 2011
tpia@:

@ buzugee

they're in the DC metro area. Virginia is a big place. I think you're referring to the parts further south, closer to the north carolina border.

Northern virginia is a bit more cosmopolitan though everybody tends to stay in their own lane sha.

The last time i was in virginia i did notice some attitude but i blamed it on sept 11.

But who knows- you could be right sha, although i cant really say i noticed such descriptions when i was in nova. There are a lot of immigrants on that side.

How do u mean by attitude? I know Virginians can be reserved but I don't know about the attitude. I know they can be very rude when riding the metro train (particularly if you're traveling during rush hour) but I don't know about rude though. As for Sept 11, everyone is vigilant, you don't blame them. Security is very tight at Pentagon and all govt Bldgs so you can expect worse from worrisome people. In addition to that, DC can be unfriendly sometimes, but Washingtonian locals can identify who is a visitor or not because there are some norms which if you don't follow, we know you're out of town.
Re: Hurricane Irene Alert For Nairalanders In US by manny4life(m): 5:13pm On Aug 27, 2011
tpia@:

^Very nice housing over there though some parts are expensive but if you dont mind living in the remote suburbs, could be more affordable.

And the arabs love the place for some reason.

Could never figure out why.

Though its a nice place to live for the most part.

And yes, you're right about the south being rather different from the north.

Yeah very expensive, you can bank on it. You know how much my 2br cost me monthly although I live somewhat close to metro but it's expensive as hell but I'm not complaining though, I love the place; easier access to everything. Most of the arabs who love the place, if they are educated which most are, is because most of them have secret/top secret positions in the FG (don't say I told you) and besides, Arabs love a beautiful serene environment, you forget quickly that Arabs are the ones who spend money. In addition to that, consider the oil money and connections they are linked to high profile fellows in DC, most are on business and they sure spend a lot of money.
Re: Hurricane Irene Alert For Nairalanders In US by SEFAGO(m): 5:22pm On Aug 27, 2011
Redneck country you call it right? No, it's no redneck country and no gun totting bumpkins as you call it. While VA is a highly republican state; however, we are in the Northern Virginia often called the Commonwealth of Northern Virginia. Yeah we are quite far from Norfolk and West Virginia is another state of it's own, and like@tpia said, those part of VA border to the South while we border to the North of DC and MD. Like most will say, we are in the Metropolitan area (metro area), because we are 10mins away or less from the Capitol or DC Downtown. The Pentagon (U.S. DoD headquarters) is in Arlington VA, so we are not within the area of your description. What is attractive to Northern VA is for several reasons; peace and quietness, if you know your games, you can easily get to meet high profile fellows in the area. Jobs, housing, et al attracts people like me to VA.

NOVA (northern virginia) northern virginia is very different from Southern virginia I have to say.

@ Tpia iyawo me, when are you coming to my house so I can show you something?
Re: Hurricane Irene Alert For Nairalanders In US by tpia5: 5:31pm On Aug 27, 2011
manny4life:

Yeah very expensive, you can bank on it. You know how much my 2br cost me monthly although I live somewhat close to metro but it's expensive as hell but I'm not complaining though, I love the place; easier access to everything. Most of the arabs who love the place, if they are educated which most are, is because most of them have secret/top secret positions in the FG (don't say I told you) and besides, Arabs love a beautiful serene environment, you forget quickly that Arabs are the ones who spend money. In addition to that, consider the oil money and connections they are linked to high profile fellows in DC, most are on business and they sure spend a lot of money.

^It certainly is a beautiful and serene area and quite different from the southern part. Lol.

Yes, a lot of the arabs there are very well connected and keep a low profile.

Wbb
Re: Hurricane Irene Alert For Nairalanders In US by tpia5: 5:33pm On Aug 27, 2011
My post was for manny4life
Re: Hurricane Irene Alert For Nairalanders In US by SEFAGO(m): 5:47pm On Aug 27, 2011
tpia@:

My post was for manny4life

Nah not so fast, you were talking to me. Yeah I agree with you
Re: Hurricane Irene Alert For Nairalanders In US by buzugee(m): 6:03pm On Aug 27, 2011
tpia@:

@ buzugee

thanks for the enlightenment Tpia. sounds like there are tonnes of naija in the DMV area. when you say people stay in their own lane, you mean like races and cultures stick to themselves and chin everyone else ? cultural segregation, i am assuming.
Re: Hurricane Irene Alert For Nairalanders In US by buzugee(m): 6:10pm On Aug 27, 2011
manny4life:

sounds like one heck of a place.
Re: Hurricane Irene Alert For Nairalanders In US by okadaman2: 6:15pm On Aug 27, 2011
The rain never fall?
Re: Hurricane Irene Alert For Nairalanders In US by OmoLisabi(m): 6:18pm On Aug 27, 2011
SEFAGO:

Nah not so fast, you were talking to me. Yeah I agree with you
Where have you been all this while? long time

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Tunisia Deports 98 Nigerians For Immigration Offences / Fashola Commissions LASU School Of Transport. PICS.. / Photos Of Nigerian Navy Special Forces On Routine Training In Russia

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.