Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,088 members, 7,880,403 topics. Date: Thursday, 04 July 2024 at 05:37 PM

Is It Possible To Fall In Love With Someone You've Never Met? - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Is It Possible To Fall In Love With Someone You've Never Met? (10775 Views)

Can You Fall For Someone You've Never Met? / Falling In Love With Someone You've Never Seen : How Safe? / Can You Fall In Love Online/fb With Someone You've Never Met? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is It Possible To Fall In Love With Someone You've Never Met? by claremont(m): 1:12am On Aug 27, 2011
Cuddlemii:

@claremont,

I don't think the subject of the topic is limited to Nland. If its about Nland then I suggest the op changes the subject to fit in Nland.

Even if its  about Nland, never say never. People have met & married on here so what are you going to say about that? Obviously, the love is not an immediate thing but a collection of various factors & experience with the other Nlander. Destiny is not in the hands of men, so you can't play God if he says your wife is here.
^^^
Hello, we are talking about general points of discussion here, lets not personalize it. The alter-ego known as Claremont is already a happily married polygamist with kids, so this issue shouldn't even concern him, he is only giving advice from his wealth of experience like the old and wise sage he is!

BTW, I don't understand what God has to do in a simple discussion about the rationality or otherwise of ONline relationships.
Re: Is It Possible To Fall In Love With Someone You've Never Met? by emofine(f): 1:16am On Aug 27, 2011
Mynd_44:

^^^
some people are also desperate for attention that they don't mind who gives them as long as they get it

Precisely - however as selfish as it sounds I'd rather these emotionally starved people carry out their fantasies online than in real life because others might just end up as collateral damage.
Re: Is It Possible To Fall In Love With Someone You've Never Met? by Maguy(m): 1:17am On Aug 27, 2011
the topic is not about Nland. its a general discussion, ie twitter, facebook or other social network or other forms.
Re: Is It Possible To Fall In Love With Someone You've Never Met? by Cuddlemii: 1:20am On Aug 27, 2011
Maguy:

the topic is not about Nland. its a general discussion, ie twitter, facebook or other social network or other forms.

Very good. It makes it more interesting.
Re: Is It Possible To Fall In Love With Someone You've Never Met? by claremont(m): 1:21am On Aug 27, 2011
emofine:

Precisely - however as selfish as it sounds I'd rather these emotionally starved people carry out their fantasies online than in real life because others might just end up as collateral damage.
The conclusion of this whole matter is that it bothers on insanity;
Emotionally starved + Online fantasies + delusions = Insanity.
If this doesn't define insanity, then how else can insanity be defined?!

Maguy:

The fact of the matter is that the scientific evidence is totally against ONline relationships of any kind irrespective of whether it was started in Nairaland, Twitter, facebook e.t.c; the reason is because of the invisible barrier which an ONline relationship creates. The "falling-in-love" that people profess to faceless individuals ONline is actually lustful infatuation, not much different from the feeling two animals have for each other, there is nothing inherently human in it. It totally goes against plain logical reasoning, absolutely irrational!
Re: Is It Possible To Fall In Love With Someone You've Never Met? by folahann(m): 1:22am On Aug 27, 2011
watch as this thread will make 100 pages very soon.
If na serious issue, people no go care
Re: Is It Possible To Fall In Love With Someone You've Never Met? by BABE3: 1:23am On Aug 27, 2011
Mynd_44:

If anyone told you this would you believe it? Faceless person ko punnyless person ni

You never know.
Re: Is It Possible To Fall In Love With Someone You've Never Met? by Maguy(m): 1:24am On Aug 27, 2011
folahann:

watch as this thread will make 100 pages very soon.
If na serious issue, people no go care

it is a very serious issue. if it wasn't people wouldn't care enough to express how they feel about the topic.
Re: Is It Possible To Fall In Love With Someone You've Never Met? by seedord247(m): 1:35am On Aug 27, 2011
If you promise to get her . . . BB Torch, Brazillian hair, send like 10-20 to her bank account everyweeek. . .

Definitely she will fall inlove with you even in dream.
Re: Is It Possible To Fall In Love With Someone You've Never Met? by emofine(f): 1:44am On Aug 27, 2011
claremont:

The conclusion of this whole matter is that it bothers on insanity;
Emotionally starved + Online fantasies + delusions = Insanity.
If this doesn't define insanity, then how else can insanity be defined?!

I then wonder what Emmotionally starved + Offline fantasies + delusions = . . . ?

At least there is a carriage for the insane posters online - if such people carried such delusions with them in real life then I suspect there will be a lot of nefarious activities.

Better "in" than "out" I say grin
Re: Is It Possible To Fall In Love With Someone You've Never Met? by Cuddlemii: 1:50am On Aug 27, 2011
Smh. Says who? The ones that I have witnessed, the couples make sense. They are educated, intelligent, cultured, resourceful & good looking. So what makes them emotionally starved. What makes the couples that met in real life more special than them with the rate of divorce of people that got married ages ago.

Since when did the meeting point  become the bone of contention. Are we not suppose to focus on the happiness & peace of mind of the couples in a relationship or marriage. So what would you say about people that met in the night club? I think human beings need to stop the criticism, judgmental  & sanctimonious blabbings. Nigerians will never be realistic or say what is happening in the real world. We like to justify, pretend & lie.

I am not saying they would fall in love with each other asap but they would still go through the normal processes that real life meeting people go through. They would also apply the necessary safety precautions too.

Some people are going through emotional blackmail & turmoil with their partners they met in real life. Some have been dating for years with nothing to show for it. Some have been ripped off, Some even bought their men with money & sex so those ones are not emotionally starved but emotional stabbed, right?
So tell me how is real life meeting better than online meeting, is it a determinant of lasting relationship free from heartbreaks.

I know there are hazards involved in online meeting but there are hazard involved with friends we have known from childhood too. Life is a risk. Trust no one & anything can happen. Follow what people think or what people assume to know & stay stagnant.

You think real life meeting can not involve two liars deceiving themselves & cheating on each other. You guys should wake up man & smell the coffee.

I thank God for making me a realist & it has always worked well for me. So for cuddles, whether you people meet in the gutter or spring, stand for who you are, earn your respect & enjoy every bit of it.
Re: Is It Possible To Fall In Love With Someone You've Never Met? by Nobody: 1:53am On Aug 27, 2011
I'm a culprit. I do it a lot. It's impossible because it's unrealistic. Long distance makes it unrealistic. Btw I have a crush on Neyah, babe, ogu sumtin, etc,
Re: Is It Possible To Fall In Love With Someone You've Never Met? by Nobody: 1:57am On Aug 27, 2011
yes cool
Re: Is It Possible To Fall In Love With Someone You've Never Met? by emofine(f): 1:57am On Aug 27, 2011
Cuddlemii:

Smh. Says who? The ones that I have witnessed, the couples make sense. They are educated, intelligent, cultured, resourceful & good looking. So what makes them emotionally starved. What makes the couples that met in real life more special than them with the rate of divorce of people that got married ages ago.

Since when did the meeting point  become the bone of contention. Are we not suppose to focus on the happiness & peace of mind of the couples in a relationship or marriage. So what would you say about people that met in the night club? I think human beings need to stop the criticism, judgmental  & sanctimonious blabbings. Nigerians will never be realistic or say what is happening in the real world. We like to justify, pretend & lie.

I am not saying they would fall in love with each other asap but they would still go through the normal processes that real life meeting people go through. They would also apply the necessary safety precautions too.

Some people are going through emotional blackmail & turmoil with their partners they met in real life. Some have been dating for years with nothing to show for it. Some have been ripped off, Some even bought their men with money & sex so those ones are not emotionally starved but emotional stabbed, right?
So tell me how is real life meeting better than online meeting, is it a determinant of lasting relationship free from heartbreaks.

I know there are hazards involved in online meeting but there are hazard involved with friends we have known from childhood too. Life is a risk. Trust no one & anything can happen. Follow what people think or what people assume to know & stay stagnant.

You think real life meeting can not involve two liars deceiving themselves & cheating on each other. You guys should wake up man & smell the coffee.

I thank God for making me a realist & it has always worked well for me. So for cuddles, whether you people meet in the gutter or spring, they should stand for who they are, earn their respect & enjoy every bit of it.

Well after reading this post I do feel ashamed and believe I was carried away with my judgement and preconceptions. . . I will just clarify one point however, that in response to a particular poster who mentioned that some people are desperate to get attention that they don't even mind who offers such - which is where I introduced the word emotionally starved in the sequence.

I am sorry however if I might have caused offence to those involved in such union. . . I was pretty narrow minded there for a while embarassed I humbly apologies.
Re: Is It Possible To Fall In Love With Someone You've Never Met? by dammytex: 2:00am On Aug 27, 2011
What am I even saying sef? Its possible jor.

Its possible i meet a lady anywhere whether online or referral. We talk regularly. we send our pictures to each other. We share the same line of interest along religion, politics, fashion, music, holidaying, spending, food, family, future etc.

We share secrets, we advise each other, our background checks tallies, so why won't i fall?

Haven't you heard we can be more romantic in our writings and remote voices rather than physical presence.

Truthfully, if you consider all the factors of falling in love, about 80% can be confirmed remotely. Only the exception of few others require physical presence and actions to consolidate.
Re: Is It Possible To Fall In Love With Someone You've Never Met? by Tosinville(m): 2:05am On Aug 27, 2011
Very possible
Re: Is It Possible To Fall In Love With Someone You've Never Met? by Nobody: 2:12am On Aug 27, 2011
Social networks are not the only way to fall for someone. There are also emailing and phone calling. So yes, it's possible.

Cuddlemii:

I thank God for making me a realist & it has always worked well for me. So for cuddles, whether you people meet in the gutter or spring, stand for who you are, earn your respect & enjoy every bit of it.

Waoh, well said smiley
Re: Is It Possible To Fall In Love With Someone You've Never Met? by Cuddlemii: 2:18am On Aug 27, 2011
emofine:

Well after reading this post I do feel ashamed and believe I was carried away with my judgement and preconceptions. . . I will just clarify one point however, that in response to a particular poster who mentioned that some people are desperate to get attention that they don't even mind who offers such - which is where I introduced the word emotionally starved in the sequence.

I am sorry however if I might have caused offence to those involved in such union. . . I was pretty narrow minded there for a while embarassed I humbly apologies.

Na its no biggy wink wink. That is how I usually drag things then come back to reality again that this is a faceless forum. I just like to create an avenue for people to feel free & at home wink wink. In btw I think someone with his name starting with 2 letters above the first letter of your user name fancies you. take care.
Re: Is It Possible To Fall In Love With Someone You've Never Met? by dammytex: 2:22am On Aug 27, 2011
^^^
If my maths is still good;

I'm suspecting claremont
Re: Is It Possible To Fall In Love With Someone You've Never Met? by Cuddlemii: 2:48am On Aug 27, 2011
dammytex:

^^^

I'm suspecting claremont

Saying "Akoba adaba olorun ma jia ri" in hausa intonation (some beggar sturvs)
Re: Is It Possible To Fall In Love With Someone You've Never Met? by MrsChima(f): 2:49am On Aug 27, 2011
I see why online scamming so easy. lipsrsealed
Re: Is It Possible To Fall In Love With Someone You've Never Met? by Lax75(m): 2:50am On Aug 27, 2011
@ poster:
Don't do it, you will die!
Re: Is It Possible To Fall In Love With Someone You've Never Met? by EfeEkarume(m): 2:51am On Aug 27, 2011
Don't forget, love is disabled. Its blind!
Re: Is It Possible To Fall In Love With Someone You've Never Met? by MrsChima(f): 3:05am On Aug 27, 2011
You sure about that?
Re: Is It Possible To Fall In Love With Someone You've Never Met? by Pweety4me(f): 3:44am On Aug 27, 2011
I dunno know about 'falling-in-love' but yu can fall in many other things undecided
Re: Is It Possible To Fall In Love With Someone You've Never Met? by Lax75(m): 4:29am On Aug 27, 2011
@ Poster, You will DIE! Don't.
Re: Is It Possible To Fall In Love With Someone You've Never Met? by tpia5: 4:38am On Aug 27, 2011
@ topic

people do it all the time dont they.

problem is love is overrated.
Re: Is It Possible To Fall In Love With Someone You've Never Met? by EfeEkarume(m): 4:58am On Aug 27, 2011
Mrs.Chima:

You sure about that?
. . . Like a new armpit roll on, SURE!
Re: Is It Possible To Fall In Love With Someone You've Never Met? by Scash(f): 7:05am On Aug 27, 2011
Claremont,
u hurt me deeply.
One, my name was nt included amongst those that doesnt fake xters here.
Two, u said its nt possible to fall in love online, wen am already dying for you.
Am so hurt. sad sad
*cries harder n walks out*
Re: Is It Possible To Fall In Love With Someone You've Never Met? by whyMMM: 7:10am On Aug 27, 2011
op
what is love self angry
Re: Is It Possible To Fall In Love With Someone You've Never Met? by claremont(m): 7:12am On Aug 27, 2011
emofine:

[b]On this occasion, there is a scientific basis for the perceived "narrow-mindedness", therefore, it is erroneous to call it narrow-mindedness. The science behind ONline relationships has concluded that they are totally irrational, defeatist, and runs against basic human logic. Human relationships since the beginning of time have always been cultured via face-to-face meetings with each other, to suggest otherwise is to live in denial of the clear evidence. I do agree that a few positive deviants from the norm may exist today, in the sense that there may be a couple of happy partners who started their initial relationship ONline, but when these few is compared with the rest of the population, it becomes statistically INsignificant.

The bottom-line is this; ONline relationships of any kind is bad, scientific research has proven unequivocally that it is bad, it goes against basic human norms of face-to-face meetings which has nurtured our species for ages, and finally, it is irrational. If anyone has a contrary argument, they should prove to me how possible it is for a sane human being to "fall-in-love" with a red-coloured chameleon, and then "fall-OUT-of-love" when the chameleon turns green; because essentially that's what ONline relationships are.[/b]

dammytex:

^^^

I'm suspecting claremont

Cuddlemii:

Saying "Akoba adaba olorun ma jia ri" in hausa intonation (some beggar sturvs)

Na una know how una take dey draw una conclusions. I tire for some Nairalanders oh! cheesy grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Backside Everywhere!! Actress Destiny Etiko Flaunts Her Figure 8 (photos) / I Am Starting To Doubt My Sexual Orientation, Please Advise / Man Dies In My Shop After Loosing 49 Million PHOTOS

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.