Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,815 members, 7,872,732 topics. Date: Wednesday, 26 June 2024 at 08:49 PM

You Can Not Beat My Isp - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / You Can Not Beat My Isp (926 Views)

The Best ISP In Nigeria? / My ISP (Intercellular) Is Blocking Secure Sites (HTTPS) / How Do I Disable Or Bypass My ISP Firewall? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

You Can Not Beat My Isp by nazzyon(m): 6:35am On Aug 24, 2007
Hello people,

Don't mind that topic. Just want to get your attention; which I guess I succeeded.

Thanks for clicking the mouse.

I have noticed lots of peoples either complaining about their ISPs and others who wants to know which ISP is more suitable. So I thought if we can all help by present some infos about our ISP by showing the speeds of our internet and their downside.

Thanks for sparing few secs for this.

I guess I have to take the lead.

My Location: Ikoyi (Sometimes locations affects the Sent and Received packets)

My ISP: Cobranet

Service: WIRELESS BROADBAND

Day Night
Download speed: 124 (Kbps) 200 (Kbps)

Upload speed: 25(kbps) 41 (kbps)

Speed Test: www.abeltronica.com

[b]Note:
It flunctuates.

Pros: N12,600 (Cheap)
Cons: Technical problems @least once in 2 months. They always change phases so that affects customers @ least me.[/b]

I also use other providers in different locations (e.g Starcomms, Celtel GPRS when mobile).

In future we can discuss on how to boost the speeds, because some ISPs are good but due to some junks in PCs it slows down the speed of browsing.

Thanks
Re: You Can Not Beat My Isp by hitsales(m): 9:09am On Sep 06, 2007
Hi @Nazzyon,

Emm, don't know where to get started but please I'd like you to help me out. I've been contemplating on getting a laptop (atleast a used one) as Im not that financially buoyant though Im a low income earner but would like to own a laptop. Now what I want to know is this,

WHich kind/type of laptop that I can go for like a pentium 3 which I can't really guess which configuration is best,

Which service provide should I get connected to as there are lots of them like Starcomms and the rest having their service charge for a 24/7 browsing for #10,000.

I've got a Celtel that I make use of but it aint configured. if I eventually get it configured, how do they charge for their service?

Please intimate me with all of this information, you can reach me via my signature, I'd be pleased!!

Michael B!
Re: You Can Not Beat My Isp by nawa1(m): 5:02pm On Sep 11, 2007
hitsales:

Which service provide should I get connected to as there are lots of them like Starcomms and the rest having their service charge for a 24/7 browsing for #10,000.

grin wrong thread grin grin but starcomms charges N10,000 per month.

isp: starcomms

device type: modem

speed: 230.4kbps

prons: N10,000 (more cheap)

cons: none grin grin

(1) (Reply)

Starcomms Evdo Free Text Messaging / Learn How To Repair Laptops With This Amazing Video Tutorials / Who Need Paid Server For India Web Proxy?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.