Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,200,959 members, 7,976,623 topics. Date: Wednesday, 16 October 2024 at 10:51 AM

Lagos Driving 101 - Car Talk (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Lagos Driving 101 (8282 Views)

Why Is INTERNATIONAL DRIVING PERMIT Not Allowed In Nigeria. / Drivers Under-25 From Driving Taxis & Trucks / Knowledge 101: Which Engine Oil To Buy? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lagos Driving 101 by seguno2: 9:59am On Dec 18, 2007
I have also laughed at this thread and found it very funny.
However I believe it says a lot about us as a people and why things don't work in our dear country. We laugh at our own disorderliness and indiscipline. Granted it is started by our siren-blowing leaders and big men (real & imagined/acting), but the reality is laughing at such simply means we are not ready or do not have it in us to enjoy the fruits of orderliness and lawful behaviour at home. But one cannot reasonably conclude that we don't have it in us to be orderly and lawful without coercion, since we do so when we are in developed countries.
It is such attitude that our (s)elected leaders take advantage of to keep riding us as donkeys and beasts of burden knowing we will continue to laugh at our collective misery rather than demand for our rights.
I hope we will deeply reflect on our pittiable (and not laughable) condition and educate ourselves on the need to change even one-person-at-a-time for our own benefit.
Re: Lagos Driving 101 by TawaTemi1(f): 12:02pm On Dec 18, 2007
grin grin grin grin grin

Am laughing my head off and am rolling on the floor.

[s]get up, get up, get up, who will wash ur dirty cloth?[/s]
Re: Lagos Driving 101 by lailai2(m): 2:21pm On Dec 18, 2007
also, u guys 4got to mention abt female drivers who most of the time tink they are being bullied on d road(becos they ar the weaker sex) hence thy also end up drivin rough.

ive seen a lot f craazy female drivers n they ar really crazy.

drivin is also interesting cos its one f the few situatns d ajepako cn get one over the ajebota. if u listen to sum road argumnts, u'll get wat im tryin 2 say
Re: Lagos Driving 101 by Blackcat(f): 2:52pm On Dec 18, 2007
seguno2:

However I believe it says a lot about us as a people and why things don't work in our dear country. We laugh at our own disorderliness and indiscipline. Granted it is started by our siren-blowing leaders and big men (real & imagined/acting), but the reality is laughing at such simply means we are not ready or do not have it in us to enjoy the fruits of orderliness and lawful behaviour at home. But one cannot reasonably conclude that we don't have it in us to be orderly and lawful without coercion, since we do so when we are in developed countries.
It is such attitude that our (s)elected leaders take advantage of to keep riding us as donkeys and beasts of burden knowing we will continue to laugh at our collective misery rather than demand for our rights.
I hope we will deeply reflect on our pittiable (and not laughable) condition and educate ourselves on the need to change even one-person-at-a-time for our own benefit.

WORD
Re: Lagos Driving 101 by chris4ever(m): 1:51pm On Dec 19, 2007
Omo guy you are really funny. Anyway i saw a similar article on this site. http://1naijasite.castlenetng.com/?p=10
Re: Lagos Driving 101 by 9ja4eva: 7:39pm On Dec 19, 2007
seguno2:

True talk
Re: Lagos Driving 101 by akara(m): 1:44pm On Dec 20, 2007
welcome to Lagos o
shocked
Re: Lagos Driving 101 by PLAYETTE(f): 6:11pm On Dec 20, 2007
@ Poster, LOL Thanks, I could use this info,
@seguno2, Those are words of wisdom!
Re: Lagos Driving 101 by niyooah(m): 3:00pm On Dec 21, 2007
very very funny and true, i ave been driving in lagos for a decade now, it only gotten worse day by day. item no 7 is the bomb. come to think of it, this post is 101 meaning there are still more from u. shocked shocked [/b]i will keep waiting for more[b]
Re: Lagos Driving 101 by coolkaboom(m): 8:53pm On Dec 22, 2007
unrelated story, but it's hilarious.

a naija man on holiday in neighbouring ghana was waitin for a bus with other commuters in a rather long queue.worried that he was running rather late for his appointment, he was relieved to see an empty bus pull up.he quickly did d maths and figured he would still be left behing as the bus could convey 12 and he was no 14.

as a typical wake-up naija man, he quickly huffed, puffed and dabaru-d the setting and made sure he was the 1st to enter even before d bus had fully stopped moving. the other commuters were incensed and started rainin abuses on his head but my bad-guy no send them at all.

d only person that got to him was the driver of the bus. he calmly pleaded with the other passengers to ignore and forgive him since the "were" was most likely a Nigerian, goin by his unruly behaviour. the man had never been so ashamed of himself in all his life.

that didnt mean he got down sha , he endured all their yabis and made his appointment on time.
Re: Lagos Driving 101 by cyprianjr(m): 11:23pm On Dec 22, 2007
coolkaboom:

unrelated story, but it's hilarious.

a naija man on holiday in neighbouring ghana was waitin for a bus with other commuters in a rather long queue.worried that he was running rather late for his appointment, he was relieved to see an empty bus pull up.he quickly did d maths and figured he would still be left behing as the bus could convey 12 and he was no 14.

as a typical wake-up naija man, he quickly huffed, puffed and dabaru-d the setting and made sure he was the 1st to enter even before d bus had fully stopped moving. the other commuters were incensed and started rainin abuses on his head but my bad-guy no send them at all.

d only person that got to him was the driver of the bus. he calmly pleaded with the other passengers to ignore and forgive him since the "were" was most likely a Nigerian, goin by his unruly behaviour. the man had never been so ashamed of himself in all his life.

that didnt mean he got down sha , he endured all their yabis and made his appointment on time.

what in the name of xmas coolkaboom,was that suppose to be funny? undecided undecided
Re: Lagos Driving 101 by coolkaboom(m): 1:07am On Dec 23, 2007
what in the name of xmas coolkaboom,was that suppose to be funny? cyprian j

what business of mine is it if your key-board is too far up ur a----e to find a little humor in this? u cheerless goat.
u probably live under d illusion that d forum was created to keep u amused , simply opine and contribute without all this attitude.y r u so mad?did somebody finally tell u that santa claus aint real? (dont tel me this aint funny)

my brother, take heart.
Re: Lagos Driving 101 by seguno2: 1:49pm On Dec 23, 2007
coolkaboom:

the man had never been so ashamed of himself in all his life.

I think you should have stopped your hilarious story at the man's realisation of his shame.
Going further to say:

coolkaboom:

leaves a very bad taste in the mouth on how we justify our irrational behaviour always. That is how our corrrupt leaders will also justify stealing U & I blind because they have to do one-man-show of bigmanism even though in reality they are nothing but local champions, whatever their level, just like the baobab or locust bean trees in the sahel or savannah.
Any wonder why our country is getting worse daily despite all the religious groups that abound
Re: Lagos Driving 101 by coolkaboom(m): 4:32pm On Dec 23, 2007
seguno2

true talk.not like i in anyway whatsoever applaud his behaviour or commend it.but i would hate to think we have become such a people that we can no longer make fun of ourselves , right or wrong, it's one thing not to know what is acceptable social behaviour and it's another to be so pretentiously judgemental.

if this offends anybody, my full apologies, no pun intended.
Re: Lagos Driving 101 by SisiEko1(f): 9:23pm On Dec 23, 2007
LOL XXXXXXXX MY RIBS ARE ACHING LIKE CRAZY cool
Re: Lagos Driving 101 by lailai2(m): 3:35am On Dec 24, 2007
coolkaboom(nice name), i'm surprised u even hav time replyin cyprianjr(keep ur feelings 2 ur sef, this ain't d jokes section) and seguno2(sayin sumthin dats rily obvious)
Re: Lagos Driving 101 by deezzle(m): 12:11pm On Dec 24, 2007
Another rule: Avoid women in traffic, they never seem to understand why there are trafficator lights and side mirrors!!!1
Re: Lagos Driving 101 by horlardigg(m): 4:50pm On Dec 24, 2007
omo, this is a blockbuster of laughter! You too try!

Keep it up!
Re: Lagos Driving 101 by jenivert(f): 1:39am On Dec 25, 2007
OMG too funny!
Re: Lagos Driving 101 by xymigrator(m): 2:38pm On Jan 01, 2008
I really like this and have been laughing all the way.nice post brother that makes u a bonafide lagos driver with years of experience .
Re: Lagos Driving 101 by firestar(f): 11:40pm On Jan 02, 2008
Driving anywhere in Lagos- and I do mean ANYWHERE, is comparable to playing the NFS sequial (with timer & all) on PS I, II, or III consoles, LIVE with ONE LIFE to get by 24/7, 365.4 dayz,
Could remember a friend who uses PS skills on the damn steering! He doesn't give a hoot on who u are , unless u dare him 150 km/hr (u get liver 4 that?!) , then he'll acknowledge ur existence! If u want 2 try 'do me I do u, man no go vex' style with that category, U may be a stauch activist in REINCARNATION! Hhen, u better mind urself!
Re: Lagos Driving 101 by unit(f): 1:14pm On Jan 09, 2008
My first time in Lagos i always wondered why my cousin was aggressive to okada riders and used to sympathise with them until one ran over my foot in a bid to get to his destination.That i can tell you cured me. I don't drive in Lagos but i enjoy the madness of it all,there is nothing like it anywhere not even Newyork.
Re: Lagos Driving 101 by lailai2(m): 12:27am On Jan 10, 2008
unit, they are all heartless
Re: Lagos Driving 101 by spicy007(f): 6:01pm On Apr 21, 2008
no. 6 almost got me peeing in my pants. wow, nice one
very true also
just started driving in Lag too, 2 weeks into it and i was alrdy yabbing other drivers, trust me its infectious, the yab thing i mean.
Re: Lagos Driving 101 by candylips(m): 2:43pm On Jul 01, 2008
smiley
Re: Lagos Driving 101 by bluehorizo(m): 1:28pm On Jul 08, 2009
:d
Re: Lagos Driving 101 by candylips(m): 10:06am On Jul 16, 2009
wow thread resurrecter of the year.
Re: Lagos Driving 101 by Nobody: 1:15am On Jul 12, 2010
This is so so so real and the extremely funny, It sure made me my day thanks OP for sharing.

I grew up in Ibadan and have been working in Lagos for 1 week now, I just noticed that I'm still a learner would need a Learners Board to drive here, my sister almost got hit yesterday on our way back from Church by the International Danfo drivers thanks to her husband who had to swerve the car for her from the passengers seats, now I know why Okada where banned in Abuja but if that is done in lagos then we all would be getting robbed everyday due to high unemployment rate.

Standing in Ojota the other day on a BRT queue I witness 2 different hit and runs, Damn WELCOME TO LAS GIDI the city of MADNESS, LOL

I just love the CITY,
Re: Lagos Driving 101 by drmikeadams(m): 11:34pm On Sep 27, 2016
grin grin grin na joke section be this...after my years of driving experience,lagos drivers will make u doubt ur driving abilities

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Is Mazda Mpv Suv A Durable Car? / 28,600 Toyota C-HR Recalled Due To Faulty Electric Brake / My Car Is Overheating

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.