Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,186,427 members, 7,929,399 topics. Date: Friday, 23 August 2024 at 01:26 PM

How Do We Know A Goal Is Unrealistic? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / How Do We Know A Goal Is Unrealistic? (337 Views)

Actor Chidi Ike: I Believe In Abstinence And My Goal Is To Marry As A Virgin / Reasons Why Love Is Unrealistic ( Must Reaf) / Good Ere On How To Know A Gay: ''IF Your Boyfriend Doesn't Have Side Chick... " (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Do We Know A Goal Is Unrealistic? by 4teenblaq: 2:57pm On Dec 03, 2022
I was reading through a thread when I saw some saying this : " Most of our life is spent chasing false goals and worshipping false ideals. The day you realise that is the day you really start to live"

How do I know if I am chasing a false Goal or Idea?
Re: How Do We Know A Goal Is Unrealistic? by Itohanmiwa: 3:06pm On Dec 03, 2022
4teenblaq:
I was reading through a thread when I saw some saying this : " Most of our life is spent chasing false goals and worshipping false ideals. The day you realise that is the day you really start to live"

When there is no clear cut way to achieve the goal, then it’s unrealistic
Re: How Do We Know A Goal Is Unrealistic? by Zonefree(m): 3:23pm On Dec 03, 2022
Every goal is realistic.

1 Like

Re: How Do We Know A Goal Is Unrealistic? by Kollins11: 3:27pm On Dec 03, 2022
Well, I have always wanted to be an electrical engineer. So to achieve such goal, I went through primary school, I became a science student in secondary school, and I spent 5 years in one of the prestigious university in Nigeria where I studied Electrical engineering. My head dey hot for book then.. No jokes.

But after my nysc I noticed I was chasing a false dream. I got a job at nepa office (7 years ago) A whole graduate like will be carrying ladder up and down under hot sun for just 35k salary. Landlords, street niggas and even market women will be raining insult on me whenever I come to disconnect their lights for not paying their bills.

Then I said to myself, Is this how I will continue living my life? Then I declared a war against poverty and since then my life changed for good. I traveled all the way to South Africa to join HK.

Today I'm a proud bomber making my money. I will use my certificate to work probably in my next life. I conquered poverty 6 years ago and I don't see myself going back there in the next 600 years to come.

3 Likes

Re: How Do We Know A Goal Is Unrealistic? by Nazgul: 3:49pm On Dec 03, 2022
4teenblaq:

When you know you clearly lack the means to achieve the goal within the time frame you set, it becomes unrealistic or false.

Eg. You want to own a property in Lagos by February 2023, and as of December 2022, you don't even have a job let alone savings and you've concluded that the matter is in God's hands, and include it in your goals for next year. It becomes unrealistic cos you lack the means to achieve it within the given time frame.

Or you're running an eatery business, and rather than improve on publicity in order to increase your customer base which would translate to higher income, you're projecting having branches in all the 36 States like the big shots which would include more staffs and more salaries. And you barely have the means to sustain the one branch your have let alone adding 36 more. Such goal becomes unrealistic cos you clearly don't have the means of achieving it within the given time frame you'll set.

2 Likes

Re: How Do We Know A Goal Is Unrealistic? by Pells1: 3:52pm On Dec 03, 2022
Sweetplum and Siofra don't have a goal in life
Re: How Do We Know A Goal Is Unrealistic? by SPAMBOX7: 3:53pm On Dec 03, 2022
Men really need to follow their passion
Re: How Do We Know A Goal Is Unrealistic? by Bluezy13(m): 4:53pm On Dec 03, 2022
Nazgul:

When you know you clearly lack the means to achieve the goal within the time frame you set, it becomes unrealistic or false.

Eg. You want to own a property in Lagos by February 2023, and as of December 2022, you don't even have a job let alone savings and you've concluded that the matter is in God's hands, and include it in your goals for next year. It becomes unrealistic cos you lack the means to achieve it within the given time frame.

Or you're running an eatery business, and rather than improve on publicity in order to increase your customer base which would translate to higher income, you're projecting having branches in all the 36 States like the big shots which would include more staffs and more salaries. And you barely have the means to sustain the one branch your have let alone adding 36 more. Such goal becomes unrealistic cos you clearly don't have the means of achieving it within the given time frame you'll set.

This defines it.

(1) (Reply)

Elderly Woman Excited As She Lands In Nigeria To Meet Young Lover (video) / case closed / Andrew Tate Loses Bid To End Detention In Romania

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.