Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,351 members, 7,950,725 topics. Date: Monday, 16 September 2024 at 08:31 PM

Paternity Case: Sanwo-olu Invokes Immunity Clause To Evade DNA Test - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Paternity Case: Sanwo-olu Invokes Immunity Clause To Evade DNA Test (43445 Views)

Yahaya Bello Cancels Okene Trip, Hides To Evade EFCC Arrest - Sahara Reporters / Sanwo-olu Invokes Immunity Against Man Who Filed Paternity Case Against Him / Presidents, Others To Lose Immunity Clause! Passed 1st Reading (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Paternity Case: Sanwo-olu Invokes Immunity Clause To Evade DNA Test by dre11(m): 9:40am On Dec 08, 2022
“If he is sure that he is not the father of the boy, why should he be afraid of submitting himself to a DNA (test)?”

Governor Babajide Sanwo-Olu’s lawyers have invoked the immunity clause in a paternity suit at the Effurun Division of the Delta State High Court to prevent their client from submitting to a DNA test.

The lawsuit was filed by a 27-year-old man, Emmanuel Moses, alleging that the Lagos governor is his biological father. He alleged that his mother, Grace Moses, told him that Mr Sanwo-Olu sired him. He told the court that his mother and Mr Sanwo-Olu had a relationship between 1994 and 1995.

He submitted a 19-paragraph statement that claimed Mr Sanwo-Olu was a staff of a company operating in Delta from 1994 to 1995, stating that Mr Sanwo-Olu impregnated his mother in 1994, adding that his mother lost contact with Mr Sanwo-Olu when relocated from Warri.

According to Mr Moses, his mother told him a Yoruba man, known as Jide Sanwo-Olu, is his biographical father, following his repeated inquiry about the identity of his father.

Mr Moses said when he realised that the person mentioned by his mother has almost exact semblance to the Lagos governor, he tried unsuccessfully to contact Mr Sanwo-Olu. After several failed attempts, he decided to file a lawsuit. He told the court of the hardships he endured having to be raised alone by his poor mother without financial assistance from Mr Sanwo-Olu.

He wants a DNA test to prove his claim and called on the Lagos governor to waive his immunity to agree to a paternity test.

His lawyer, J.O. Aikpokpo-Martins, prayed the court to compel Mr Sanwo-Olu to “acknowledge and accord the claimant all the rights of a son.” He also urged the court to adjourn the hearing to January 17 to enable the defendant to carry out a DNA test.

Mr Aikpokpo-Martins stated that Templars Law Firm, representing the Lagos governor, had filed a motion to strike out the matter because the governor was not ready to waive his immunity.

“We are expecting that he will do that if, indeed, he is sure that he is not the father of the claimant. But unfortunately, he invoked his immunity to say he is immune against lawsuits, and he is not ready to wave it,” Mr Aikpokpo-Martins explained. “Upon that, they brought the application that the court should not hear the matter. The court should strike out the matter.”

Mr Moses’ lawyer noted that the matter could be resolved amicably if Mr Sanwo-Olu agreed to a paternity test and urged the Lagos governor to take the test.

“Nothing more to it,” said Mr Aikpokpo-Martins. “We ourselves, we are not ready. I pleaded with the other side to give us time to see if this matter can be resolved, resolved in the sense that the governor will just waive his immunity and come for a DNA test.”

He added, “If he is sure that he is not the father of the boy, why should he be afraid of submitting himself to a DNA (test)? We have a situation where the claimant wants to be aware of who he is and has stated clearly in the case that he has no family.”

The court adjourned the matter until January 17, 2023.

SOURCE

Previous Post:
Emmanuel: My Mum Told Me Sanwo-Olu Is My Father, Says 27-year-old Man

17 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Paternity Case: Sanwo-olu Invokes Immunity Clause To Evade DNA Test by fuckJones(f): 9:43am On Dec 08, 2022
If I show you Dick, Shey you go sub for me

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: Paternity Case: Sanwo-olu Invokes Immunity Clause To Evade DNA Test by diadem10: 9:46am On Dec 08, 2022
Lmao. Since 1994 when your mama born you, your mama didn't go and look for Sanwo Olu if he was indeed your father but now, you're claiming he's your father?

Another thing is why wasn't he bearing Sanwo Olu as a surname after he was Born? That should have been his name if Sanwo Olu was indeed his father like his mother claimed.

Reminds me of one man that was also claiming Tinubu as his father recently. The comedy

87 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Paternity Case: Sanwo-olu Invokes Immunity Clause To Evade DNA Test by derecho(m): 9:57am On Dec 08, 2022
When he decides to look for his father is immaterial.

The issue here is, what is the truth?
If sanwo-olu is a man of integrity, he should be man enough to clear his name.

As per Tinubu, that crook is capable of anything. I'd rather believe the devil than vouch for Tinubu.
diadem10:
Lmao. Since 1994 when your mama born you, your mama didn't go and look for Sanwo Olu but now, you're claiming he's your father? Reminds me of one man that was also recently claiming Tinubu as his father. The comedy

259 Likes 27 Shares

Re: Paternity Case: Sanwo-olu Invokes Immunity Clause To Evade DNA Test by Biafranodogwu55: 9:58am On Dec 08, 2022
The FTC man is just....

i dont know what to call him sha
Re: Paternity Case: Sanwo-olu Invokes Immunity Clause To Evade DNA Test by diadem10: 10:00am On Dec 08, 2022
derecho:
When he decides to look for his father is immaterial.

The issue here is, what is the truth?
If sanwo-olu is a man of integrity, he should be man enough to clear his name.

As per Tinubu, that crook is capable of anything. I'd rather believe the devil than vouch for Tinubu.

Is he ready to get sued for defamation that comes with it, if it turned out false? Same you people will be the one saying Sanwo Olu is this and that if he sued him.

CoronaVirusRelo:

Too early to judge

Remember Davido’s baby boy in London?

He denied at first and most supported him, only for DNA to come out and it was a shocker!

Davido's boy looks exactly like him. Davido had no option than to go get DNA test tbh. And no, he didn't deny the child but just kept quiet on the child until he did a DNA test.

Also, there was confirm relationship/friendship between the boy's mother and Davido.

If I as the supposed father had no relationship or intimacy with any woman claiming a certain child was mine, I wouldn't even waste my time on any DNA. Na your delusional self go do the DNA test by yourself and cure your madness cheesy The only time I would do another DNA test was if the lying mother falsified the DNA test.

39 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Paternity Case: Sanwo-olu Invokes Immunity Clause To Evade DNA Test by omonnakoda: 10:00am On Dec 08, 2022
The timing , just before election is a worry.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Paternity Case: Sanwo-olu Invokes Immunity Clause To Evade DNA Test by kingsways: 10:02am On Dec 08, 2022
Where is the guy’s picture?
Re: Paternity Case: Sanwo-olu Invokes Immunity Clause To Evade DNA Test by mrvitalis(m): 10:04am On Dec 08, 2022
Even as an engineer I know this lawyer is talking rubbish

Immunity is from criminal prosecution and this is obviously a civil matter

Even with the money this politicians steal they can't still hire quality people

55 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Paternity Case: Sanwo-olu Invokes Immunity Clause To Evade DNA Test by JoeNL22(m): 10:09am On Dec 08, 2022
Na wa.... angry
I trust OBI doesn't have this kind of wahala around his neck.

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Paternity Case: Sanwo-olu Invokes Immunity Clause To Evade DNA Test by MarketDispatch: 10:22am On Dec 08, 2022
Quiet Chop and Clean mouth that baba did in 1994 don shine teeth

68 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Paternity Case: Sanwo-olu Invokes Immunity Clause To Evade DNA Test by DoctorDree(m): 10:22am On Dec 08, 2022
This is a wrong timing even if he is truly the father of the man….This is looking like an opposition handiwork rather than emotional issue and I hope they don’t complicate things before they even get to know the truth

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Paternity Case: Sanwo-olu Invokes Immunity Clause To Evade DNA Test by oneMalik: 10:23am On Dec 08, 2022
And so ?

Make we dey run ?
Re: Paternity Case: Sanwo-olu Invokes Immunity Clause To Evade DNA Test by WibusJaga: 10:23am On Dec 08, 2022

Well, fornication between consenting adults is not a crime.
&a man is not under Legal obligation to be responsible for the child that results from such fornication.

However, on moral grounds & for the sake of his integrity, Sanwo Olu should subject himself to a DNA test & clear his name. cheesy

6 Likes

Re: Paternity Case: Sanwo-olu Invokes Immunity Clause To Evade DNA Test by Opogades: 10:23am On Dec 08, 2022
Tinubu is a PLACEHOLDER for Gov Shettima, the earlier you people realize this, the better.

Most of the people pushing escoBAT do not know there's an agenda to just install him by fire by force, and when he is tired and sick before 2 years, Shettima will be sworn-in as President and more Kabiru Sokoto will be hiding in his house.

Even Yaradua was way stronger than him before he became president.

Every Attempt To Convert Aso Rock To Retirement Home For The Elderly & Sick , We Cancel & Destroy in Jesus Name.

A sick country does not need a sick president.

41 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Paternity Case: Sanwo-olu Invokes Immunity Clause To Evade DNA Test by Nobody: 10:24am On Dec 08, 2022
D
Re: Paternity Case: Sanwo-olu Invokes Immunity Clause To Evade DNA Test by Bantu10: 10:24am On Dec 08, 2022
diadem10:

Is he ready to get sued for defamation that comes with it, if it turned out wrong? Same you people will be the one saying Sanwo Olu is this and that if he sued him.

you dont jump one to count two. He should do the needful first before suing for defamation

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Paternity Case: Sanwo-olu Invokes Immunity Clause To Evade DNA Test by RichDad1(m): 10:24am On Dec 08, 2022
Way to go. Nice one Mr Governor.

1 Like

Re: Paternity Case: Sanwo-olu Invokes Immunity Clause To Evade DNA Test by Olam09(m): 10:24am On Dec 08, 2022
Lol
Re: Paternity Case: Sanwo-olu Invokes Immunity Clause To Evade DNA Test by sotall(m): 10:25am On Dec 08, 2022
undecided
Re: Paternity Case: Sanwo-olu Invokes Immunity Clause To Evade DNA Test by Nobody: 10:25am On Dec 08, 2022
diadem10:
Lmao. Since 1994 when your mama born you, your mama didn't go and look for Sanwo Olu but now, you're claiming he's your father? Reminds me of one man that was also recently claiming Tinubu as his father. The comedy

Too early to judge

Remember Davido’s baby boy in London?

He denied at first and most supported him, only for DNA to come out and it was a shocker!

10 Likes

Re: Paternity Case: Sanwo-olu Invokes Immunity Clause To Evade DNA Test by MrBONE2(m): 10:26am On Dec 08, 2022
grin

1 Like

Re: Paternity Case: Sanwo-olu Invokes Immunity Clause To Evade DNA Test by marlow1962(m): 10:26am On Dec 08, 2022
Opogades:
Tinubu is a PLACEHOLDER for Gov Shettima, the earlier you people realize this, the better.

Most of the people pushing escoBAT do not know there's an agenda to just install him by fire by force, and when he is tired and sick before 2 years, Shettima will be sworn-in as President and more Kabiru Sokoto will be hiding in his house.

Even Yaradua was way stronger than him before he became president.

Every Attempt To Convert Aso Rock To Retirement Home For The Elderly & Sick , We Cancel & Destroy in Jesus Name.

A sick country does not need a sick president.

Latest 1year dem don kpov my guy.
Tinubu wife knw say em husband no fit (make we reason am medically), but still follow they push the man to em early grave. The Hausa ppl smart pass us when e come politics, dem place shettima for der make e no be like say , dem go just luzgard dat presidential seat, dem just dy use tinubu dy catch cruise, and it’s a shame say em wife, sons and daughters dy see am dem dy use dia dad dy do yeye for 9ja street (ppl dy mimick ur health problems dy use am laugh u) e dy pain me say dem (apc and Nigerians) just dy make “ a fool” out of that man, and em family dy so comfortable about it, all cus say dem wn answer president wife, pikin and wat ever shit dy wn call demselves.

Ppl go attack me for this tin wer I talk, but u see eh “AH DONT GV AH FVK”

6 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Sanwo-olu's Supporters Slapped And Beaten By Ambode's Loyalists / Northern Traditional Rulers, Retired Military Officers Back Atiku, Dare Wike / Halimat Buhari And Husband Muhammed-Sheriff At Her Graduation Dinner

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.