Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,181,949 members, 7,915,749 topics. Date: Friday, 09 August 2024 at 09:54 AM

House Of Reps Orders CBN To Suspend New Cash Withdrawal Limit - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / House Of Reps Orders CBN To Suspend New Cash Withdrawal Limit (30498 Views)

Nigeria’s House Of Reps Orders Dangote, NMDPRA, Others To Stop Media Attacks / Olaide Akinremi: Makinde Mourns Oyo Reps, Orders Flags Flown At Half-Mast / Stop Payment To MDA's Till Further Notice, Tinubu Orders CBN (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: House Of Reps Orders CBN To Suspend New Cash Withdrawal Limit by victooman: 5:44pm On Dec 08, 2022
Mckandre:
I agree with CBN, 20k per day is good for groceries, if u must purchase something above that amount ;traceable means like bank transfer should be used in such purchases incase of anything that arises afterwards. I stand with CBN gidigba,this will only affects criminals and money launderers.
how do u guys even think upside down like this? u think Nigeria starts and end in Abuja or lagos? l served in a village called mutbumbo in jos plateau state,, this village is occupy by thousands of agrarians farmers who cultivate the very food u put in ur mouth, the distance between that village to panshi were bank is located can take up a transport fare of 4k-5k Network to even make call is a big problem there and 95 percent of the occupants in that village are stark illiterate,, business men travel to those villages with cash and purchase food in large quantity,,how on Earth will those people corp with this transfer bullshit?

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: House Of Reps Orders CBN To Suspend New Cash Withdrawal Limit by skuribeebo: 5:44pm On Dec 08, 2022
Bluntguy:
Buhari will soon order the house of reps to keep off. Emefiele is doing everything with his approval and the goal is to stop Tinubu's bullion vans from moving on election day. Peter Obi is our next president.
Urchins argue with your keyboards.
Mumu abi to stop peter obi and atiku from sharing money.
APC will have access to new notes. grin
Re: House Of Reps Orders CBN To Suspend New Cash Withdrawal Limit by turischool(m): 5:44pm On Dec 08, 2022
PotatoSalad:

You're an overgrown idiot.
Please face your religion and leave financial matters for the experts.
Abi when it's enforced, you'd stick to cowries and trade by barter?
Don't be foolish

Take the insult out
It's a globalist move that's why they are attacking bitcoins

Go check it's every country that is trying to control there monetary policy worldwide

2 Likes

Re: House Of Reps Orders CBN To Suspend New Cash Withdrawal Limit by mytime24(f): 5:44pm On Dec 08, 2022
dawnomike:
I agree to the fact that it will affect we Nigerians. But, it should not be reversed till after the election
seconded
Re: House Of Reps Orders CBN To Suspend New Cash Withdrawal Limit by Abdulhakeem7(m): 5:44pm On Dec 08, 2022
bjdon:
They have no power to do that, unless they amend the relvevant legeslation that gives CBN autonomy in monetry affairs
So the CBN has the autonomy to punish the poor and rural people ABI?

2 Likes

Re: House Of Reps Orders CBN To Suspend New Cash Withdrawal Limit by Munzy14(m): 5:47pm On Dec 08, 2022
You mean Tinubu's boy Gbaja want to suspend this tight Action?..

Well, This is Buhari turn.

Allow me choose my successor, you said no..Emilokan!

Oya na you can buy ticket, na wining remain..grin grin
Re: House Of Reps Orders CBN To Suspend New Cash Withdrawal Limit by MrBroke(m): 5:49pm On Dec 08, 2022
This people are funny, nigeria na funny country sha. Wetin do transfer, we should adopt the e-naira platform too. It won't be easy in the start but we will soon forget about it. It is something good and only a blind thinker won't agree

1 Like 1 Share

Re: House Of Reps Orders CBN To Suspend New Cash Withdrawal Limit by casualobserver: 5:49pm On Dec 08, 2022
House of rep cannot order anything, they dont have the power!

2 Likes

Re: House Of Reps Orders CBN To Suspend New Cash Withdrawal Limit by SqueezeBugatti: 5:52pm On Dec 08, 2022
Nigeria is a Banana republic under APC. And they still want to continue in Power.
Re: House Of Reps Orders CBN To Suspend New Cash Withdrawal Limit by Cantonese: 5:52pm On Dec 08, 2022
Na dem. Naira redesign still dey pain them. They have lost a lot of hidden money, with no way to return them to the banks.

That's how in 2016, they stopped redenomination of the naira, in the government of OBJ, with Soludo as the governor of CBN.

1 Like

Re: House Of Reps Orders CBN To Suspend New Cash Withdrawal Limit by BeardGangJnr1(m): 5:53pm On Dec 08, 2022
RenerdLiam:

If you don't know. You learn.

If things are no longer as they used to be. You adapt.

Impossible is just flattery. It's false.
Again, u have misunderstood me, I'm not saying it's impossible....I'm saying it's going make life hard....harder than it already is.... quiet pathetic.. cry
Re: House Of Reps Orders CBN To Suspend New Cash Withdrawal Limit by mygem: 5:53pm On Dec 08, 2022
BeardGangJnr1:
Nigeria is honestly not ripe for such policy,
We have a very poor network.... imagine doing transfer and the money Hangs....
The literacy rate in Niagara is so poor...many pipo (Market women to be precise) can't be able to execute a transfer using Mobil banking app or ussd.
But my unlearned grandmother in the village can search her phone and call me,local herdsmen move with phones..Which year are we going to be ripe…we use the latest of all gadgets ,cars and so on , we never our democracy is teething when it comes to these things…we must undergo this painful surgery and heal gradually

2 Likes

Re: House Of Reps Orders CBN To Suspend New Cash Withdrawal Limit by Nobody: 5:53pm On Dec 08, 2022
Righteousness2:
They know what they are doing[b].
It's all about the drive towards a Globalist Central bank Digital Currency. (CBDC)
Unfortunately over 70% of Nigerians know little or nothing about these things.[/b]

They are testing the ground to see reactions towards a Globalist CBDC.
Over a 100 Nations in the world are test running same right now.
Great reset/New world Order things.

Very soon it will be Enforced.
If you know you know.
many are ignorant to this reality

1 Like 1 Share

Re: House Of Reps Orders CBN To Suspend New Cash Withdrawal Limit by BeardGangJnr1(m): 5:55pm On Dec 08, 2022
mygem:

But my unlearned grandmother in the village can search her phone and call me,local herdsmen move with phones..Which year are we going to be ripe…we use the latest of all gadgets ,cars and so on , we never our democracy is teething when it comes to these things…we must undergo this painful surgery and heal gradually
Transfer commands and making calls aren't the same thing...u knw this...!
Well, I doubt this will even stand.
Re: House Of Reps Orders CBN To Suspend New Cash Withdrawal Limit by Trustyourself: 5:56pm On Dec 08, 2022
Bustincole:
This policy will affect 98% of Nigerians

its dead on arrival policy
Think before you talk, especially in public.
Re: House Of Reps Orders CBN To Suspend New Cash Withdrawal Limit by solochris(m): 5:56pm On Dec 08, 2022
Writer01:
So if I have 50k there na and I won't to use it for my important stuff this is the story they will be saying, you are not sure

And" contact me for your academic assignment WhatsApp me

Do transfer, you must not carry cash

1 Like

Re: House Of Reps Orders CBN To Suspend New Cash Withdrawal Limit by ceragon123: 5:59pm On Dec 08, 2022
My brother, you know wetin dey sup. You get liver carry ashawo 70k from Dabras and you cannot transfer to her abi grin...

The world is changing. You can transfer up to 5m in one day but you can't withdraw more than 20k in a day. Is God not Good? grin When you transfer to olosho, narrate it as bank of bear-bear...lol

Make we adjust so that God go help us.

We must be accountable for our expenditure by force. If you thief money, calm down and eat it, not throwing it around for people to go and die of envy.

Folawealth090:

Very important stuff u mean pricy ashawo ? And lodge
Re: House Of Reps Orders CBN To Suspend New Cash Withdrawal Limit by Betashop: 5:59pm On Dec 08, 2022
Righteousness2:
They know what they are doing.
It's all about the drive towards a Globalist Central bank Digital Currency. (CBDC)
Unfortunately over 70% of Nigerians know little or nothing about these things.

If you know you know.

I actually understand your point, but, the policy by CBN is senseless, honestly. Just last month, the commercial banks were complaining that most of their IT experts have all left the country. In Nigeria, online transactions are so frustrating. Network to even carry out those online transaction aren’t even available even in the heart of Lagos

Some policies should be well calculated. Imagine POS operators and other SMES!

We deserve better

God bless Nigeria

2 Likes

Re: House Of Reps Orders CBN To Suspend New Cash Withdrawal Limit by BigYash: 5:59pm On Dec 08, 2022
Game plan as usual.. Una left yash there
Re: House Of Reps Orders CBN To Suspend New Cash Withdrawal Limit by Newness2019: 6:00pm On Dec 08, 2022
IT IS A BIG LIE. NIGERIANS ARE HAPPY ABOUT IT.

YOU, LAW BREAKERS ARE THE ONES WHO ARE NOT HAPPY.
Re: House Of Reps Orders CBN To Suspend New Cash Withdrawal Limit by Princeton92(m): 6:01pm On Dec 08, 2022
Righteousness2:

If you know you know.

I'm glad that you've expanded your words beyond the usual, impressive....
One bottle of beer for you!
Re: House Of Reps Orders CBN To Suspend New Cash Withdrawal Limit by staga: 6:01pm On Dec 08, 2022
Righteousness2:

If you know you know.

I have been preaching this to my family and friends, but as it was in the days of Noah, I have been deemed an alarmist and a doomsday prophet. Always met with laughter and mocking.

Currently, commercial banks are the ones creating money and are custodians of customer accounts. CBN has to ask their permission to get these details. With a CBDC, everything about creation and control of money will move to the central bank, where they will have the power to ground anybody they want by simply blocking their ability to access the CBDC and to use or spend it.

A precursor to the period when no man, both great and small, will be able to buy or sell except they have the mark of the beast on their foreheads and right hands as proclaimed in Revelation 13. A sure event that will precede the rapture described in Revelation 14 when the angel will reap the saints with the sweep of his sickle.

But many are sleepwalking their way to this great time of tragedy totally unprepared.

1 Like

Re: House Of Reps Orders CBN To Suspend New Cash Withdrawal Limit by ModCaller: 6:02pm On Dec 08, 2022
You can easily blow 20k in the market with our current level of inflation.

The problem is that these CBN guys are out of touch with reality. Once you are out of touch with reality, you'll be making unrealistic plans
Re: House Of Reps Orders CBN To Suspend New Cash Withdrawal Limit by mygem: 6:03pm On Dec 08, 2022
BeardGangJnr1:

Transfer commands and making calls aren't the same thing...u knw this...!
Well, I doubt this will even stand.
You want 24hrs light abi,uninterrupted university education,good access road like in the western world abi,can we say we don’t need this because our democracy is still young?…but when it comes to cashless policy no ooo….we must embrace it and adapt… there is no better time than now.
Re: House Of Reps Orders CBN To Suspend New Cash Withdrawal Limit by Ray02: 6:03pm On Dec 08, 2022
People in this government get coconut heads, nothing go happen.
Re: House Of Reps Orders CBN To Suspend New Cash Withdrawal Limit by Kilometres: 6:04pm On Dec 08, 2022
Bluntguy:
Buhari will soon order the house of reps to keep off. Emefiele is doing everything with his approval and the goal is to stop Tinubu's bullion vans from moving on election day. Peter Obi is our next president.
Urchins argue with your keyboards.

Obi supporters are so stupeed

How you guys come up with different moronic assumptions in your head should be a global study

If anything...the policy is to check opposition while being soft to the APC

CBN itself will open vault for Tinubu on election day while depriving others using this policy.

Tinubu is that powerful and has people in every powerful institution

If in doubt go and ask Osinbajo a sitting VP, Amaechi a super Minister, Ahmed Lawan a sitting Senate President, Abdullah Adamu the National chairman of the ruling party....ask them how a Tinubu whom does not hold any position defeated them.
Re: House Of Reps Orders CBN To Suspend New Cash Withdrawal Limit by caracas: 6:05pm On Dec 08, 2022
I knew those useless Apc members headed by that Tinubu’s stooge, Femi gbaja , will definitely counter this move….Lol
The way the cbn n buhari keeps destroying their masters only hope in this upcoming elections enhhh
Chai what God cannot do does not exit……

1 Like

Re: House Of Reps Orders CBN To Suspend New Cash Withdrawal Limit by ModCaller: 6:05pm On Dec 08, 2022
Trustyourself:
Think before you talk, especially in public.

You are the one that is not thinking. 20k is HORRIBLE. Chicken change the average person can blow in the market in an hour. Go and do transfer for market woman selling meat, flour and egg.

It's even less than minimum wage. That alone should show you that it's too low to be realistic.

This is 2022, not 2000. Are you people even awake at all?

2 Likes

Re: House Of Reps Orders CBN To Suspend New Cash Withdrawal Limit by SmartyPants(m): 6:07pm On Dec 08, 2022
BeardGangJnr1:
Nigeria is honestly not ripe for such policy,
We have a very poor network.... imagine doing transfer and the money Hangs....
The literacy rate in Niagara is so poor...many pipo (Market women to be precise) can't be able to execute a transfer using Mobil banking app or ussd.

So when will Nigeria be ripe for it? Is it in 100 years when the world will have thoroughly left us far behind?

What we should do is find ways to carry the weak along with us, not finding ways to stay stuck where they are.

2 Likes

Re: House Of Reps Orders CBN To Suspend New Cash Withdrawal Limit by GboyegaD(m): 6:08pm On Dec 08, 2022
Righteousness2:

Canada, Australia, India, Brazil, USA, China, etc

What is the withdrawal limit in Canada and USA and what is the global currency they are promoting? I need to read about this as it is very urgent.
Re: House Of Reps Orders CBN To Suspend New Cash Withdrawal Limit by Okortor: 6:08pm On Dec 08, 2022
Ode, what's d difference btw 20k and 50k? Mumu×2
Mrfixiit:
20k withdrawal limit is too small. 50k should have been better
Re: House Of Reps Orders CBN To Suspend New Cash Withdrawal Limit by Mrfixiit: 6:12pm On Dec 08, 2022
Okortor:
Ode, what's d difference btw 20k and 50k? Mumu×2
Nigeria is really filled many lunatics. In your understanding 20k and 50k are the same right ? Stop taking drugs before it messes you up big time

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Power Failure: Fashola Gets 30-day Ultimatum To Revive Power Sector Or Resign / Kano Relaxes Lockdown For Ramadan Shopping, Despite Increase Of COVID-19 / Fear That Atiku May Pick PDP Ticket Forced APC To Throw Race Open

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.