Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,177,812 members, 7,902,588 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 July 2024 at 12:47 PM

If Buhari Had Won The April Polls - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / If Buhari Had Won The April Polls (5370 Views)

April Polls: Inec Adopts Modified Open Secret Ballot / April Polls: Lynch anybody who attempts to rig, Buhari tells Nigerians / Fashola Challenges Fg To Public Debate Ahead Of April Polls (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: If Buhari Had Won The April Polls by Nobody: 4:23pm On Aug 30, 2011
jmaine:

Go tell that to the core Northerners who voted enmasse for Buhari and even took the game as far as murdering innocent Nigerians who am sure were fellow nairalanders . . . . And moreover what did Buhari have to offer, Anti-corruption crusade undecided . . . . when he was busy dining with IBB,Ciroma, Atiku and co before the polls . . . . Not selling at all . . .

[/size]
Are you trying to say we should just fold our arms and watch this nation rammed into the ground under the present dispensation?
Re: If Buhari Had Won The April Polls by jmaine: 4:41pm On Aug 30, 2011
blink182:

Are you trying to say we should just fold our arms and watch this nation rammed into the ground under the present dispensation?

Define the term fold our arms . . .is it by sitting somewhere in front of the computer constantly whining at every action or inaction of the F.G . . .or instead you criticize constructively, providing solutions rather than going into the usual abuse mode and name calling as obtainable here . . . . . . .Internet nagging ends here and nufin more . . . .
Re: If Buhari Had Won The April Polls by Nobody: 5:15pm On Aug 30, 2011
jmaine:

Define the term fold our arms . . .is it by sitting somewhere in front of the computer constantly whining at every action or inaction of the F.G . . .or instead you criticize constructively, providing solutions rather than going into the usual abuse mode and name calling as obtainable here . . . . . . .Internet nagging ends here and nufin more . . . .
Ok now I get your point and I meant it in the sense of us being docile. As for the name calling I agree on that. As a matter of fact it will take the tea girl to draw her oga's(Rueben) attention to the rumblings here, usually those people are too busy for things as these except things have changed but I also believe that constructive criticism will most likely end here too. That is the reason I totally support Bakare, he is using the print and electronic media in a way that will do more either by arousing patriotism in citizens or govt. officials.
Re: If Buhari Had Won The April Polls by luluosas(m): 11:42pm On Aug 30, 2011
Dame Patience Jonathan would have been cooling her heels with the EFCC. Obasanjo would have been appearing in court inside a cage like Mubarak. Tony Anenih would have been cooling at Kirikiri Muximum Prison. Generally, Nigeria would have been better.
Re: If Buhari Had Won The April Polls by sirjec(m): 3:49am On Aug 31, 2011
buhari is boko haram so he will not fight himself if he had won
Re: If Buhari Had Won The April Polls by efisher(m): 4:12am On Aug 31, 2011
OP is not far from the truth. That is the way things go in Nigeria. Religion and ethnicity have created a gulf between Nigerians and the unity of Nigerians.
Re: If Buhari Had Won The April Polls by bkbabe97y(m): 4:28am On Aug 31, 2011
I really hope GEJ succeeds in his agenda to stay in power forever so you lot can suffer and earn a bag of Rice every election season. Losers!!!
Re: If Buhari Had Won The April Polls by Beaf: 4:42am On Aug 31, 2011
It seems that Buhari threads are linked to every new boko haram bombing. We don't see a thread on Buhari when moves are being made in the economy or education, or any other positive thing; but wait until there's a bomb. Methinks Buhari supporters are the bombers.
Re: If Buhari Had Won The April Polls by Nobody: 9:06am On Aug 31, 2011
One thing i am certain of is that Buhari did not win the Presidential election, rigging or not. If he is so sincere about serving Nigeria or wields a Gigantic credential in fighting corruption as had been much touted by his media proponents, then he should withdraw all his distracting machinery (Litigation, Boko Haram et al) and commit to serving Nigeria in an appointive capacity, after all, he jumped at the PTDF carrot of Abacha. May be, he can do wonders at the helm of EFCC.
Re: If Buhari Had Won The April Polls by defraim: 9:50am On Aug 31, 2011
its really funny how we can sit in front of our PC's and speculate about what could have been if buhari had one.
On what basis will you vouch for an ex-military leader? What Nigeria needs is not recycled leaders, what we need is reformers.
I am not saying that GEJ is doing everything right but one thing i know is that you cannot extricate Buhari from the cabal that has held this nation bound for so long
GEJ is probably part of that cabal too.

We will achieve nothing by sitting here and going on about what if's?

Lets wake up and do our own bit. Nigeria today is all about ethnicity & religious bigotry question is how are you involved in this. I see it play out on this forum everyday. Lets start the change from there.

Everybody think the solution lies in one leader meanwhile the current problem is because of followership.
Re: If Buhari Had Won The April Polls by Abagworo(m): 10:15am On Aug 31, 2011
Buhari won the elections hands down period.We however have to move on because the 2011 elections was not the 1st and will never be the last to be rigged in favor of incumbent.

If Buhari were declared winner,his major focus would have been discipline and anti-corruption but the security situation would not have improved.GEJ is not the cause of our security problems.Yar'Adua's presidency was the most vulnerable period in Nigerian history because our country was like a ship sailing without a Captain and compass.That was the era Boko Haram emerged and got sophisticated.Kidnapping,bank robberies and co gained grounds.Jonathan just came in at the peak of these menace and happens to be a gentle civilian.
Re: If Buhari Had Won The April Polls by chimaike: 10:52am On Aug 31, 2011
jmaine:

I see you are resistant to lessons . . . .The same online poll that got smashed when the real Nigerians trooped out to vote . . . . what an illusion you still harbor . . .my guy please wake up from your deep slumber and recognize the shitty value of nairaland polls as regards the real world . . . .

Fact
Re: If Buhari Had Won The April Polls by chimaike: 10:55am On Aug 31, 2011
sirjec:

buhari is boko haram so he will not fight himself if he had won

Funny, lol
Re: If Buhari Had Won The April Polls by reindeer: 11:18am On Aug 31, 2011
Depilot:

OGD would have been arrested
Akala would have been arrested.
Power supply issues would have been addressed openly.
Obasanjo would have relocated to Congo and IBB to Saudi Arabia.
Poor education and medical standard would have been addressed openly.
EFCC would have been restructured to function better.
Pending corruption cases with EFCC would have been re-opened.
All governors would have been more focused on performing
Oladimeji Bankole would have hated his life by now
All fake politicians businessmen would have stepped down one at a time.
Bombing issue would have been tackled from the root.
Aso Rock would have gotten more respect in general.
Discipline in Nigeria would have been more visible.
Corruption would have drastically reduced.
Mustafa would have been given more time to reveal what he knows.
People responsible for the $17b power supply project would have been probed vigorously.
Minimun wage issue would have been addressed.
Annual salaries of the senators would have been re-addressed

Things in general would have been different and more would have been accomplished by now.
Buhari would have proved to all that our problems in Nigeria are fat like a thief's neck, but solution to these problems is very straight forward.

Double gbam!!!
This is the absolute truth, but the people proffiting from the status quo won't be happy at all.
Re: If Buhari Had Won The April Polls by publisher(m): 11:22am On Aug 31, 2011
If Buhari had won,he would be busy setting up committees to review all of Nigeria's problems. By the time his committee submits its report,Buhari's four year term would have been over,and his VP Bakare would be in self exile somewhere in UK.
Nigeria's problem is not ethinc,religious or whatever, its simply GREED and CORRUPTION.
Everyone is asking for sovereign national conference,will this so called conference also solve the persistent clamour for creation of new states from groups who belong to the same ethinic and religious groups? Or will all the Local government and boundary squabbles end? Is there any difference between the needs of Yorubas,Hausa,Igbo etc, such as Security,Health,Roads,Food,Housing,Education etc.
So when this conference starts Bola Tinubu and the illiterate Gani Adams will stand up and represent the interests of Yorubas abi? Ojukwu from his hospital bed or the semi illiterate Uwazirike will also stand up to represent Igbos,shey? Who will represent the interests of third generation tribes who have found themselves in regions other than their states of origin?

I tire!
Re: If Buhari Had Won The April Polls by BigMeat2: 11:23am On Aug 31, 2011
small and significant changes will have happened in the country.
not that i support buhari, but his determination will have achieved somethings.

nigeria need an effective and disciplined leader, not from the crops of the ones we have now.
Re: If Buhari Had Won The April Polls by sirjec(m): 12:05pm On Aug 31, 2011
Buhari is never the man anytime any day. We His efforts and all his supported effort to make the nation ungovernable like they agreed has failed. He should keep quiet. We thought he had worse plans not knowing it is just boko haram.

If he had no skeleton in his pocket, why did he oppose the investigation of post election violence? In his words he said the federal government cannot probe election violence which means he had skeleton in his cupboard.

We in the south are not fools. We are watching carefully to see what this will turn out to. Nobody has the monopoly of violence. We are just watching.

We will know when anyone touches GEJ. If GEJ is week, Yar'Adua(Late) was weaker yet we allowed him to rule.
Re: If Buhari Had Won The April Polls by omoalaro: 12:42pm On Aug 31, 2011
Depilot (m)« #15 on: Yesterday at 12:52:56 PM »

OGD would have been arrested
Akala would have been arrested.
Power supply issues would have been addressed openly.
Obasanjo would have relocated to Congo and IBB to Saudi Arabia.
Poor education and medical standard would have been addressed openly.
EFCC would have been restructured to function better.
Pending corruption cases with EFCC would have been re-opened.
All governors would have been more focused on performing
Oladimeji Bankole would have hated his life by now
All fake politicians businessmen would have stepped down one at a time.
Bombing issue would have been tackled from the root.
Aso Rock would have gotten more respect in general.
Discipline in Nigeria would have been more visible.
Corruption would have drastically reduced.
Mustafa would have been given more time to reveal what he knows.
People responsible for the $17b power supply project would have been probed vigorously.
Minimun wage issue would have been addressed.
Annual salaries of the senators would have been re-addressed

Things in general would have been different and more would have been accomplished by now.
Buhari would have proved to all that our problems in Nigeria are fat like a thief's neck, but solution to these problems is very straight forward.

Very few people think straight on NL, Depilot is one of them.
However, God will not change the condition of any society until they change what is in their mind.
Re: If Buhari Had Won The April Polls by Kobojunkie: 12:48pm On Aug 31, 2011
@PointB, that is a dumb statement for you to make, don't you think? I mean considering the records of the man we have do not show any of what the @OP have would have happened, tells you are responding here out of prejudice and not much else. And here I thought you were one of the few removed from that.

I am sure Buhari's past record in office is public and clear for all to learn that the @OP's list is more likely far from what we should expect. Nevertheless, we do not have Buhari, but we have Jonathan Goodluck in Office today. How is that working out for us? So good that we are only 3 months pondering or deluding ourselves in to believing the situation would have been worse than they already are today if we had voted someone else? undecided undecided undecided undecided
Re: If Buhari Had Won The April Polls by Nobody: 1:33pm On Aug 31, 2011
DrummaBoy:

Gokuu even if all U had mentiond had occured, it will still hav been for the good of d nation

Man, for heaven sake, could you please keep all your rants in a single post and quit spamming the thread with one sentence after the other. Jeez.
Re: If Buhari Had Won The April Polls by Nobody: 1:54pm On Aug 31, 2011
Now I see it clearly,

Nigeria has no hope, Nigeria is doomed.

If the "great' minds of Nairaland cannot read a simple post and discuss the content under the context and not the letter, then I am afraid that Nigeria is surely doomed.

Please, I want to plead with you all to go back to my original post.

This post has nothing to do with Buhari or Jonathan, they are only mentioned becuase they are symbols in this situation.

Ok. Let me try to make it in black and white what I meant in the post.

I am simply saying that Nigeria as a Nation has a problem of ethnic/reglious sentiments that beclouds senses of reasoning.

Eg: Soludo was anti North because he is South and Sanusi is anti South because he is North.
To the North, MEND are terrorists but to the ND, MEND has a course. Now its Boko Haram, while the South is shouting "death" to all terrorists, the North is rather apologising to Boko Haram. The Igbo elders are swearing to "fight" if Massobians are harrassed without course, but to the North, Massobians should be fried.

What I mean is that the bombs will still go off irrespective of who is in charge: the only difference is the location where it will be going off. For those, talking about how Buhari will "wipe" out MEND or Boko Haram, you can only kill a man but not an idea. Boko Haram, Massob, MEND, etc are all ideas.

For example, I am Igbo and since I have been a child until now, I am still wishing to have Biafra. I never joined Massob, not intending to, but each new day, I see reasons why I should not belong to same country with somebody who will not have a second thought in killing me in the Name of God.

It does not matter who is in charge and what his intensions are. It must be interpreted with this ethnic/religiuos bias.

I don't know if this will help our discussion, but so far, I am ashamed at most of the posts becuase they are completely OP.
Re: If Buhari Had Won The April Polls by cre8tivity(f): 2:29pm On Aug 31, 2011
1 of our problems in this country is, we can not be honest to ourselves for once. Even a 2 yr old knows Jonathan isn't it. But yet some Nigerians are still too f00lish to accept this fact. I can remember that we also went thru the same sh1t when Obasanjo choked us with Yaradua. It took over 4 years before Nigerians finally accepted that Yaradua wasn't the solution.
Today in yankee, Obama's administration seems to be struggling and I bet you that most Americans will not hesitate to accept this and carry their votes somewhere else. But my brothers and sisters in Nigeria will rather go to bed with empty stomach and carry on with the f00lishness while politicians and their families get richer.
it is very sad. I hope we wake up quick enough and start voting for the greatness of this country and not because of people's name.

it is that simple.
Re: If Buhari Had Won The April Polls by cre8tivity(f): 2:45pm On Aug 31, 2011
our single issue in nigeria is: stu pid people leading f0olish people. from the top to the bottom, we are all blind.
if you ask me, jonathan has no business in aso rock. we all knew this but too f0olish to be honest to ourselves. american didn't even want jonathan either, because they saw what we nigerians did not see and still can not see. jonathan only got the support of other politicians during the elections simply because nothing is better than having the weakest link as the president. politicians are too scared to have tough competent person as the president. and all nigerians fell for it. my mum is from an ijaw tribe and yet she knew jonathan didn't have what was needed to lead this country.  how i wished many nigerians could understand this fact, but most of us are blind to see the light and understand that it is never about 1 person or 1 tribe or 1 group, it's about nigeria. whether we like it or not this is another wasted 4 yrs ahead of us. jonathan can not and will not produce what we deserve in nigeria.
sorry.
if ijaw people badly wanted the next president from their tribe how come this people did not come up with a smarter, more knowledgeable, tougher and more charismatic candidate?
Re: If Buhari Had Won The April Polls by Gbenge77(m): 2:55pm On Aug 31, 2011
Nigeria would have been a better place!
Re: If Buhari Had Won The April Polls by sirjec(m): 2:58pm On Aug 31, 2011
O ye brood of vipers, how can you who are evil say anything good,

John the Baptist came neither eating nor drinking, people said he was demon possessed
Jesus came eating and drinking they said he is gluttonous

When the Israelites were in Egypt, they cried they were dying
When God heard them and decided to take them back to a promised land, they now recognized they were enjoying in Egypt

Abacha and OBJ came killing opponents and being autocratic, people wanted them out, that they were not following rule of law.
Yar'Adua and GEJ came following rule of law to the latter, they said they are  week that they now prefer Abacha and OBJ all Christians prayed and fasted to God, Muslims did same to Allah, traditionalists libated to their juju for them leave office dead or alive.

What can we do for people to be happy.

In 3 months Jonathan is expected to build castle in the air.

When OBJ was in office, he spent 2 years on international tour, we have forgotten when we were calling him minister of tourism.

well haters should go to tribunal and stop causing insecurity
Re: If Buhari Had Won The April Polls by cre8tivity(f): 3:04pm On Aug 31, 2011
if u are going to build a castle in 4 yr, trust me there will be a sign of it in the first 2 weeks. all the sign jonathan has revealed to us are all signs of failure. don't waste your time expecting anything, he will not produce. you can't ask a man to give what he doesn't have. let us all be honest to one another, for the sake of this country. jonathan has no business in aso rock.
Re: If Buhari Had Won The April Polls by cre8tivity(f): 3:13pm On Aug 31, 2011
i'm not saying babangida is better, but go and do your research and you will discover that america wanted babangida more than anyone else, simply becos they felt that he has the knowledge and charisma to unite people and get the job done. in a land of trouble like nigeria, it is never about the past or about anybody. it is about getting the job done for the sake of the country. well, we have elected a candidate that has no clue. so, no need to fight, let us just deal with it.
ijaw people have accomplished their goal.
Re: If Buhari Had Won The April Polls by sirjec(m): 3:17pm On Aug 31, 2011
cre8tivity:

if u are going to build a castle in 4 yr, trust me there will be a sign in the first 2 weeks. all the sign jonathan has revealed to us are all signs of failure. don't waste your time expecting anything, he will not produce. you can't ask a man to give what he doesn't have. let us all be honest to one another, for the sake of this country. jonathan has no business in aso rock.

He has achieved something already. Fuel stability, improved power, awarding the contract to build new refineries with take off grants, opening of textile mills etc in 3months. Be realistic For 8yrs obj did not improve power, did not stabilize fuel supply. During Obj the textile industries died. Give him a chance. He is trying. Boko Haram is a distraction but he will deliver at last.
Re: If Buhari Had Won The April Polls by sirjec(m): 3:22pm On Aug 31, 2011
cre8tivity:

i'm not saying babangida is better, but go and do your research and you will discover that america wanted babangida more than anyone else, simply becos they felt that he has the knowledge and charisma to unite people and get the job done. in a land of trouble like nigeria, it is never about the past or about anybody. it is about getting the job done for the sake of the country. well, we have elected a candidate that has no clue. so, no need to fight, let us just deal with it.
ijaw people have accomplished their goal.

I totally disagree with u. Ok what did IBB achieve in his tenure? please educate me cos I wanna know.
Re: If Buhari Had Won The April Polls by cre8tivity(f): 3:25pm On Aug 31, 2011
oga, please read my post carefully. i did not say babangida is better, but america saw what we did not see and still can not see. pls read the post again, but pay attention this time around.
Re: If Buhari Had Won The April Polls by cre8tivity(f): 3:31pm On Aug 31, 2011
no wahala my brother. if you think jonathan can produce, it's ok. but if we want to move forward and rub shoulders with other great countries, we can not continue to use the past failure of obasanjo and others to justify the weakness of our current president. i think jonathan himself knows that he has no business in aso rock, this is why he can not believe or understand what is going on.
Re: If Buhari Had Won The April Polls by harakiri(m): 3:46pm On Aug 31, 2011
If Buhari had won, they would be no Boko Haram! ! !

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Aliens Getting Ready To Attack / Learn From The Arab Uprisings, OBJ To ‘sit-tight Leaders’ In Africa / APGA Is Dead – Sen Okonkwo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.