Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,169,737 members, 7,875,851 topics. Date: Saturday, 29 June 2024 at 11:18 PM

Russia-Ukraine War: World News, Weapons & Battlefield Discussions - Live - Foreign Affairs (1475) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Russia-Ukraine War: World News, Weapons & Battlefield Discussions - Live (735086 Views)

World News! Events Happening Around The World / Russia - Ukraine War In Pictures, From The Frontlines (Photos) / Russia - Ukraine War Tension: Live Updates (Pictures) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1472) (1473) (1474) (1475) (1476) (1477) (1478) ... (2019) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Russia-Ukraine War: World News, Weapons & Battlefield Discussions - Live by Fash20: 10:57am On Mar 17
Allthelight:
you guys are very funny it means without freedom all your businesses will crash.

An armed israel is likely to protect you than an unharmed houthi terrorist... Even this internet thing didnot teach you anything.

The currently issue with internet in Africa has been attributed to a possible seismic event in the Atlantic Ocean and not an attack by the Ansarullah movement.

And If slow internet is the price to pay for isreal to stop murdering innocent women and children I'm completely ready.

If the Arab leaders have half the balls the Houthis have they would have taken a more stronger stance against israelis.

7 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Russia-Ukraine War: World News, Weapons & Battlefield Discussions - Live by Fash20: 11:00am On Mar 17
shoodboi2:

Nigerian unwater water cables originate from Europe, mostly London, and pass the coast of western north Africa and west Africa down to Nigeria.

So how does that correlate with Houthis? Our cables don't originate from the middle east or pass through there. So why are the Houthis in the conversation?

I don't understand their logic

2 Likes

Re: Russia-Ukraine War: World News, Weapons & Battlefield Discussions - Live by Tiopii: 11:10am On Mar 17
freakyamanda:

Before you start masturbating, China's economy growth rate still dwarfs that of America or any western state.

when you're done masturbating answer the question 😂😂😂

1 Like

Re: Russia-Ukraine War: World News, Weapons & Battlefield Discussions - Live by Blakjewelry(m): 11:25am On Mar 17
Ghostagain:

Sorry bro, you failed.

Who said A or B were finite ?
Also, you don't know what a bijection is.
Also, again, A and B are random sets, not specified sets. In other words, I am asking you to solve the problem for every couple (A;B) of sets.
Nice try though.
Were did I say the elements in the sets A and B are limited. They can be represented A = {a1, a2 to an} where n is number of elements in A and B = { b1, b2 to bn} where n is also the numbers of elements in set B.

I only cite a simple case scenario, In the example above, C is in bijection with B (both sets have 4 elements) and the intersection of A and C is empty (no common elements).

This approach works even if A and B have the same elements. In that case, C will be an empty set, which is still in bijection with an empty set (both have 0 elements) and maintains an empty intersection with A.

BTW I am typing with a mobile phone so I can only do a little
Re: Russia-Ukraine War: World News, Weapons & Battlefield Discussions - Live by Vl3ly: 11:30am On Mar 17
DystopianMuse:
Houthis should continue attacking umdersea cables. Americans needs to suffer gravely. Lmao. Una eyes go clear. By the time you guys are sent back to the stone age. While america is still standing gidigba.
Yes houthi should continue! but if it continues don't forget that you don't have other options than to go to that stone age you mentioned earlier

Did you say anything about the explosion of Russia nordstrem2 gas pipeline by your master "USA"?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Russia-Ukraine War: World News, Weapons & Battlefield Discussions - Live by ClassicNairan: 11:31am On Mar 17
Ghostagain:

Sorry bro, nice try, but you failed.
You are given two random sets A and B, you have to find a set C such that ( C is equipotent to B and (the intersection of A and C) is void ).
I want to see you present a candidate for C !

Do you understand the problem now ?

What if you Start with an empty set C: C = {}. So For each element in set B, you add a unique element not present in set A to set C.

You need to understand the concept of specialization. Mathematics is your area, software engineering is my area, and some are doctors. I don't think there are any mathematicians here except for you. Check another thread or create one to get answers.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Russia-Ukraine War: World News, Weapons & Battlefield Discussions - Live by Ghostagain: 11:39am On Mar 17
Blakjewelry:

Were did I say the elements in the sets A and B are limited. They can be represented A = {a1, a2 to an} where n is number of elements in A and B = { b1, b2 to bn} where n is also the numbers of elements in set B.

I only cite a simple case scenario, In the example above, C is in bijection with B (both sets have 4 elements) and the intersection of A and C is empty (no common elements).

This approach works even if A and B have the same elements. In that case, C will be an empty set, which is still in bijection with an empty set (both have 0 elements) and maintains an empty intersection with A.

BTW I am typing with a mobile phone so I can only do a little

1. What is your definition of "the number of elements of a set" ?
2. Why do you assume A and B are equipotent ?
3. I'm not asking for an example of A, B and C in which C and B are equipotent and (the intersection of A and C) is void. I'm asking you to give me a candidate for C whenever A and B are given. So you are quite out of topic.

But nice try.

1 Like

Re: Russia-Ukraine War: World News, Weapons & Battlefield Discussions - Live by DystopianMuse(f): 11:46am On Mar 17
Vl3ly:
Yes houthi should continue! but if it continues don't forget that you don't have other options than to go to that stone age you mentioned earlier

Did you say anything about the explosion of Russia nordstrem2 gas pipeline by your master "USA"?

grin
Stop sharing ignorance. It is contagious. How can Houthis cut cables in Red Sea & West Africa is suffering the effect, how?
Why not Middle East,Asia & East Africa yet only 17% of global data traffic pass thru there?
Re: Russia-Ukraine War: World News, Weapons & Battlefield Discussions - Live by lanre316: 11:47am On Mar 17
Fash20:

The currently issue with internet in nd If slow internet is the price to pay for isreal to stop murdering innocent women and children I'm completely ready.

If the Arab leaders have half the balls the Houthis have they would have taken a more stronger stance against israelis.

They did that in the 1960s. Coalition of Arab states, including Egypt and Syria went against Israel that time. They lost the war woefully and also lost territories.

I guess the trauma of that loss is still affecting them till date, Egypt especially. Infact lower parts of Gaza were Egyptian regions lost to Israel in that war.

Houthis are yet to be traumatised by the loss of any major war. So their confidence level is still high.
Re: Russia-Ukraine War: World News, Weapons & Battlefield Discussions - Live by Ghostagain: 11:51am On Mar 17
lanre316:

They did that in the 1960s. Coalition of Arab states, including Egypt and Syria went against Israel that time. They lost the war woefully and also lost territories.

I guess the trauma of that loss is still affecting them till date, Egypt especially. Infact lower parts of Gaza were Egyptian regions lost to Israel in that war.

Houthis are yet to be traumatised by the loss of any major war. So their confidence level is still high.
Completely wrong, Egypt lost parts of the Sinai, and won it all back in an other war. You confuse Egypt with Syria, it is Syria's land (Golan hights) which are still occupied by israel. And I think parts of Lebanon are also occupied by israel.

Also it is revisionism to claim that "they went against israel". Actually israel attacked them "pre-emptively" with an army full with ww2 veterans from the ussr and america and europe.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Russia-Ukraine War: World News, Weapons & Battlefield Discussions - Live by lanre316: 11:54am On Mar 17
Ghostagain:

Completely wrong, Egypt lost parts of the Sinai, and won it all back in an other war. You confuse Egypt with Syria, it is Syria's land (Golan hights) which are still occupied by israel. And I think parts of Lebanon are also occupied by israel.

Gaza regions was formerly administered by Egypt.

https://www.loc.gov/today/placesinthenews/archive/2014arch/20140708_gazastrip.html
Re: Russia-Ukraine War: World News, Weapons & Battlefield Discussions - Live by DystopianMuse(f): 11:57am On Mar 17
The hypocrisy of great powers!!! ©I/therichcapitalist
Re: Russia-Ukraine War: World News, Weapons & Battlefield Discussions - Live by Ghostagain: 11:58am On Mar 17
lanre316:

Gaza regions was formerly administered by Egypt.

https://www.loc.gov/today/placesinthenews/archive/2014arch/20140708_gazastrip.html
So "egypt administered it" is now synonymous to "it was part of egypt" ?
Why do you guys love to keep arguing when you are obviously wrong ?

From your document: "During World War I, it fell to the British forces and became part of the British Mandate of Palestine. Following the 1948 Arab-Israeli War, Egypt administered the newly formed Gaza Strip. It was captured by Israel in the Six-Day War in 1967."

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Russia-Ukraine War: World News, Weapons & Battlefield Discussions - Live by DystopianMuse(f): 11:58am On Mar 17
DystopianMuse:

UNITED STATES

Applies double standards on criticisms of human rights violations when it comes to its allies vs its adversaries (for example, the US is a vocal critic of the persecution of minorities in Xinjiang, China, while being more silent on persecutions of minorities in India, a strategically important country).

Criticizes Russian (and potential Chinese, particularly when it comes to Taiwan) military interventions abroad and has imposed sanctions in response, but has also engaged in unlawful interventions itself (in some cases, against democratically elected governments, particularly during the Cold War, putting its own interests against the right to self-determination) with few consequences.

Maintains a sphere of influence in the Western Hemisphere and strongly opposes Russian and Chinese activities in the region, while also denying Russia its own sphere of influence.

Claims to be the champion of democracy and human rights, while sometimes failing to uphold them domestically and abroad, even when it has the power to do so.

Uses sophisticated tactics of economic coercion to pressure other countries to do its bidding, but strongly opposes the use of sanctions by non-Western powers against Western allies.

Promotes its own narrative on political systems and geopolitical events around the world, while putting significant effort into preventing the proliferation of alternatives.

Attempts to covertly undermine/disadvantage presidents in Latin America or sub-Saharan Africa deemed hostile to US interests, even if they legitimately have popular support.

Accuses its adversaries of being destabilizing forces in the world, despite engaging in destabilizing foreign policy activities itself[/b]
Re: Russia-Ukraine War: World News, Weapons & Battlefield Discussions - Live by DystopianMuse(f): 12:00pm On Mar 17
DystopianMuse:

Russia:

Criticizes past Western military interventions abroad, but has also performed its own that have failed to produce their desired results.

Criticizes Western neocolonialism, while also asserting its own neocolonial practices on former Soviet republics that may not reflect the will of those populations.

Criticizes Western-style democracy as being specific to certain cultures, while also allegedly interfering in foreign elections (whose people do want democracy that is not subjected to foreign interference).

Accuses the West of actively seeking to destabilize Russia and its allies, despite itself doing the same to Western societies. For example, Russia criticizes Western funding for independent media and NGOs in authoritarian states, despite itself promoting its own narrative on geopolitical issues that can destabilize democracies.

Portrays itself as an anti-colonial power in Africa, despite engaging in resource exploitation deals that lack transparency and disregard human rights.

Claims that its political system is popular among the Russian people, while also trying to impose it (albeit indirectly) on other countries where political freedoms and the rule of law are more highly valued, culturally.

More broadly, accuses the US of being a destabilizing force in the world, when many of its own foreign policy actions have also led to instability.
Re: Russia-Ukraine War: World News, Weapons & Battlefield Discussions - Live by DystopianMuse(f): 12:01pm On Mar 17
DystopianMuse:

China:

Applies double standards on non-interference when it comes to its allies vs its adversaries.

Promotes its political system (sometimes referred to as "developmental authoritarianism"wink as an alternative to Western-style democracy, but often props up kleptocratic regimes abroad that face significant opposition from their own people.

Criticizes Western democracy promotion efforts (citing cultural diversity and thus the need to refrain from imposing foreign systems of government) while also promoting its own political system.

Criticizes Western arms sales to Ukraine, but itself sells arms to other conflict-ridden countries, such as Syria and Myanmar, and is relatively uncritical of Russia doing the same.

Makes statements about "win-win cooperation" and "sustainable development", when kleptocracies are antithetical to these principles.

Calls for peaceful resolution of conflicts, but refuses to rule out the use of force to conquer Taiwan.

Uses economic pressure to coerce other countries to do its bidding, while criticizing US efforts to do the same.

Calls for dialogue to resolve conflicts and disputes around the world, but often refuses to compromise itself.

Prioritizes state sovereignty as an absolute principle, even when a country's domestic affairs can destabilize the entire region (for example, a massacre motivated by a kleptocracy desperate to maintain that system against popular will would likely lead to a refugee crisis, especially if the situation escalates into civil war), prioritizing kleptocracies' interests over the fallout that nearby countries have to deal with.
Re: Russia-Ukraine War: World News, Weapons & Battlefield Discussions - Live by Ghostagain: 12:03pm On Mar 17
Can someone ban the troll whom is just taking up so much space and making the thread harder to navigate ?

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Russia-Ukraine War: World News, Weapons & Battlefield Discussions - Live by lanre316: 12:13pm On Mar 17
Ghostagain:

So "egypt administered it" is now synonymous to "it was part of egypt" ?
Why do you guys love to keep arguing when you are obviously wrong ?

Alright, Monsieur

I bow to your superior intelligence, again

3 Likes

Re: Russia-Ukraine War: World News, Weapons & Battlefield Discussions - Live by Vl3ly: 12:21pm On Mar 17
😁 Vladimir Zelensky casts his vote in the Russian presidential elections — Readovka

A resident of Astrakhan named Vladimir Zelensky has cast his vote in the Russian presidential elections. The namesake of you-know-who put his ballot in the box and made a few photos for memories.

Vladimir is a patriot of Russia. He is involved in patriotic education for children and youth, and also serves as a deputy in a Cossack squad.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Russia-Ukraine War: World News, Weapons & Battlefield Discussions - Live by Vl3ly: 12:33pm On Mar 17
DystopianMuse:

grin
Stop sharing ignorance. It is contagious. How can Houthis cut cables in Red Sea & West Africa is suffering the effect, how?
Why not Middle East,Asia & East Africa yet only 17% of global data traffic pass thru there?
lemme school you,Europe, Asia, middle east, and some region in Africa are suffering from the effect of the cable
Even your Almighty isreal they suffer ram

1 Like

Re: Russia-Ukraine War: World News, Weapons & Battlefield Discussions - Live by Allthelight(m): 12:35pm On Mar 17
Ghostagain:

So in your head, soldiers diying in a war is the same as more than 15000 children being killed ?
And also, cutting of optic cable is worse than killing more than 15000 children ?
And also, you can just GUESS who cut the cable and call him a terrorist while the known killer of more than 15000 children is OK by you.

Soldiers who are also fathers, sons and brothers have a heart for once and pray the war ends like every human being would...
Re: Russia-Ukraine War: World News, Weapons & Battlefield Discussions - Live by raymexx: 12:39pm On Mar 17
23 weeks ago, Gazans poured into Israel to murder, rape, loot, and kidnap.

Do not for one moment forget how this war started.

Amir T

Re: Russia-Ukraine War: World News, Weapons & Battlefield Discussions - Live by Dream25: 12:45pm On Mar 17
raymexx:

Amir T
Okay.
Can you now exit our thread pls?

6 Likes

Re: Russia-Ukraine War: World News, Weapons & Battlefield Discussions - Live by lanre316: 12:47pm On Mar 17
raymexx:

Amir T

The Hamas terrorist sympathisers here have selective outrage syndrome.

They are silent on the actions of Hamas and cry foul on the consequences of the actions of Hamas.
Re: Russia-Ukraine War: World News, Weapons & Battlefield Discussions - Live by Allthelight(m): 12:55pm On Mar 17
shoodboi2:

Nigerian unwater water cables originate from Europe, mostly London, and pass the coast of western north Africa and west Africa down to Nigeria.

So how does that correlate with Houthis? Our cables don't originate from the middle east or pass through there. So why are the Houthis in the conversation?
read more on the origin of the optic fibers
Re: Russia-Ukraine War: World News, Weapons & Battlefield Discussions - Live by seunny4lif(m): 12:57pm On Mar 17
According to reports, the British Defence Secretary hesitates to visit Odessa

During his visit to Ukraine in March, British Defence Secretary Grant Shapps refused to go to Odessa because of a 'real, targeted threat of a missile strike'.

Sunday Times, the threat was reported by British intelligence. The trip to Odessa was cancelled at the last minute. Efforts were made to keep the visit secret, but "the Russians became aware" of Shapps' intention to visit Odessa.

4 Likes

Re: Russia-Ukraine War: World News, Weapons & Battlefield Discussions - Live by shoodboi2: 12:58pm On Mar 17
Fash20:

I don't understand their logic

It's their usual blame game. Where is Nigeria, where is Yemen on the map? What concerns Nigeria's underwater cables with Yemen? You can see him struggling hard to blame the Houthis.

But even his fellow white man asslickers know he is not making sense, so they didn't even bother to support him 🤡

3 Likes

Re: Russia-Ukraine War: World News, Weapons & Battlefield Discussions - Live by Vl3ly: 1:01pm On Mar 17
Allthelight:

Soldiers who are also fathers, sons and brothers have a heart for once and pray the war ends like every human being would...
olodo! In art of war :it is a crime to kill baby,wowen, and elderly persons not soldiers
I don't pray for what befall these 15,000 children to befall just to a single of your fruits before you know that it is a crime

3 Likes

Re: Russia-Ukraine War: World News, Weapons & Battlefield Discussions - Live by Vl3ly: 1:10pm On Mar 17
raymexx:

Amir T
mumu shey the war that have started 70yrs ago or which one

1 Like

Re: Russia-Ukraine War: World News, Weapons & Battlefield Discussions - Live by shoodboi2: 1:13pm On Mar 17
Allthelight:
read more on the origin of the optic fibers

I know about optic fibers long before now. What we think of the internet is just a group of servers connected together via fiber optic cables. These servers mostly originate from Europe and the US and travel across the world from there. The one that reaches Nigeria goes from the coast of Europe, passes through the western part of North Africa and West Africa before landing in Nigeria.

It doesn't even pass through Egypt not to talk of Yemen. Do you know where Yemen is at all? It's around East Africa, in that Somalia axis.

See, the cables have nothing to do with the Yemenis. There are pictures of its sea route all over the internet. But I won't take time to search for them and post them here because you are not that important. Do that yourself.

4 Likes

Re: Russia-Ukraine War: World News, Weapons & Battlefield Discussions - Live by Vl3ly: 1:14pm On Mar 17
🇮🇱🇺🇸⚡Former Israeli Prime Minister Ehud Barak's support for the US Senate Majority Leader Chuck Schumer who asked Netanyahu to step down:

Tensions between Israeli politicians are rising to the point of explosion.

Re: Russia-Ukraine War: World News, Weapons & Battlefield Discussions - Live by shoodboi2: 1:17pm On Mar 17
raymexx:

Amir T

Where do you people come from?

(1) (2) (3) ... (1472) (1473) (1474) (1475) (1476) (1477) (1478) ... (2019) (Reply)

Technical Discussions On International Military Equipments Doctrines Tactics Etc / American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! / Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military .

Viewing this topic: Masterviolence(m), WriteerNg, Highlife200 and 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.