Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,169,735 members, 7,875,844 topics. Date: Saturday, 29 June 2024 at 11:07 PM

Russia-Ukraine War: World News, Weapons & Battlefield Discussions - Live - Foreign Affairs (2006) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Russia-Ukraine War: World News, Weapons & Battlefield Discussions - Live (735063 Views)

World News! Events Happening Around The World / Russia - Ukraine War In Pictures, From The Frontlines (Photos) / Russia - Ukraine War Tension: Live Updates (Pictures) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2003) (2004) (2005) (2006) (2007) (2008) (2009) ... (2019) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Russia-Ukraine War: World News, Weapons & Battlefield Discussions - Live by Elvictor: 9:18pm On Jun 26
Tonididdyx:

I didn’t know Nigeria was poor.
Tiny Ukraine, it’s being 2yrs and counting!
Dude you’ not like Putin pass me but I call a spade a spade, if it looks like a spade.
In terms of personal experience with Russia or anything Russian ( the first white girl I ever kissed was Russian, she’s a professional DJ, we met on the Dubai beach and the rest is history)

Most of the richest country around the world except Africa became rich after a war, you can do a research on it, war can make you richer or make you poor, but there is no way Russia will become poor.

If Ukraine isn't tiny it won't be crying for free weapons everyday and I am not going to read those nonsense you wrote up there.

So you don't know Nigeria is poor? Spit on you!, arrant nonsense!

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Russia-Ukraine War: World News, Weapons & Battlefield Discussions - Live by Ska333ko: 9:24pm On Jun 26
🗣 The main statement of Vladimir Putin at a meeting on shipbuilding:

▪️The Russian fleet is being replenished with new ships, qualitatively increasing its combat potential;

▪️Geopolitical tension is growing, the Russian Federation must plan an adequate response to this;

▪️More than 40 ships will be transferred to the Navy in 2024;

▪️Putin noted the growing dynamics in the transfer of ships to the Navy;

▪️The Russian fleet must be protected from attacks even at distant approaches;

▪️It is necessary to retrofit Navy ships with additional firepower;

▪️The state defense order for ships should be planned at least until the middle of the century;

▪️Putin expects a significant reduction in the cost of building warships;

▪️The order for warships must correspond to the optimal loading of the shipyards

▪️Putin noted the importance of resolving the issue of personnel supply in shipbuilding;

▪️It is necessary to speed up the modernization of shipbuilding enterprises in order to avoid disruption of supplies;

▪️Attractive working conditions must be created in shipbuilding, employees must have decent high salaries;

▪️Putin requested a report from the Ministry of Defense on the long-term concept for the development of the Navy.
pls wey that 70% guy🤣🤣🤣

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Russia-Ukraine War: World News, Weapons & Battlefield Discussions - Live by Tonididdyx: 9:26pm On Jun 26
Elvictor:

Most of the richest country around the world except Africa became rich after a war, you can do a research on it, war can make you richer or make you poor, but there is no way Russia will become poor.

If Ukraine isn't tiny it won't be crying for free weapons everyday and I am not going to read those nonsense you wrote up there.

So you don't know Nigeria is poor? Spit on you!, arrant nonsense!
Good gracious you have a functioning brain that agrees a war can make a country poor But why you exempted Russia from a possible scenario is where I have to scratch my head!
You think Putin running to NK, Vietnam is to snap photos? My guy garri don dey finish for sack!
Abe nor be here we dey dey see foreign students and amateur mercenaries picking arms for cash
One other thing I dislike is defenseless arguments. No I don’t know nigeria is poor, pls tell me how?

1 Like

Re: Russia-Ukraine War: World News, Weapons & Battlefield Discussions - Live by WrriterNg: 9:31pm On Jun 26
⚡The Military Coup in the Bolivian Capital of La Paz, is reportedly being led by Bolivian Army General Juan José Zúñiga, who was Summoned and Dismissed yesterday by President Luis Arce after making Disparaging Remarks in a Local Newspaper Article.

Re: Russia-Ukraine War: World News, Weapons & Battlefield Discussions - Live by Ska333ko: 9:33pm On Jun 26
⚡️The Bolivian government has called on the international community to support the legitimate authorities of the country amid reports of a coup attempt
Re: Russia-Ukraine War: World News, Weapons & Battlefield Discussions - Live by Ska333ko: 9:33pm On Jun 26
The President of Honduras convenes an emergency meeting of CELAC in light of the situation in Bolivia.
Re: Russia-Ukraine War: World News, Weapons & Battlefield Discussions - Live by WrriterNg: 9:33pm On Jun 26
⚡ Japan's yen falls to 160.8 per US Dollar, the weakest since 1986.
Re: Russia-Ukraine War: World News, Weapons & Battlefield Discussions - Live by OkpaNsukkaisBae(m): 9:37pm On Jun 26
WrriterNg:
⚡Ukraine won't be invited into NATO this year because America won't support it.

"We can't afford to have a public argument about Ukraine's status with NATO in the run-up to the July summit," said U.K. Foreign Secretary David Cameron, who was pranked called by Vovan & Lexus.

These group of European leaders are nothing to write home about. The way these guys are being controlled by the US is mind boggling. Men like Charles De Gaulle, Churchill, Otto Von Bismarck will be rolling in their grave.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Russia-Ukraine War: World News, Weapons & Battlefield Discussions - Live by Allthelight(m): 9:41pm On Jun 26
WrriterNg:
⚡ Japan's yen falls to 160.8 per US Dollar, the weakest since 1986.
even the yen one of the most stable currency is falling.
Re: Russia-Ukraine War: World News, Weapons & Battlefield Discussions - Live by shoodboi2: 9:44pm On Jun 26
nigeriansamurai:

No cap bro this thread is one of the things that keep me here...
Tribal warfare full everywhere but this spot is cool🔥

This is the only thread I follow on this forum. I read it every time I log into Nairaland. Even when I have 20/30 pages to read, I read everything and do so diligently though I skip posts from Dystopian muse and that Obeidence dude.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Russia-Ukraine War: World News, Weapons & Battlefield Discussions - Live by WrriterNg: 9:51pm On Jun 26
⚡The White House has urged American citizens in Lebanon to prepare for a possible evacuation.

At least 10 countries have already urged their citizens to leave Lebanon due to the deteriorating security situation and in anticipation of an expected ground operation by the IDF against Hezbollah.
Re: Russia-Ukraine War: World News, Weapons & Battlefield Discussions - Live by OkpaNsukkaisBae(m): 9:53pm On Jun 26
WrriterNg:
⚡The Cypriot Ambassador to Lebanon:

Cyprus does not allow its lands to be used to attack any other country, especially Lebanon

Very good
Re: Russia-Ukraine War: World News, Weapons & Battlefield Discussions - Live by Tiopii: 9:54pm On Jun 26
Fight for air dominance soon.

The F16s would be making a debut in Ukraine soon, and it would no doubt improve their ability, they can target further up with it.

The Russians su34s while has seen constant battle in Ukraine, it is yet to distinguish itself in battle. And now the opportunity has presented itself.

But we won't be seeing the best of the F16s cos the pilots have just a year training, compared to the Russians who have had them(su34s) since the 90s

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Russia-Ukraine War: World News, Weapons & Battlefield Discussions - Live by OkpaNsukkaisBae(m): 9:56pm On Jun 26
WrriterNg:
⚡Kenyan president Ruto declines to sign finance bill, sends it back to parliament for amendment, reports the star newspaper — Reuters

Very good move. If it were to be in Nigeria, some people will jeopardize the protest saying that the protesters want to destroy the government because their candidate lost election

1 Like

Re: Russia-Ukraine War: World News, Weapons & Battlefield Discussions - Live by shoodboi2: 9:59pm On Jun 26
Faithti:
here you have it.
Anyday anytime anywhere.

Is that thread about African militaries intellectual? Yes, it sure is.

Does it qualify to be called the most intellectual topic of discussion in Africa at the moment?

No, it doesn't.

That African militaries thread has been around for over 10 years and yet it's just 2800+ pages long. Compare it to this thread just crossed the 2000-post mark -- within one year and six months.

The other thread has had its heydays. I used to follow it back in 2014 till around 2018/19. It is intellectual but even at that, discussions were still limited since there usually wasn't much to discuss.

But it definitely doesn't rank among the most intellectual threads at the moment.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Russia-Ukraine War: World News, Weapons & Battlefield Discussions - Live by Tiopii: 10:01pm On Jun 26
Bossly:

You are using Kyiv news as reference🙄
You are very foolish boy, UTTERLY senseless.🤔🤣🥴
Meanwhile, prepare for the war on US soil.
The lgbtqPEDO degenerates in your family and that of 1stgenamerican, will soon be fighting foreign forces on US soil...

*Russian owned state news* threatens America. 😂😂😂😂

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Russia-Ukraine War: World News, Weapons & Battlefield Discussions - Live by Mille: 10:03pm On Jun 26
OkpaNsukkaisBae:

Very good move. If it were to be in Nigeria, some people will jeopardize the protest saying that the protesters want to destroy the government because their candidate lost election

You didn't see a foolish Nigerian here yesterday claiming it's because their president "declared support for Ukraine". Uncle Tom behavior

Cc; Lawag3
Re: Russia-Ukraine War: World News, Weapons & Battlefield Discussions - Live by shoodboi2: 10:07pm On Jun 26
Lawag3:

I don't know maybe none or maybe I haven't found it yet. Nairaland is the biggest online forum In Africa and thats about it. I guess.

I haven't seen any other thread, other than this one, that qualifies to be tagged the most intellectual thread of the moment.

There are a few other threads that can be tagged intellectual on this forum. But one that qualifies as intellectual and being at the moment? I have not seen any.

Even among the intellectual threads on this forum, this one stands tall.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Russia-Ukraine War: World News, Weapons & Battlefield Discussions - Live by WrriterNg: 10:08pm On Jun 26
⚡The President of Mexico, Andrés Manuel López Obrador, condemned what he described as an attempted coup d'état in Bolivia, where on June 26 a group of soldiers forcibly entered the Government Palace.

"We express the strongest condemnation of the attempted coup d'état in Bolivia. Our total support and support for President Luis Alberto Arce Catacora, the authentic democratic authority of that people and brother country," wrote the Mexican president.

Re: Russia-Ukraine War: World News, Weapons & Battlefield Discussions - Live by Tiopii: 10:11pm On Jun 26
Lawag3:

OK but it clearly show that the negotiations ended on the 14th of March. After this the fightings increased

The encirclement of Kiev continued.

On what date was the agreement going to be signed?

After the 29th more than two weeks after the peace talks ended?

You know there was intense fighting after the peace talks ended why was that the case?

Russia didn't redraw from Kiev because they wanted to they were beaten out of Kiev.

This is just last two years don't change the narrative.

Man stop arguing with them, they hate the truth.

There are enough pictures of burnt Russian tanks and military vehincles in Kyiv for anyone to be arguing that the Russians leaving was their decision.

They lost in Kyiv.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Russia-Ukraine War: World News, Weapons & Battlefield Discussions - Live by OkpaNsukkaisBae(m): 10:21pm On Jun 26
Ska333ko:
WW3 INFO BREAKING 🇰🇵⚔️🇷🇺 – North Korea will deploy an engineering unit of the army to Russian-occupied Donetsk, eastern Ukraine!

Saw something like that from Kiev post but didn't see another media outlets carrying the news... I was thinking it's another pr stunt from Kiev.

1 Like

Re: Russia-Ukraine War: World News, Weapons & Battlefield Discussions - Live by Tiopii: 10:24pm On Jun 26
BentizilL0:

I really have nothing to say watching you change the narrative of what happen just two years ago.. Not that we were even told the story, it happen when we're grown and kicking yet you're saying another thing.. grin

I know you also believe Ukraine evacuate their troop from Mariupol to Russia controlled area?. cheesy What am I even saying, some peeps argue this with us then.. 😂

What a shame!

Maybe you should go back to the instabul agreement and check it conditions and everything..

The post you shared is different from what you're claiming.

"I know you also believe Ukraine evacuate their troop from Mariupol to Russia controlled area?. cheesy What am I even saying, some peeps argue this with us then.. 😂"

You have a comprehension problem.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Russia-Ukraine War: World News, Weapons & Battlefield Discussions - Live by Tiopii: 10:31pm On Jun 26
WrriterNg:

The US still spies and wire taps the phones of all of its so called NATO allies till this day.

A German FM said so a few years ago.

They don't even trust each other.

How is it your problem?

😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂.

1 Like

Re: Russia-Ukraine War: World News, Weapons & Battlefield Discussions - Live by Tiopii: 10:40pm On Jun 26
Appleyard:

I shook my head when I saw that post and realized that all these while, we have been indulging in discussions with an emotionally brainwashed sentimentalist.

Pentagon briefing to Congress not quite long stated that just 10 percent of Russia's military capabilities have been used and damaged or destroyed in the ongoing Ukrainian war, and that the rest are untouched. Here we have a guy who says 70% of Russia's black sea fleet has been destroyed.

I just readded him to the SIO list for good. I have my sanity to protect. cool

Please drop your source for the 10 percent of Russia's military capabilities have been used and damaged or destroyed in the ongoing Ukrainian war.

Thanks

2 Likes

Re: Russia-Ukraine War: World News, Weapons & Battlefield Discussions - Live by OkpaNsukkaisBae(m): 10:41pm On Jun 26
Serbian🇷🇸 fans in Germany no dey gree for anybody grin grin

Re: Russia-Ukraine War: World News, Weapons & Battlefield Discussions - Live by WrriterNg: 10:41pm On Jun 26
⚡Bolivia President Arce overseeing inauguration of new Military High Command in presidential residence amid coup threat.

Re: Russia-Ukraine War: World News, Weapons & Battlefield Discussions - Live by Lawag3: 10:42pm On Jun 26
shoodboi2:

I haven't seen any other thread, other than this one, that qualifies to be tagged the most intellectual thread of the moment.

There are a few other threads that can be tagged intellectual on this forum. But one that qualifies as intellectual and being at the moment? I have not seen any.

Even among the intellectual threads on this forum, this one stands tall.
OK is it the most intellectual thread or topic of discussion in Africa. That's the claim made by a certain funny fellow.

1 Like

Re: Russia-Ukraine War: World News, Weapons & Battlefield Discussions - Live by WrriterNg: 10:42pm On Jun 26
⚡Bolivia President Arce appoints new military leaders, military leadership sworn in at presidential palace.

Newly appointed military leadership orders army to return to barracks.

Re: Russia-Ukraine War: World News, Weapons & Battlefield Discussions - Live by OkpaNsukkaisBae(m): 10:45pm On Jun 26
Italy's Melony obviously have her Italian agenda cool

Re: Russia-Ukraine War: World News, Weapons & Battlefield Discussions - Live by StudyBarn: 10:45pm On Jun 26
Tiopii:
Fight for air dominance soon.

The F16s would be making a debut in Ukraine soon, and it would no doubt improve their ability, they can target further up with it.

The Russians su34s while has seen constant battle in Ukraine, it is yet to distinguish itself in battle. And now the opportunity has presented itself.

But we won't be seeing the best of the F16s cos the pilots have just a year training, compared to the Russians who have had them(su34s) since the 90s

This page has elevated more than it's fair share of morons, you have no clue about how air superiority wars are fought, you see a banner no context you just jump on it and say nonsense. Watch and learn.

Ukraine has limited number of F-16's less than 100 closer to 85 it would not risk them except in the rarest situations, aircrafts are scarce, trained pilots even more so. If Ukraine tries to bomb targets in Russia it places those aircrafts within the range of Russian air defense, the S-300 is quite good at shooting down F-16's which is why Israel shelled for F-35 lightning when Russia agreed to sell S-300 to Iran.

The F-16 would be used to fire at targets most likely with GBU precision missiles with a range of 100km from inside Ukrainian airspace to Russia's border regions, to take them into Russia proper is suicidal and just plain dumb.

Ukraine also plans to keep only 2 inside Ukraine to shoo MIG's carrying FAB guided bombs also shoot down cruise missiles and shahed kamikaze drones the rest would be kept in Poland and Romania outside the range of Russian cruise missiles.

Stop opining about stuff you have no idea about, Russia has about 140 SU-34's left it is not risking them in Ukraine when it has a fleet of fully serviceable SU-27's , MiG-29 and MiG-31 attack aircraft.

Stop quoting 1970's price for the F-16, an F-16 with enhancements cost up to $63m today the average one will cost at least $37m. I realize no specialized military knowledge is necessary to comment here but damn!!!

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Russia-Ukraine War: World News, Weapons & Battlefield Discussions - Live by Lawag3: 10:49pm On Jun 26
Mille:

You didn't see a foolish Nigerian here yesterday claiming it's because their president "declared support for Ukraine". Uncle Tom behavior

Cc; Lawag3

I don't get you? Some Kenyans were singing anti west slogans while waving the Russian flag. This happened after their president declared support for Ukraine.

But there was no place I said they protested because the president supported Ukraine.

What I said was apparently Ruto declared support for Ukraine. I didn't piont this as the reason .

So where did you get your conclusions from?
Re: Russia-Ukraine War: World News, Weapons & Battlefield Discussions - Live by OkpaNsukkaisBae(m): 10:55pm On Jun 26
So apparently, only six EU nations were involved in the decision to appoint EU leaders... Those who made the ultimate decision are political leaders whose party suffered electoral defeat at home...

Democracy in the mud..

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (2003) (2004) (2005) (2006) (2007) (2008) (2009) ... (2019) (Reply)

Technical Discussions On International Military Equipments Doctrines Tactics Etc / American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! / Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military .

Viewing this topic: okeysoninv, leobergy(m), dvkot(m), 0m0luabi, olutund(m) and 5 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.