Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,182,162 members, 7,916,396 topics. Date: Friday, 09 August 2024 at 10:28 PM

Russia-Ukraine War: World News, Weapons & Battlefield Discussions - Live - Foreign Affairs (820) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Russia-Ukraine War: World News, Weapons & Battlefield Discussions - Live (833662 Views)

World News! Events Happening Around The World / Russia - Ukraine War In Pictures, From The Frontlines (Photos) / Russia - Ukraine War Tension: Live Updates (Pictures) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (817) (818) (819) (820) (821) (822) (823) ... (2219) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Russia-Ukraine War: World News, Weapons & Battlefield Discussions - Live by WrriterNig: 3:23pm On Oct 31, 2023
⚡The Yemeni Armed Forces launched ballistic and cruise missiles, as well as a large number of drones at various targets in Israel - Yemeni Armed Forces spokesman Brigadier General Yahya al-Sari

According to him, the Yemeni armed forces will continue to carry out better attacks using missiles and drones until “until Israeli aggression stops.”

Re: Russia-Ukraine War: World News, Weapons & Battlefield Discussions - Live by WrriterNig: 3:24pm On Oct 31, 2023
⚡Hamas:

“We destroyed the Israeli forces after they entered a building in Beit Hanoun and attacked a bulldozer and a vehicle guarding the foot forces

4 Likes

Re: Russia-Ukraine War: World News, Weapons & Battlefield Discussions - Live by WrriterNig: 3:25pm On Oct 31, 2023
⚡Blinken shouted down by multiple pro-ceasefire demonstrators in Senate, one of them chanted 'stop the war'

Re: Russia-Ukraine War: World News, Weapons & Battlefield Discussions - Live by WrriterNig: 3:25pm On Oct 31, 2023
⚡Protesters in support of Gazans interrupt Blinken's speech in Congress and demanded a ceasefire.
Re: Russia-Ukraine War: World News, Weapons & Battlefield Discussions - Live by WrriterNig: 3:28pm On Oct 31, 2023
⚡Multiple pro-ceasefire protesters chant 'Ceasefire Now' in Senate Appropriations Committee hearing

Re: Russia-Ukraine War: World News, Weapons & Battlefield Discussions - Live by WrriterNig: 3:29pm On Oct 31, 2023
⚡Latest Gaza toll:

8,485 killed.
More than 21,000 injured.

West Bank toll:

125 killed.
2,050 injured.
Re: Russia-Ukraine War: World News, Weapons & Battlefield Discussions - Live by WrriterNig: 3:32pm On Oct 31, 2023
⚡Future 🇷🇺 Russian Pacific Fleet's Project 22800 Karakurt-class corvettes "Rzhev" (400) and "Udomlya" (401) reportedly finished installation of the propulsion plants.

After fitting out & mooring tests both ships will be towed to Vladivostok to begin sea trials.

1 Like

Re: Russia-Ukraine War: World News, Weapons & Battlefield Discussions - Live by seunny4lif(m): 3:32pm On Oct 31, 2023
lanre316:

Alright point taken.

I shouldn't have generalized. The fact remains that MOST Nigerians would rather go West than elsewhere.

People travel to where they know someone or heard, reason Nigerians have high population in UK, Canada and USA.
Language first because it’s easy to integrate then going to somewhere like Germany where you have to start all over again.

Do you know the stress of learn another language?

Reason many Central Asia moved to Russia more than other countries, is also due to language, they all can speak Russians.
Even when Azeri pay more than some Russia jobs but the citizens of those countries choose Russia due to language.

British citizens move to USA, Canada or Australia for same job that Swiss and Holland pays more but USA and co don’t require other languages for British citizens to learn.

I never knew that there are around 50K Nigerians living in Libya until the war kicked off.

7 Likes

Re: Russia-Ukraine War: World News, Weapons & Battlefield Discussions - Live by WrriterNig: 3:33pm On Oct 31, 2023
⚡German imports of petroleum products from India have increased more than tenfold this year compared to the same period last year.

But imports of petroleum products from Russia to Germany decreased by about the same amount. The Germans abandoned Russian oil and switched to Indian oil. But there is one nuance - India practically does not have its own oil.

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Russia-Ukraine War: World News, Weapons & Battlefield Discussions - Live by WrriterNig: 3:36pm On Oct 31, 2023
⚡US Secretary of State Blinken and blood-soaked hands in the Senate asking for $14 billion for Israel.

1 Like

Re: Russia-Ukraine War: World News, Weapons & Battlefield Discussions - Live by WrriterNig: 3:38pm On Oct 31, 2023
⚡There have been nearly four times the number of views to TikTok posts using the hashtag #StandwithPalestine globally compared to posts using the hashtag #StandwithIsrael in the past two weeks, according to data from TikTok's creator center - Axios

4 Likes

Re: Russia-Ukraine War: World News, Weapons & Battlefield Discussions - Live by WrriterNig: 3:38pm On Oct 31, 2023
⚡The Saudi Defense Minister has arrived in Washington.

The parties will discuss the situation in the Middle East, the deployment of additional missile defense systems in the kingdom and the escalation in Yemen.

Re: Russia-Ukraine War: World News, Weapons & Battlefield Discussions - Live by WrriterNig: 3:41pm On Oct 31, 2023
⚡FBI:

Actions by Hamas and allies will inspire threat not seen since ISIS launched caliphate years ago.
Re: Russia-Ukraine War: World News, Weapons & Battlefield Discussions - Live by WrriterNig: 3:43pm On Oct 31, 2023
⚡In Tashkent, the capital of Uzbekistan, a pro-Palestinian demonstration was held yesterday in which about a hundred demonstrators participated.

The security forces immediately arrested all of them and some were prosecuted.

Re: Russia-Ukraine War: World News, Weapons & Battlefield Discussions - Live by WrriterNig: 3:43pm On Oct 31, 2023
⚡Chinese officials must feel they are being ‘followed by shadows’, says President Xi Jinping - SCMP

Re: Russia-Ukraine War: World News, Weapons & Battlefield Discussions - Live by WrriterNig: 3:44pm On Oct 31, 2023
⚡Russian forces are assaulting the Avdiivka coke plant after establishing positions on the approach over the last week.

Ukrainian reinforcements were scrambled to the area recently, including remnants of the 47th Mechanized Brigade.
Re: Russia-Ukraine War: World News, Weapons & Battlefield Discussions - Live by WrriterNig: 3:45pm On Oct 31, 2023
⚡U.S. Secretary of State Blinken:

Ceasefire in Gaza would preserve Hamas gains.
Re: Russia-Ukraine War: World News, Weapons & Battlefield Discussions - Live by WrriterNig: 3:47pm On Oct 31, 2023
⚡Norwegian student Marie Andersen has been suspended by the Medical University of Warsaw.

Re: Russia-Ukraine War: World News, Weapons & Battlefield Discussions - Live by WrriterNig: 3:48pm On Oct 31, 2023
⚡Children wounded in Israeli attack on Jabalia refugee camp are being operated without anesthetic due to lack of supplies.

Re: Russia-Ukraine War: World News, Weapons & Battlefield Discussions - Live by lanre316: 3:50pm On Oct 31, 2023
OkpaNsukkaisBae:

Speak for yourself mr Lanre. China & Russia. I'll happily live & work in China/Russia. Great country with beautiful culture.

Alright, point taken.
Re: Russia-Ukraine War: World News, Weapons & Battlefield Discussions - Live by WrriterNig: 3:51pm On Oct 31, 2023
⚡At least 3 Impacts and 4 Interceptions in the City of Ashdod to the North of the Gaza Strip following the most recent Rocket Barrage; 4 Civilians are reported to have been Injured as a result of the Strikes.

Re: Russia-Ukraine War: World News, Weapons & Battlefield Discussions - Live by WrriterNig: 3:52pm On Oct 31, 2023
⚡The Al-Qassam Brigades, the military wing of Hamas, report a clash with enemy forces in the north -west of the Gaza Strip, a soldier was killed and two vehicles were shot at.

1 Like

Re: Russia-Ukraine War: World News, Weapons & Battlefield Discussions - Live by WrriterNig: 3:55pm On Oct 31, 2023
⚡French writer Caroline Fourest:

“One cannot compare deliberately killing children as Hamas does, to unintentionally killing them as Israel does.”

Re: Russia-Ukraine War: World News, Weapons & Battlefield Discussions - Live by WrriterNig: 4:03pm On Oct 31, 2023
⚡Israel says will turn full attention to Hezbollah 'after Hamas'
Re: Russia-Ukraine War: World News, Weapons & Battlefield Discussions - Live by lanre316: 4:16pm On Oct 31, 2023
WrriterNig:
⚡German imports of petroleum products from India have increased more than tenfold this year compared to the same period last year.

But imports of petroleum products from Russia to Germany decreased by about the same amount. The Germans abandoned Russian oil and switched to Indian oil. But there is one nuance - India practically does not have its own oil.

Germany still buy from Russia, through India

1 Like

Re: Russia-Ukraine War: World News, Weapons & Battlefield Discussions - Live by WrriterNig: 4:19pm On Oct 31, 2023
⚡Amnesty International:

A new Amnesty investigation has found that the Israeli army indiscriminately, and therefore unlawfully, used white phosphorous in an attack on Dhayra in south Lebanon on 16 October.

The attack must be investigated as a war crime.

1 Like

Re: Russia-Ukraine War: World News, Weapons & Battlefield Discussions - Live by lanre316: 4:21pm On Oct 31, 2023
WrriterNig:
⚡The Saudi Defense Minister has arrived in Washington.

The parties will discuss the situation in the Middle East, the deployment of additional missile defense systems in the kingdom and the escalation in Yemen.

True true, these Arab guys fine o. See smooth skin....

Make I just stop here before any dunderhead start calling me homo.

1 Like

Re: Russia-Ukraine War: World News, Weapons & Battlefield Discussions - Live by Mille: 4:24pm On Oct 31, 2023
seunny4lif:

Language first because it’s easy to integrate then going to somewhere like Germany where you have to start all over again.

Do you know the stress of learn another language?

When I studied in Germany at somewhere between Frankfurt and Hannover, I had an incident where I felt like I was having cardiac arrest when playing football. I quickly went to the hospital with a friend of mine who spoke very little German. We had to use Google translate before the receptionist could even understand us and I was given a date to come for examinations.

On the day of the examination, I was admitted for about three days. Nobody in the hospital spoke English including the doctor that was to examine me. I'm very sure he didn't understand the symptoms I described. I did some examinations but I couldn't even understand the outcome because there was no one to explain it to me and I wasn't allowed to come into the examination room with my phone. In the end, it felt like I wasted my time at the hospital and I just stopped playing football or doing any rigorous activity until I moved to Hamburg and found an hospital with international clients.

Germany was still far better than France. France was the first place I have ever seen black people who don't speak a word in English. The French are arrogant, rude and very snobbish with their language. Everywhere outside of my University in Lyon, no one will attempt to speak English with you. I remember queuing for over 40 minutes with a Ghanaian classmate at Credit Agricole to open a bank account. When we got to the front, the only thing we heard was "Désolé, je ne parle pas Anglais". That's 40 minutes wasted at the bank.

Personally, I won't even live in countries where English is not an official language except countries with high English proficiency like in the Netherlands and Scandinavia. And if I'm to visit others, I will make sure to stay in the Touristy parts where English can be expected to be spoken.

10 Likes

Re: Russia-Ukraine War: World News, Weapons & Battlefield Discussions - Live by WrriterNig: 4:25pm On Oct 31, 2023
⚡400 killed and wounded as a result of an Israeli air force strike in the Jabaliya camp north of the Gaza Strip.‌‌

Re: Russia-Ukraine War: World News, Weapons & Battlefield Discussions - Live by WrriterNig: 4:27pm On Oct 31, 2023
⚡Senator Mitch McConnell links pro-Palestinian marches to Vladimir Putin, saying both support a ceasefire:

Street protesters across the West have found common cause with the Russian dictator.

They all support Palestine. I am surprised.

1 Like

Re: Russia-Ukraine War: World News, Weapons & Battlefield Discussions - Live by lanre316: 4:29pm On Oct 31, 2023
WrriterNig:
⚡Norwegian student Marie Andersen has been suspended by the Medical University of Warsaw.

That's unfair. She's just one among many voicing her opinion.

1 Like

Re: Russia-Ukraine War: World News, Weapons & Battlefield Discussions - Live by WrriterNig: 4:30pm On Oct 31, 2023
⚡More than 20,000 Afghans living in Pakistan rushed to the borders on Tuesday, ahead of a government deadline for 1.7 million undocumented people to leave or face arrest and deportation

(1) (2) (3) ... (817) (818) (819) (820) (821) (822) (823) ... (2219) (Reply)

Technical Discussions On International Military Equipments Doctrines Tactics Etc / American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! / Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military .

Viewing this topic: Akinsbobo2(m), 23jerryking(m), Zaha(m), LordAdam16, pistol and 5 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.