Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,742 members, 7,882,549 topics. Date: Sunday, 07 July 2024 at 08:30 AM

Hoplite Foundation Holds Hangout For Persons Living With Sickle Cell In Abuja - Health (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Hoplite Foundation Holds Hangout For Persons Living With Sickle Cell In Abuja (38206 Views)

Prince Ned Nwoko Foundation Holds World Malaria Day With Massive Road Walk Aware / Sickle Cell Patient On Oxygen Dies After Power Outage In Lagos / 93yrs Old Nigerian Sickle Cell Lady, Narrates How She Survived Against All Odds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Hoplite Foundation Holds Hangout For Persons Living With Sickle Cell In Abuja by Mamaafrik1(m): 2:03pm On Dec 16, 2022
Cmanforall:

Everything government government government.
The people should also take responsibility.
There's nothing stopping parents or would-be partners from doing genotype tests.
you are right but sometimes without enforcement masses won't sit up and it's will still be government spending on drugs and researches.
Re: Hoplite Foundation Holds Hangout For Persons Living With Sickle Cell In Abuja by Truthdeypain: 2:04pm On Dec 16, 2022
TalkTalkTwins:
Their parents should have been invited too, so they see what they're putting their kids into

You might not leave real estate or shares for your kids, but try as much as possible not to leave them with sickle cell

We're all born to die, but we have to first live

Just say something nice and move on. Buffon! Else start your own enlightenment and awareness program okpo!
Re: Hoplite Foundation Holds Hangout For Persons Living With Sickle Cell In Abuja by arantess: 2:05pm On Dec 16, 2022
KanwuliaExtra:

Please, explain these your statements.

Are you blaming the parents? undecided
Yes, to an extent it's one of the things to test for during courtship..,.AS shouldnt marry AS

But some will overlook due to investment in the relationship and years dating, hoping a miracle will occur
Re: Hoplite Foundation Holds Hangout For Persons Living With Sickle Cell In Abuja by ikeno(m): 2:10pm On Dec 16, 2022
Living with sickle cell anemia is not a joke especially during the crisis phase.the pains are so excruciating that so many thoughts of ending it will be going through one's mind.It deprive one from having a normal lifestyle.

Taking folic acid regularly and some other drugs,going for check-up, getting admitted if the crisis is severe, eating lots of veg,not doing anything that is strenuous because of short of breath.

It's very advisable to know one's genotype and your partner.it's not only the child that will suffer even the parent too.they will spend lots of money, sleepless nights both at home and in hospital.they will be very worried and unhappy.

2 Likes

Re: Hoplite Foundation Holds Hangout For Persons Living With Sickle Cell In Abuja by 4teenblaq: 2:23pm On Dec 16, 2022
Kentuforchrist:
To the mod that ban me

Make I no catch u for street

Ordinary nine days banning, you dey threaten mod grin

Is like you want ban of 10 years

Re: Hoplite Foundation Holds Hangout For Persons Living With Sickle Cell In Abuja by KanwuliaExtra: 2:31pm On Dec 16, 2022
arantess:

Yes, to an extent it's one of the things to test for during courtship..,.AS shouldnt marry AS

But some will overlook due to investment in the relationship and years dating, hoping a miracle will occur

So, people with sickle cell should not have children because they are “unhealthy”? Is it their fault? That means you are discriminatory against people with genetic disabilities.

It is not your call to make. What they need is support. I think the ONLY groups of people that should NEVER HAVE CHILDREN ARE CRIMINALS and POLITHIEVES. . . . . Because of criminal genes . More detrimental to society and the world at large.

It is your country’s fault that your healthcare dumpster of a system is in the toilets. Other countries are doing well in handling such problems. Don’t blame the victims.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Hoplite Foundation Holds Hangout For Persons Living With Sickle Cell In Abuja by torqque7(m): 2:38pm On Dec 16, 2022
NwaMamaIwota:
angry

They should enjoy themselves because it's not certain for them.

sickle cell is a very bad thing and can off any of them at will.
dem no dey grow pass it.
I lost a very close friend in his mid 30s in 2017 and it still hurts till today cry
imagine living a life knowing fully well that you'll die sooner or later.

Please know your genotype before saying I do

I lost someone dear to me too to this disease but a lot of us are so ignorant because even you don't know if you will survive today,life isn't certain for ANYBODY so that idea you are carrying that they live knowing they may die sooner or later is ignorance talking because NO ONE KNOWS when his time will come. Healthy people with A.A genotype he slept and never wokeup.

The lady killed by the train was NOT a patient of Sickle cell either.

My former Neighbour a very beautiful 23year old girl healthy and very sexy looking just died and she was an A.A yet she died painfully after been bedridden for close to 3months so what will you say about that? Life isn't certain for ANYBODY, just live the best of every moment.

4 Likes

Re: Hoplite Foundation Holds Hangout For Persons Living With Sickle Cell In Abuja by ennyj01(m): 2:38pm On Dec 16, 2022
KanwuliaExtra:

So, people with sickle cell should not have children because they are “unhealthy”? Is it their fault? That means your are discriminatory against people with genetic disabilities.

It is not your call to make. What they need is support. I think the ONLY groups of people that at should NEVER HAVE CHILDREN ARE CRIMINALS and POLITHIEVES. . . . . Because of criminal genes . More detrimental to society and the world at large.

It is your country’s fault that your healthcare dumpster of a system is in the toilets. Other countries are doing well in handling such problems. Don’t blame the victims.

Be like say you be AS or SS. If you like marry AS, anything your eyes sees, take it like that.

1 Like

Re: Hoplite Foundation Holds Hangout For Persons Living With Sickle Cell In Abuja by torqque7(m): 2:41pm On Dec 16, 2022
KanwuliaExtra:

So, people with sickle cell should not have children because they are “unhealthy”? Is it their fault? That means your are discriminatory against people with genetic disabilities.

It is not your call to make. What they need is support. I think the ONLY groups of people that at should NEVER HAVE CHILDREN ARE CRIMINALS and POLITHIEVES. . . . . Because of criminal genes . More detrimental to society and the world at large.

Don't mind them,A lot of comments here shows we have A lot of ignorant people on this thread. Technology has made it possible with gene selection therapy so they just need to have money for the treatment. But if they don't have the money then they should NOT dare try having kids together.

1 Like

Re: Hoplite Foundation Holds Hangout For Persons Living With Sickle Cell In Abuja by KanwuliaExtra: 2:44pm On Dec 16, 2022
torqque7:

Don't mind them,A lot of comments here shows we have A lot of ignorant people on this thread. Technology has made it possible with gene selection therapy so they just need to have money for the treatment. But if they don't have the money then they should NOT dare try having kids together.

People that are grossly uninformed and mentally retrogressive.

2 Likes

Re: Hoplite Foundation Holds Hangout For Persons Living With Sickle Cell In Abuja by Yampotatocarrot(m): 2:46pm On Dec 16, 2022
VeryWickedGoat:
I didn't see any First Aid kits or Ambulance. Hmmm...

Loooooooooool, very wicked indeed... Lol
Re: Hoplite Foundation Holds Hangout For Persons Living With Sickle Cell In Abuja by peetah09(m): 2:49pm On Dec 16, 2022
These are strong people. Matching the right rhesus factor and genotype is one of the best gifts you can give to ur unborn children (good health)... do not marry or copulate by faith even when you know the implications, that is wickedness cos their level of faith may not handle it....you wont even have a taste of the experience.
Re: Hoplite Foundation Holds Hangout For Persons Living With Sickle Cell In Abuja by Yampotatocarrot(m): 3:02pm On Dec 16, 2022
KanwuliaExtra:

Please, explain these your statements.
Are you blaming the parents? undecided
Cannot really write more than this till I give you rltjr opportunity to explain or REDEEM yourself from abysmal ignorance!

Please, � enlighten me... Because I also believe the parents are the cause of this... Abi is it possible for an AA male and an AA/AS female to give birth to SS?
Re: Hoplite Foundation Holds Hangout For Persons Living With Sickle Cell In Abuja by Nne26: 3:22pm On Dec 16, 2022
Wowwwww that's good. Please parents love is not just enough. Think of the future of ur kids.

I can learn how to make money by publishing on Amazon. U must not be a writer before u do so. Contact me on. 09014675521 for more info
Re: Hoplite Foundation Holds Hangout For Persons Living With Sickle Cell In Abuja by enemachris(m): 3:25pm On Dec 16, 2022
TalkTalkTwins:
Their parents should have been invited too, so they see what they're putting their kids into

You might not leave real estate or shares for your kids, but try as much as possible not to leave them with sickle cell

We're all born to die, but we have to first live
Shame will not allow them show their gullible face to the world. embarassed
Re: Hoplite Foundation Holds Hangout For Persons Living With Sickle Cell In Abuja by udomma1005(m): 3:29pm On Dec 16, 2022
God1000:
Lol, so my comment is funny to you
Bro, life na how you want am, if u too serious for everything, BP na last bus stop!
Let's smile away the sorrows some demons & friends in Aso Rock wish will kill us cool

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Hoplite Foundation Holds Hangout For Persons Living With Sickle Cell In Abuja by AfonjaConehead: 3:31pm On Dec 16, 2022
Omoh! See background o...these people sabi how rock sha!!!

Btw,menene 2nd picture? grin

Re: Hoplite Foundation Holds Hangout For Persons Living With Sickle Cell In Abuja by Ekpekus(m): 3:41pm On Dec 16, 2022
SLOVFO:
Outside divine intervention, does it mean that this disease has no cure?
Bone marrow transplant is the cure. They do it abroad
Re: Hoplite Foundation Holds Hangout For Persons Living With Sickle Cell In Abuja by Ekpekus(m): 3:43pm On Dec 16, 2022
KingLennon:

Medically, No sir but it can be cured Godically (◔‿◔)
Bone marrow transplant
Re: Hoplite Foundation Holds Hangout For Persons Living With Sickle Cell In Abuja by Chee59(f): 4:01pm On Dec 16, 2022
I missed this.
The founder is so fineeee!
Re: Hoplite Foundation Holds Hangout For Persons Living With Sickle Cell In Abuja by DollarSigns(m): 4:03pm On Dec 16, 2022
GLeesMODEL:
Excitement As Hoplite Foundation Holds Hangout For Persons Living With Sickle Cell In Abuja

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nNCNa2cqEa4

A non-governmental organisation, Hopelite Sickle Cell Foundation has successfully held its 2022 get-together for persons living with sickle cell tagged "The Warriors Hangout".

The event took place at Indigo restaurant Abuja in collaboration with Film Avenue, Bkeo Foundation, Amstel Ultra and Indigo.

The founder of the foundation, Anna Ochigbo said the aim is to bring persons living with the condition to come together, have fun, laugh and network.

According to her, she seeks to create a sickle cell community to give them hope and mobilise support for them.

She expressed regret that people living with sickle cell have not been given adequate care in the society even as they continue to face discrimination in the society.

While expressing gratitude with the number of participants that came out for the hangout, Ms Anna Ochigbo said members of the community held a far-reaching discussion that will further help in bringing succour to them.

About 97 sickle cell warriors were in attendance in addition to sickle cell volunteers and advocates.

They wielded placards with inscriptions such as "Stop stigmatisation and discrimination towards sickle cell warriors", "Sickle cell warriors deserve public health insurance" and more.

There was so much fun time, entertainment, refreshments and exchange of gifts items.

One of the sickle cell warriors, John Ekeneme expressed delight with the opportunity to come and network and have fun with fellow warriors, saying more opportunities like this will go a long way in supporting them.

Anna Ochigbo said subsequent editions of the hangout will have a larger pool of participants from across various sectors in the Nigerian society.

https://www.abujapress.com/2022/12/excitement-as-hoplite-foundation-holds.html

That lady in brown gown, may the good Lord bless you; ebony & full with a lucid smile
cheesy
Re: Hoplite Foundation Holds Hangout For Persons Living With Sickle Cell In Abuja by KanwuliaExtra: 4:04pm On Dec 16, 2022
Yampotatocarrot:

Please, � enlighten me... Because I also believe the parents are the cause of this... Abi is it possible for an AA male and an AA/AS female to give birth to AS?

I already did that . Go back and read.
Re: Hoplite Foundation Holds Hangout For Persons Living With Sickle Cell In Abuja by FlordFlorez(m): 4:07pm On Dec 16, 2022
God1000:
Raising awareness is good.

But I'm disappointed there hasn't been vaccines to treat this illness despite the advances in medicine.

People should know their genotypes before getting married to avoid having children with sickle cell disease.

Don't allow the love you have for your partner push you into making silly decisions
Sickle cell is not illness, it's generic.
It can be prevented also.

If we all play our parts well, no one will have it.
Re: Hoplite Foundation Holds Hangout For Persons Living With Sickle Cell In Abuja by Oluwomonext212(m): 4:18pm On Dec 16, 2022
FireUpNow:
why mention Wizkid? Is he a sickle cell patient or what?
His look is deceiving. We don’t know where he belongs. Lol �
Re: Hoplite Foundation Holds Hangout For Persons Living With Sickle Cell In Abuja by Monaboo(m): 4:22pm On Dec 16, 2022
It is well. I feel their parents should look for way to help them for the solution is available.

At least I know of 5 Nigerian Sickle Cell Patients that have been cured and their Genotype changed to AA.

One was even an AS woman in her 40's. She got healed and her genotype changed to AA

All these are real. No be say dem tell me. No be say dem even do surgery o.

If u can understand that Sickle Cell Disease takes it's root cause from your CELL, you case is half solved.

Nigerians are getting CURED of Sickle Cell Disease but if u no know, u no go know.
Re: Hoplite Foundation Holds Hangout For Persons Living With Sickle Cell In Abuja by paradigmshift(m): 5:12pm On Dec 16, 2022
FireUpNow:

Some very incompetent doctors and lab scientists/technicians should have been invited too because some of these sickle cell patients are as a result of wrong diagnosis. I know of a couple that the woman is AS and her husband who is also AS was lied to that the man is AA.
that's bad.. So what now happened? Have seen As and AS have AA and As kids ..
Re: Hoplite Foundation Holds Hangout For Persons Living With Sickle Cell In Abuja by paradigmshift(m): 5:18pm On Dec 16, 2022
torqque7:

do you mean there is technology to make sure they don't have SS genotype kids?
Re: Hoplite Foundation Holds Hangout For Persons Living With Sickle Cell In Abuja by paradigmshift(m): 5:19pm On Dec 16, 2022
Yampotatocarrot:

Please, � enlighten me... Because I also believe the parents are the cause of this... Abi is it possible for an AA male and an AA/AS female to give birth to AS?
nothing wrong with AS
Re: Hoplite Foundation Holds Hangout For Persons Living With Sickle Cell In Abuja by paradigmshift(m): 5:20pm On Dec 16, 2022
Ekpekus:

Bone marrow transplant is the cure. They do it abroad
how successful is this? Just hearing it for the first time
Re: Hoplite Foundation Holds Hangout For Persons Living With Sickle Cell In Abuja by FireUpNow(m): 5:20pm On Dec 16, 2022
paradigmshift:
that's bad.. So what now happened? Have seen As and AS have AA and As kids ..
The couple I know have SS and AS. The one you know are one of the lucky few
Re: Hoplite Foundation Holds Hangout For Persons Living With Sickle Cell In Abuja by paradigmshift(m): 5:21pm On Dec 16, 2022
Monaboo:
It is well. I feel their parents should look for way to help them for the solution is available.

At least I know of 5 Nigerian Sickle Cell Patients that have been cured and their Genotype changed to AA.

One was even an AS woman in her 40's. She got healed and her genotype changed to AA

All these are real. No be say dem tell me. No be say dem even do surgery o.

If u can understand that Sickle Cell Disease takes it's root cause from your CELL, you case is half solved.

Nigerians are getting CURED of Sickle Cell Disease but if u no know, u no go know.
how did they go about it ? Just curious
Re: Hoplite Foundation Holds Hangout For Persons Living With Sickle Cell In Abuja by paradigmshift(m): 5:22pm On Dec 16, 2022
FireUpNow:

The couple I know have SS and AS. The one you know are one of the lucky few
that's crazy. Is there no way to go about it not to have SS kids ?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Woman With HIV Abandoned In Ibadan And Left To Die (Photos) / Nasir Ajanah Dies Of COVID-19 Disease In Isolation Centre / He Was Asked To Hold Torchlight While Surgeons Continue Operating His Body

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.