Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,172,799 members, 7,886,136 topics. Date: Wednesday, 10 July 2024 at 11:30 PM

Gov. Adeleke Reverses Osun State Polytechnic Tuition Fees. - Education (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Gov. Adeleke Reverses Osun State Polytechnic Tuition Fees. (36818 Views)

"Introduce Tuition Fees In Federal Universities" - Sonny Echono / Osun State Polytechnic Lecturer Attends To Only One Student Who Paid School Fees / Tuition Fees For New (100L) Covenant University Students 2017/2018 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Gov. Adeleke Reverses Osun State Polytechnic Tuition Fees. by marlow1962(m): 7:11am On Dec 17, 2022
SIONKPO1:
APC supporters please I need your opinion

Poor apc supporters ryt now

Re: Gov. Adeleke Reverses Osun State Polytechnic Tuition Fees. by Waffarianman(m): 7:44am On Dec 17, 2022
Oddfinder12:
This is what Nigerians see in Peter Obi.
A leader that listens to complaints and makes reasonable change immediately! No the one that will tell us to Labour in vain or tell us to shurrrruuuup. For demanding a better and a change of government!

What if he didn't do anything just like as buhari came at first with fake promise's. just asking oo
Re: Gov. Adeleke Reverses Osun State Polytechnic Tuition Fees. by Tareq1105: 7:46am On Dec 17, 2022
thesicilian:
Why any governor would be increasing school fees in the face of all these biting economic hardships is what I don't understand. Government policies are supposed to be tailored towards making the lives of the citizens better, not to worsen their situation.
Thank God for the kind heartedness exhibited by Gov Adeleke.

Let me tell you the truth. No government can afford to make tertiary education free or cheap. It's not cheap anywhere in the world. Yes, primary and secondary education should be free, but tertiary education? No way if you really want qualitative education. I'm not saying poor people should not go to higher institution. Not at all. Government cannot fund tertiary education without the support of parents. Some of these students paid as much as #50,000 per term (×3 terms) when they were in private primary and secondary schools. What's #112,000 in present day Nigeria? I'm worried about the quality of knowledge they would get bcoz the facilities would not be there. Tell me if I lie. Do you know what it cost to run higher institution? To me, what Adeleke did in reducing the school fees is not sustainable. Mark it. It's to woo Osun people but I tell you he cannot sustain it. I'm just being honest, no sentiment.

1 Like

Re: Gov. Adeleke Reverses Osun State Polytechnic Tuition Fees. by Chee59(f): 8:04am On Dec 17, 2022
Moh247:
cool

Cheap and free education is good, but is it sustainable and won't lecturers go on strike over salaries

Will students get needed desired learning material like their peers in Ghana and Benin republic

Niger Delta Oyel money can do all things but we should diversify before increasing cost of Governance

Sport development fees 3000 for a whole year, Library 2000 for a year

Hope Computer science students would get a 3gb RAM, 500gb fast processor to learn Python and Java or it's just going to be manual and photocopied nonsense

Will nurses get syringe and real tools or it's all man for himself

Adeleke University 1m, Baze University by Datti 1.5, Atiku's ABTI 2.5m, Obasanjo's University 2m, we know who sponsors ASUU strike but let's keep kidding

Donate your tears here

Re: Gov. Adeleke Reverses Osun State Polytechnic Tuition Fees. by Oziens: 8:06am On Dec 17, 2022
Moh247:
cool

Cheap and free education is good, but is it sustainable and won't lecturers go on strike over salaries

Will students get needed desired learning material like their peers in Ghana and Benin republic

Niger Delta Oyel money can do all things but we should diversify before increasing cost of Governance

[b][/b].
Our Education is not cheap. We're always quick to mention other countries to justify draconian policies of government but forgeting the prevailing conditions
in those countries are not same in Nigeria. Doesn't it bother you that Nigeria is The only country in the world that is not Cashing out from oil in this Ukrainian and Russian war according to our government. Pls we should learn to reason objectives, not always trying to justify every action of the government. Isn't it hypocritical, the swift with which with reference other countries (Majorly Asian) while we try to implement unfriendly policies but blind to swiftly also make reference to development in the Western world and implement it here.

1 Like

Re: Gov. Adeleke Reverses Osun State Polytechnic Tuition Fees. by thesicilian: 8:13am On Dec 17, 2022
Tareq1105:

Let me tell you the truth. No government can afford to make tertiary education free or cheap. It's not cheap anywhere in the world. Yes, primary and secondary education should be free, but tertiary education? No way if you really want qualitative education. I'm not saying poor people should not go to higher institution. Not at all. Government cannot fund tertiary education without the support of parents. Some of these students paid as much as #50,000 per term (×3 terms) when they were in private primary and secondary schools. What's #112,000 in present day Nigeria? I'm worried about the quality of knowledge they would get bcoz the facilities would not be there. Tell me if I lie. Do you know what it cost to run higher institution? To me, what Adeleke did in reducing the school fees is not sustainable. Mark it. It's to woo Osun people but I tell you he cannot sustain it. I'm just being honest, no sentiment.
I think it's very affordable. With some faculties paying 57k and others paying 67k, let's say an average of 60k per term for a minimum of about 5000 students, that's over 300 million naira per session in tuition fees alone. Not to talk of other income being generated from hostels, enrollment fees, private businesses within the campus, and several other charges. And we all know that students pay a lot of other fees apart from tuition fees. That's a fairly reasonable amount for an institution that's not supposed to be self sustaining. How much are they paying their lecturers? How many lecturers do they have? Unfortunately these statistics are not available online for verification.
The reason some things seem unaffordable to the government is because we always tend to instinctively make room for corruption and misappropriation of funds.
Re: Gov. Adeleke Reverses Osun State Polytechnic Tuition Fees. by Exceed15: 8:19am On Dec 17, 2022
New era of hope has come . God forbid APC.
Re: Gov. Adeleke Reverses Osun State Polytechnic Tuition Fees. by Emmy909: 8:26am On Dec 17, 2022
Thumbs up Mr Jackson............... imole de eee
Re: Gov. Adeleke Reverses Osun State Polytechnic Tuition Fees. by Moh247: 8:51am On Dec 17, 2022
Oziens:

Our Education is not cheap. We're always quick to mention other countries to justify draconian policies of government but forgeting the prevailing conditions
in those countries are not same in Nigeria. Doesn't it bother you that Nigeria is The only country in the world that is not Cashing out from oil in this Ukrainian and Russian war according to our government. Pls we should learn to reason objectives, not always trying to justify every action of the government. Isn't it hypocritical, the swift with which with reference other countries (Majorly Asian) while we try to implement unfriendly policies but blind to swiftly also make reference to development in the Western world and implement it here.

I gave my opinion on dangers of cheap substandard education ruining many Nigerians making them unemployable and going back to learn trade and craft

If you think my comment are false or to insult Adeleke then it's your opinion and I won't argue that

1 Like

Re: Gov. Adeleke Reverses Osun State Polytechnic Tuition Fees. by Sonn(m): 9:00am On Dec 17, 2022
thesicilian:
Why any governor would be increasing school fees in the face of all these biting economic hardships is what I don't understand. Government policies are supposed to be tailored towards making the lives of the citizens better, not to worsen their situation.
Thank God for the kind heartedness exhibited by Gov Adeleke.
My brother not here in Nigeria, what we want here is people that would give us PEANUTS' lie to us and oppress us like slaves, believe you me that someone in that state is not happy with this particular development coming from the governor, and that's what these devil's in government have turned Nigerians to.
Re: Gov. Adeleke Reverses Osun State Polytechnic Tuition Fees. by rayopt(m): 9:01am On Dec 17, 2022
Nigerians deserve their leaders sha. Everyone is commending subsidized education without raising any meaningful questions. The previous fees what was it for? Why will you just cut back tuition fee by half without any valid explanations?

Nigerians just want cheap and lazy lifestyles. When they eventually get the money, they get out of the country to pay for costly education. They blame the government on the quality of education. I hate anything subsidized. It's usually poor or it will provide a way for corrupt people to embezzle funds.

The annoying part is that if you question some policies, some idiots will start asking if you are PDP or APC. As inn, no be all of us dey inside the country. A good democracy should have more independent thinkers than all of these crazy partizans and sycophants. But clearly, sycophants plenty pass independents in this country. We have a long way to go.

1 Like

Re: Gov. Adeleke Reverses Osun State Polytechnic Tuition Fees. by Emmanuel909090: 9:44am On Dec 17, 2022
Good man.
Re: Gov. Adeleke Reverses Osun State Polytechnic Tuition Fees. by Faithfulness88: 9:54am On Dec 17, 2022
Excellent.Well done Sir.
Re: Gov. Adeleke Reverses Osun State Polytechnic Tuition Fees. by effort1: 9:56am On Dec 17, 2022
Moh247:
cool

Hope Computer science students would get a 3gb RAM, 500gb fast processor to learn Python and Java or it's just going to be manual and photocopied nonsense

Adeleke University 1m, Baze University by Datti 1.5, Atiku's ABTI 2.5m, Obasanjo's University 2m, we know who sponsors ASUU strike but let's keep kidding

You didn't mention that Tinubu spent 8 years as governor without establishing a credible standard hospital capable to treat him.

I guess Tinubu didn't provide simple syringe in Lagos hospitals.
Re: Gov. Adeleke Reverses Osun State Polytechnic Tuition Fees. by Moh247: 10:00am On Dec 17, 2022
effort1:

You didn't mention that Tinubu spent 8 years as governor without establishing a credible standard hospital capable to treat him.

I guess Tinubu didn't provide simple syringe in Lagos hospitals.

Tinubu had the best primary health care program, had Digi Tinubu, made free healthcare for infant and old that people use today, even when COVID 19 started many rushed to Tinubu's Lagos , or should we forget Tinubu's facility handling of ebola
Re: Gov. Adeleke Reverses Osun State Polytechnic Tuition Fees. by Awoh55: 10:44am On Dec 17, 2022
God bless you sir
Re: Gov. Adeleke Reverses Osun State Polytechnic Tuition Fees. by kennethesan(m): 10:48am On Dec 17, 2022
Lovely
Re: Gov. Adeleke Reverses Osun State Polytechnic Tuition Fees. by Whoknowsme: 11:00am On Dec 17, 2022
Moh247:
cool

I knew someone from APC will wail over this news.
Re: Gov. Adeleke Reverses Osun State Polytechnic Tuition Fees. by johnrx: 11:25am On Dec 17, 2022
God bless the governor
Re: Gov. Adeleke Reverses Osun State Polytechnic Tuition Fees. by Ndu007: 11:44am On Dec 17, 2022
Oddfinder12:
A leader that listens to complaints and makes reasonable change immediately! No the one that will tell us to Labour in vain or tell us to shurrrruuuup. For demanding a better and a change of government!

Is a lie obi will increase it more as he did to Anambra state university in his ternor.
Re: Gov. Adeleke Reverses Osun State Polytechnic Tuition Fees. by deebrownneymar: 12:19pm On Dec 17, 2022
DukeOfOsun:
Gov. Adeleke Reverses Osun State Polytechnic Tuition Fees.

The Governor of Osun State, Senator Ademola Adeleke, has approved the reversal of the school fees of Osun State Polytechnic Iree to the initial amount prior to July 2022 Governorship election.

It will be recalled that the tuition fees for fresh students was increased from #67,850 to #112,850 for students offering science related courses while those offering management related courses were asked to pay #97,300 from the initial #57,300.

The reversal was approved after the students union leadership of the institution called the attention of the Government to the increment and appealed for it to be reversed.

Thank you the Peoples Governor.

Imole Dee!!!!

I pray he does great. Perhaps Nigerians would push him to become president some day. We need leaders that has the fear of God.
Re: Gov. Adeleke Reverses Osun State Polytechnic Tuition Fees. by maestro299: 12:40pm On Dec 17, 2022
ezegold4we:
I knew it from day one that Adeleke Will do better as a govnor,

Same Way Peter Obi will deliver Nigeria and Nigerians from the evil parties called PDP and APC.
Up till May, which party was Mr. Obi in?

1 Like

Re: Gov. Adeleke Reverses Osun State Polytechnic Tuition Fees. by Thomthom(m): 12:59pm On Dec 17, 2022
This is the PDP we enjoyed before..
Re: Gov. Adeleke Reverses Osun State Polytechnic Tuition Fees. by LARRYOBRAIN(m): 2:38pm On Dec 17, 2022
I am a southener, good move; why is education so costly in the west and cheap in the north.
DukeOfOsun:
Gov. Adeleke Reverses Osun State Polytechnic Tuition Fees.

The Governor of Osun State, Senator Ademola Adeleke, has approved the reversal of the school fees of Osun State Polytechnic Iree to the initial amount prior to July 2022 Governorship election.

It will be recalled that the tuition fees for fresh students was increased from #67,850 to #112,850 for students offering science related courses while those offering management related courses were asked to pay #97,300 from the initial #57,300.

The reversal was approved after the students union leadership of the institution called the attention of the Government to the increment and appealed for it to be reversed.

Thank you the Peoples Governor.

Imole Dee!!!!
Re: Gov. Adeleke Reverses Osun State Polytechnic Tuition Fees. by luluman: 2:54pm On Dec 17, 2022
Oddfinder12:
Or arrest us & torture us.
Re: Gov. Adeleke Reverses Osun State Polytechnic Tuition Fees. by barinedan(m): 4:04pm On Dec 17, 2022
He just displayed one of the qualities of a good leader by listening to the cries of the masses and taking steps to ease their pains, kudos to the governor for this, we expect more from you sir
Re: Gov. Adeleke Reverses Osun State Polytechnic Tuition Fees. by Nobody: 7:18pm On Dec 17, 2022
Moh247:
cool

The last time I checked, you have remained the same way you are. You haven't grown up. So the fees the citizens pay in Nigeria determine the kind of education they get right? Where are the government interventions, the taxpayer money, and the likes? Your partisanship has beclouded your sense of reasoning. Shame on you and your generation.
Re: Gov. Adeleke Reverses Osun State Polytechnic Tuition Fees. by Rehoboth17(m): 2:01pm On Dec 18, 2022
So good of him.
Re: Gov. Adeleke Reverses Osun State Polytechnic Tuition Fees. by effort1: 8:50pm On Dec 22, 2022
Moh247:

Tinubu had the best primary health care program, had Digi Tinubu, made free healthcare for infant and old that people use today, even when COVID 19 started many rushed to Tinubu's Lagos , or should we forget Tinubu's facility handling of ebola

Can you state why those "best" primary health care prograns can't treat Tinubu and he has to run to the UK every second?

Is it because the standard of the "best" health care programs is very very poor?

Lagos has money than many states in Nigeria and has no excuse not to develop health care in Lagos

Qqqqqq1qqq

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

List Of Schools That Their Post-UTME Form Is Out / The Top Ten Oldest Universities In Nigeria And Their Brief Histories. / LASU Withdraws ASUU Chairman’s Phd Certificates, 13 Others

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.