Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,093 members, 7,880,412 topics. Date: Thursday, 04 July 2024 at 05:51 PM

International Remittances To Nigeria By State/Household - Statisense - Business (13) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / International Remittances To Nigeria By State/Household - Statisense (23545 Views)

Diversion Of Diaspora Remittances To Black Market Weakens Naira - CBN / Money Transfer Operators Authorised By CBN To Facilitate Remittances (Full List) / Katangowa Market In Lagos Demolished By State Government (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: International Remittances To Nigeria By State/Household - Statisense by UGBE634: 12:09pm On Dec 22, 2022
emee701:
Stop talking like an illiterate. Top states with highest igr are lagos, rivers, ogun, delta, oyo. Top states in vat are lagos, rivers, oyo. Top states in network subscriptions are lagos, ogun, kano, oyo, kaduna. edo is no where to be found in all these which means it isnt economically viable like those above
This is not necessary, I said Benin city as a single entity and not Edo state. These remittances up to 90 percent of it are going to Benin city. And the remittances going to Edo state is close to 100% more than any other state. The indigenes of Bini city are on the average more comfortable than indigenes from other states, it tends to reflect in the way entertainers, comedians bring shows to Benin city more than any other city in Nigeria of late

If Igr is the only factor that really matter in all these, tell me one city that is close to Benin size in Ogun and delta states

1 Like 1 Share

Re: International Remittances To Nigeria By State/Household - Statisense by emee701(m): 12:18pm On Dec 22, 2022
UGBE634:
This is not necessary, I said Benin city as a single entity and not Edo state. These remittances up to 90 percent of it are going to Benin city. And the remittances going to Edo state is close to 100% more than any other state. The indigenes of Bini city are on the average more comfortable than indigenes from other states

If Igr is the only factor that really matter in all these, tell me one city that is close to Benin size in Ogun and delta states
edo remmittance is more than lagos. Should we now say benin is more economical than lagos. Ph, ibadan, kano, kaduna are more economically viable than benin which shows from the igr, vat, network subscriptions etc
Re: International Remittances To Nigeria By State/Household - Statisense by nedekid: 12:39pm On Dec 22, 2022
SugarGirl44:

We don’t beat our chest like you guys, so I can’t be proving anything to a nonentity online.
When the time comes, you’re all going to be frustrated out of our land.
Your fathers and uncles at Jalande, Ajah are still crying over their shanties and okrika shops that were pulled down there.
Una go cry blood.
Who is "we" you refer to?
Funny you.
Better get yourself engaged in more positive activitie, use bleach to cleanse your soul, you will feel better.
Re: International Remittances To Nigeria By State/Household - Statisense by UGBE634: 12:39pm On Dec 22, 2022
emee701:
edo remmittance is more than lagos. Should we now say benin is more economical than lagos. Ph, ibadan, kano, kaduna are more economically viable than benin which shows from the igr, vat, network subscriptions etc
Remember I took lagos out, show me any proof that states that Ph, Ibadan, Kano and Kaduna are more economically viable in Nigeria than Benin. What you have are state to state comparison,me am telling you that 90% of the economic strength is domiciled in Benin city. So that Edo state figures attribute at least 90% of it to Benin city. Jara mall owner talked about the fact that the Benin city branch is the second busiest in the country, what do you have to say about that

I said on the average Benin city indigenes are more comfortable than indigenes from other states aside lagos and maybe Kaduna, not port harcourt, Ibadan or Kano. These latter aforementioned cities, let me analyze them for you,
For port harcourt- they have oil going for them, and they have an elite few of big men and a fair middle-class. But the masses are poor as compared to Benin.

As for Kano, they have the wealthy elite, then some chunk of Igbo men and other southern tribes pulling strings. But the great majority are impoverished.

The same with Ibadan, they have the wealthy few and a strong middle class, but a substantial chunk of the majority are what can be regarded as poor.

But for Benin city, we have the wealthy elite, and the substantial part of the population are strongly okay. A "baba" in one outskirt of Benin city will have millions in his account courtesy of his son or daughter abroad. Even a man with about six of his siblings abroad will legitimately get married and he is doing nothing serious with steady cash flow in his account month in month out courtesy of his siblings abroad.

The only cities I can argue were or are more viable in terms of how these cash trickles down to the ordinary citizen are Or were Kaduna and lagos. Kaduna is desolate now as a result of the insurgency there. I made my first million in Kaduna.

So go figure that Edo state figure is 90% from Benin city, not the Igr that is majorly taxed from companies and will be looted, as a result will not trickle down or reflect in the lives of the ordinary citizen

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: International Remittances To Nigeria By State/Household - Statisense by emee701(m): 12:52pm On Dec 22, 2022
Remmitance isnt the only way people make money. Edo state remmittance is better than lagos. Is edo or benin better than lagos. International remmittance isnt a measure of economic viability. Igr and vat is [quote author=UGBE634 post=119347864] Remember I took lagos out, show me any proof that states that Ph, Ibadan, Kano and Kaduna are more economically viable in Nigeria than Benin. What you have are state to state comparison,me am telling you that 90% of the economic strength is domiciled in Benin city. So that Edo state figures attribute at least 90% of it to Benin city. Jara mall owner talked about the fact that the Benin city branch is the second busiest in the country, what do you have to say about that

I said on the average Benin city indigenes are more comfortable than indigenes from other states aside lagos and maybe Kaduna, not port harcourt, Ibadan or Kano. These latter aforementioned cities, let me analyze them for you,
Re: International Remittances To Nigeria By State/Household - Statisense by ogwumgbe: 2:16pm On Dec 22, 2022
SugarGirl44:

Your mum right?

Your cursed generation
Re: International Remittances To Nigeria By State/Household - Statisense by SugarGirl44(f): 5:30pm On Dec 22, 2022
ogwumgbe:

Your cursed generation

No, your generation is the cursed one, you’re never seen on any positive list, only the negative ones.
Bunch of scavengers sleeping in shops in Lagos.

2 Likes

Re: International Remittances To Nigeria By State/Household - Statisense by ogwumgbe: 12:11am On Dec 23, 2022
SugarGirl44:

No, your generation is the cursed one, you’re never seen on any positive list, only the negative ones.
Bunch of scavengers sleeping in shops in Lagos.

Idiot, not everyone in Nairaland resides in that shithole. Big fool the same people sleeping in shops are now controlling your real estate, come on get out and look for your mate, stinking ape
Re: International Remittances To Nigeria By State/Household - Statisense by UGBE634: 2:36am On Dec 26, 2022
Mrnairalandd:

Thank you my brother for those undiluted facts! I can bet my life on it that if census of Nigerians in Cali should be taken all over again, Yorubas beat Igbos in that state hands down. Let me cite gyms as a case study, if you visit most popular gyms in Santa Clara, Alameda and others, trust me, 8 of 10 Nigerian members are Yorubas while the other two are either Igbo or other Nigerians. It’s the same story in UK, if you visit most gyms in London, Manchester, Birmingham and others, 90% of Nigerian members are Yorubas.

If you go to the local shops in USA and Europe, you ll hear the Asians shop owners saying “Je kin fi Jara si” which means “let me put extra for you”. That’s how much Yorubas population has significantly influenced those Asians.

Just before i go, let me state this fact about the igbos, if one igbo man begins to produce Laptops in commercial quantities in the East, guess what, the igbos ll scream about how they are technologically advanced than other Nigerians even though there are 10 x Yoruba owned companies in the West producing quality laptops in commercial quantities. If you call their attention to this fact, the igbos ll continue to tell the whole world about how they are the only one producing such product in Nigeria arrogantly. A typical case study is it Innoson motors. The Igbos make so much noise about it in the East while the Yoruba owned two to three of such company without making a noise. ProForce is one of Yoruba owned vehicle producing companies.

This attitude reared its ugly head in Nollywood few years back when the actors, investors and others were trying to build Actors/movies producers association umbrella that house all part of Nollywood. The Igbos in Nollywood wanted the history of movies production to start from when they(The Igbos) started arriving and producing movies such as Isakaba… But the likes of Kunle Afolayan told them that the Yorubas have been producing movies for years. The likes of Ogunde, his father- Ade love. This issue generated a lot of brouhaha in the industry, today, in the same country, they have different version of Nollywood. In sane society, the igbos would have respected what Kunle Afolayan said and incorporated that into their plan. And this would have put all of them under one umbrella.

The same misconception about Igbos being good at buying and selling, this is total bullshit. Let’s take a quick look at this fact, all the Oja-Obas(King markets) in Yoruba land and beyond are mostly occupied by the Yoruba women and few men. Out of 10 markets today in Oyo state or Ogun state, you ll only see few Igbos in one or two of those markets but 90% of the occupiers are the Yorubas. The same thing in the North, the Hausas re the 90% occupiers of their several markets. So where is this misconception-“Igbos know how to buy and sell” coming from?

Finally, the number of industrialists in Yorubaland is up there but if you listen to the Igbos, you ll think other Nigerians have nothing. However, if you look at the names of captains of industry in Nigeria, you ll realise that Igbos are years behind the Yorubas and the North.

Look at Cubana-Igbo for example, do you know SujiMoto-Yoruba might be able to buy that guy but you won’t know cos it’s not loud like Cubana. The same business Cubana is doing is the same Pele Quilox is doing but he is quiet…

Stay blessed.

The Igbo tribe is not what you underrate and box into a corner with a write up. Look at this man unconsciously say "daalu" unbeknownst to him that the person he is interacting with might not be Igbo. Whatever your analysis, sincerely leave allowances because the Igbos abroad are a thing,even in these so called prime developed countries

https://youtube.com/shorts/U8XbgcVgHEA?feature=share

1 Like

Re: International Remittances To Nigeria By State/Household - Statisense by PoliteActivist: 6:03am On Dec 27, 2022
Re: International Remittances To Nigeria By State/Household - Statisense by penitential(m): 7:16pm On Dec 30, 2022
Please if you have dollar bills to sell for naira, please I need some dollar bills at decent rate. Please DM me.
Re: International Remittances To Nigeria By State/Household - Statisense by Ileeroremit(m): 9:35am On Mar 10, 2023
but there are platforms where you can easily send to yourself with good rates also like ileero
Konquest:

My younger bruv lives in England and uses his GTBank UK account to simply transfer funds via e-banking into folks and associates bank accounts in Nigeria for instance. No agents used.
Re: International Remittances To Nigeria By State/Household - Statisense by OVB123: 8:12am On Apr 19, 2023
olahero:
International Ashawo remittance plenty grin
Demented fellow.
Re: International Remittances To Nigeria By State/Household - Statisense by OVB123: 8:15am On Apr 19, 2023
Bonaventura:
Without any sense of prejudice, I can categorically tell you that the Edo remittances come from the practitioners of the oldest trade in the world.

It comes from the sisters in Italy, Spain, United States and all over the world 'hustling' with their kpekus
Demented fellow. Before your ascestors were born, we were already traveling abroad.

1 Like

Re: International Remittances To Nigeria By State/Household - Statisense by OVB123: 8:17am On Apr 19, 2023
Buddha3:
Moment I saw the heading, I suspected Edo state was going to top the list.

Their hoes in Italy have been very consistent in sending monies to their Nigerian families in the last decade. So this comes as no surprise. At least Edo is generating forex with coitus.

Worth commending!
Demented fellow.
Re: International Remittances To Nigeria By State/Household - Statisense by OVB123: 8:17am On Apr 19, 2023
Buddha3:
Moment I saw the heading, I suspected Edo state was going to top the list.

Their hoes in Italy have been very consistent in sending monies to their Nigerian families in the last decade. So this comes as no surprise. At least Edo is generating forex with coitus.

Worth commending!
Re: International Remittances To Nigeria By State/Household - Statisense by OVB123: 8:28am On Apr 19, 2023
CheapHomes1:

So you mean all the remittances to Edo came from prostitution in Italy?
Don't mind that demented fellow. He doesn't know that edo has large number of indigenes in UK, USA, Scotland, Germany, canada, Austrialia, Austria, Demark, France etc.
Re: International Remittances To Nigeria By State/Household - Statisense by OVB123: 8:58am On Apr 19, 2023
johnfem321:
They should change it to yahoo remittance.. edo and Ibadan have the highest number of yahoo boys.. it’s no surprise they too the list
Yahoo money is not added to it.
Re: International Remittances To Nigeria By State/Household - Statisense by Igboid: 8:27pm On Aug 02, 2023
I think this stats is misinterpreted by readers here.
The stats is talking about percentage of families in the above listed on states receiving remittance from abroad, and not the volume in terms of amount received by the states from the total amount of remittance from abroad.

For example, if 1000 families from Edo received 1 dollar each, and only 10 families from Imo receive 10k dollars each, this stat will show that greater percentage of Edo household received remittance ahead of Imo.
Because this stat is not about amount received.
It's about% of people receiving.

1 Like

Re: International Remittances To Nigeria By State/Household - Statisense by lawani: 8:56pm On Aug 02, 2023
Igboid:
I think this stats is misinterpreted by readers here.
The stats is talking about percentage of families in the above listed on states receiving remittance from abroad, and not the volume in terms of amount received by the states from the total amount of remittance from abroad.

For example, if 1000 families from Edo received 1 dollar each, and only 10 families from Imo receive 10k dollars each, this stat will show that greater percentage of Edo household received remittance ahead of Imo.
Because this stat is not about amount received.
It's about% of people receiving.

You can't receive dollars directly in Nigeria, how can they know when even if you have dom account it will be useless for collecting dollars?. They are just using location of Dom accounts and it does not reflect anything more than location of those cutting corners with government assistance or connivance
Re: International Remittances To Nigeria By State/Household - Statisense by Evboesi: 2:31am On Aug 03, 2023
lawani:

You can't receive dollars directly in Nigeria, how can they know when even if you have dom account it will be useless for collecting dollars?. They are just using location of Dom accounts and it does not reflect anything more than location of those cutting corners with government assistance or connivance
if you are familiar with a place in Benin they call Erie, it is these Abokis money changer’s place. That’s where they usually send it to and ask their siblings to go coleect it there
Re: International Remittances To Nigeria By State/Household - Statisense by lawani: 6:42am On Aug 03, 2023
Evboesi:
if you are familiar with a place in Benin they call Erie, it is these Abokis money changer’s place. That’s where they usually send it to and ask their siblings to go coleect it there

Even Abokis with Dom accounts can not withdraw cash. I collect money from the US like every other week and the money appears in my zenith without me knowing the beneficiary dom account which may be in Edo state. It can be anywhere in the country. Before the data can be reliable,then we must be able to collect dollars over the counter like during Jonathan's time
Re: International Remittances To Nigeria By State/Household - Statisense by Evboesi: 8:25am On Aug 03, 2023
lawani:

Even Abokis with Dom accounts can not withdraw cash. I collect money from the US like every other week and the money appears in my zenith without me knowing the beneficiary dom account which may be in Edo state. It can be anywhere in the country. Before the data can be reliable,then we must be able to collect dollars over the counter like during Jonathan's time
I don’t think that’s true, if it is for thier business purpose, why can’t they withdraw cash? If at all they can’t withdraw cash as you opined, they will have access to the money, and transfer to whoever is in need of it

Why will the Dom account be in Edo state and not Lagos or Oyo when there are several bureau de change offices in Almost every state in Nigeria

The list of bureau de change office in Nigeria, is over a thousand with majority being in Lagos, Abuja and Kano. With just a few in Benin .

The Binis are not your mate, and as we grow larger in population, and as our population increases in these countries mightily, you will notice it.

Don’t be deluded, accept reality

https://www.cbn.gov.ng/Out/2022/FPRD/LIST%20OF%20CBN%20LICENCED%20BUREAUX%20DE%20CHANGE%20AS%20AT%20DECEMBER%2031,%202021.pdf

1 Like

Re: International Remittances To Nigeria By State/Household - Statisense by lawani: 9:08am On Aug 03, 2023
Evboesi:
I don’t think that’s true, if it is for thier business purpose, why can’t they withdraw cash? If at all they can’t withdraw cash as you opined, they will have access to the money, and transfer to whoever is in need of it

Why will the Dom account be in Edo state and not Lagos or Oyo when there are several bureau de change offices in Almost every state in Nigeria

The list of bureau de change office in Nigeria, is over a thousand with majority being in Lagos, Abuja and Kano. With just a few in Benin .

The Binis are not your mate, and as we grow larger in population, and as our population increases in these countries mightily, you will notice it.

Don’t be deluded, accept reality

https://www.cbn.gov.ng/Out/2022/FPRD/LIST%20OF%20CBN%20LICENCED%20BUREAUX%20DE%20CHANGE%20AS%20AT%20DECEMBER%2031,%202021.pdf

You don't understand. If the Mallams and Benin indigenes right there in Benin can not withdraw dollars in cash, what do you think can be the meaning of those Dom accounts opened in Edo state?. That is the riddle.
Re: International Remittances To Nigeria By State/Household - Statisense by gregory212: 11:13pm On Aug 21, 2023
AreaFada2:
These figures finally confirm what we have already said here before but some tribalists wouldn't see beyond their noses.

Now that Edo tops the list, the usual envious neighbours will be shouting prostitution.

As if narcotics and wire fraud are better than prostitution, which by the way no tribe can claim not to have.

Or as if the girls juggling 7 boyfriends alongside hook-ups to pay rent, school fees, feed, buy iPhone and wigs in Abuja, Lagos, PH, Owerri or anywhere in 9ja are any better.

Even the Lagos figures, SS and SE people at Festac and Alimosho will have a big chunk of it.

Oyo and Lagos are SW's most populated and both combined can't be less than 15m people. Yet Edo alone with about 5.5 to 6 millions roughly equals Lagos and Oyo in remittance.

It confirms what I have said before that Edo expects nothing from Nigeria as a country. Because since 1897, we already knew that any British contraption would be a fraud of a country. So Edos are positioning themselves abroad. As with immigrants typically, whatever hustle MO they used to survive initially, the next generation will be far better positioned.

The actual figures yearly should be about $20 to $25bn.

Money people send directly through friends and family travelling home are often more than official transfers.
Containers, cars, bags, boxes and others sent through courier companies by diasporans amount to a lot of money earned abroad.

EGBE634
Gregyboy
Samuk
AutomaticMotors
Etinosa1
don’t mind them . Edo people has the strongest family bond and we don’t need Nigeria . We have already position ourselves around the first world unlike the igbo Chester’s beaters who are nothing but drug delears majority all in prison. Around the world

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply)

Naira Swap Difficulties: Fairmoney Upgrades Mobile Banking App / Youth Farmers Launch World Press Conference Against Aliko Dangote And Company / Was Abiola An International Drug Baron?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.