Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,829 members, 7,872,784 topics. Date: Wednesday, 26 June 2024 at 09:50 PM

International Remittances To Nigeria By State/Household - Statisense - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / International Remittances To Nigeria By State/Household - Statisense (23497 Views)

Diversion Of Diaspora Remittances To Black Market Weakens Naira - CBN / Money Transfer Operators Authorised By CBN To Facilitate Remittances (Full List) / Katangowa Market In Lagos Demolished By State Government (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: International Remittances To Nigeria By State/Household - Statisense by rman: 7:11am On Dec 17, 2022
Are other states not featured doing zero percent ?

2 Likes

Re: International Remittances To Nigeria By State/Household - Statisense by FrancescoFarino(f): 7:11am On Dec 17, 2022
Edo people sabi travel abroad ooo

8 Likes

Re: International Remittances To Nigeria By State/Household - Statisense by SmartPolician: 7:12am On Dec 17, 2022
Where's Anambra? undecided

5 Likes

Re: International Remittances To Nigeria By State/Household - Statisense by tolue42(m): 7:12am On Dec 17, 2022
Omoluabi to the world...Edo travel pass I swear ....

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: International Remittances To Nigeria By State/Household - Statisense by franchasng: 7:12am On Dec 17, 2022
Buddha3:
Moment I saw the heading, I suspected Edo state was going to top the list.

Their hoes in Italy have been very consistent in sending monies to their Nigerian families in the last decade. So this comes as no surprise. At least Edo is generation forex with coitus.

Worth commending!
You are very wrong.

After Igbos, Edo people are the next Nigerian tribe or people that cherish traveling abroad (mostly Europe), followed by the Yorubas.

So its not about prostitution, Edos have a lot of their men living and working legitimately abroad, I know a handful of them. Mind you, I am not from Edo, I am Igbo but truth must be told as it is always

25 Likes 4 Shares

Re: International Remittances To Nigeria By State/Household - Statisense by Vixlot: 7:14am On Dec 17, 2022
This thread...let me keep quiet

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: International Remittances To Nigeria By State/Household - Statisense by Roboto11: 7:15am On Dec 17, 2022
Corrosiveman:
grin
Developers

Dem don catch all of them.

Omo, e don tight for yonder.

East is not smiling.

grin

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: International Remittances To Nigeria By State/Household - Statisense by weljewel: 7:16am On Dec 17, 2022
Thanks be to God Most High for delivering me from evil associations.

1 Like

Re: International Remittances To Nigeria By State/Household - Statisense by treatise: 7:17am On Dec 17, 2022
olahero:
International Ashawo remittance plenty grin
And local Ashawos don't generate revenues?

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: International Remittances To Nigeria By State/Household - Statisense by weljewel: 7:17am On Dec 17, 2022
Thanks be to the Most High God that witchcraft has no part in me.

1 Like

Re: International Remittances To Nigeria By State/Household - Statisense by adefitim(m): 7:18am On Dec 17, 2022
Great stat

19 Likes 2 Shares

Re: International Remittances To Nigeria By State/Household - Statisense by nedekid: 7:19am On Dec 17, 2022
RockHard:
Omo. Every SW state featured in the top 10 sha (na dem occupy 60% of the list). Was expecting the SE states to dominate the list though, considering the hype about being the 'most travelled' and all that. Edo na worthy mention. Respect to Nigerians overseas wey no forgot home.
Edo is glaringly obvious. Could be more. But you know a lot of those folks reside in SW states. Same also applies to SE, SS people that mostly stay in the south western states. One may say right or wrong, It influenced the high remittance to SW. But of course Yorubas are well traveled and also have high incomes in specialized, highly skilled fields abroad which enables them remit huge amounts.
In surmarry, I think the south has done well, compared to others that did not appear. Does it mean their people dont stay abroad?

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: International Remittances To Nigeria By State/Household - Statisense by SpecialAdviser(m): 7:20am On Dec 17, 2022
RockHard:
Omo. Every SW state featured in the top 10 sha (na dem occupy 60% of the list). Was expecting the SE states to dominate the list though, considering the perception about being the 'most travelled' and all that. Edo na worthy mention. Respect to Nigerians overseas wey no forget the homeland.
Not interested in your tribal line but yes Igbos are still the most travelled. The problem of the Igbos is that they are always more outside their home investment minded.

I think Igbos should change that behavior.

9 Likes 3 Shares

Re: International Remittances To Nigeria By State/Household - Statisense by toprealman: 7:20am On Dec 17, 2022
Northerns have Nigeria as their own overseas.....

7 Likes

Re: International Remittances To Nigeria By State/Household - Statisense by ladiguy(m): 7:21am On Dec 17, 2022
franchasng:
Most Southeast guys don't send money directly to their parents or relatives in Nigeria, they sell the hard currencies to their Igbo friends and relatives into importation and they use it to pay for goods abroad instead of sending directly.

Lastly, a lot of Igbo guys abroad are dissatisfied with Nigeria's current situation under APC/Buhari and many have stopped investing back home, another reason for low remittance from Igbos abroad.

The whole world know Igbos are the highest Diaspora population of Nigerians abroad, you too know this.

Withdraw you excuse brother, other Nigerians do the same. Try to be sincere and looked deep into situation without listening to anybody. You will get to understand some customers things are false but people make them real, while some are real but people make it a false. This is how things stands for now.

Brother many things Dey wey you pple think say you dominate but una no domi at all and many things Dey wey pple think una no get mouth but una dominate, so look deep into things yourself and stop the CHEST BEAT thing.

5 Likes

Re: International Remittances To Nigeria By State/Household - Statisense by Anaya4life: 7:22am On Dec 17, 2022
Edo just had to be No 1....If you know ,you know

1 Like

Re: International Remittances To Nigeria By State/Household - Statisense by Nobody: 7:22am On Dec 17, 2022
Bonaventura:
Without any sense of prejudice, I can categorically tell you that the Edo remittances come from the practitioners of the oldest trade in the world.

It comes from the sisters in Italy, Spain, United States and all over the world 'hustling' with their kpekus
na lie. Na boys full Europe. Every single guy I grew up with is in Europe. I just like naija. Me sef fit comot once I finish what I'm doing

9 Likes 4 Shares

Re: International Remittances To Nigeria By State/Household - Statisense by Lucasinho(m): 7:23am On Dec 17, 2022
Tomfrancis1:
Hi everyone!!!

I am here to share my sure odds to those who are looking for 100% sure 2 odds.

This is an opportunity and also the right place you can benefit from sport betting daily

This odds is 100% guarantee winning and it's very sure and mainly For VIP stakers.

If you are interested and in need of this sure 2 odds

You can kindly Contact me with the number below!

+1 930- 203 -1650

sell ur papa land grin and use it to be playing the 2 odds daily.....you will not be disturing us here......foool

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: International Remittances To Nigeria By State/Household - Statisense by shortIGBOman: 7:25am On Dec 17, 2022
South East still come bellow South West, South South and Northern States. Wetin IGBO People dey go do abroad, since they don't remit anything to the East?grin grin

10 Likes 4 Shares

Re: International Remittances To Nigeria By State/Household - Statisense by Roboto11: 7:25am On Dec 17, 2022
SpecialAdviser:

Not interested in your tribal line but yes Igbos are still the most travelled. The problem of the Igbos is that they are always more outside their home investment minded.

I think Igbos should change that behavior.

Rubbish.

Imo State has more igbos investing at home in that case.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: International Remittances To Nigeria By State/Household - Statisense by Jack500: 7:25am On Dec 17, 2022
franchasng:
Most Southeast guys don't send money directly to their parents or relatives in Nigeria, they sell the hard currencies to their Igbo friends and relatives into importation and they use it to pay for goods abroad instead of sending directly, so most Igbo Diaspora remittances return back to Nigeria as goods...while the importers send naira to their relatives. This is one major reason FOREX outflow restriction by CBN under Buhari govt. didn't affect Igbo importers and other Nigerian importers who know how to connect to Igbos abroad.

Lastly, a lot of Igbo guys abroad are dissatisfied with Nigeria's current situation under APC/Buhari and many have stopped investing back home, another reason for low remittance from Igbos abroad.

The whole world know that Igbos make up the highest population of Nigerians living abroad, even in strange countries you have never heard before except maybe online lol, you too know this.

This is a lie, yorubas in US and UK greatly outnumber igbos.

Their is an evidence and stop relying on hearsay

44 Likes 7 Shares

Re: International Remittances To Nigeria By State/Household - Statisense by SWATMan: 7:26am On Dec 17, 2022
olahero:
International Ashawo remittance plenty grin

This comment is not necessary bigot.

5 Likes

Re: International Remittances To Nigeria By State/Household - Statisense by franchasng: 7:27am On Dec 17, 2022
ladiguy:
Withdraw you excuse brother, other Nigerians do the same. Try to be sincere and looked deep into situation without listening to anybody. You will get to understand some customers things are false but people make them real, while some are real but people make it a false. This is how things stands for now.

Brother many things Dey wey you pple think say you dominate but una no domi at all and many things Dey wey pple think una no get mouth but una dominate, so look deep into things yourself and stop the CHEST BEAT thing.
In Nigeria, if you remove ethnic sentiments, personal or tribal hatred, you can easily answer questions about each Nigerian tribe.

The only country Yorubas make up the largest population than any other Nigerian tribe is UK.

China, South Korea, Japan, Malaysia, Singapore, South Africa, Turkey, Vietnam, Bangladesh, etc, you know whats up lol.

You know the truth yourself, thats all I have to say cool

11 Likes

Re: International Remittances To Nigeria By State/Household - Statisense by nedekid: 7:27am On Dec 17, 2022
franchasng:
You are very wrong.

After Igbos, Edo people are the next Nigerian tribe or people that cherish traveling abroad (mostly Europe), followed by the Yorubas.

So its not about prostitution, Edos have a lot of their men living and working legitimately abroad, I know a handful of them. Mind you, I am not from Edo, I am Igbo but truth must be told as it is always
My paddy from edo residing in italy, just brought in an equipment which he remmited a couple of thousand euro to be changed for clearing etc. Legitimate family grown man. Not from prostitution.
Anyway prostitution is also legitimate remittance jare. All na industry.

17 Likes 3 Shares

Re: International Remittances To Nigeria By State/Household - Statisense by shortIGBOman: 7:28am On Dec 17, 2022
toprealman:
Northerns have Nigeria as their own overseas.....

I guarantee your this. Over 80% of what FG generate goes to Northerners pockets. You now expect them to go and be washing plates and bathing Dead bodies abroad?

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: International Remittances To Nigeria By State/Household - Statisense by Nobody: 7:28am On Dec 17, 2022
RockHard:
Omo. Every SW state featured in the top 10 sha (na dem occupy 60% of the list). Was expecting the SE states to dominate the list though, considering the perception about being the 'most travelled' and all that. Edo na worthy mention. Respect to Nigerians overseas wey no forget the homeland.

Why is it that you bring bias into data discussion now you talk about SW if you take Lagos for example if we decompose the data further in Lagos you will find out that it is more of SE. Again we know the bulk of remittances in SW is based on Yahoo format

2 Likes

Re: International Remittances To Nigeria By State/Household - Statisense by franchasng: 7:29am On Dec 17, 2022
Jack500:

UK yes, US a big NO!

UK is the only country in the world that Yorubas make up the highest population of Diaspora Nigerians.

Italy is Edo people.

China, Vietnam, Japan, Singapore, Malaysia, South Korea, South Africa, Bangladesh, Turkey, Germany, Spain, Netherlands, etc na Igbo dominate, you know this grin

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: International Remittances To Nigeria By State/Household - Statisense by Abagworo(m): 7:30am On Dec 17, 2022
RockHard:

Getting remittances is not a thing of pride so the States not on the list are better off. When we got our ladies hustling abroad through prostitution and sending money home then we should ask ourselves why? Northerners are understandably less involved.

1 Like

Re: International Remittances To Nigeria By State/Household - Statisense by SWATMan: 7:31am On Dec 17, 2022
Jack500:

He said living abroad and not US and UK as you wrongfully responded. This is why many fail their exams for not reading through.

7 Likes

Re: International Remittances To Nigeria By State/Household - Statisense by Menclothing: 7:31am On Dec 17, 2022
franchasng:
Most Southeast guys don't send money directly to their parents or relatives in Nigeria, they sell the hard currencies to their Igbo friends and relatives into importation and they use it to pay for goods abroad instead of sending directly, so most Igbo Diaspora remittances return back to Nigeria as goods...while the importers send naira to their relatives. This is one major reason FOREX outflow restriction by CBN under Buhari govt. didn't affect Igbo importers and other Nigerian importers who know how to connect to Igbos abroad.

The whole world know that Igbos make up the highest population of Nigerians living abroad, even in strange countries you have never heard before except maybe online lol, you too know this.

Have you visited uk
Dubai
Canada

Which part of Nigeria dominate this countries?

2 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

May 29: SURE-P Winds Down, Sacks Staff / Nigerian Startups That Raised Above $100 Million In 2021 / How To Save More Money As A Nigerian

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.