Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,169,739 members, 7,875,853 topics. Date: Saturday, 29 June 2024 at 11:23 PM

International Remittances To Nigeria By State/Household - Statisense - Business (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / International Remittances To Nigeria By State/Household - Statisense (23509 Views)

Diversion Of Diaspora Remittances To Black Market Weakens Naira - CBN / Money Transfer Operators Authorised By CBN To Facilitate Remittances (Full List) / Katangowa Market In Lagos Demolished By State Government (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: International Remittances To Nigeria By State/Household - Statisense by tk4radi: 10:16am On Dec 17, 2022
RockHard:
Omo. Every SW state featured in the top 10 sha (na dem occupy 60% of the list). Was expecting the SE states to dominate the list though, considering the perception about being the 'most travelled' and all that. Edo na worthy mention. This list don demystify some preconceived notions. Respect to Nigerians overseas wey no forget the homeland.
So, your mind didn't calculate it that “Yahoo-Yahoo Money” also counted as “Remittances” in this particular catgorisation??

Just dey there dey play.
As if you don't know the region that do the most Yahoo-Yahoo.
Re: International Remittances To Nigeria By State/Household - Statisense by Ellasure: 10:20am On Dec 17, 2022
Everyone needs to think clearly about the remittances and its relation to the States in Nigeria.

The captured transactions and the uncaptured will still be reflecting these same States with positions changing.

This is a good report for the Nigerian nation to ponder and work with. The federal government under Buhari has used this statistics to distribute free money raw cash in the northern Nigeria while doing nothing of such in the southern Nigeria. The finance minister said in a reply to a journalist some,months ago, that the people in the south has people sending them money from abroad while them in the northern part has nobody. Yet your brother that are federal ministers can not do anything about the finance minister action.

Meanwhile, here are people fighting what is not. People should not loose focus on happenings and happenstance.

1 Like

Re: International Remittances To Nigeria By State/Household - Statisense by Reckyd123(m): 10:28am On Dec 17, 2022
I've been residing in South Africa for 9 years and have not used Western Union nor MoneyGram to remit money even once and don't know anyone that uses it.

We prefer to use our brothers that sends cash straight to a Nigerian account.

Believe me, that a hell lot of money being send in a daily. I know for facts that that's how it is in many other countries.

Corrosiveman:
grin
Developers
Re: International Remittances To Nigeria By State/Household - Statisense by mmsen: 10:38am On Dec 17, 2022
Edo. lipsrsealed
Re: International Remittances To Nigeria By State/Household - Statisense by Madeu(m): 10:42am On Dec 17, 2022
Jack500:

This is a lie, yorubas in US and UK greatly outnumber igbos.

Their is an evidence and stop relying on hearsay
Don't mind the guy. If it's not chest-beating, it's doing everything to undermine Yoruba's achievements.
Asake (a typical yoruba musician ) show in London that was marred by a large crowd. Who do you think attends a concert like that? A caucasian or Jamaican that doesn't understand Yoruba. The success of Yoruba musicians is as a result of yorubas in Diaspora that still consume home tunes.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: International Remittances To Nigeria By State/Household - Statisense by Ellasure: 10:45am On Dec 17, 2022
franchasng:
Ema bi nu sir, you are very correct sir, even when Bola Tinubu was in USA, he and his cousins Agbele were working with the Whitehouse then as Accountants, even Hushpuppi too was working with UAE Royal Family in Dubai, ejoor sir, my initial comment was a typo, I am just realizing my mistake as an IPOB Terrorist sir shocked cheesy

Good response, hushpuppi and co are examples of why I wrote that whatever the average Igbo person can do the Yoruba person can do it several times.

419 and the like started from here your people stayed too long on it and do it loudly without decorum till apprehended. In other words, lacks smartness and finese in chosen trade.

Igbo people did not originate drugs business why is it only them that are caught now and often?

Remember that noise making is used to scare people away or make them think the noisy people are plenty. The trick often fails to work.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: International Remittances To Nigeria By State/Household - Statisense by Mrnairalandd: 10:50am On Dec 17, 2022
Igbos are not the most travelled people in Nigeria, it’s the Yorubas.

I believed this Igbo propaganda for years while living in Nigeria until i started travelling out of Nigeria.

The Igbos are not even closed to million of Yorubas abroad.

Yorubas are so much abroad that they are now adding Yoruba language to USA, UK, Ireland hospitals leaflets and other patients/visitors’ information boards.

In addition, there are some hospitals in USA where Yorubas restaurants with local cuisines are served.

Guess what! 85% of Nigerian businesses abroad-Europe/America/Canada/Australia except Asia countries(I have not been there) are owned by the Yorubas.

If anybody says anything contrary to this fact, the person is lying.

Another fact, 80% of Nigerians graduating from Europe, North America and Australia Universities are the Yorubas. If you doubt me, ask anyone to forward 2022 University's Graduating students registry to see for yourselves.

One thing i have noticed in recent years is this, Igbos are extremely loud their success even though it’s little compare to the quiet Yorubas who hardly scream about their success. And i think this is the reason why there is a misconception among Nigerians that the Igbos are most travelled people.

14 Likes 4 Shares

Re: International Remittances To Nigeria By State/Household - Statisense by MondayOsunbor(m): 10:57am On Dec 17, 2022
Ofodirinwa:
This makes a lot of sense

IN 2018/2019

IN 2022 it is now 70% in EDO STATE

NOthing Dey EDO STATE again .
Re: International Remittances To Nigeria By State/Household - Statisense by johnfem321: 11:00am On Dec 17, 2022
They should change it to yahoo remittance.. edo and Ibadan have the highest number of yahoo boys.. it’s no surprise they too the list
Re: International Remittances To Nigeria By State/Household - Statisense by Blitzerz: 11:01am On Dec 17, 2022
inoki247:
lol so Edo people even send money bak home pass our online chestbeater brothers....
Don't let hatred kill you

1 Like

Re: International Remittances To Nigeria By State/Household - Statisense by inoki247: 11:03am On Dec 17, 2022
Blitzerz:

Don't let hatred kill you

Lol did I mention anybody's name abi why u dey cry...

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: International Remittances To Nigeria By State/Household - Statisense by Starzo: 11:04am On Dec 17, 2022
shortIGBOman:

I guarantee your this. Over 80% of what FG generate goes to Northerners pockets. You now expect them to go and be washing plates and bathing Dead bodies abroad?
And the Boko Haram,iswap,bandits and northern politicians claim 75% leaving the overcrowded Northern population with a misely 5%

That's why the north is accounts for atleast 80% of poor people in Nigeria

If not for the north, Nigerians would rank amongst the wealthiest in the world

1 Like

Re: International Remittances To Nigeria By State/Household - Statisense by LILTJAY: 11:08am On Dec 17, 2022
BanyXchi:
omg why are you ibos so delusi0nal? I notice that many of your people even the learned ones that should know better always push fantasical takes.... Let me tell you something clear. Just because you people are known to commit crimes more than Yorubas doesn't mean you travel more than Yorubas. No ethnic group in the whole of Africa travels as much as Omoluabis. I've been to countries you probably never have heard before and I've seen a lot of Omoluabis there. I've been privileged to travel to a lot of countries around the world. From the rich and exotic ones to the poor ones, I'm so surprised to see a lot of my people there..... Also I want you to understand Yorubas are more than any ethnic group in the Western world and that's where our remittance comes from majorly.... All those importer dollars nonsense only lives in your fantasies. Omo you people are delusional... You think a lot of Yorubas are also not angry with the APC government?? Lol
i never see people wey stupid and inferior like these igbos I swear to God grin grin

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: International Remittances To Nigeria By State/Household - Statisense by Starzo: 11:08am On Dec 17, 2022
Izongdave:
So all the northerners abroad just go there to enjoy our looted funds?
Only northern politicians and their families travel abroad

The average northerner sees the southern part of nigeria as 'overseas'.

2 Likes

Re: International Remittances To Nigeria By State/Household - Statisense by CAPITALBEE: 11:11am On Dec 17, 2022
EcoBrick:
https://twitter.com/StatiSense/status/1603631547810254848?t=Hk_H6ZM4EXok_aTdaTKHhg&s=19

Hi

Can you also assist to project the data on level of Exports per state?

I think this would in turn reflect each state's contribution to the index and reveal those that need to do more in terms of contribution to the level of local production and exports as well

1 Like

Re: International Remittances To Nigeria By State/Household - Statisense by LILTJAY: 11:15am On Dec 17, 2022
BanyXchi:
Omo ibo talking about remittance that can be explained. You people are delusi0nal grin.. if it's about yahoo why can't I find Enugwu and Anambra there. Drug money remittance from Anambra nko? grin
when anambra drug money alone pass entire sw yahoo grin grin

3 Likes

Re: International Remittances To Nigeria By State/Household - Statisense by Banbanna(m): 11:22am On Dec 17, 2022
Theoarhics:
Every family in Edo has someone abroad

Abi o cheesy. We have a sayin in BC....Noma eyo gha vbeyo....Who hasn't gone, will eventually.

1 Like

Re: International Remittances To Nigeria By State/Household - Statisense by ogwumgbe: 11:41am On Dec 17, 2022
RockHard:
Omo. Every SW state featured in the top 10 sha (na dem occupy 60% of the list). Was expecting the SE states to dominate the list though, considering the perception about being the 'most travelled' and all that. Edo na worthy mention. This list don demystify some preconceived notions. Respect to Nigerians overseas wey no forget the homeland.

Daft reason and have some sense, let them publish the names of those that remitted those money and you will hide yourself in shame
Re: International Remittances To Nigeria By State/Household - Statisense by AFONJAPIG(m): 11:47am On Dec 17, 2022
Apkamu I remit 4k dollars to my Nigeria account through black market.. who goes to bank here Niqqas prefer black market where u can't trace it.. if u want to know how much igbos in diaspora remit.. start counting how many containers that enter lagos water.. we don't deal with banks here.. our cash goes home by buying here and selling in Nigeria..
Re: International Remittances To Nigeria By State/Household - Statisense by Yankee101: 11:59am On Dec 17, 2022
Abolish no ey travel abroad
He remains and become your government official
Re: International Remittances To Nigeria By State/Household - Statisense by Yankee101: 12:01pm On Dec 17, 2022
Bonaventura:
Without any sense of prejudice, I can categorically tell you that the Edo remittances come from the practitioners of the oldest trade in the world.

It comes from the sisters in Italy, Spain, United States and all over the world 'hustling' with their kpekus

You don’t need to be a prostiture especially in the US to make really good money
Re: International Remittances To Nigeria By State/Household - Statisense by biodunid: 12:05pm On Dec 17, 2022
10 states contribute 116.8% of the total and people don't even see how ridiculous the data is but are fighting for bragging rights?

3 Likes

Re: International Remittances To Nigeria By State/Household - Statisense by Banbanna(m): 12:16pm On Dec 17, 2022
sagitariusbaby:
Shut that trap. There are even more Edo men outside than our hard working beautiful women. In the last two years over ten of my cousins have left Nigeria for Europe, Canada and US including three of my brothers. You haters should not go and hussle, stay there and cmbe capping trash. Edo people generally like travelling more than other states in Nigeria and there is no household without representatives abroad.

Orzuor ni khin, bro! A bloody John Snow for that matter.

2 Likes

Re: International Remittances To Nigeria By State/Household - Statisense by Ogbuefi2020: 12:40pm On Dec 17, 2022
This data is useless, they should give us actual amount not percentage household
Re: International Remittances To Nigeria By State/Household - Statisense by nony43(m): 12:42pm On Dec 17, 2022
franchasng:
Most Southeast guys don't send money directly to their parents or relatives in Nigeria, they sell the hard currencies to their Igbo friends and relatives into importation and they use it to pay for goods abroad instead of sending directly, so most Igbo Diaspora remittances return back to Nigeria as goods...while the importers send naira to their relatives. This is one major reason FOREX outflow restriction by CBN under Buhari govt. didn't affect Igbo importers and other Nigerian importers who know how to connect to Igbos abro

Lastly, a lot of Igbo guys abroad are dissatisfied with Nigeria's current situation under APC/Buhari and many have stopped investing back home, another reason for low remittance from Igbos abroad

The whole world know that Igbos make up the highest population of Nigerians living abroad, even in strange countries you have never heard before except maybe online lol, you too know this.

God bless you.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: International Remittances To Nigeria By State/Household - Statisense by Jack500: 12:55pm On Dec 17, 2022
franchasng:
UK yes, US a big NO!

UK is the only country in the world that Yorubas make up the highest population of Diaspora Nigerians.

Italy is Edo people.

China, Vietnam, Japan, Singapore, Malaysia, South Korea, South Africa, Bangladesh, Turkey, Germany, Spain, Netherlands, etc na Igbo dominate, you know this grin

For us and UK na Yoruba, stop saying what you don't know.

Check this out

https://www.nairaland.com/6846026/check-out-largest-west-african/14

1 Like 1 Share

Re: International Remittances To Nigeria By State/Household - Statisense by Maski87: 12:59pm On Dec 17, 2022
Fake statistics

1 Like

Re: International Remittances To Nigeria By State/Household - Statisense by MrOkenwa(m): 1:06pm On Dec 17, 2022
Remittance by diasporans is very important to the economy. they're called unsung heroes in the Philippines.
Through my own remittance, I've been able to patronize more than 10 businesses and paid various people to work on my sites.
kudos to all diasporans who are working legitimately for their money.

2 Likes

Re: International Remittances To Nigeria By State/Household - Statisense by sweetgala(m): 1:12pm On Dec 17, 2022
obynzo:

Why is it that you bring bias into data discussion now you talk about SW if you take Lagos for example if we decompose the data further in Lagos you will find out that it is more of SE. Again we know the bulk of remittances in SW is based on Yahoo format

Developers you people don't stop.

1 Like

Re: International Remittances To Nigeria By State/Household - Statisense by franchasng: 1:17pm On Dec 17, 2022
Jack500:

For us and UK na Yoruba, stop saying what you don't know.

Check this out

https://www.nairaland.com/6846026/check-out-largest-west-african/14

The statistics was accurate with population of Africans of Nigerian decent living in The US.

It then goes further to give an estimated
population of African households that speak some identifiable Nigerian dialects. This stat does not represent the population of each Nigerian tribe living in the US, they even stated it there if you read the introductory statement.

It is a known fact in Nigeria that After Hausas, the next tribe in Nigeria that love speaking their dialect are the Yorubas.

Many Igbos living in the cities don't even give their kids Igbo names, neither do they speak Igbo dialect in their homes, but you can hardly find a Yoruba kid without a Yoruba ethnic name, and this I always envy about the Yorubas on how they uphold their culture wherever they go.

All my relatives that live in the US, none of their kids speak Igbo and this has been a factor modern Igbo families including mine are trying to change.

My kids don't understand Igbo despite my little effort to ensure they do.

So please that statistics is not a representation of population of each Nigerian tribes living in the US.

You guys should learn to interpret facts and stop confusing yourselves.

See the data below:

Of the various African languages spoken in U.S Households, only a handful were statistically significant enough to obtain discrete codes and statistical representation.codification. Out of the West African languages represented, some such as Yoruba, Igbo and Wolof are stand alone languages, while others such as Edoid, Gbe and Manding languages are linguistic groupings of similar languages. The following are the 10 largest West African languages spoken in America. The big 3 are:

Yoruba - 149,358

Akan Languages
(Incl. Twi) - 141,583

Igbo - 94,788

The other 7 represented languages are:

Manding Languages - 30,381
Wolof - 26,255
Fulah - 18,563
Kabuverdianu - 18,451
Gbe Languages - 17,212
Edoid Languages - 16,699
Ga - 10,542

Source: https://data.census.gov/mdat/#/search?ds=ACSPUMS1Y2019&rv=LANP&wt=PWGTP
Re: International Remittances To Nigeria By State/Household - Statisense by pacespot(m): 1:29pm On Dec 17, 2022
Edo people no dey joke with their people back at home o
Re: International Remittances To Nigeria By State/Household - Statisense by erico2k2(m): 1:34pm On Dec 17, 2022

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

Court Seals Popular Shopping Mall In Abuja / $10bn Chevron Escravos GTL Produces First Liquids / Bolaji Oluwadunsin: Nairalander Wins 2019 Tony Elumelu Foundation Grant Of $5000

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.