Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,174,336 members, 7,891,504 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 July 2024 at 02:03 PM

This Is What Happens When You Neglect Your Children - Family (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / This Is What Happens When You Neglect Your Children (46610 Views)

Neglect Of The Boy Child: We Need To Speak Up / Married To Mum Of 2 But The Babies Dad Choose To Neglect Responsibilities. / What Happens After Marriage? How Would You Advise The Unmarried? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: This Is What Happens When You Neglect Your Children by ahiboilandgas: 1:06pm On Dec 31, 2022
Lexusgs430:

No mercy whatsoever.......
they don't deserve . refuse to train and provide for you kids within you modest income then you don't deserve anything what so ever in old age .
Re: This Is What Happens When You Neglect Your Children by tiswell(m): 1:07pm On Dec 31, 2022
Bethanybethel:
You are right my dad is paying the price for abandoning us with our sick mother. He have some health issues I have decided not to help him, he will suffer until his last breath on earth..
you obviously have been manipulated by your mother sad

Your father is the only one who can tell you exactly what led to his actions towards your mother.

You knew nothing boy!

4 Likes

Re: This Is What Happens When You Neglect Your Children by DeOTR: 1:08pm On Dec 31, 2022
Bethanybethel:
You are right my dad is paying the price for abandoning us with our sick mother. He have some health issues I have decided not to help him, he will suffer until his last breath on earth..
You take life too seriously.
Did your Dad by chance, at any time, didn't know the class you were in School?
Have you ever met your Dad on the way and didn't recognize him?
Has your Dad ever been in a position to assist you, but instead gave the opportunity to someone else who's not even an immediate member of the family?
See! Help your old man in whatever way you have the capacity to. We sometimes help people who have not done anything for us and who may not return the favor.
Take care of him, and if you have kids, don't deprive them of the joy of knowing their grandpa.
Some of these things made us what we are today. Our lives could have turned out differently (worse), otherwise.
As someone rightly mentioned, if you have kids, don't forget they're watching you. No matter how you try to be different and be there for your kids, if the see how you neglect your own Dad, you're invariably telling them it's the right thing to do. They'll unconsciously turn out worse again you when the time comes. Have it in mind that not all children that enjoy their parents take care of them when the time comes.

1 Like

Re: This Is What Happens When You Neglect Your Children by njelrapheal: 1:09pm On Dec 31, 2022
Bethanybethel:

You still hold that grudge and it would burn you up.. dont be suprised when anyone of ur kids (if u have) notices this trend.

You have to let it go so u can heal. Not for ur dad but for urself.

2 Likes

Re: This Is What Happens When You Neglect Your Children by SeriouslySense(m): 1:11pm On Dec 31, 2022
The question, What are the qualities of a good Father? will help to understand and to become a good father and to watch oneself as a father.

What should fathers aspire to impact into their children, if they knew, then they will seek to become the good qualities of a father.

Re: This Is What Happens When You Neglect Your Children by Emperor4tune(m): 1:11pm On Dec 31, 2022
seanwilliam:

Same fate will befall you in your old age.

Some of you spend so much on women/people who have never contributed shishi to your life. So u want to tell me that your father never for once contributed anything to your life? Even when you were young and know nothing ? I can see your mom really poisoned your mind. Good luck .
man oil dey your head,that is why i say i will only do my best because killing yourself trying to be a 100% dad is a fruitless effort for an african man,your wife will still turn around and poison your children heart against you just to appear a saint without past mistakes or errors.i have chosen my path and will stand my ground

2 Likes

Re: This Is What Happens When You Neglect Your Children by Nobody: 1:11pm On Dec 31, 2022
kk2027:

How did generational curse enter this matter now?

Looks like there are so many deadbeat dads on nairaland

Men take care of your kids, its not too much for the kids to ask

My dad is a great role model for me, kids must be attended to regardless of the circumstance, its simple.

And if anyone refuses to do that, he/she reaps what he/she sows

grin you just need to grow up. It's people like you who don't know the reality of life that ends up being a deadbeat.

Did you know it takes love and compassion to make sacrifices. This is something you need to start learning and to develop yourself with. If you don't have a forgiven spirit, there is no way you can become the good parent that you are craving for. It is just not by mouth. You need to start learning
Re: This Is What Happens When You Neglect Your Children by AFONJAPIG(m): 1:12pm On Dec 31, 2022
I'm not emotionally attached to my father and I can't feel any different. He's my dad and I accord him the best respect and do things for him as son.. we have cordial relationships and respect each others feelings as father to son.. so what's the fuss all about
Re: This Is What Happens When You Neglect Your Children by SeriouslySense(m): 1:15pm On Dec 31, 2022
One of the things Jesus taught the world, is the ability to forgive, and to always have a forgiving spirit out of Love.

The world gets more violent as they forget, that we need to forgive and have the spirit of God's love.

I also had to stop holding grudges and allow Gods compassion to flow.

It would do him a lot of good to forgive.

Ultimately God's love should be in us and should flow to everyone, everyone is forgiven and its because of God's goodness not our goodness.
Ddworld:

grin you just need to grow up. It's people like you who don't know the reality of life that ends up being a deadbeat.

Did you know it takes love and compassion to make sacrifices. This is something you need to start learning and to develop yourself with. If you don't have a forgiven spirit, there is no way you can become the good parent that you are craving for. It is just not by mouth. You need to start learning
Re: This Is What Happens When You Neglect Your Children by royalmu: 1:16pm On Dec 31, 2022
Bethanybethel:
God blessed you with whatever you have now for a reason. Do the needful and see how God will bless you the more. I am sure your dad too must have realised his mistakes. Don’t let your father down irrespective of what he must have done. You can never know the child that will take care of you at old age. Taking care of your children is no guarantee that they will reciprocate same gesture when you get old. Do good and let God’s mercy speak for you at every point in time. I am sure you must have been helped in one way or the other by someone you have wronged in the past. To err is human, to forgive is divine. May God continue to bless everyone of us.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: This Is What Happens When You Neglect Your Children by SeriouslySense(m): 1:18pm On Dec 31, 2022
royalmu:
God blessed you with whatever you have now for a reason. Do the needful and see how God will bless you the more. I am sure your dad too must have realised his mistakes. Don’t let your father down irrespective of what he must have done. You can never know the child that will take care of you at old age. Taking care of your children is no guarantee that they will reciprocate same gesture when you get old. Do good and let God’s mercy speak for you at every point in time. I am sure you must have been helped in one way or the other by someone you have wronged in the past. To err is human, to forgive is divine. May God continue to bless everyone of us.
Re: This Is What Happens When You Neglect Your Children by folake4u(f): 1:24pm On Dec 31, 2022
All these nonsense Twitter influencers sef. I pity anybody who takes their words seriously.
Re: This Is What Happens When You Neglect Your Children by kk2027: 1:30pm On Dec 31, 2022
Lexusgs430:

I wonder why people have the mindset of forgiven, a father that totally failed in his responsibilities........

If that ignored child, becomes homeless and useless, that same father would blame the mother.......

But if the child becomes successful in life, the father wants some benefits..........

Be GOOD to your children, so they can reward you handsomely (in most cases)........

Well said
Re: This Is What Happens When You Neglect Your Children by kk2027: 1:35pm On Dec 31, 2022
tiswell:

Your father is the only one who can tell you exactly what led to his actions towards your mother.

You knew nothing boy!
The poor sick mother who was abandoned with kids, is still the one being blamed!

Anyway thank God deadbeat dads are increasingly getting abandoned, so the upcoming deadbeatz will learn to take care of their kids

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: This Is What Happens When You Neglect Your Children by Doyou2019: 1:39pm On Dec 31, 2022
Tunagee:

You too should be warming up cos your children will neglect you when you suffer same

Stop the manipulation abeg. If he's a good father to his kids, he will never suffer neglect.
This is how the world works now, not the BS wicked African fathers, who always want to eat their cake and have it, spread all over just so they could bend simpletons to their selfish will.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: This Is What Happens When You Neglect Your Children by tiswell(m): 1:39pm On Dec 31, 2022
kk2027:

The poor sick mother who was abandoned with kids, is still the one being blamed!

Anyway thank God deadbeat dads are increasingly getting abandoned, so the upcoming deadbeatz will learn to take care of their kids
you know nothing oga,I guess you are also one of those brainwashed kids.

1 Like

Re: This Is What Happens When You Neglect Your Children by Amumaigwe: 1:43pm On Dec 31, 2022
Bethanybethel:

Unfortunately, however ill you feel about him, he still carries your blessing in his bosom. If you are smart, just forgive him, treat him the way he never treated him and provoke it. Otherwise side your mother to pepper him to death and perhaps, shortly after, your mum will join him after using you to fight her selfish and egocentric battle. You will eventually marry your own wife and your eyes will open when this container you are loading in the port of origin will finally berth. Whatever a man sows, same he will reap.
Re: This Is What Happens When You Neglect Your Children by Ruggedfighter: 1:44pm On Dec 31, 2022
Bethanybethel:
Good, don't pity him. Some men are heartless and will want help when things go bad for them. I love paying evil for evil, especially when it comes to issues like this.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: This Is What Happens When You Neglect Your Children by IamMobisola(f): 1:52pm On Dec 31, 2022
And yet people ask why children are more emotionally driven towards their mothers and fear their fathers? Well this is one of the answers.
Fathers think paying school fees and feeding is the only responsibility they have towards the children thereby leaving the emotional and psychological support to the mothers.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: This Is What Happens When You Neglect Your Children by SeriouslySense(m): 1:53pm On Dec 31, 2022
smiley
IamMobisola:
And yet people ask why children are more emotionally driven towards their mothers and fear their fathers? Well this is one of the answers.
Fathers think paying school fees and feeding is the only responsibility they have towards the children thereby leaving the emotional and psychological support to the mothers.
Re: This Is What Happens When You Neglect Your Children by IamMobisola(f): 1:58pm On Dec 31, 2022
imagrg:
Ladies on this forum are so short sighted to the extent that they fail to realise that it takes a man and a woman to father children.
The responsibility of child's care is on both parents.
It’s obvious you don’t even understand the topic of debate

1 Like

Re: This Is What Happens When You Neglect Your Children by Lexusgs430: 1:59pm On Dec 31, 2022
kk2027:

Well said

This thread is therapy for many .........

1 Like

Re: This Is What Happens When You Neglect Your Children by IamMobisola(f): 2:00pm On Dec 31, 2022
Vinesee:
So many men where pushed away by there wife's and they turned the kids against him. If a man stays to fight and something happens, the world will blame him that he should have left. Personally, I haven't seen my kids in 2 yrs because there mum took them away and I have been in court but the court is not even helping matters, so many adjournment here and there. Most times, it's not the fault of the men but wicked and evil women in there life's. I'm talking from experience
Here we go again, blaming women.
Lol, it never ends

4 Likes

Re: This Is What Happens When You Neglect Your Children by Onucs(m): 2:03pm On Dec 31, 2022
Bethanybethel:

Hey friend, making ur dad suffer will not break the bad egg in the family and will certainly not revert what he has done but showing him love and compassion will. If u think ur dad was bad, letting him suffer will only make u as bad as him. Love is the only way u gonna win ur dad.
Re: This Is What Happens When You Neglect Your Children by IamMobisola(f): 2:05pm On Dec 31, 2022
tiswell:

You knew nothing boy!
Another one blaming the woman as usual for the father’s irresponsibility!!!
I guess women are the more powerful entity

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: This Is What Happens When You Neglect Your Children by Doyou2019: 2:14pm On Dec 31, 2022
IamMobisola:
Paying the School fees sef, na only so they could enjoy some black tax when the kids are grown-up . Psychological/emotional help is more difficult, and that's why only a few African fathers want to do that.
It's the the real heavy-lifting in parenting. Not paying school fees.
Re: This Is What Happens When You Neglect Your Children by Kzcee: 2:15pm On Dec 31, 2022
Bethanybethel:

It's really hurting though. At the same time kindly find a way to help him out because God that makes you to Succeed in life even without him is not a fool. Forgive him, don't let anything hold your peace, you need absolute peace to enjoy the divine success. Give a room to apologise his wrong deeds SO that when he eventually died he will have a perfect rest and with mercy enter God's kingdom.

#PEACE
Re: This Is What Happens When You Neglect Your Children by adedayoa2(f): 2:17pm On Dec 31, 2022
kk2027:

Maybe his own mom is ok with him abandoning the man

So the shoe may still not be the same las las
true
Re: This Is What Happens When You Neglect Your Children by Ruggedfighter: 2:18pm On Dec 31, 2022
Tunagee:

You too should be warming up cos your children will neglect you when you suffer same
Only if he ignores his children.
Re: This Is What Happens When You Neglect Your Children by bigiyaro(m): 2:27pm On Dec 31, 2022
Chee59:

Please. I'm begging you, even if you don't want to give him the money directly, give to your mom with instructions for him.
I can't ask you to forgive him. But please.
I know what it is to be neglected. It's something I won't wish on my enemy.
But please, reconsider. Just please.
give to which mom? Who brainwashed him in the first place?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Between A Guy And A Girl Begging For Alm (Photos) / How Would You React To This If It Happened In Your House? / Is My Elder Brother Possessed Or An Occultic Man?

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.