Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,748 members, 7,889,408 topics. Date: Sunday, 14 July 2024 at 11:35 AM

Zelensky's Visit Shows Neither Ukraine Nor US Want Peace, Russia Says - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Zelensky's Visit Shows Neither Ukraine Nor US Want Peace, Russia Says (899 Views)

US President Biden Warns Russia, Says NATO Ready To Respond / Russia Says It Is Ready To Cut Ties With The European Union / US Want To Avoid The Mistake We Made In Iraq - President Trump (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Zelensky's Visit Shows Neither Ukraine Nor US Want Peace, Russia Says by obedience4(m): 10:08pm On Dec 22, 2022
By Phelan Chatterjee
BBC News

Russia has strongly criticised the visit to Washington by Ukraine's Volodymyr Zelensky, accusing the US of fighting an indirect war against it.
President Joe Biden has pledged $1.85bn (£1.45bn) of military aid for Ukraine - including an advanced missile system to help guard against Russian attacks.
In a defiant address to US lawmakers, Mr Zelensky welcomed the assistance.
But Russia's US ambassador said these "provocative actions" would lead to an escalation with severe consequences.
Anatoly Antonov told Russian state media that Moscow was "trying to appeal to common sense at all levels", but talk of delivering the Patriot missile system to Kyiv was "deeply disturbing".

Patriot missiles are capable, effective and expensive. The White House says they will help defend Ukrainians against "Russia's barbaric attacks on Ukraine's critical infrastructure".
Moscow has complained that no calls for peace were heard during President Zelensky's trip to Washington - with spokesman Dmitry Peskov describing this as proof that the US was fighting a proxy war with Russia.
Mr Peskov added that delivering Patriot missiles would not prevent Russia from "achieving its goals during the special military operation".
"The talks in Washington have shown that neither Ukraine nor the United States is seeking peace. They are simply intent on continuing the fighting," said Russian foreign ministry spokesperson Maria Zakharova.

Russian commentators have echoed this - repeatedly accusing the US of "pumping Ukraine full of weapons".
Some media reports from Moscow ridiculed the Ukrainian leader - with state TV's Channel One comparing him to a stripper begging for money. On Wednesday, he was likened to a toilet brush.
Marking his first foreign trip since the start of the invasion, Mr Zelensky told Congress his country was "alive and kicking" and would never surrender to Moscow.
As well as the $1.85bn package that has already been announced, another $45bn of US emergency assistance is currently before the Senate.
Mr Zelensky expressed hope this extra funding would be approved, to "help us to defend our values and independence".
But there are signs that US support is likely to face greater political scrutiny. Republican support for continued assistance has been eroding.
In a survey conducted in November, just over half of Republican voters supported aid to Ukraine - down from 80% in March.
The party, which will take control of the House of Representatives in January, has warned it will not write a "blank cheque" for Ukraine.
But President Biden has vowed to stick by Ukraine "for as long as it takes".
Mr Zelensky, who travelled on a US Air Force jet from the Polish city of Rzeszow, said that "regardless of changes in the Congress", he believed there would be bipartisan support for his country.
He made his plea in emotive terms before a joint session of Congress - a speech that was interrupted 18 times with standing ovations by nearly all members of Congress, with the exception of some Republican lawmakers who did not clap.
Speaking in English, he told them his country was still standing "against all odds" and predicted "a turning point" in the conflict next year.
To illustrate the brutality of the war, Mr Zelensky evoked US troops fighting the Nazis during World War Two.
"The Russians' tactic is primitive. They burn down and destroy everything they see. They sent convicts to the front lines, to the war. They threw everything against us, similar to the other tyranny, which in the Battle of the Bulge threw everything it had against the free world.
"Just like the brave American soldiers who held their lines and fought back Hitler's forces during the Christmas of 1944, brave Ukrainian soldiers are doing the same to [Russian President Vladimir] Putin's forces this Christmas," he said. "Ukraine holds its lines and will never surrender."
Concluding his speech, Mr Zelensky presented Congress with a battle flag signed by the defenders of Bakhmut, a frontline city in the east of Ukraine that he visited on the eve of his Washington trip
At a joint news conference, Mr Biden told reporters he was "not at all worried" about holding the international coalition together.
Despite concerns some allies may be feeling the strain of the conflict's cost and disruption to global food and energy supplies, the US president said he felt "very good" about the solidarity of support for Ukraine.
As Ukraine's most important ally, the US has already committed $50bn (£41bn) of humanitarian, financial and security assistance - far more than any other country.
On his way home from Washington, Volodymyr Zelensky stopped in Poland where he met Polish President Andrzej Duda, one of his strongest allies.
The two discussed the US visit as well as their "strategic plans for the future", Mr Zelensky said.
Since Russia invaded Ukraine on 24 February, the US military estimates that at least 100,000 Russian and 100,000 Ukrainian soldiers have been killed or injured, along with some 40,000 civilian deaths.
The UN has recorded 7.8 million people as refugees from Ukraine across Europe, including Russia. However, the figure does not include those who have been forced to flee their homes but remain in Ukraine.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-64066584

Re: Zelensky's Visit Shows Neither Ukraine Nor US Want Peace, Russia Says by obedience4(m): 10:10pm On Dec 22, 2022
While Russian boys on nairaland try to downplay the historical significant of Mr zelensky visit to the white house,
Russian officials in the Kremlin are running riots grin
God bless the USA
God bless Ukraine.
Salvia Ukraine

5 Likes

Re: Zelensky's Visit Shows Neither Ukraine Nor US Want Peace, Russia Says by yinkus6750(m): 10:18pm On Dec 22, 2022
Russia had all opportunity to embrace peace and end the war since.
Putin found out too late that it wasn't an easy one.
NATO was expected to have come to Ukraine's aid from the onset.
The world cannot allow Russia to continue it's onslaught on Ukraine.
Good decision by Biden, we need to know who is the real super power.

2 Likes

Re: Zelensky's Visit Shows Neither Ukraine Nor US Want Peace, Russia Says by gambojimeta: 11:56pm On Dec 22, 2022
Russia invaded Ukraine. Move out of Ukraine today and there will be peace. The developed world will help Ukraine rebuild.

2 Likes

Re: Zelensky's Visit Shows Neither Ukraine Nor US Want Peace, Russia Says by Elvictor: 7:17am On Dec 23, 2022
Some group of media are not Russia says, no Russia official's statement, only a statement from media house is now, Russia say.

No news conference from Putin, not even from Defence Min. But Russia says, ona wan just force us to believe that Russians are afraid of patriot system, hope it won't end up like Himars after all the buzz grin grin angry

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Zelensky's Visit Shows Neither Ukraine Nor US Want Peace, Russia Says by joyandfaith: 9:21am On Dec 23, 2022
Elvictor:
Some group of media are not Russia says, no Russia official's statement, only a statement from media house is now, Russia say.

No news conference from Putin, not even from Defence Min. But Russia says, ona wan just force us to believe that Russians are afraid of patriot system, hope it won't end up like Himars after all the buzz grin grin angry
Names of Russian officials are mentioned in the report. Go and verify.
Re: Zelensky's Visit Shows Neither Ukraine Nor US Want Peace, Russia Says by pansophist(m): 11:32am On Dec 23, 2022
The reasonable prediction of this war coming to an end will be a dmz in the likes of South and North Korea. All of Novorussia will be annexed, and at least a 100km wide buffer zone divide between Russia and what is left of Ukraine.

Ukraine will be a 21st century European failed state, and a go-to example why no country that is divided between two great powers should ever pick sides, but to remain neutral.

I hope Zelensky repeal his stupid law of banning negotiations with the Russians, and get to talking, or else, this will be the fate of his country.

7 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Zelensky's Visit Shows Neither Ukraine Nor US Want Peace, Russia Says by Kelvin3476: 6:54pm On Dec 23, 2022
Na u.s tell u to start invading ukraine ? na person make america sanction u from visiting them ?
person no fit visit AMERICA IN PEACE

1 Like

Re: Zelensky's Visit Shows Neither Ukraine Nor US Want Peace, Russia Says by Kelvin3476: 6:57pm On Dec 23, 2022
pansophist:
The reasonable prediction of this war coming to an end will be a dmz in the likes of South and North Korea. All of Novorussia will be annexed, and at least a 100km wide buffer zone divide between Russia and what is left of Ukraine.

Ukraine will be a 21st century European failed state, and a go-to example why no country that is divided between two great powers should ever pick sides, but to remain neutral.

I hope Zelensky repeal his stupid law of banning negotiations with the Russians, and get to talking, or else, this will be the fate of his country.
we been the hear this since 28th feb 2022
Re: Zelensky's Visit Shows Neither Ukraine Nor US Want Peace, Russia Says by haaryobhami: 10:47pm On Dec 23, 2022
pansophist:

Same bullshit since feb,yesterday made it 300 days Russia invaded yet still no Major success
Re: Zelensky's Visit Shows Neither Ukraine Nor US Want Peace, Russia Says by ariesbull: 5:44am On Dec 24, 2022
define stupidity ....it is using a patriot missile of a million us dollars to shoot down $15,000 drone

These guys are daft....

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Zelensky's Visit Shows Neither Ukraine Nor US Want Peace, Russia Says by obedience4(m): 8:01am On Dec 24, 2022
ariesbull:
define stupidity ....it is using a patriot missile of a million us dollars to shoot down $15,000 drone

These guys are daft....

Please help yourself with countless of info on the web,
The patriot missiles systems are used to intercept cruise missiles and medium ranges ballistic missiles.
Not drones, surface to air missiles SAMs are used to engage drones and flying aircraft not the patriot missiles systems.
The Iranian drones are not even conventional drones they don't even operate at a high attitude, they are lotring drones and the drones them self are the missiles, just like the ww2 Japanese kamikaze pilot.
Gun fire and portable manpad missies systems like RPG are used to counter such drones
Re: Zelensky's Visit Shows Neither Ukraine Nor US Want Peace, Russia Says by obedience4(m): 8:03am On Dec 24, 2022
pansophist:

Another semi- long epistle, devoured of proper reasoning.
From trying to take over keiv and topping a Democratic elected president by Russia to now creating your so-called imaginary100km bufffer zone.
Your false perception that Ukraine will be a 21st century's failed state is more of a pipe dream, while Ukraine president is visiting the powerful country in the world and speaking in the Capitol, Putin and rusaaim are becoming isolated,
Re: Zelensky's Visit Shows Neither Ukraine Nor US Want Peace, Russia Says by texazzpete(m): 8:14am On Dec 24, 2022
Elvictor:

The same HIMARS that changed the course of the war? cheesy

If it ends up like HIMARS, then Russia is in deep trouble.

and yes, increased air defence systems is a big worry for Russian aviation and will limit effectiveness of Russia's missile attacks.
Re: Zelensky's Visit Shows Neither Ukraine Nor US Want Peace, Russia Says by texazzpete(m): 8:17am On Dec 24, 2022
ariesbull:

These guys are daft....

A simple Google search would have shown you that the Patriots will be used to counter ballistic missiles and cruise missile, while cheaper systems will take out the drones. Patriots will also free up some of the S-300 systems that Ukraine currently uses.

Imagine being daft enough to think you in Shomolu have figured out what highly experienced military planners have not cheesy
Re: Zelensky's Visit Shows Neither Ukraine Nor US Want Peace, Russia Says by ariesbull: 9:49am On Dec 24, 2022
texazzpete:

A simple Google search would have shown you that the Patriots will be used to counter ballistic missiles and cruise missile, while cheaper systems will take out the drones. Patriots will also free up some of the S-300 systems that Ukraine currently uses.

Imagine being daft enough to think you in Shomolu have figured out what highly experienced military planners have not cheesy
even your own daftness is on a different scale....Please don't ever quote me ,I don't engage møřøñș with all due respect

How much do they cost? A lot. One single interceptor missile costs about $4 million, according to the Center for Strategic and International Studies. Each launcher costs around $10 million.3 days ago

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Zelensky's Visit Shows Neither Ukraine Nor US Want Peace, Russia Says by ariesbull: 9:56am On Dec 24, 2022
obedience4:

Please help yourself with countless of info on the web,
The patriot missiles systems are used to intercept cruise missiles and medium ranges ballistic missiles.
Not drones, surface to air missiles SAMs are used to engage drones and flying aircraft not the patriot missiles systems.
The Iranian drones are not even conventional drones they don't even operate at a high attitude, they are lotring drones and the drones them self are the missiles, just like the ww2 Japanese kamikaze pilot.
Gun fire and portable manpad missies systems like RPG are used to counter such drones

who is this one....this clown doesn't know that Patriot is an air defense missile and not an attack missile

Why am I engaging these folks...?

The MIM-104 Patriot is a surface-to-air missile (SAM) system, the primary of its kind used by the United States Army and several allied states. It is manufactured by the U.S. defense contractor Raytheon and derives its name from the radar component of the weapon system. The AN/MPQ-53 at the heart of the system is known as the "Phased Array Tracking Radar to Intercept on Target", or PATRIOT. The Patriot system replaced[when?] the Nike Hercules system as the U.S. Army's primary High to Medium Air Defense (HIMAD) system and replaced the MIM-23 Hawk system as the U.S. Army's medium tactical air defense system. In addition to these roles, Patriot has been given the function of the U.S. Army's anti-ballistic missile (ABM) system, which is now Patriot's primary mission. The system is expected to stay fielded until at least 2040.[

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Zelensky's Visit Shows Neither Ukraine Nor US Want Peace, Russia Says by texazzpete(m): 10:09am On Dec 24, 2022
ariesbull:
even your own daftness is on a different scale....Please don't ever quote me ,I don't engage møřøñș with all due respect

How much do they cost? A lot. One single interceptor missile costs about $4 million, according to the Center for Strategic and International Studies. Each launcher costs around $10 million.3 days ago

My dear dullard, none of what you posted has anything to do with what I said. Why can’t you read at this age?

I’m telling you that Patriot missiles aren’t going to be used to shoot down Shaheds, but will target Russian cruise and ballistic missiles…then you go and post pictures showing prices of Iranian drones. How does this make sense?
Re: Zelensky's Visit Shows Neither Ukraine Nor US Want Peace, Russia Says by pansophist(m): 3:13pm On Dec 24, 2022
obedience4:

Another semi- long epistle, devoured of proper reasoning.
From trying to take over keiv and topping a Democratic elected president by Russia to now creating your so-called imaginary100km bufffer zone.
Your false perception that Ukraine will be a 21st century's failed state is more of a pipe dream, while Ukraine president is visiting the powerful country in the world and speaking in the Capitol, Putin and russia are becoming isolated,

Time will prove me right, bookmark this comment. And I do not agree with you that the US is the most powerful country in the world. It used to be, but not anymore. Right now, the US is just one of the other global players, and the future is not too bright for it.

The world will be a better place without their hegemony. I recommend you watch this video below, it encapsulates what I mean without me going too deep. The world order has changed, and February 24th 20222 was the day it began.

Now one quick question, give me the measures of what you used to determine the US as the most powerful country. What metrics did you use? I want to know.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xguam0TKMw8

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Zelensky's Visit Shows Neither Ukraine Nor US Want Peace, Russia Says by RestructureNig5: 3:31pm On Dec 24, 2022
pansophist:

Time will prove me right, bookmark this comment. And I do not agree with you that the US most powerful is the country in the world. It used to be, but not anymore. Right now, the US is just one of the other global players, and the future is not too bright for it.

The world will be a better place without their hegemony. I recommend you watch this video below, it encapsulates what I mean without me going too deep. The world order has changed, and February 24th 20222 was the day it began.

Now one quick question, give me the measures of what you used to determine the US as the most powerful country. What metrics did you use? I want to know.

I have a question for you, what do you think about this claim.
The US claims they have more gas reserves than Russia and more oil reserves than the Saudi Arabia.
Is it true?
Re: Zelensky's Visit Shows Neither Ukraine Nor US Want Peace, Russia Says by pansophist(m): 3:36pm On Dec 24, 2022
RestructureNig5:

I have a question for you, what do you think about this claim.
The US claims they have more gas reserves than Russia and more oil reserves than the Saudi Arabia.
Is it true?

If you are referring to shale gas, then yes, the US has more gas than Russia, but still, it comes fourth after China, Argentina, and Algeria. But for natural gas, the Russians have more than the US. I mean, this is not an argument, its a fact simply google will reveal.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Zelensky's Visit Shows Neither Ukraine Nor US Want Peace, Russia Says by ariesbull: 4:17pm On Dec 24, 2022
Too many idiots online
Re: Zelensky's Visit Shows Neither Ukraine Nor US Want Peace, Russia Says by Day169: 4:46pm On Dec 24, 2022
The most probable eventuality still is dialogue.
It's looking like a stalemate at the moment as Ukraine insists on reclaiming seized lands by Russia while Putin's already bruised ego is unyielding to the possibility of further losses.
As it stands, Putin may have miscalculated in his actions, as Ukraine's March to joining NATO can only be reversed by victory on battlefield for Russia.
I'm just wondering when the end game (dialogue) will be as a potential for an escalation is ever present.
Re: Zelensky's Visit Shows Neither Ukraine Nor US Want Peace, Russia Says by obedience4(m): 12:14pm On Dec 25, 2022
pansophist:

Time will prove me right, bookmark this comment. And I do not agree with you that the US is the most powerful country in the world. It used to be, but not anymore. Right now, the US is just one of the other global players, and the future is not too bright for it.

There are factors that makes one a powerful nation, some countries are economic powerhouse but not military strong, it varies, but you see the USA the have them all.
The biggest economy in the world GDP, its currency the USD is the de facto currency in international trade, the USA has the second largest market and has huge influence on the WTO.
The USA is the financial center of the world.with the iThe New York Stock Exchange . It is by far the world's largest stock exchange by market capitalization
Has the biggest and most powerful military in the world, in terms of military hardware and ability to project power, has the biggest airforce in the world, the USA navy with it's 11 nuclear powdered aircraft's carrier is the biggest in the world, the only know navy to actually know to Field a ".blue water capability".
The USA military is the only country to have permanent forward operating bases FOB in all continent in the world, the only country whose nuke's are station outside is shores.
USA is the technology hub of the world, with its fame silicon valley,The world's preeminent hub for technology, Silicon Valley is a byword for innovation. Today, it is home to the headquarters of many of the world's largest high-tech corporations, including more than thirty businesses in the Fortune 1000.
The USA has the highest number of millionaire and billionaire, a testament to the innovative mindsets of Americans.
In terms of innovation and discovery's no country has more Nobel prices than the USA.
In showbiz's Hollywood California is the epicenter of entertainment in the world.
USA college's and university are the best in the world.
in all of this is the USA ability to be manage it Allies and be able to galvanized support for it's goal is worth stating,
The USA is the most powerful nation in the world, military, economic, otherwise and shouldn't be made to be in the same conversion with a regional power like Russia, who are known for there barbaric nature, and there ak47 which are favoured by terrorist round the world.
I like Russia vodka thoi grin
Re: Zelensky's Visit Shows Neither Ukraine Nor US Want Peace, Russia Says by pansophist(m): 3:20pm On Dec 25, 2022
obedience4:

There are factors that make one a powerful nation, some countries are economic powerhouses but not militarily strong, it varies, but you see the USA have them all. The biggest economy in the world GDP, its currency the USD is the de facto currency in international trade, the USA has the second largest market and has a huge influence on the WTO.

The USA is the financial center of the world, with The New York Stock Exchange. It is by far the world's largest stock exchange by market capitalization. Has the biggest and most powerful military in the world, in terms of military hardware and ability to project power, has the biggest airforce in the world, the USA navy with its 11 nuclear-powered aircraft carrier is the biggest in the world, the only know navy to actually know to Field a ".blue water capability".

The US military is the only country to have permanent forward operating bases FOB in all continents in the world, the only country whose nuke's are stationed outside its shores. USA is the technology hub of the world, with its fame in silicon valley, The world's preeminent hub for technology, Silicon Valley is a byword for innovation. Today, it is home to the headquarters of many of the world's largest high-tech corporations, including more than thirty businesses in the Fortune 1000. The USA has the highest number of millionaires and billionaires, a testament to the innovative mindsets of Americans.

In terms of innovation and discovery, no country has more Nobel prizes than the USA. In showbiz Hollywood, California is the epicenter of entertainment in the world. USA colleges and universities are the best in the world.

in all of this is the USA's ability to manage its Allies and be able to galvanize support for its goal is worth stating,
The USA is the most powerful nation in the world, military, economic, and otherwise, and shouldn't be made to be in the same conversion as a regional power like Russia, which is known for there barbaric nature, and there ak47 which are favored by terrorist round the world.
I like Russia vodka thoi grin

I expected this answer, very typical of a Negropean who sees the world only through western lenses. All that you wrote are what I would expect from a narcissist when asked to praise himself. he will list negatives and try to pass them out as virtues, but you can only fool yourself and some people, but you can't fool everyone. I will address many of your points, and this post may be unbearably long, so hold on.

Most of all what you wrote is praising the US military over and over, but strength is not judged by your ability to destroy, but by your ability to build. This is a doctrine enshrined in the armed forces or martial arts, which is to be peaceful and not fight unless you are attacked. The US military has been an agony to the entire world. Out of the 245 years of US existence, it has been at war for 225 years. The US is a warmongering nation and survives by destroying other parts of the world.

You talked about aircraft carriers and used that as proof of their strength, but carriers are offensive, not defensive weapons. China, Russia, and the rest don't have to build many because they do not plan to go bomb the middle east or fight a battle somewhere in Africa. It's like saying a businessman is weak because he doesn't have an AK-47 gun like his neighbor who is a thief. The businessman doesn't need it because he doesn't plan to kill anyone.

About having the largest economy, I don't know where you have been lately, but the Chinese economy is bigger than the US owns in PPP. GDP is a bad way to measure the strength of an economy, any economist will tell you that. A coke might cost 1usd in new york, but in Nigeria, it's 0.40 cents, so GDP is not objective, and also when you judge a country's economy based on the currency of another country, then you will get a skewed result.

And about managing allies and garnering support, you got it wrong completely. The US is a hegemonic power, it doesn't have allies, it has vassals. Of course, what they call it is allies, but in reality, all their so-called allies are vassals. Allies by its very definition mean equal negotiating power, but the US has military bases in all its so-called allies, and the allies have no authority over the control of the bases in their territory. Do you think China that draws a redline that it would go to war if Taiwan hosted any US bases is stupid? Or does Russia that doesn't want the US bases in Ukraine mad?

It is because they know something you don't know, and it is that bases are the new colonial flags. Any country that has the US base by its very definition has lost its sovereignty. The Japanese have protested and protested for decades for the US to leave their country, but their protest is all in vain, is this what you call allies? They are slaves, not free independent countries.

And I will tell you what being powerful looks like. Being powerful is when you lift others up, not bring them down. It's when you build a country, not bomb them to the stone age. It's when you treat them like equal partners and do not interfere in their internal politics. It's when you respect their culture and do not call their countries shitholes. Strength doesn't go around the world colonizing people and displacing their populations all around the world.

Being powerful is when you grew from grass to grace without bombing a single country, or stealing from them, it's when you are not the source of misery and destruction to millions around the world. Strength is not when you sanction others to death, just because they refuse to bow to you. It's not when you force your lifestyle on others and force them to accept being gay, transexual, and all kinds of demonic sexual predation. Strength is peaceful, helpful, forgiving, self-standing, and whole.

Weakness is spiteful, destructive, amoral, manipulative, cunning, lack of self-introspection, blaming others for everything, having no responsibility, and can't stand on its own, to name a few. Like the greek philosopher said thousands of years ago, ''all cruelty stems from weakness'' - Seneca.

Now tell me honestly, between the US and other powers, I will put forth China, who is strong and who is weak? Which of these countries is showing strength by building infrastructures all around Africa? forgiving loans and giving free fertilizers? Which of these countries has harmed us down to over four hundred years ago? Which of them killed African leaders, enslaved us with debts, and corrupted our culture beyond repair? If you are honest with yourself, you will know the answer to this question.

A man that doesn't know his history is bound to repeat it, and with your mindset of ''west good, others bad'', you are the perfect negro the enemy likes. You have been defeated and accepted your defeat, there is nothing to you that seems threatening. I was actually expecting an organic response on how powerful the US is, and you copy pasted this nonsense, without originality. The US is a weak nation with nukes, thats all. Destruction is not strength, has never been, and will never will.

17 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Zelensky's Visit Shows Neither Ukraine Nor US Want Peace, Russia Says by obedience4(m): 5:06pm On Dec 25, 2022
pansophist:

I expected this answer, very typical of a Negropean who sees the world only through western lenses. All that you wrote are what I would expect from a narcissist when asked to praise himself. he will list negatives and try to pass them out as virtues, but you can only fool yourself and some people, but you can't fool everyone. I will address many of your points, and this post may be unbearably long, so hold on.

Most of all what you wrote is praising the US military over and over, but strength is not judged by your ability to destroy, but by your ability to build. This is a doctrine enshrined in the armed forces or martial arts, which is to be peaceful and not fight unless you are attacked. The US military has been an agony to the entire world. Out of the 245 years of US existence, it has been at war for 225 years. The US is a warmongering nation and survives by destroying other parts of the world.

You talked about aircraft carriers and used that as proof of their strength, but carriers are offensive, not defensive weapons. China, Russia, and the rest don't have to build many because they do not plan to go bomb the middle east or fight a battle somewhere in Africa. It's like saying a businessman is weak because he doesn't have an AK-47 gun like his neighbor who is a thief. The businessman doesn't need it because he doesn't plan to kill anyone.

About having the largest economy, I don't know where you have been lately, but the Chinese economy is bigger than the US owns in PPP. GDP is a bad way to measure the strength of an economy, any economist will tell you that. A coke might cost 1usd in new york, but in Nigeria, it's 0.40 cents, so GDP is not objective, and also when you judge a country's economy based on the currency of another country, then you will get a skewed result.

And about managing allies and garnering support, you got it wrong completely. The US is a hegemonic power, it doesn't have allies, it has vassals. Of course, what they call it is allies, but in reality, all their so-called allies are vassals. Allies by its very definition mean equal negotiating power, but the US has military bases in all its so-called allies, and the allies have no authority over the control of the bases in their territory. Do you think China that draws a redline that it would go to war if Taiwan hosted any US bases is stupid? Or does Russia that doesn't want the US bases in Ukraine mad?

It is because they know something you don't know, and it is that bases are the new colonial flags. Any country that has the US base by its very definition has lost its sovereignty. The Japanese have protested and protested for decades for the US to leave their country, but their protest is all in vain, is this what you call allies? They are slaves, not free independent countries.

And I will tell you what being powerful looks like. Being powerful is when you lift others up, not bring them down. It's when you build a country, not bomb them to the stone age. It's when you treat them like equal partners and do not interfere in their internal politics. It's when you respect their culture and do not call their countries shitholes. Strength doesn't go around the world colonizing people and displacing their populations all around the world.

Being powerful is when you grew from grass to grace without bombing a single country, or stealing from them, it's when you are not the source of misery and destruction to millions around the world. Strength is not when you sanction others to death, just because they refuse to bow to you. It's not when you force your lifestyle on others and force them to accept being gay, transexual, and all kinds of demonic sexual predation. Strength is peaceful, helpful, forgiving, self-standing, and whole.

Weakness is spiteful, destructive, amoral, manipulative, cunning, lack of self-introspection, blaming others for everything, having no responsibility, and can't stand on its own, to name a few. Like the greek philosopher said thousands of years ago, ''all cruelty stems from weakness'' - Seneca.

Now tell me honestly, between the US and other powers, I will put forth China, who is strong and who is weak? Which of these countries is showing strength by building infrastructures all around Africa? forgiving loans and giving free fertilizers? Which of these countries has harmed us down to over four hundred years ago? Which of them killed African leaders, enslaved us with debts, and corrupted our culture beyond repair? If you are honest with yourself, you will know the answer to this question.

A man that doesn't know his history is bound to repeat it, and with your mindset of ''west good, others bad'', you are the perfect negro the enemy likes. You have been defeated and accepted your defeat, there is nothing to you that seems threatening. I was actually expecting an organic response on how powerful the US is, and you copy pasted this nonsense, without originality. The US is a weak nation with nukes, thats all. Destruction is not strength, has never been, and will never will.

I stand to say I don't subscribe to the assumptions in your last post,..
You said something about the ability to build, and that military strength is judge by the ability to build and not to destroy, well sir the military wasn't created to give gifts to the less privileges, they were created to be the Nations mechanism for the enforcement of brutal force on enemies of the state.
You also condemned the USA military for be an instigator of war, the coming of the USA military change the tide in ww2 and there is a level of military movement and tensions in Europe not seen since the hay days of the ww2 and guess who is the current instigator mr Putin, Mr Putin in is wisdom decided to invaded a sovereign nation.
I see your point you raised on aircraft Carrier, do you know China is building two aircraft carrier's concurrently, with its newest Carrier undergoing trials seems you know more than Chinese war planners, the advantage of an aircraft Carrier can't be overemphasized. With airplane limited range, an aircraft Carrier, is needed to project airpower far from one shores. China is building artificial military installation around the south China sea, and tried to put an airbase around the Solomon island , you are telling me China is not expanding military.

And the America military bases are partnership between both the America and host countries.
Don't you know that the presence of military bases in south Korea is what is stopping the north from invading. The presence of American military is what is keeping Asia from total chaos..the same Russia you are telling me is good have the Wagner group in some Africa countries, mercenaries in Africa soil.

When did China start having interest in Africa, wasn't it just recently, and using recent example of China giving Africa countries Loans and then threatened to take over the country national assets.
I will refer you to do a quick search on USAID to Africa and se e the billions of dollars been pump into Africa from the USA, Nigeria is 2nd after Egypt as highest recipient of American aid.
During the latest pandemic what did Russia send to Africa?
Yet America, EU all sent aid.

Lastly you only responded to the military aspects of What I wrote about the USA, you don't response to the USA been the technology hub of the world, the Best in research and technology, best among the best in scientific Field, its educational status as having the best educational systems,..you said nothing about the innovative spirit of Americans how they have dominated the Nobel Price, how the USA economy is the most advance ,how the USA is the stock hub of the world..how the indices of the number of millions and billionaires in the USA, the amount of start up companies who are heavyweights.
All you what to agure is the USA military .
The Truth still remains the USA is the most advance and powerful Nation in the world,and it will remain so.
Re: Zelensky's Visit Shows Neither Ukraine Nor US Want Peace, Russia Says by pansophist(m): 10:17pm On Dec 25, 2022
obedience4 , See I am tired of responding to you. You keep shifting the goalpost and it feels like I am discussing with a rock. Although I will respond if there are people interested in my answers quote me. You are lost. I am not interested in making you see things because it is obvious you cant think for yourself, and speak from an ideology. Until then, merry Christmas.
Re: Zelensky's Visit Shows Neither Ukraine Nor US Want Peace, Russia Says by Otobong3374(m): 11:50pm On Dec 25, 2022
[quote author=pansophist post=119423128]

Useless Thread Useless Poster
Re: Zelensky's Visit Shows Neither Ukraine Nor US Want Peace, Russia Says by Nobody: 12:58am On Dec 26, 2022
pansophist:

This is literally what putards said 8 months ago.

(1) (Reply)

Zelensky Meets Ramaphosa at UN - "Africa Mission Working" (PICS) / Hamas Breaks Ceasefire Agreement And Refuses To Release Hostages, Israel Respond / In South Africa, One In Four Men Rape

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 134
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.