Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,181,780 members, 7,915,193 topics. Date: Thursday, 08 August 2024 at 05:58 PM

MASSOB Knocks FG Over Eastern Railway Project Cancellation - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / MASSOB Knocks FG Over Eastern Railway Project Cancellation (19261 Views)

Buhari Defends $1.9 Billion Nigeria-Niger Republic Railway Project / Concerns Over Eastern Line Railway Contract / FG Commences Ibadan-Kano Railway Project (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: MASSOB Knocks FG Over Eastern Railway Project Cancellation by Googledotcom: 12:25pm On Dec 24, 2022
Taiggarr:

Kitikpa gbuo nne gi ebe ahu!
You no serious.
Re: MASSOB Knocks FG Over Eastern Railway Project Cancellation by obembet(f): 12:37pm On Dec 24, 2022
Nazgul:

That's the sad truth...we have wicked and selfish leaders.

The whole SS and SE cannot boast of any federal government project there despite the fact that over 99.9% of Nigeria's oil comes from those regions.

No good road network, no rail way system, no working port, poor health care facilities, insecurity...etc. The only development Buhari can boast of in the SE is a few KM bridge that would be tolled. Is that what we should be jubilating about?

Jonathan was a nice fellow, but was weak and felt that dancing to the tune of the northerners would secure him a re-election. Unfortunately he was wrong.

We need a president from our region that would focus on growth and development of our region. If wike had won the PDP primaries, even though I'm an Igbo I would have voted him with all my strength cos I believe he wouldn't be intimidated by anyone and would develop our region.

Peter Obi is our best bet to bring development to the SS and SE. Enough of all this northerners. Nigeria doesn't belong to them.

All I want is the next president to be from south. Either Peter obi or Tinubu, both of them will do well. It will be a shame for us if another FULANI man rule us for another 8 yrs cos we Igbo and Yoruba hate ourselves.

See let pray for Tinubu and obi. One of them must win and they will do well.
Re: MASSOB Knocks FG Over Eastern Railway Project Cancellation by Masterito(m): 12:42pm On Dec 24, 2022
Just Google it
Golan007:
South east no get oil.

They should name the state in the South East that produces oil.

1 Like

Re: MASSOB Knocks FG Over Eastern Railway Project Cancellation by Nazgul: 12:59pm On Dec 24, 2022
obembet:

All I want is the next president to be from south. Either Peter obi or Tinubu, both of them will do well. It will be a shame for us if another FULANI man rule us for another 8 yrs cos we Igbo and Yoruba hate ourselves.

See let pray for Tinubu and obi. One of them must win and they will do well.
I don't hate Tinubu, he's a great politician.

My only fear about Tinubu is his health and how the northern cabals would use it as an advantage to highjack his government.

Once he starts his medical trips, the country's leadership would be fought over by his wife and the northern cabals, this act alone would spell Doom for we Southerners cos the north would want to steer his government to favour themselves.

1 Like

Re: MASSOB Knocks FG Over Eastern Railway Project Cancellation by jmichael259(m): 1:20pm On Dec 24, 2022
Golan007:
South east no get oil.
They should name the state in the South East that produces oil.
Imo is nigeria's largest onshore oil reserve. Imo is nigerga's 4th largest oil producer. Imo oil in iho-dimeze(1930's) was discovered before oloibiri of 1956.
Re: MASSOB Knocks FG Over Eastern Railway Project Cancellation by Panda7(m): 1:21pm On Dec 24, 2022
Save for the south east the other southern states would not need the nigerian interventions to build projects and it seems the nigerian house constitute mainly of the northern parliament.
Re: MASSOB Knocks FG Over Eastern Railway Project Cancellation by ebufa: 1:22pm On Dec 24, 2022
zoedew:
Typical! You make a project near impossible to do and turn around to complain about its cancellation!! Typical!!

no be idiocy dey worry you! who stopped second niger bridge? you people smoke whateva you smoke and come to this forum to type rubbish.........An igbo woman stella oduah started 5 airport terminals in Lagos,Abuja,kano,portharcourt and Enugu.....................today all the terminals have been commissioned except of course ENUGU! surprise! surprise!!...............I have always said it That it is that wicked nation called Nigeria ,that will eventually push Ndigbo out of the federation.......as far as I am concerned Obi is a mere distraction..............A time is coming when Ndigbo will unify as one unit and demand separation from the abominable Lugardian cage you people call nigeria.........when that time comes NIGERIA and nigerians will have no option but to let us go!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: MASSOB Knocks FG Over Eastern Railway Project Cancellation by toneroforever(m): 1:22pm On Dec 24, 2022
omonnakoda:
I am not a spokesman for the Yoruba . I have an opinion which may or not be correct

The Yoruba do not owe you or anyone any explanation for their political choices
Why

The Yoruba have never queried anyone's choices either. Vote for who you think serves your interest best we will not quarrel with it

Like I said Ijaws voted Shagari over Awolowo in 1979 and 1983 and also 1993 chose Tofa over Abiola

Yoruba did not EVER call them out or question their choice

It did not stop Yoruba voting Jonathan in 2011 . It had nothing to do with any SOUTH.
Did Ijaws vote Yoruba based on "South"? when they had a chance or choice?

So if Yoruba decide not to vote Jonathan in 2015 that is their choice and right. Why is that a problem for you? How is that a betrayal? Can you cheat on a woman that is not your wife or girlfriend?

Why was Tinubu & Yorubas saying it's the turn of the south after Buhari's tenure? He was simply trying to apply the principle of equity. But within the south,the SW felt it isn't necessary to apply such a principle that can ensure fairness. The south vote OBJ in 1999;GEJ in 2011 but in 2023, Tinubu/Yorubas introduced emilokan when it should be the turn of the Igbos.
U r entitled to whatever opinions u choose to have & I do not have any rights to question that. However my point is when people start treating u like u treat them, hope u won't complain.
Re: MASSOB Knocks FG Over Eastern Railway Project Cancellation by obembet(f): 1:54pm On Dec 24, 2022
Nazgul:

I don't hate Tinubu, he's a great politician.

My only fear about Tinubu is his health and how the northern cabals would use it as an advantage to highjack his government.

Once he starts his medical trips, the country's leadership would be fought over by his wife and the northern cabals, this act alone would spell Doom for we Southerners cos the north would want to steer his government to favour themselves.

I agree with you but it seems u don't know Tinubu better. Let just make sure in our little capacity that Obi or Tinubu win
Re: MASSOB Knocks FG Over Eastern Railway Project Cancellation by omonnakoda: 2:15pm On Dec 24, 2022
toneroforever:

Why was Tinubu & Yorubas saying it's the turn of the south after Buhari's tenure? He was simply trying to apply the principle of equity. But within the south,the SW felt it isn't necessary to apply such a principle that can ensure fairness. The south vote OBJ in 1999;GEJ in 2011 but in 2023, Tinubu/Yorubas introduced emilokan when it should be the turn of the Igbos.
U r entitled to whatever opinions u choose to have & I do not have any rights to question that. However my point is when people start treating u like u treat them, hope u won't complain.
Tinubu and Yorubas? or Tinubu and some Yorubas? Is Obasanjo not Yoruba? Is Adebanjo not Yoruba, Is Bode George Ibo ? Is Doyin Okugbe?. You are very selective in what you choose to hear or not hear
You quoted me but did not read
Why do the Yoruba owe YOU any explanation.
If they canvass your vote do not vote for them. They have every right to canvass
Am I Tinubu's spokesman?
I am not a spokesman for the Yoruba
Tinubu is a politician he has every right to play whatever politics he likes Some Yoruba will support him and some will not
No matter how you spin it with words

The bitter truth in 2023 is that an Ibo presidential candidate will not sell to Nigerians because of the Ibo attitude and behaviour over the last 8 years and most importantly we see Ibos refusing to take responsibility and trying to blame others. IPOB is the elephant in the room you want Nigerians to deceive themselves as you are. They can tell you support IPOB which has been spouting endless hate speech against everybody.
If you continue with the same toxic approach nothing will change you will get the same result till 3023 .
Ibos need first to take responsibility for the perception Nigerians have about them and make amends. Your legendary obstinacy and stronghead will not work

I am willing to bet that Obi will not come 3rd in the election

1 Like

Re: MASSOB Knocks FG Over Eastern Railway Project Cancellation by Nobody: 2:20pm On Dec 24, 2022
DenreleDave:

DID I LIED ?

YES YOU DID

1 Like

Re: MASSOB Knocks FG Over Eastern Railway Project Cancellation by omonnakoda: 2:21pm On Dec 24, 2022
jmichael259:

Imo is nigeria's largest onshore oil reserve.
Imo is nigerga's 4th largest oil producer.
Imo oil in iho-dimeze(1930's) was discovered before oloibiri of 1956.
Evidence?

1 Like

Re: MASSOB Knocks FG Over Eastern Railway Project Cancellation by barcaboi(m): 2:49pm On Dec 24, 2022
Googledotcom:
Rotimi Amaechi how far ?

Morale of the lesson: Stop betraying your kins men southerners. The north will not have a second look to betray you. Tinubu 's breakfast is around the corner.
Make una gtfo; destroy projects that will help ur people. Who suffers it?
Re: MASSOB Knocks FG Over Eastern Railway Project Cancellation by UNDFTD: 4:19pm On Dec 24, 2022
Googledotcom:
Rotimi Amaechi how far ?

Morale of the lesson: Stop betraying your kins men southerners. The north will not have a second look to betray you. Tinubu 's breakfast is around the corner.

Don't mind all these southern COWARDLY politicians who think that they are in a better position by licking Fulani a$$. Rotimi Amaechi would have to answer for his treachery against his own people on the day of reckoning!

1 Like

Re: MASSOB Knocks FG Over Eastern Railway Project Cancellation by omonnakoda: 4:24pm On Dec 24, 2022
UNDFTD:

Don't mind all these southern COWARDLY politicians who think that they are in a better position by licking Fulani a$$. Rotimi Amaechi would have to answer for his treachery against his own people on the day of reckoning!

Yes they should stop licking like they did in 1993

Re: MASSOB Knocks FG Over Eastern Railway Project Cancellation by UNDFTD: 4:29pm On Dec 24, 2022
omonnakoda:
Yes they should stop licking like they did in 1993

What's your point?
Re: MASSOB Knocks FG Over Eastern Railway Project Cancellation by omonnakoda: 4:42pm On Dec 24, 2022
UNDFTD:

What's your point?
Some people in the south have always licked

Look at the Map
THAT is my point
Re: MASSOB Knocks FG Over Eastern Railway Project Cancellation by UNDFTD: 4:45pm On Dec 24, 2022
omonnakoda:
Some people in the south have always licked

Look at the Map
THAT is my point

I am NOT talking about the voting pattern. Some STATES in the south VOTED for Fulanis, I get it but I am talking about politicians who are purposely working against their own people!
Re: MASSOB Knocks FG Over Eastern Railway Project Cancellation by omonnakoda: 4:49pm On Dec 24, 2022
UNDFTD:

I am NOT talking about the voting pattern. Some STATES in the south VOTED for Fulanis, I get it but I am talking about politicians who are purposely working against their own people!
States do not vote by magic. Politicians with structures do the work.
I AM talking about the voting pattern because it is objective reality NOT opinion or imagination; REALITY
The Ibos and Ijaws have always been willing tools of the Fulani

1 Like

Re: MASSOB Knocks FG Over Eastern Railway Project Cancellation by UNDFTD: 4:56pm On Dec 24, 2022
omonnakoda:
States do not vote by magic. Politicians with structures do the work.
I AM talking about the voting pattern because it is objective reality NOT opinion or imagination; REALITY
The Ibos and Ijaws have always been willing tools of the Fulani

I can't agree more with you. They have always been FOOLISH willing tools for the Fulanis!

1 Like

Re: MASSOB Knocks FG Over Eastern Railway Project Cancellation by jmichael259(m): 6:33pm On Dec 24, 2022
omonnakoda:
Evidence?

Following the ceding of Cross River wells to other states and retreiving of wells formerly claimed by Rivers state, Imo jumped from around 8th. Of course, this is subject to change as more wells are being located, ceded and receded across all states but you should get the point that igbo land is not a stranger to oil neither is it in negligible quantity.

Akwa Ibom, Rivers, Bayelsa etc depend on offshore locations on imaginary lines in the sea claimed as Nigerian territory and subsequently ceded to those states. Imo has Nigeria's largest oil reserve and only a minute fraction of it has been explored.
If you want to prove your doubt, go down and visit the oil producing communities. Don't just drive through onicha, owerre or umuahia deceiving yourself say you no see oil.
Re: MASSOB Knocks FG Over Eastern Railway Project Cancellation by omonnakoda: 6:36pm On Dec 24, 2022
jmichael259:

Imo is nigeria's largest onshore oil reserve.
Imo is nigerga's 4th largest oil producer.
Imo oil in iho-dimeze(1930's) was discovered before oloibiri of 1956.
omonnakoda:
Evidence?
jmichael259:

Following the ceding of Cross River wells to other states and retreiving of wells formerly claimed by Rivers state, Imo jumped from around 8th. Of course, this is subject to change as more wells are being located, ceded and receded across all states but you should get the point that igbo land is not a stranger to oil neither is it in negligible quantity.

Akwa Ibom, Rivers, Bayelsa etc depend on offshore locations on imaginary lines in the sea claimed as Nigerian territory and subsequently ceded to those states. Imo has Nigeria's largest oil reserve and only a minute fraction of it has been explored.
If you want to prove your doubt, go down and visit the oil producing communities. Don't just drive through onicha, owerre or umuahia deceiving yourself say you no see oil.
This is OPINION

I asked for evidence,clearly you have none
Re: MASSOB Knocks FG Over Eastern Railway Project Cancellation by jmichael259(m): 6:55pm On Dec 24, 2022
omonnakoda:

This is OPINION

I asked for evidence,clearly you have none

neither do you have any meaningful thing to say. I doubt you know any of those locations even on a map.
I wasn't the broadcaster nor analysts that read the news after the oil wells were returned to Imo during the last administrations. I can't carry the oil barrels on my head to show you neither am i interested in humoring you.
I stated what is known not necesarily what you should like. I have no opinion on who should have what oil neither do i care.
Re: MASSOB Knocks FG Over Eastern Railway Project Cancellation by omonnakoda: 7:04pm On Dec 24, 2022
jmichael259:

neither do you have any meaningful thing to say. I doubt you know any of those locations even on a map.
I wasn't the broadcaster nor analysts that read the news after the oil wells were returned to Imo during the last administrations. I can't carry the oil barrels on my head to show you neither am i interested in humoring you.
I stated what is known not necesarily what you should like. I have no opinion on who should have what oil neither do i care.
You introduce a statement about Imo State. Do you have any evidence to substantiate your claim?
Re: MASSOB Knocks FG Over Eastern Railway Project Cancellation by jmichael259(m): 7:11pm On Dec 24, 2022
omonnakoda:
You introduce a statement about Imo State. Do you have any evidence to substantiate your claim?

I am not Imo government so, i have no claim to the oil. Do you have any evidence to de-substantiate the info? For a start, apart from Imo, which state will be number one if it does not base on offshore rigs? HAVE A NICE DAY!
Re: MASSOB Knocks FG Over Eastern Railway Project Cancellation by omonnakoda: 7:13pm On Dec 24, 2022
jmichael259:

I am not Imo government so, i have no claim to the oil. Do you have any evidence to de-substantiate the info? For a start, apart from Imo, which state will be number one if it does not base on offshore rigs? HAVE A NICE DAY!
You sound illiterate and incapable of any rational cognitive output
Re: MASSOB Knocks FG Over Eastern Railway Project Cancellation by DeCleff(m): 8:01pm On Dec 24, 2022
Golan007:

I have told you your contribution to the purse is less than 2%.

Not enough for you to be making demands.

So how much is Kano and kaduna contributing to the national purse?

I am from the treasure base of the Nation and I believe you you know what we are contributing therefore the eastern rail line that connected South South States in south east States should be given the highest priority because we are the eagle that lays the egg.
Re: MASSOB Knocks FG Over Eastern Railway Project Cancellation by zoedew: 8:58pm On Dec 24, 2022
ebufa:

no be idiocy dey worry you! who stopped second niger bridge? you people smoke whateva you smoke and come to this forum to type rubbish.........An igbo woman stella oduah started 5 airport terminals in Lagos,Abuja,kano,portharcourt and Enugu.....................today all the terminals have been commissioned except of course ENUGU! surprise! surprise!!...............I have always said it That it is that wicked nation called Nigeria ,that will eventually push Ndigbo out of the federation.......as far as I am concerned Obi is a mere distraction..............A time is coming when Ndigbo will unify as one unit and demand separation from the abominable Lugardian cage you people call nigeria.........when that time comes NIGERIA and nigerians will have no option but to let us go!
Your points would have been well made except that it is typically abusive and garbed in the insultive! Baba Achebe was right about the Igbo when he famously said….”There is no doubt at all that there is a strand in contemporary Igbo behavior that can offend; by its noisy exhibitionism and disregard for humility and quietness."
Re: MASSOB Knocks FG Over Eastern Railway Project Cancellation by Dukeofotukpo(m): 9:02pm On Dec 24, 2022
nony43:

Who gave? Please mention a project Buhari started and finished in SE. Ok he gave and he is tolling it

reconstruction of the Runway of the Akanu Ibiam International Airport

There is also the rehabilitation of Old Enugu-Port harcourt Road (Agbogugu-Abia Border Spur to Mmaku); rehabilitation of Nsukka-Obollo-Ikem-Ehamufu-Nkalagu Road in Enugu; rehabilitation of Owerri-Umuahia Road Sections I, II & III Imo/Abia and rehabilitation of Oba-Nnewi-Okigwe Road.
Re: MASSOB Knocks FG Over Eastern Railway Project Cancellation by Dukeofotukpo(m): 9:03pm On Dec 24, 2022
toneroforever:

Ur mentality speaks volumes. He built a bridge for the SE from his personal finances I guess

Was is it Jonathan finances ? Buh he failed to deliver on it
Re: MASSOB Knocks FG Over Eastern Railway Project Cancellation by ebufa: 10:28pm On Dec 24, 2022
zoedew:

Your points would have been well made except that it is typically abusive and garbed in the insultive! Baba Achebe was right about the Igbo when he famously said….”There is no doubt at all that there is a strand in contemporary Igbo behavior that can offend; by its noisy exhibitionism and disregard for humility and quietness."

Humility in servitude abi in silence.........Your soldiers shot and killed extra judicially over 160 unarmed IPOB members on May 30th 2016 at Nkpor near onitsha.........I was on a trip to buy building materials ( at ogidi building materials market) for my home construction in Eneka port Harcourt, I was staying at my cousins's 4th floor apartment,from that vantage point I watched as an Army truck stopped a group of innocent bystanders and opened fire on them without warning......even if those people were members of IPOB,why murder them in such a fashion........whatever patriotic feelings I had for Nigeria died that day..........................there is something fundamentally wrong with a nation where such impunity can take place without any sense of national outrage! Same nonsense happened at the Lekki toll gate.........today the so called free press have been used to die the matter! Truth is that fulanis have been given so much latitude to crap on everyone.........Ndigbo will not endure such for long!

1 Like

Re: MASSOB Knocks FG Over Eastern Railway Project Cancellation by nony43(m): 1:03am On Dec 25, 2022
Dukeofotukpo:

reconstruction of the Runway of the Akanu Ibiam International Airport

There is also the rehabilitation of Old Enugu-Port harcourt Road (Agbogugu-Abia Border Spur to Mmaku); rehabilitation of Nsukka-Obollo-Ikem-Ehamufu-Nkalagu Road in Enugu; rehabilitation of Owerri-Umuahia Road Sections I, II & III Imo/Abia and rehabilitation of Oba-Nnewi-Okigwe Road.

You see the Abia parts ,go there and see for yourself I can’t speak for others.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Asari-Dokubo To MEND: Don’t Start A Religious Crisis In Nigeria / TMG Dissociate Self From Presidential Debates, Accuse Organizers Of Fraud / Angela Merkel Set To Visit Nigeria, Other West African Nations On Wednesday

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.