Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,191,460 members, 7,944,285 topics. Date: Monday, 09 September 2024 at 01:56 PM

Farming Or Relocating Abroad - Agriculture (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Farming Or Relocating Abroad (12108 Views)

Should I Stay Home And Start Goat Farming Or I Should Travel To Poland / Are You Into Fish Farming Or Starting A Fish Farming Buisness? (catfish) / Rabbit Farming Or Fish Farming (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Farming Or Relocating Abroad by Kelvin3476: 10:36am On Jan 03, 2023
IamAsiri:

Try your plantation for a year now, after which you can then decide whether or not you want to relocate. If the place is secure from bandits, herdsmen and thieves, what then is stopping you from trying it out?
THE PROBLEM IS WEDA HIS OWN LIFE IS PROTECTED TOO
Re: Farming Or Relocating Abroad by yemmit90: 10:42am On Jan 03, 2023
Zerofarm:
Hello Nairalander,

I need your suggestion and advice because I just acquired 7 hectares of land for plantain farming in ekiti which will be planted by February next year, the place is secured and free from bandits or herdsmen but everybody is telling me to do relocation instead of farming even though I’ve invested up to 4 million naira into this project because I love Agric….

Please which one is the best advice for me right now as I know how I can make it big by planting up to 10,000 suckers of plantain on this land and get the return in a year, is there market for large production of plantain?

Mods please help me to push this to front page as this is my only option of surviving

If it sure you will get good job and where to comfortable stay abroad, I will advise you to move and use your land to plant cocoa or Cashew. 7 hectare of land is huge, cocoa or Cashew will give you income 5 years from now till the rest of your life without much problems like plantain. Another advantage is market, you sell your cocoa or Cashew at international standards price compare to plantain that those local sellers will cheat the hell out of you especially when they see it too many for you to handle(being highly perishable

Unlike cocoa and Cashew, your number one enemy would be thieves, Wind and farm workers. These 3 are capable to completely destroy your business or farm.

Finally, if you are not ready to become a villager and monitor your farm, don't invest n plantain farming.

3 Likes

Re: Farming Or Relocating Abroad by opera1(m): 10:50am On Jan 03, 2023
Zerofarm:

Are you sure there’s somewhere I can sell plantain or pineapple in a large scale ?

I kno people that do make millions of money from Pineapple farming alone at EDO state.
There's already made market for pineapple, pawpaw and plantain at Abuja

2 Likes

Re: Farming Or Relocating Abroad by styles2009: 11:21am On Jan 03, 2023
Zerofarm:
Someone is telling me to plant pineapple again instead of plantain see all this thing na market where will I sell them
Not just the planting but the end product, can you share, how much it cost for the 7 hectares in Ekiti?

1 Like

Re: Farming Or Relocating Abroad by styles2009: 11:26am On Jan 03, 2023
If you travel, it would take you 3yrs or more to be stable and find your foot there, weather, work, career, study, networking, micro aggression etc.
You can't run a farm from afar.
IMHO, I'm sticking with that 7 hectares and increasing it with 1-2 every year for the next 10yrs.

2 Likes

Re: Farming Or Relocating Abroad by donogaga(m): 11:48am On Jan 03, 2023
Praisepriest:
If you get the tricks and logic right, you will reap double millions the following year. With good management and smart work. You will be richer than japa people. Person wey travel and we wey dey here, na money we are both looking for.

You don't know what you are talking about bro.

Do you know how much I make weekly over here? If I mention it, you will be shocked.

Naija isn't it. It's not a friendly place and hard work isn't really appreciated over there.

1 Like

Re: Farming Or Relocating Abroad by donogaga(m): 11:49am On Jan 03, 2023
styles2009:
If you travel, it would take you 3yrs or more to be stable and find your foot there, weather, work, career, study, networking, micro aggression etc.
You can't run a farm from afar.
IMHO, I'm sticking with that 7 hectares and increasing it with 1-2 every year for the next 10yrs.

That's not absolutely true Sir.

I am talking from personal experience.
Re: Farming Or Relocating Abroad by seyoops4u: 11:53am On Jan 03, 2023
biko, ask God for direction. I think that would be your best bet on this.

so that later, it would like they say they say ooo
Zerofarm:
Hello Nairalander,

I need your suggestion and advice because I just acquired 7 hectares of land for plantain farming in ekiti which will be planted by February next year, the place is secured and free from bandits or herdsmen but everybody is telling me to do relocation instead of farming even though I’ve invested up to 4 million naira into this project because I love Agric….

Please which one is the best advice for me right now as I know how I can make it big by planting up to 10,000 suckers of plantain on this land and get the return in a year, is there market for large production of plantain?

Mods please help me to push this to front page as this is my only option of surviving
Re: Farming Or Relocating Abroad by Nezzjnr: 12:52pm On Jan 03, 2023
SuyaEater:
My brother abroad no be beans, invest in agriculture. Dangote didn't get rich by going abroad. You will never be rich in abroad cuz all the money you make you end up giving it back because of beans.
Dangote had structures in place that were in his favour
Re: Farming Or Relocating Abroad by Nezzjnr: 12:56pm On Jan 03, 2023
Better relocate.

You think it's easy running a Farm in Nigeria??
Issues from workers
Thefts
Insecurity

The Main issue is even selling.... That one can damage someone for Months

1 Like

Re: Farming Or Relocating Abroad by AgroDoctor: 1:09pm On Jan 03, 2023
Zerofarm:
Someone is telling me to plant pineapple again instead of plantain see all this thing na market where will I sell them

You need a qualified agro practitioner to consult for you. If you do that, then you will realize that you do not even have enough produce to meet the demand in the market. The market is just too large and what you want to produce is a dot in the market. Hire me as your agro consultant and see what will come out from that land in the next one year max.

By the way, with low budget, we will set up a micro processing mill in that same land. That is where the wealth in Agribusiness is saturated (agro-food Processing)- value addition.

You can WhatsApp me on zero-eight-zero six four, four one, nine three, nine eight
Re: Farming Or Relocating Abroad by papapchi(m): 1:34pm On Jan 03, 2023
Engage in farming back home brother.
Re: Farming Or Relocating Abroad by eljp(m): 4:47pm On Jan 03, 2023
Good Analysis, do you have any idea on Pawpaw Farming in Nigeria?

sedulus:
Please Read this above income analysis for Plantain Farming business you will seriously be glad for venturing into such business....Please Call us after reading call � 08120757274 08057761905

NO Consultant Can Tell You This !
PROFIT ANALYSIS PER ACRE OF PLANTAIN FARM INVESTMENT.
When u plant 900 At most 950 should incase of mortality rate ...
We expect 900 Pieces To Harvest.
Now We All Understood that 12 Pieces Means One Dozen .
900 ÷ 12 = 75 Dozen Is What One Acre Will Produce .
Market Women With Oyo state Price Buy Per Dozen For N8000 Per Dozen.
Now , What ur One Acre Produces After Getting planting Of 900 is 75 Dozen...Now Let Do The Mathematics.
75 Dozen x N8000 = N600,000.00k Is What One Acre Will Produce . Now multiply N600k by 17.5 = N10,500,000.00k I what u will be realising
Terms & Conditions Apply .
1. No Uniform Harvest
2. No Equal Friuting Sizes
3. No Instant Profit .
4. No Instant( RIO )
5. No Uniform Harvest.

ADVANTAGE.
1. Annual Income Qurantee
2. No Reinvestment Capital
3. Continuous Return Of Investment For 10Years Without Another Capital Been Needed
4. No Annual Management Process.... unlike the first planting year .
Re: Farming Or Relocating Abroad by frozen70(f): 5:29pm On Jan 03, 2023
Zerofarm:
Hello Nairalander,

If you have the will power to relocate, pls do so
By the time you make your money, you build houses and put it into renting

That plantation you are talking about, well you be there to supervise it or you will kerp some one there
Then the next thing is story upon story
Re: Farming Or Relocating Abroad by Ayo8(m): 6:01pm On Jan 03, 2023
Zerofarm:
Hello Nairalander,

Passion and survival are 2 different things… I’ll advise you choose wisely. Farming in Nigeria, expect some disappointments … it’s a constant. You’ll definitely meet one.
Re: Farming Or Relocating Abroad by edrys(m): 10:49pm On Jan 03, 2023
ednut1:
Looks like you know nothing about the plantain you wan plant self. Is that not a potential waste of money

Please shed more light.
Re: Farming Or Relocating Abroad by Ifakiland(m): 4:22pm On Jan 04, 2023
hahn:

Lol.

Obviously you have already forgotten your new year resolution to try to make sense when you speak.

Since you have started this year with stupidity it is obvious the rest of your year is going to be as unproductive as your entire life.

Sucks to be you grin
Poor man, japa if e easy for you....ewu South east
Re: Farming Or Relocating Abroad by hahn(m): 8:04pm On Jan 04, 2023
Ifakiland:

Poor man, japa if e easy for you....ewu South east

You don manage borrow data? grin
Re: Farming Or Relocating Abroad by Zerofarm: 10:16pm On Jan 04, 2023
I really appreciate everybody advice’s
Mods should help move this topic to front page to get more idea

Lalasticlala seun
Re: Farming Or Relocating Abroad by Yeecar(m): 7:21pm On Jan 05, 2023
Zerofarm:
Hello Nairalander,

Agricultural business is very lucrative, Most expecially Mushroom production business.
If you need more information you can contact me.
Re: Farming Or Relocating Abroad by Enibalomo: 10:12am On Jan 06, 2023
I will advice you to do your farm,on 7 hectares I planted 11,500 suckers and fortunately for me 10000 survive and I was able to sell @1000 per bunch making 10m I’ve harvested twice on the land so it’s your choice

Lalasticlala seun move this to front page

1 Like

Re: Farming Or Relocating Abroad by Enibalomo: 12:06pm On Jan 06, 2023
Now imagine me having like 7 hectares in 5 places that’s 50m per year but all of you will see small money and start running to abroad to become slave to the whites smh it’s easier to become billionaire in Naira then travel around the world or even go give birth there come back
Re: Farming Or Relocating Abroad by Zerofarm: 3:46pm On Jan 07, 2023
Lalasticlala
Re: Farming Or Relocating Abroad by Ifakiland(m): 6:47pm On Jan 07, 2023
hahn:

You don manage borrow data? grin
Lol werey, if I show you my account balance, you fir Enter depression....smh
Re: Farming Or Relocating Abroad by amadasunfarm(m): 1:04am On Jan 08, 2023
Re: Farming Or Relocating Abroad by hahn(m): 8:28am On Jan 08, 2023
Ifakiland:

Lol werey, if I show you my account balance, you fir Enter depression....smh

You don borrow data again grin
Re: Farming Or Relocating Abroad by Zerofarm: 10:22am On Feb 02, 2023
Lalasticlala
Re: Farming Or Relocating Abroad by Zerofarm: 9:15am On Mar 14, 2023
Front page topic
Re: Farming Or Relocating Abroad by Xturf: 11:43pm On Mar 14, 2023
I don't know if you traveled out. If you did thats the best. If you didn't please leave. Don't be trapped
Zerofarm:
Hello Nairalander,

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

How To Start A Catfish Farming Business / Ask Me What You Want To Know About Snail,grasscutter Fish And Processing Machine / World Coconut Day: Lagos To Empower 5,000 Entrepreneurs

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.