Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,952 members, 7,890,148 topics. Date: Monday, 15 July 2024 at 10:02 AM

4 Options Gej Has - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 4 Options Gej Has (3205 Views)

ACN/CPC Merger To Oust GEJ Has Paid Off Once Again. Congrats To Tinubu & Yorubas / Nightmares On Benin-ore Road Before Goodluck's Tenure; See What GEJ Has Done! / Things That GEJ Has Done In Your City/state In 2 Years (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

4 Options Gej Has by isleman(m): 11:50am On Sep 02, 2011
Sequel to the ongoing bombings in Nigeria which had never been in its history of existence, many had said it is politically motivated, some said its an attempt to derail and frustrate President Jonathan's Administration. Nevertheless, one thing remained constant, BOMBING.

Those who said Nigeria would disintegrate by 2015 get it very wrong and inaccurate as this might take place sooner than the said period at current spate of the bombings. How much bombing can Nigerians take?

In this spite IMO, GEJ has 4 options.

1. Just keep quiet as usual and allow the bombing to continue. When those whoever are behind get tired or run out of supply, they will probably stop (many more innocent lives would be lost).

2. React and take action - This will engage him for his whole tenure because of the likes and volume of people he might be confronting which will marvel him and at the end it all, he will be judged to have done nothing through out his tenure and endanger the chance of the South-South producing future president.

3. Resign - which i can bet my life on it that it will be over his dead body.

4. Separate Nigeria into North and South Peacefully- This is an unstoppable, looming event with clear evidences. He GEJ will be a hero if he does this peacefully. It will go down record as hardly had there been disintegration of a country without violence and blood-shed.

I have said it before and would say it again. Nigeria is an unwanted relationship that led to and unwanted marriage. I any marriage where one person is aiming the life of the other partner, the solution is called DIVORCE. this simple solution does its job without blood-shed.

Those who try to stop the disintegration cause it to happen. Make a random sampling. Many Nigerians want it but are either afraid to say it or diplomatic about it.

What is your opinion?
Re: 4 Options Gej Has by Desola(f): 11:57am On Sep 02, 2011
Exsqeeze me pls! There is no north and south! There is North, East and West! If he creates Northern Nigeria, then he must create Eastern and Western Nigeria and perhaps Niger Delta!

Me I no fit live with Okoro in another marriage of the South o. Make we all head to our tent o, ehen!
Re: 4 Options Gej Has by isleman(m): 12:11pm On Sep 02, 2011
Desola:

Exsqeeze me pls! There is no north and south! There is North, East and West! If he creates Northern Nigeria, then he must create Eastern and Western Nigeria and perhaps Niger Delta!

Me I no fit live with Okoro in another marriage of the South o. Make we all head to our tent o, ehen!

I believe the south still share a lot in common. Christianity joins east and west together and also with south. besides, if the south disintegrate further, it will become very weak to oppose any northern threat.
Re: 4 Options Gej Has by dustydee: 12:14pm On Sep 02, 2011
How will dividing Nigeria stop the bombings if we can't stop it now?
Re: 4 Options Gej Has by Desola(f): 12:23pm On Sep 02, 2011
isleman:

I believe the south still share a lot in common. Christianity joins east and west together and also with south. besides, if the south disintegrate further, it will become very weak to oppose any northern threat.

We obviously see this issue from different perspective. I for one, I'm not pro_Nigeria and don't see the North as a threat. I however see the ibos as a threat in my region and look at them as the enemy so you see, we can't fight a common cause. The West is still predominantly muslims although we live harmoniously with other religions but to say because we have xtians in our midst equate to having more in common with the East not totally true. We also share some similarities with the North, heck! We even have our people in the North (ie Kwara and Kogi).

Bottomline is that there is no south and we don't have a common enemy! It is also worth noting that the north so far are only bombing themselves so why bother?
Re: 4 Options Gej Has by isleman(m): 12:25pm On Sep 02, 2011
dustydee:

How will dividing Nigeria stop the bombings if we can't stop it now?

There had been previous evidences, but resulting to bombing only shows how much north and south cant bear each other. It had never happened before at least not at this rate. Why now?

I love Nigeria, but i love peace and progress more. Bombing is the last thing i can bear, it brings unrest and retards progress.
Re: 4 Options Gej Has by gokuu(m): 12:28pm On Sep 02, 2011
Desola:

We obviously see this issue from different perspective. I for one, I'm not pro_Nigeria and don't see the North as a threat. I however see the ibos as a threat in my region and look at them as the enemy so you see, we can't fight a common cause. The West is still predominantly muslims although we live harmoniously with other religions but to say because we have xtians in our midst equate to having more in common with the East not totally true. We also share some similarities with the North, heck! We even have our people in the North (ie Kwara and Kogi).

Bottomline is that there is no south and we don't have a common enemy! It is also worth noting that the north so far are only bombing themselves so why bother?
are u suggesting that muslims are more than christians in the SW? if so, then u are not in touch with reality, cos christians out weigh muslims by far in the SW!
Re: 4 Options Gej Has by isleman(m): 12:35pm On Sep 02, 2011
Desola:

We also share some similarities with the North, heck! We even have our people in the North (ie Kwara and Kogi).

I agree with your view, but do we have to wait till they bomb other regions, it used to be Borno, now Abuja, news of similar threat in Lagos today, East etc. for how long shall we live in fear a terror.

Ever since the civil war, Igbos and Hausas had had scores to settle, other tribes amidst had been the mediator and prevention for another uproar. believe me you, that is the reason why we don't have an Igbo president - because the north believe they will take their pound of flesh back and they continuously suppress the east.

That is why i feel IMO that the fracas is between north and east mainly, others are just on queue. So separating into north and south should be fair if not wise.
Re: 4 Options Gej Has by isleman(m): 12:39pm On Sep 02, 2011
gokuu:

are u suggesting that muslims are more than christians in the SW? if so, then u are not in touch with reality, cos christians out weigh muslims by far in the SW!

I don't have the figure, but when i take a random sample my ex-school mates and friends, i count 90% Muslims. maybe i and e a bad count but it seems there are more Muslims.
Re: 4 Options Gej Has by Desola(f): 12:39pm On Sep 02, 2011
gokuu:

You can't use Lagos as a yardstick to measure this. Just because your people and others from the SS region reside in Lagos does not translate to the West being predominantly xtians. Majority of those in Yorubaland are muslims, followed by xtians and of course atheists.

We have to agree to disagree. Moreover, you're ibo.
Re: 4 Options Gej Has by gokuu(m): 12:51pm On Sep 02, 2011
Desola:

You can't use Lagos as a yardstick to measure this. Just because your people and others from the SS region reside in Lagos does not translate to the West being predominantly xtians. Majority of those in Yorubaland are muslims, followed by xtians and of course atheists.

We have to agree to disagree. Moreover, you're ibo.

Nope, u got it wrong! U cannot use kwara as a yardstick! Even the members of RCCG alone out weigh the entire muslim population in SW! The only place where islam is pronounces is in oyo state. Get ur facts right, christians dominates in the SW.
Re: 4 Options Gej Has by gokuu(m): 1:01pm On Sep 02, 2011
Desola:

from ur posts, i suffice to say that u are not afraid of the SE/SS people, rather u are affraid of their ability to christainize the proposed 'southern Nigeria'! I guess u are a muslim and its understandable that you would not want to be in the minority. Hence, u decided to hide under the ethnic umbrella!
Re: 4 Options Gej Has by hakanai(m): 1:09pm On Sep 02, 2011
Desola:

^^^^Couldn't have being more realistic.Why make an enemy of a neighbor when you could ordinary look for common interest in the future as separate countries.That brings me to my favorite conclusion.The Yorubas have always being the best.During the war,before the war and in democracy.they just know how to play the "no permanent foe or friend" concept.When they need what they want, they know just go to liase with any section of the country to do that.They are friends and foes to every region and still keep a diverse religious group harmonious society than any other.
On the other hand the Igbos and ND pick a foe and choose not to in anyway dialogue.They want to hide behind a front to give them the numbers to treaten the North as there permanent enemy.funny goons.We see what you do and we think to.while you keep planning we also are ready.You can't retaliate the civil war cos your people caused it period.They got mostly what they deserve.While i despise the killings of your civilian populace in the north.I also condemn such and sympathies with the families that grief.I believe strongly in meeting violence with violence if  such reaches my door steps.But attacking the innocent, i will never hope to be a part or witness to.

isleman:

^^^ you see while the SE,SS use religion to decide friends and foes.The Yoruba priority is tribe and then maybe religion.Thats why they have more peace than any region.Lastly they are not fools.Why fight someone if you could have better ways to go about it without a war.The SS and SE believe beating the drums of war always treatens anybody.Until you try it first before you know better.

Desola:

Abi!!!! Even in the North things may turn out different.At the end i would prefer if we go that way let it be for a stronger and united people like the SW.
Re: 4 Options Gej Has by isleman(m): 1:37pm On Sep 02, 2011
gokuu:

from your posts, i suffice to say that u are not afraid of the SE/SS people, rather u are affraid of their ability to christainize the proposed 'southern Nigeria'! I guess u are a muslim and its understandable that you would not want to be in the minority. Hence, u decided to hide under the ethnic umbrella!

Am not afraid of anything or anybody and in as much as i am not against any religion, i am not a Muslim. Never had Christians want to Christianize any region or country. The strength of Christians lies in more and stronger churches.

I only believe the dispute among the south is caused by the Northern oppression and in attempt to hold on to power. If the south is left alone, we can find common grounds and besides we are not religion extremists.

If course if ant region feels inferior or unsatisfied, they may secede, as far as its peaceful.

I have spoken to many southerners and they really don not support south only secede as it would be very deadly in the south owing to what some big guns have in terms of money, ammunition, soldiers etc
Re: 4 Options Gej Has by Desola(f): 1:38pm On Sep 02, 2011
gokuu:

from your posts, i suffice to say that u are not afraid of the SE/SS people, rather u are affraid of their ability to christainize the proposed 'southern Nigeria'! I guess u are a muslim and its understandable that you would not want to be in the minority. Hence, u decided to hide under the ethnic umbrella!

There problem with your ilk is that you know virtually nothing but beat your chest that you know more. I understand your ignorance about Yorubaland so I wouldn't indulge you. For the record, however, I am a proud christian and wouldn't change to Islam for all the money in the world. I wouldn't however allow my religious orientation to becloud facts as they are on the ground. The West can never and would never be xtianized or Islamized. We are too enlightened for that nonsense!
Re: 4 Options Gej Has by DrummaBoy(m): 1:49pm On Sep 02, 2011
When young Nigerians begin talking of seccesion and are deeply tribalistic like this, I fear for this nation's future.
Re: 4 Options Gej Has by brixton: 1:57pm On Sep 02, 2011
I am from Edo state but own properties in Lagos,Abuja and Kaduna. Now tell me how such disinter=gration can make me happy? I pray and hope for speady solution to this new menace in the north.
Re: 4 Options Gej Has by ak47mann(m): 2:14pm On Sep 02, 2011
look them tribalist bastard don come again, don't blame you all, is in your genetic make ups your father killed so why cant innocent blood affect their children are they god? see people that love blood suicide bombers and their supporter look at them, cool abeg make Jonathan hurry brake this useless union Yoruba go Hausa bye bye igbo  bye bye make we have our boundaries Nigeria is getting more dangerous everyday GEJ should try his best if that didn't work he should divide the yeye country make we hear word i dont care which or which wont survive cos they got nothing they should use their Brian after all western world got nothing but they use their head a lot look at Libya now begging them to release there money gadaffi printed in London and oyibo just sent the money to them yesterday, billions of Libya money,are u lot telling me that Libyans cant print there own money? so that will tell you their is different b/w O and o alright same as Nigeria everybody should find there way if u no get anything use your head and generate wealth's yeye people cheesy cheesy
Re: 4 Options Gej Has by kpogede77: 2:18pm On Sep 02, 2011
I am sick and tired of this Yoruba and Igbo rivalry on NL .
@ Desola
I hope you have not added Uromila and Shango worshipers to the muslim you are talking about.
Even the blind knows that Igbos and every other group in the south have a lot in common. We are agitating for regional government for convenience not because Igbos are our problem. In fact Igbos will help to develop our economy. The best formula is to have southern Nigeria as a country with two republic like the UK. Will you want Oduduwa republic to form regional government N Afganistan? If yes then you are a Fulani person. All the big churches in town are owned by Yorubas. The population of Winners alone is more than 2000 mosque put together. Moreover , Yorubas are not true muslim. A lot of them in Warri here celebrate x-mass and salah, do every thing we do
Re: 4 Options Gej Has by ak47mann(m): 2:20pm On Sep 02, 2011
brixton:

I am from Edo state but own properties in Lagos,Abuja and Kaduna. Now tell me how such disinter=gration can make me happy? I pray and hope for speady solution to this new menace in the north.
as i said b4 you can sell you properties now and start building houses in edo state earlier the better look at my people the own properties all Lagos and Abuja and am telling them the same now b4 is too late look UK and American embassies have closed in Abuja this is a sign better start thinking fast cool
Re: 4 Options Gej Has by Desola(f): 2:37pm On Sep 02, 2011
Kpogede,

Seems you have more in common with the ibos so by all means, pitch your tent with them.

It is really sad that a few of you now gauge the religious population in the west by RCCG and winners. How myopic! I hope you know that these churches are multi ethnic even though headed by Yorubas.

Common sense is very common so I implore you to take advantage of it to the fullest.
Re: 4 Options Gej Has by brixton: 2:46pm On Sep 02, 2011
ak47mann:

as i said b4 you can sell you properties now and start building houses in edo state earlier the better look at my people the own properties all Lagos and Abuja and am telling them the same now b4 is too late look UK and American embassies have closed in Abuja this is a sign better start thinking fast cool

I will stick to the option of owning properties in a foriegn country. I will be a landlord in Boko Rupublic. cool cool cool
Re: 4 Options Gej Has by ak47mann(m): 2:50pm On Sep 02, 2011
brixton:

I will stick to the option of owning properties in a foriegn country. I will be a landlord in Boko Rupublic. cool cool cool
grin grin and boko haram will keep up with the rent too,
Re: 4 Options Gej Has by gokuu(m): 3:12pm On Sep 02, 2011
kpogede77:

I am sick and tired of this Yoruba and Igbo rivalry on NL .
@ Desola
I hope you have not added Uromila and Shango worshipers to the muslim you are talking about.
Even the blind knows that Igbos and every other group in the south have a lot in common. We are agitating for regional government for convenience not because Igbos are our problem. In fact Igbos will help to develop our economy. The best formula is to have southern Nigeria as a country with two republic like the UK. Will you want Oduduwa republic to form regional government N Afganistan? If yes then you are a Fulani person. All the big churches in town are owned by Yorubas. The population of Winners alone is more than 2000 mosque put together. Moreover , Yorubas are not true muslim. A lot of them in Warri here celebrate x-mass and salah, do every thing we do
i don't really know what desola's problem is but i'm quite astonished at her recent statements, its evident she knows nothing about development! Honestly, yhis is the first time i'm hearing that muslims are more than christains in the SW. even ibadan where islam is strong always stand-still on sundays! Catholic, anglican, methodist, baptist, RCCG, deeper life, winners, the list is endless. Not to talk of the muslims that are converted on daily basis.
Re: 4 Options Gej Has by isleman(m): 3:23pm On Sep 02, 2011
DrummaBoy:

When young Nigerians begin talking of seccesion and are deeply tribalistic like this, I fear for this nation's future.

Am not that young, previous experiences tells me its high time.
Re: 4 Options Gej Has by isleman(m): 3:26pm On Sep 02, 2011
brixton:

As a business man, you should know better, business goes where it is invited. If multimillion dollars company like econet, vodafone, celtel have pack and leave Nigeria, yours shouldn't be a problem.

See from the writing on the wall and decide. Besides, secession shouldn't affect your properties.
Re: 4 Options Gej Has by isleman(m): 3:30pm On Sep 02, 2011
I still think North and south is good for a start. I don't really have problems with Igbos or SS, the beast in them was brought out by the northern oppressors. left alone, they are gentle people. they've been gentle since 1960.
Re: 4 Options Gej Has by ak47mann(m): 4:05pm On Sep 02, 2011
isleman:

I still think North and south is good for a start. I don't really have problems with Igbos or SS, the beast in them was brought out by the northern oppressors. left alone, they are gentle people. they've been gentle since 1960.
smiley smiley smiley wise man
Re: 4 Options Gej Has by dempeople(m): 4:23pm On Sep 02, 2011
[size=13pt]@Desola baby[/size],

My dear long time. Na wa for u oo.

Upon all the loff I have for u, na so u still dee treat me? SMDH! Why do u hate Ndigbo na? We're better-off with a Southern Nigerian republic than anything else. Its the only option we have.

kiss wink
Re: 4 Options Gej Has by abouzaid: 5:49pm On Sep 02, 2011
The earlier we join hands and build nigeria,the better for us. No country breaks up peacefully, and our own military conflict will last decades.GEJ should choose the option of ignoring the boko haram fools and start implementing serious development policies in this country. Unfortunately i am not ready to participate in any war of secession
Re: 4 Options Gej Has by ak47mann(m): 6:14pm On Sep 02, 2011
abouzaid:

The earlier we join hands and build nigeria,the better for us. No country breaks up peacefully, and our own military conflict will last decades.GEJ should choose the option of ignoring the boko haram fools and start implementing serious development policies in this country. Unfortunately i am not ready to participate in any war of secession
How can he do that if there is no peace?
Re: 4 Options Gej Has by jamace(m): 6:44pm On Sep 02, 2011
This is the time for GEJ to offend the political godfathers for the sake of Nigeria.
Decisive actions should be taken against Boko Haram and their sponsors without fear or favour.

If that does not solve the issue, then GEJ should call for negotiations on how the country will disintergrate peacefully.

GEJ must NOT step down for any i.diot.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

How The Police Used ‘strategic Insecurity’ In Sokoto State’s Election / Who Will Swear In Nyesom Wike? / Barcanista Was Right After All.......Tinubu See Your Life

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.