Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,201,385 members, 7,978,236 topics. Date: Thursday, 17 October 2024 at 11:00 PM

4 Options Gej Has - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 4 Options Gej Has (3231 Views)

ACN/CPC Merger To Oust GEJ Has Paid Off Once Again. Congrats To Tinubu & Yorubas / Nightmares On Benin-ore Road Before Goodluck's Tenure; See What GEJ Has Done! / Things That GEJ Has Done In Your City/state In 2 Years (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 4 Options Gej Has by Bliss4Lyfe(f): 11:12pm On Sep 03, 2011
Desola:

Certain traditions even hold that the Igala are of Fulani origin, simply because of the similarities in their physical features. It IS clear that Fulanis do not speak a Kwa language. And owing to the linguistic affinity, others affirm the Yoruba connections. For Byng Halt notes that, "It is not surprising that within a short period of arrival in Igala land, a Yoruba is well acquainted with the language.”  He attributes the ease in learning the language to the closeness of the two languages. Armstrong sticks to this same view when he said: "the most definite historical statement that can be made about Igala is that . they had a common origin with the Yoruba and that the separation took place long enough ago to allow for their fairly considerable linguistic differences. [b]There is a whole corpus of oral traditions on the origin of the Igala people.

Agreed and exactly wat i was explaining earlier. Yorubas can trace ancestry to Igala based on lingustic similarity between the Okun but substantial linguistic differences with Igala. Okun and Igala share similarities.

The migration route of the Igala can be traced to present day Anambra State were u find Igala settlement and dat language is much closer to Igbo.

[quote][/quote]
Re: 4 Options Gej Has by aljharem3: 11:35pm On Sep 03, 2011
Bliss4Lyfe:

Agreed and exactly wat i was explaining earlier. Yorubas can trace ancestry to Igala based on lingustic similarity between the Okun but substantial linguistic differences with Igala. Okun and Igala share similarities.

The migration route of the Igala can be traced to present day Anambra State were u find Igala settlement and dat language is much closer to Igbo.

Lol grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin please madam were did u get that from

so u want to rewrite the history of igala for them just like u did for anioma and ikwerre etc

u are one sick girl grin grin grin grin
Re: 4 Options Gej Has by aljharem3: 11:39pm On Sep 03, 2011
Bliss4Lyfe:

Of course not becos thay are Igala. U did find them in Anambra State though speaking something similar to Igbo and the lanaguage differs as it goes. Not one Igala.

LOL, the Igala are not claiming to be Yoruba either, so don't know were u got dat Yorubaish from.  grin Look to the Okun for yoruba similarity. Gosh so much info out their but people want to be spoon feed instead of reading.  undecided

just liek how the awori, offa, okun, itsekiri, egun, ilaje etc are not yoruba because some of ur brothers have claim that as well.

I need prove to show us how Okun are not yoruba because if u don't i would show and prove to u how ika, ikwerre, anioma are not all igbo
Re: 4 Options Gej Has by kpogede77: 2:52pm On Sep 04, 2011
@ Godman
All your hypothesis didn't seem to make any sense to me. It can only make sense to IBB, ATIKU,BUHARI,CIROMA,TANKO YAKASI etc who are sponsors of Boko Haram.
Is America the cause of post election violence that killed no fewer than a thousand people?
Is America the sponsor of Boko Haram?
Is it America that annul June 12 election?
Is it America that killed Delegiwa, Urowayinor, Kudirat, MKO, etc.

The born to rule and power merchant are afraid of the presence of Israeli army in Aso rock and they have decided to engage people like you for cheap propaganda. Be ready to fight and die for Nigeria, we are waiting to see you in the battle field.
Re: 4 Options Gej Has by Godmann(m): 9:04am On Sep 05, 2011
kpogede77:

@ Godman
All your hypothesis didn't seem to make any sense to me. It can only make sense to IBB, ATIKU,BUHARI,CIROMA,TANKO YAKASI etc who are sponsors of Boko Haram.
Is America the cause of post election violence that killed no fewer than a thousand people?
Is America the sponsor of Boko Haram?
Is it America that annul June 12 election?
Is it America that killed Delegiwa, Urowayinor, Kudirat, MKO, etc.

The born to rule and power merchant are afraid of the presence of Israeli army in Aso rock and they have decided to engage people like you for cheap propaganda. Be ready to fight and die for Nigeria, we are waiting to see you in the battle field.

When the source of a river is poluted, the downstream will never be clean.

In every group of people, there are weak and corrupt men. Empower the evil men, and the group is gone.
What the West(Not Just America) did in Africa is to rule us with their stooges. Unfortunately, it is only the unpricipled and corrupt that can be a good stooge. That is why all Africa leaders are corrupt. Those that refuse to be corrupt will never be tolerated by the West.

Find out about the real killers of Thomas Sankara of Bukina Faso, Muritala Mohammed of Nigeria etc. Even why Abacha was a bad leaders, find out why he has to die with Abiola.

Get it. Jonathan was encouraged to contest for the President principally by America when they found out that his person is ammenable to their interest. Meaning he can be a perfect stooge. And they decieved all our people with media packaging, lies and heavy financial bribery to elect him, even when his records as Deputy Governor, Governor, VP was appaling.

Tell me the good things he did as Governor that we want him to reapeat as President?
Tell me why he picked Rigim as IG and why he has not sacked him for not being able to arrest those behind teh bomb blast. I know the answers but time will not allow me tell the stories.

As for Buhari, IBB and Atiku sponsoring Boko Haram, don't be a novince. You think those people want to risk being hang? Any evidence that linked them to boko haram is enough to hang them. So they will be the greatest fools to think of that. It is better to plot a coup than to sponsor Boko Haram.

I also do not think any enlightined northerner will want the country to break. Sponsoring Boko haram is the easiest way to divide the country. See the ill feelings it is generating among the two divide of the country. That is just their game plan. To jam our heads together. This is the only way their prediction for the break up of Nigeria by 2015 will come to pass.

As for why they want us to break up. Know that the western economy is in distress. They need to corner our oil resources. It has been in the game plan for years. They have successfully done that in Sudan, Angola and now Libya. When will they get to Nigeria? I don't know.

Let wake up and try to read up the world politics. Only we can change our country.

I repeat, the world is in an economic war.
Re: 4 Options Gej Has by isleman(m): 3:12pm On Sep 05, 2011
@Desola, and Blis4lyfe

Your stories are not far from each other, the south have a lot in common and can be easily linked, that is why i recommend a southern country of its own. we can tolerate ourselves better.

The Yorubas also have a great link with the north(hausas) having both founders migrated from Saudi Arabia, but the extremism is the main reason we are calling for separation. After all, there are Yorubas in Benin republic and they are doing fine. if we part with the north now, both parties will also do fine as our agendas now differ. let them pursue their goals while we pursue ours.

@Godman
Yes, you are very right and that is why we want to part. it doesn't seem realistic that we can ever say no to the west having wrong leaders who rig elections into power and the whole world will tell us it was free and fair despite that we the Nigerians saw the rigging in broad day light and posted it on youtube.

I said it earlier, that i prefer one Nigeria, but we've been chasing shadows for too long in this country, as we battled military rule to democracy, to election rigging, election violence, corruption, power, poor infrastructural development, poor education, poor health infrastructure, bad roads etc and to now to crown it all- bombing?

It doesn't seem its going to get right. let us part now and go and rebuild from our roots. perhaps we might come together again when we realize what we miss from our unity. little wonder why some Nigerians go abroad and never want to come back.

For me, GEJ's option is to call for a sovereign national conference which will either peacefully solidify Nigeria or disintegrate it.
Re: 4 Options Gej Has by ak47mann(m): 3:24pm On Sep 05, 2011
^^^
True Nigeria needs to part for 30 years at list before we can think of coming together again which might be impossible by then.
Re: 4 Options Gej Has by isleman(m): 7:34am On Sep 06, 2011
ak47mann:

^^^
True Nigeria needs to part for 30 years at list before we can think of coming together again which might be impossible by then.

If we fully disintegrate, it is very possible some will come together again. we really need each other for one thing or the other. Its just that our structure of co-existence is not discussed and some people don't what it discussed because it favouring them.
Re: 4 Options Gej Has by Desola(f): 7:48am On Sep 06, 2011
Goodman's hypothesis is highly convincing and I'm totally swayed! He makes so much sense! Very plausible reasons!

Now, I'm thinking!
Re: 4 Options Gej Has by Desola(f): 8:45am On Sep 06, 2011
Isleman,

Warn yourself o. If Blisdulife has lost her marbles, must you be her side kick?

Be warned now that Yorubas have absolutely nothing in common with the Okoros! We know our roots but they claim to be jews so where is the correlation?

(Secretly laughing at the jewish claim, lol, )
Re: 4 Options Gej Has by isleman(m): 8:58am On Sep 06, 2011
Desola:

Isleman,

Warn yourself o. If Blisdulife has lost her marbles, must you be her side kick?

Be warned now that Yorubas have absolutely nothing in common with the Okoros! We know our roots but they claim to be jews so where is the correlation?

(Secretly laughing at the jewish claim, lol, )

When i say we have a lot of things in common, it doesn't necessarily mean IGBOS, i mean the south as a whole. I personally have no problems with igbos, i have many of them as friends. i have many many Hausas as friends too. if i go up north today, accommodation, meals etc wont be a problem. but since they cant control their brothers, i have to draw back for a while and allow them correct their issues first.

Christianity plays a lot role in the south and i believe Christians have the spirit of brotherhood. that is where i feel soth as a whole can tolerate each other if factors of co-existence are discussed before hand.

@DESOLA, why do you despise igbos so much? if one igbo offends you, not all igbos has offended you. People offend irrespective of tribe. As for me, once you are modern and think upright, am good with you.

heard alot about Igbo and jew, am not protesting it.
Re: 4 Options Gej Has by Desola(f): 9:06am On Sep 06, 2011
Why do I despise ajokutamamis?

You are obviously not Yoruba to have asked me that question.

We are not Southerners! There is the West and the others! Stop forcing this Southern unity nonsense! There is no South!
Re: 4 Options Gej Has by isleman(m): 9:12am On Sep 06, 2011
Desola:

Why do I despise ajokutamamis?

You are obviously not Yoruba to have asked me that question.

We are not Southerners! There is the West and the others! Stop forcing this Southern unity nonsense! There is no South!

have you ever gone to other parts of Nigeria beyond the west?

Just for the record, am from the west. i prefer to deal with issues not people.
Re: 4 Options Gej Has by Desola(f): 12:02pm On Sep 06, 2011
Which west? You do know that some Deltans claim to be from the west too?

All I'm saying is that you are not Yoruba!

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Man Stealing High Tension Cables Dies Electrocuted On A Utility pole [pics] / Truck With “huge Photo Of bosoms’’ Causes Hundreds Of Car Accidents / Issue Based Campaign: Buhari Speaks On ECONOMY

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.