Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,174,154 members, 7,890,906 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 July 2024 at 12:00 AM

Forex Trade Alerts: Season 23 - Business (151) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Forex Trade Alerts: Season 23 (500352 Views)

Forex Trade Alerts: Season 22 / Forex Trade Alerts: Season 21 / Forex Trade Alerts: Season 20 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (148) (149) (150) (151) (152) (153) (154) ... (1043) (Go Down)

Re: Forex Trade Alerts: Season 23 by charly20(m): 8:04pm On Apr 05, 2023
Gasive, I hope you are winning out there.
Re: Forex Trade Alerts: Season 23 by HumbleTrader: 8:30pm On Apr 05, 2023
Elliotwaveforec:
Ha! After 2 days.
What was the rrr for this trade.
Re: Forex Trade Alerts: Season 23 by rainlover(m): 8:31pm On Apr 05, 2023
saintelvnn:

You people have patience oooooo
Well done sir
2 days isn't long na
Re: Forex Trade Alerts: Season 23 by MetroLane: 8:34pm On Apr 05, 2023
rhynoemmie:

Gm

Please can you explain this picture, cos i think I'm in a similar situation but no matter how i look at it, i don't seem to get what he's trying to say

Some strategies like SMC gives you the opportunity to use 2pips stop loss, so with little stop loss you have the opportunity to use big lot size.

To the best of my understanding, he's trying to say using little stop will allow you use bigger lot size, and if you are scared of using big lot size, then you're only wasting your time because you're not capitalizing on the advantage using a little SL brings...

E.g two traders both have 10k account....They decided to enter the same trade, one uses 5 pips sl, the other uses 10pips sl, if you calculate the position size with a position size calculator, the one with the little Stoploss have the opportunity of using a bigger lot size to maximize his return, and if he's using the same lotsize as the one with 10pips SL, he's likely shortchanging himself.

I'll drop a screenshot below.

10 Likes

Re: Forex Trade Alerts: Season 23 by HumbleTrader: 9:20pm On Apr 05, 2023
MetroLane:

Some strategies like SMC gives you the opportunity to use 2pips stop loss, so with little stop loss you have the opportunity to use big lot size.

To the best of my understanding, he's trying to say using little stop will allow you use bigger lot size, and if you are scared of using big lot size, then you're only wasting your time because you're not capitalizing on the advantage using a little SL brings...

E.g two traders both have 10k account....They decided to enter the same trade, one uses 5 pips sl, the other uses 10pips sl, if you calculate the position size with a position size calculator, the one with the little Stoploss have the opportunity of using a bigger lot size to maximize his return, and if he's using the same lotsize as the one with 10pips SL, he's likely shortchanging himself.

But you're forgetting the tighter your stop loss, the higher chance of getting kicked out of the trade, or stop loss hunted.

And with multiple failed trade, the loss will eventually amount to the same 10 pips.

1 Like

Re: Forex Trade Alerts: Season 23 by OfficialP: 9:31pm On Apr 05, 2023
buying EU 1.0900

sl 1.0885

TP 1.0970
Re: Forex Trade Alerts: Season 23 by MetroLane: 9:48pm On Apr 05, 2023
HumbleTrader:
But you're forgetting the tighter your stop loss, the higher chance of getting kicked out of the trade, or stop loss hunted.

And with multiple failed trade, the loss will eventually amount to the same 10 pips.

This is where proper RR comes in play....

You take 10 trades with a RR 1:5...i.e Risking 5 pips to make 25 pips

You lose 7 trades, that's 7 x 5 pips sl = 35 pips loss

You win 3 trades, that's 3 x 25 pips TP = 75 pips gain

Overall 75pips - 35 pips= 40 pips...

At the end 10 trades, even with 7 loss you're still making extra 40 pips gain....

This is isn't Physics, stop making it look so hard.

You don't have to win every trade, infact you can't win every trade....Just make sure that when you lose you, lose small, and when you win you win big......

Win Rate doesn't really matter as long as your RR is top-notch...

And if as a trader you can't win at least 3 out of 10 trades, please just give up Forex, go and learn work.

Good evening.

14 Likes

Re: Forex Trade Alerts: Season 23 by Emmizay12(m): 10:12pm On Apr 05, 2023
MetroLane:

At the end 10 trades, even with 7 loss you're still making extra 40 pips gain....

You don't have to win every trade, infact you can't win every trade....Just make sure that when you lose you, lose small, and when you win you win big......

And if as a trader you can't win at least 3 out of 10 trades, please just give up Forex, go and learn work.

Good evening.

you talk as if the market is that straightforward

are you speaking theoretically or you have experience

those 3 trades won, will likely not hit your target of 1:5
and you may end up with 20 losing trades on your hands..... you may have lots of 1:2 or 1:3 before the market reverses and takes out your stoploss
Re: Forex Trade Alerts: Season 23 by kozmicity: 10:13pm On Apr 05, 2023
Petah:

Good evening boss,
I was looking for a way to reach out to you privately. The break of structure and chance of character strategy you use. I wanna learn from you boss.

Good evening sir, how are you doing? I'm just seeing this now. I'm in no way a boss, and the blind can't lead the blind. grin But what I can do is direct you to where I learnt and maybe you can pick up pointers from there.

Check zm capitals on Instagram and go through his posts, you'd start to find a pattern for entries both aggressive and confirmation types. He also has a YouTube channel with the same name, so you could also chech that out.

I am in no way a boss, we are all learning. Do have a great night sir, thank you.

1 Like

Re: Forex Trade Alerts: Season 23 by kozmicity: 10:14pm On Apr 05, 2023
Petah:

Good evening boss,
I was looking for a way to reach out to you privately. The break of structure and chance of character strategy you use. I wanna learn from you boss.
Good evening boss,
I was looking for a way to reach out to you privately. The break of structure and chance of character strategy you use. I wanna learn from you boss. [/quote]

Good evening sir, how are you doing? I'm just seeing this now. I'm in no way a boss, and the blind can't lead the blind. grin But what I can do is direct you to where I learnt and maybe you can pick up pointers from there.

Check zm capitals on Instagram and go through his posts, you'd start to find a pattern for entries both aggressive and confirmation types. He also has a YouTube channel with the same name, so you could also chech that out.

I am in no way a boss, we are all learning. Do have a great night sir, thank you
Re: Forex Trade Alerts: Season 23 by MetroLane: 10:37pm On Apr 05, 2023
Emmizay12:

you talk as if the market is that straightforward

are you speaking theoretically or you have experience

those 3 trades won, will likely not hit your target of 1:5
and you may end up with 20 losing trades on your hands..... you may have lots of 1:2 or 1:3 before the market reverses and takes out your stoploss

And those 7 trades will not all end in loss, some will be break even....which is even better for you.

You just decided to come after me and you totally ignored the whole message which is---- No matter the strategy you use, make sure you trade only high quality set ups and have a good RR ..... I'm not supposed to tell you these things, you should know them by now.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Forex Trade Alerts: Season 23 by Jameselias: 11:44pm On Apr 05, 2023
Just be aware you have a scammer in your house

1 Like

Re: Forex Trade Alerts: Season 23 by FXcandles(m): 12:19am On Apr 06, 2023
Oil price move steady after OPEC+ surprised the market by announcing oil output cuts two days ago.
In the hourly timeframe, Bollinger band squeeze appear waiting for breakout.

Re: Forex Trade Alerts: Season 23 by meshpips(m): 1:05am On Apr 06, 2023
OfficialP:
buying EU 1.0900

sl 1.0885

TP 1.0970

I go still talk again. Although I do not trade EU but since both RU and GU have the USD as their counter currency, I expect almost the same trajectory for both of them.

As for GU, it bounced from around 1.2440 once and if this level is breached to the down side, it instantly exposes 1.23022

In essence, a break of yesterday's low and we should see free of about the ADR of the pair in question.

The correct direction in my opinion is SELL.

All the best bro!
Re: Forex Trade Alerts: Season 23 by HumbleTrader: 1:45am On Apr 06, 2023
MetroLane:

And those 7 trades will not all end in loss, some will be break even....which is even better for you.

You just decided to come after me and you totally ignored the whole message which is---- No matter the strategy you use, make sure you trade only high quality set ups and have a good RR ..... I'm not supposed to tell you these things, you should know them by now.

You've say nothing, everybody knows to be profitable you must win more than you lose.
Re: Forex Trade Alerts: Season 23 by HumbleTrader: 1:53am On Apr 06, 2023
MetroLane:

Good evening.
Again, even a child knows to be profitable you must win more than you lose, you're not saying anything new.

And win rate matters, win rate is everything, a traders win rate is what determines what risk to reward ratio they will trade. The image below explains the rest.

Re: Forex Trade Alerts: Season 23 by MetroLane: 3:46am On Apr 06, 2023
HumbleTrader:

1.Again, even a child knows to be profitable you must win more than you lose, you're not saying anything new.

2.And win rate matters, win rate is everything, a traders win rate is what determines what risk to reward ratio they will trade. The image below explains the rest.

3. You've say nothing, everybody knows to be profitable you must win more than you lose.

1. As long as I'm not trading 1:1, I don't need more winning trade to be profitable. I can have a 30% win rate on a 1:3 and still be profitable, check the image you uploaded.

2. Total nonsense, since when did win rate start determining the RR you'll trade?

3. So you mean if I take 5 trades with 1:3, and I lose 3 trades and won 2, I won't be profitable?

All these arguments coming from someone who doesn't know the difference between Entry stop loss and Trailing Stoploss..... You'll be ignored henceforth.

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Forex Trade Alerts: Season 23 by Kaybee7000(m): 5:02am On Apr 06, 2023
MetroLane:

1. As long as I'm not trading 1:1, I don't need more winning trade to be profitable. I can have a 30% win rate on a 1:3 and still be profitable, check the image you uploaded.

2. Total nonsense, since when did win rate start determining the RR you'll trade?

3. So you mean if I take 5 trades with 1:3, and I lose 3 trades and won 2, I won't be profitable?

All these arguments coming from someone who doesn't know the difference between Entry stop loss and Trailing Stoploss..... You'll be ignored henceforth.

Stop this na,miole laja o

1 Like

Re: Forex Trade Alerts: Season 23 by Nobody: 5:49am On Apr 06, 2023
“It’s not whether you’re right or wrong that’s important, it’s how much money you make when you’re right and how much you lose when you’re wrong.” – George Soros

"Loose small, Win Big"
In the long Run we shall make it...

If you want to get RICh over night, you might end being BROKE Dmorrow....

The goal is to get RICH someday, it might not be today. FOREX will bless us!

Good morning traders

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Forex Trade Alerts: Season 23 by HumbleTrader: 6:28am On Apr 06, 2023
MetroLane:

What determines your rrr is your win rate, simple.

A beginner trader with no experience has 0% percent win rate, they can even lose 100 entries, how do you think people blow their account. If beginners like that should use 1:2 or 1:10, they will still lose.

Every trader has a win rate, this is determine by how experience they are, and their trading strategy.

Win rate is not useless , I recommend you take your advice and ignore because you don't know what you're saying.
Re: Forex Trade Alerts: Season 23 by rhynoemmie(m): 6:42am On Apr 06, 2023
MetroLane:

Thank You,

I get it now
Re: Forex Trade Alerts: Season 23 by HumbleTrader: 7:07am On Apr 06, 2023
Kaybee7000:

Stop this na,miole laja o
I thought he made a mistake, because all his other point are accurate, but instead of back tracking he's pushing the agenda that win rate is useless.

This is like telling traders that
- Forget about strategy, forget about technique.
- Take 10 trades senseless trade
- Use 1:10 as RRR
- All they need is 1 successful trade to cover all the 9 loss.

This is not true, forex is no respecter of luck, one need to know what they're doing, and how much they know is what determines their win rate.

1 Like

Re: Forex Trade Alerts: Season 23 by Dathypebruv(m): 7:18am On Apr 06, 2023
Sit down, be humble grin
Re: Forex Trade Alerts: Season 23 by Nobody: 7:22am On Apr 06, 2023
HumbleTrader:
I thought he made a mistake, because all his other point are accurate, but instead of back tracking he's pushing the agenda that win rate is useless.

This is like telling traders that
- Forget about strategy, forget about technique.
- Take 10 trades senseless trade
- Use 1:10 as RRR
- All they need is 1 successful trade to cover all the 9 loss.

This is not true, forex is no respecter of luck, one need to know what they're doing, and how much they know is what determines their win rate.

You're making sense boss
But sometime try to understand others too..
Re: Forex Trade Alerts: Season 23 by HumbleTrader: 8:00am On Apr 06, 2023
saintelvnn:

You're making sense boss
But sometime try to understand others too..
It's all good.
Re: Forex Trade Alerts: Season 23 by HumbleTrader: 8:02am On Apr 06, 2023
A beautiful morning trade 1:6 rrr

Re: Forex Trade Alerts: Season 23 by Elliotwaveforec: 8:04am On Apr 06, 2023
Short EU 906 SL 912
SL hit!
Re: Forex Trade Alerts: Season 23 by Donsheddy: 8:06am On Apr 06, 2023
What im looking at today....
Day 4.
Bought g. U at

Entry 1.24550
T.p 1.25505.
S. L 1.24320

R. R 1:4

Lets go

Nairaland no gree me post image oh

1 Like

Re: Forex Trade Alerts: Season 23 by Nobody: 8:14am On Apr 06, 2023
Forex sweet sometimes😅
I need only 20pips

1 Like

Re: Forex Trade Alerts: Season 23 by klinksd: 8:22am On Apr 06, 2023
EURUSD {M1}

BUY
En: 1.0901
SL: 1.0889
Tp: 1.1025

...already placed the trade...may the blue pips continually be with us. 🥂

Good morning traders.

Re: Forex Trade Alerts: Season 23 by Nobody: 8:23am On Apr 06, 2023
saintelvnn:
Forex sweet sometimes😅
I need only 20pips

20pips bagged..
If I don't see any solid entry again, then till tomorrow...
Wishing you all fruitful pips.....

2 Likes

Re: Forex Trade Alerts: Season 23 by karkinase(m): 9:00am On Apr 06, 2023
this boy @humble trader no wan learn.. win rate is nevr important .. what matters is your risk to reward.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (148) (149) (150) (151) (152) (153) (154) ... (1043)

Forex Trading Alerts - Season 16 / Forex Trade Alerts: Season 20 / ||SCAM ALERT!!! Don't Be A Victim||*UPDATES ON PAGES 1-7*

Viewing this topic: 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.