Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,494 members, 7,888,577 topics. Date: Saturday, 13 July 2024 at 10:44 AM

Unuversities Increase Tuition Fees, Offer Discount For Children Of Workers - Education (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Unuversities Increase Tuition Fees, Offer Discount For Children Of Workers (20004 Views)

"Introduce Tuition Fees In Federal Universities" - Sonny Echono / Inside The First-Class Schools Children Of Akwa Ibom Elite Attend / Tuition Fees For New (100L) Covenant University Students 2017/2018 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Unuversities Increase Tuition Fees, Offer Discount For Children Of Workers by nedekid: 6:30pm On Jan 01, 2023
clockwisereport:
Get ready to lose your facebook account once you click on that link
For real?
Thanks.

1 Like

Re: Unuversities Increase Tuition Fees, Offer Discount For Children Of Workers by Ten06(m): 6:34pm On Jan 01, 2023
Even National Open University has also increased their fee

1 Like

Re: Unuversities Increase Tuition Fees, Offer Discount For Children Of Workers by olaeffect(m): 7:28pm On Jan 01, 2023
After graduating from the university, most graduates still end up doing personal business, learning handwork, or trade.
So what is the big deal of going to the university?
I am not playing down on education, but it is high time we know that this formal (outdated) system of learning is no longer helping everyone.
Yes, some people need to go for formal education to do formal work (e.g doctors etc). But the majority of others don't need to waste their time and money chasing a paper certificate that won't add any value to them.

1 Like

Re: Unuversities Increase Tuition Fees, Offer Discount For Children Of Workers by lereinter(m): 9:08pm On Jan 01, 2023
Kobonaire234:

Under PDP, my fees went up from N2000 in 1999 to N18000 in 2004....and by 2013, it was close to 100000-150000 in many universities.

The thing is, if you want low fees, PDP would have to Tax everyone in the country plus remove subsidy on petrol and power before we can get somewhere...and even then, fees may reach somwhere around 300000 naira self.

Which federal University paid between 100k - 150k in 2013?

I was talking relatively not only university education

The end of subsidy has come by anyone
Re: Unuversities Increase Tuition Fees, Offer Discount For Children Of Workers by Ajibade123(m): 10:14pm On Jan 01, 2023
UNILAG please o don't join them yet
Re: Unuversities Increase Tuition Fees, Offer Discount For Children Of Workers by Nobody: 10:30pm On Jan 01, 2023
lereinter:

Which federal University paid between 100k - 150k in 2013?

I was talking relatively not only university education

Several of them, thanks to government telling ASUU in 2013 that they could not pay the money outlined in 2009.

My point is clear anyway....the fact is , university fees have been going up for years. All this your talk about 'relatively' is just riddiculous.

I am not defending APC by the way. I am pointing out to you guys that university education is not cheap. You pay for it in fees, or you pay for it in taxes...heavy taxes.

Not this one we do in Nigeria where we pretend it costs less than 200 dollars per year...while the subsidy we pay...yes education is subsidised in government owned schools....is never enough to cover the costs.

Again, if you want quality education...you have to pay for it. If fees were going up under both PDP and APC...AT Least someone was being somewhat relaistic.

The end of subsidy has come by anyone
[/quote]

You don't sound convincing...you don't want subsidy gone.

If you did, you won't be grumbling about the fee increase. You would even call for universities to be granted full autononmy on everything...including fee increases.
Re: Unuversities Increase Tuition Fees, Offer Discount For Children Of Workers by MasterTeeUSA: 3:46am On Jan 02, 2023
This is part of what the West does. College shouldn't be cheap. If you are paying for it, you will take it more serious in my opinion. Parents will also hold the students more accountable. Rarely will you hear kids paying close to N1m doing nonsense in school anyhow. Monthly payments, discount if you can get a certain CGPA and discounts for children of workers so If parents are cleaners at the school, their children should get some tuition off.

Same with petrol...I don't know why petrol at Lekki will cost the same as Ikorodu...cost of doing businesses are not the same. Naija needs to allow some regulated free market because this subsidy only favors the very Rich and widens the gap. You can't be Rich and be paying chicken chumps at UniLag. what justice is that and the Govt is pumping money into UniLag for all of them...Rich and poor...chai

adenigga:

Source: https://punchng.com/Varsities-reduce-workers-childrens-fees-justify-tuition-hike

2 Likes

Re: Unuversities Increase Tuition Fees, Offer Discount For Children Of Workers by riczy(m): 7:17am On Jan 02, 2023
And someone is still clapping and singing APC, u be goat!

1 Like

Re: Unuversities Increase Tuition Fees, Offer Discount For Children Of Workers by lagosrd: 4:40pm On Jan 02, 2023
adenigga:

Source: https://punchng.com/Varsities-reduce-workers-childrens-fees-justify-tuition-hike

Does uni ilrin have a student union at all. Anytime they want them to support their evil is when they will say they consulted their student union. The fg has money for all frivolities but doesn't have money for education

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Cross River: We Feed Pupils With 2 Loaves Of Bread, One Fowl, Per Term - Vendors / Why You Must Always Have A Pen As A Student / Polytechnic Lecturers Begins Nationwide Strike Monday

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.