Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,088 members, 7,880,403 topics. Date: Thursday, 04 July 2024 at 05:39 PM

Can't Sleep? Here Are Some Things You Can Do - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Can't Sleep? Here Are Some Things You Can Do (208 Views)

Who Else Can't Sleep With The Lights On? / I Can't Sleep At Night Please What Can I Do / I Can't Sleep For More Than 3 Hours At Night And I'm Losing Weight (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Can't Sleep? Here Are Some Things You Can Do by albertflex(m): 12:44am On Jan 02, 2023
There are several things that you can try to help improve your sleep:

Stick to a consistent sleep schedule. Try to go to bed and wake up at the same time every day, even on weekends.

Create a relaxing bedtime routine. This might include taking a warm bath or shower, reading a book, or practicing relaxation techniques such as deep breathing or meditation.

Make your bedroom a comfortable sleep environment. Keep the room cool, dark, and quiet, and use a comfortable mattress and pillows.

Avoid screens before bedtime. The blue light emitted by phones, tablets, and computers can disrupt your natural sleep-wake cycle.

Avoid caffeine and alcohol close to bedtime. Both of these can interfere with your sleep.

Exercise during the day. Regular physical activity can help you fall asleep faster and sleep more soundly.

Consider trying relaxation techniques. Techniques such as progressive muscle relaxation or guided imagery can help relax your mind and body and improve sleep. Watch videos like this one https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wp0vWy2hI4o&t=214s

If you've tried these techniques and are still having difficulty sleeping, it may be a good idea to speak with a healthcare provider. They can help identify any underlying causes of your insomnia and recommend additional treatment options
Re: Can't Sleep? Here Are Some Things You Can Do by Akposkiz: 2:58am On Jan 02, 2023
Very Educative!

(1) (Reply)

What To Expect From Your First Yoga Session? / Stem Cell Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis Treatment / Tips For A Longer Life: Avoid These Habits Before You Turn 50

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.