Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,352 members, 7,888,120 topics. Date: Friday, 12 July 2024 at 07:54 PM

World News! Events Happening Around The World - Foreign Affairs (361) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / World News! Events Happening Around The World (279004 Views)

Russia-Ukraine War: World News, Weapons & Battlefield Discussions - Live / Nairaland Featured In World News On Russian Ukraine War Spy Rumors / 10 Strange Things That Are Happening Around The World Right Now (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (358) (359) (360) (361) (362) (363) (364) ... (1011) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: World News! Events Happening Around The World by Uprightness100(m): 12:57am On Oct 08, 2023
Another interesting fact:

Three major earthquakes hit the world today.

- Magnitude 6.0 hits Mexico
- Magnitude 6.3 rattles Afghanistan
- Magnitude 6.7 earthquake strikes Papua New Guinea
Re: World News! Events Happening Around The World by Uprightness100(m): 1:05am On Oct 08, 2023
Direct hit in a synagogue in Ashkelon[b][/b]

Re: World News! Events Happening Around The World by Uprightness100(m): 1:06am On Oct 08, 2023
PM Netanyahu:
Security cabinet meeting has decided to “bring about the destruction of the military and governmental capabilities of Hamas and Islamic Jihad in a way that will negate their ability and desire to threaten and harm the citizens of Israel for many years"

Re: World News! Events Happening Around The World by Uprightness100(m): 1:40am On Oct 08, 2023
Israeli reserve troops on their way to Gaza

1 Like

Re: World News! Events Happening Around The World by Uprightness100(m): 1:42am On Oct 08, 2023
RESERVE TROOP Prepares for Gaza

1 Like

Re: World News! Events Happening Around The World by Uprightness100(m): 1:44am On Oct 08, 2023
Almost all foreign airliners have cancelled their flights to and from Israel due to the ongoing barrages of rockets from Gaza.

All of El Al flights are completely full as thousands of Israelis must return to join their reserve unit.

Please pray that I will be able to make it soon to my family. The last thing I need is to leave the US and get stuck in another country.

( Amir T.)
Re: World News! Events Happening Around The World by Uprightness100(m): 6:24am On Oct 08, 2023
A recap of yesterday horrific events in #Israel. This will not end in hours or days, but rather in weeks or even months.
🔺Hamas terrorists infiltrated Israel by air, land and sea in the early hours of Saturday morning.
🔺They attacked 22 locations in southern Israel, reaching 15 miles into Israel (24km) from Gaza.
🔺In some places, terrorists rampaged for hours, gunning down Israelis and taking hostages.
🔺300 people, mostly civilians, were murdered.
🔺Over 1,500 people have been injured.
🔺Dozens of Israelis - from children to the elderly - have been kidnapped and taken into Gaza.
🔺Throughout the day, thousands of rockets rained down on southern and central Israel.
🔺Several people were wounded by rockets that evaded Iron Dome and smashed into towns.
🔺Israel has begun a large-scale military response.
Re: World News! Events Happening Around The World by Uprightness100(m): 6:26am On Oct 08, 2023
I must say something and I hope you will all understand me:
Something doesn’t add up for me.

The Gaza border is the most sophisticated barrier with cameras and sensors everywhere.

The delay in the air and ground response was unlike anything we’ve ever seen.

Ever since the event began to unfold and videos started to emerge from the scene - ALL Israelis have asked themselves- where is the IDF? Where is the Air Force? Why is it that none of the cameras spotted the preparations?

I am trying very hard not to dive into conspiracy theories!

(Amir T.)

1 Like

Re: World News! Events Happening Around The World by Uprightness100(m): 6:31am On Oct 08, 2023
Tens of thousands of Israeli reserve soldiers reported to their units and are now on their way either to the northern border with Lebanon or to Gaza in the south.
Re: World News! Events Happening Around The World by Uprightness100(m): 6:32am On Oct 08, 2023
The 10 terrorists who barricaded themselves in the Sderot police station were eliminated.
Re: World News! Events Happening Around The World by Uprightness100(m): 6:33am On Oct 08, 2023
Palestinian supporters in London celebrating after Hamas attacked Israel

Re: World News! Events Happening Around The World by Uprightness100(m): 6:35am On Oct 08, 2023
Remember I said that I don’t want to sink into conspiracy theories?

Well…. I am learning new things.
In fact the situation is far worse than I thought.
I can’t share what I know at this point but I will do so as soon as it will be allowed.

( Amir T.)
Re: World News! Events Happening Around The World by Uprightness100(m): 6:36am On Oct 08, 2023
Hamas had backing from Iran for its Saturday surprise attacks on Israel, Hamas spokesman Ghazi Hamad told BBC News hour, adding that it was a source of pride.
He also said that other countries had also helped Hamas, but he did not name them.

Re: World News! Events Happening Around The World by Uprightness100(m): 6:37am On Oct 08, 2023
The 4th and 7th Divisions of the Syrian Arab Army (SAA) near the Golan Heights, have been placed in a state of combat readiness and high alert.
Re: World News! Events Happening Around The World by Uprightness100(m): 6:37am On Oct 08, 2023
▫️Forward elements of the Egyptian second and third armies are ready
▫️2 Divisions of the SAA are ready
▫️Hezbollah says it's ready
▫️Hamas says it's ready

Sounds like psalm 83 War

2 Likes

Re: World News! Events Happening Around The World by Uprightness100(m): 6:38am On Oct 08, 2023
The Israeli Embassy in Greece has managed to Charter around 20 Flights from Athens to Tel Aviv which will take roughly 5,000 Israeli Reservists currently in Greece who have been called to Active Military Service back to Israel to assist with the ongoing War in Gaza.
Re: World News! Events Happening Around The World by Uprightness100(m): 6:40am On Oct 08, 2023
Al-Watan Tower was completely destroyed in Gaza

1 Like

Re: World News! Events Happening Around The World by Uprightness100(m): 6:43am On Oct 08, 2023
Chinese Foreign Ministry: The repeated conflicts between Palestine and Israel prove that long-term stagnation in the peace process cannot continue

China has entered the chat..
Re: World News! Events Happening Around The World by Uprightness100(m): 6:44am On Oct 08, 2023
🔥The IDF spokesman informs that hundreds of thousands of soldiers will be recruited for the war in Gaza

Amir Bohbot
Re: World News! Events Happening Around The World by Uprightness100(m): 6:45am On Oct 08, 2023
The 7 centers where the IDF is still fighting against terrorists and conducting searches in the settlements: Sderot, Zikim, Kfar Gaza, Bari, Ra'im, Kissuf and Sofa.

In the last day, the IDF attacked 426 targets in the Gaza Strip - including 10 high-rise buildings. Hundreds of terrorists were eliminated, dozens of terrorists were taken prisoner and thousands were injured.

Holy Doron
Re: World News! Events Happening Around The World by Uprightness100(m): 6:45am On Oct 08, 2023
Mortar shells were fired from inside Lebanon towards army positions in Shebaa Farms and Mount Hermon.

IDF Responds

1 Like

Re: World News! Events Happening Around The World by Uprightness100(m): 6:48am On Oct 08, 2023
Reports that Hezbollah fighters have already crossed the border into Israel
Re: World News! Events Happening Around The World by Uprightness100(m): 6:48am On Oct 08, 2023
Dozens of armed men from Lebanon were spotted crossing the separation fence - Israeli Media
Re: World News! Events Happening Around The World by Uprightness100(m): 6:49am On Oct 08, 2023
A picture of the Sderot police headquarters after violent clashes took place inside it from yesterday until late tonight.

Re: World News! Events Happening Around The World by Uprightness100(m): 6:49am On Oct 08, 2023
IDF border post near Lebanon border is currently under heavy mortar fire.
Re: World News! Events Happening Around The World by Uprightness100(m): 6:50am On Oct 08, 2023
Iran's largest newspaper, Jam-e-Jam, supported the Palestinian operation against Israel with headlines in Hebrew and Farsi.

“The flood that will destroy Israel” was the headline on the front page of today's issue.

Re: World News! Events Happening Around The World by Uprightness100(m): 6:53am On Oct 08, 2023
An alert was issued for Unrecognized Aircraft at Tkuma and Havat Izra'am, Tkuma [07:52]:

08/10/2023 07:52:34:
• Gaza Envelope - Tkuma and Havat Izra'am, Tkuma

Re: World News! Events Happening Around The World by Uprightness100(m): 6:54am On Oct 08, 2023
U.S. aviation officials have issued a special bulletin to pilots and airlines operating near Tel Aviv and Israeli airspace

Re: World News! Events Happening Around The World by Uprightness100(m): 6:56am On Oct 08, 2023
Taliban forces are moving towards Israel

Re: World News! Events Happening Around The World by Uprightness100(m): 6:58am On Oct 08, 2023
Hezbollah claims responsibility for the attack on three sites in Shabaa farms controlled by Israel .
Re: World News! Events Happening Around The World by Uprightness100(m): 6:58am On Oct 08, 2023
Hezbollah issued the following statement:

“In the name of Allah, the Most Gracious, the Most Merciful.

“Permission [to fight] has been granted to those who are being fought, because they were wronged, and indeed Allah is capable of granting them victory.

On the path to liberate the remaining part of our occupied Lebanese land and in solidarity with the victorious Palestinian resistance and the steadfast and heroic Palestinian people, the groups of the martyr commander Hajj Imad Mughniyeh in the Islamic Resistance carried out an attack this Sunday, on October 8, 2023, targeting three Zionist occupation sites in the occupied Lebanese Shebaa Farms region. These sites include the radar site, Zabdin site, and Ruwaisat site, using a significant number of artillery shells and guided missiles, resulting in direct hits on these sites. Victory comes only from Allah, the Almighty, the Wise.”
Re: World News! Events Happening Around The World by Uprightness100(m): 6:59am On Oct 08, 2023
🔥 Israeli Air Force Air squadron's warplanes are airborne over southern Lebanon

(1) (2) (3) ... (358) (359) (360) (361) (362) (363) (364) ... (1011) (Reply)

2020 US Presidential Election Results Live Updates: Minutes By Minutes Updates / Jamaican Curse/”dirty” Words & Other Curse Words/phrases / American Politics Lounge - Donald Trump Is US President-Elect !

Viewing this topic: dannybrasky(m), depato88(m), CaptMaxino(m), mrblessed(m) and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.