Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,172,563 members, 7,885,334 topics. Date: Wednesday, 10 July 2024 at 08:18 AM

Side Project I Built 2022 - A Junior Dev - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Side Project I Built 2022 - A Junior Dev (1068 Views)

My Take On CHATGPT On The Web Development World From The Aspect Of A Junior Dev / My Job Hunting Experiences As A Junior Developer So Far / 5 Projects A Junior Developer Should Have In Their Portfolio To Get Hired Fast (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Side Project I Built 2022 - A Junior Dev by Lampert505(m): 4:07pm On Jan 03, 2023
So I dived into the tech Field around January, I was really occupied and couldn’t be consistent the way I wish, i was a bit free from March and I utilize my time into learning html, Css, tailwindCss, vanilla js, git and GitHub, it was really tough and amazing at the same time, thanks to those I looked up to that mentored me both in NL and Twitter ❤️

I built projects with the stacks I learnt. I work with design from my head with some of them and Frontendmentor design with some of them too

Side Projects I built in 2022:

◆ e-commerce challenge(html,tailwindCss, vanilla Js): https://opeyemilsneakers.netlify.app
◆ digital rosary for Muslim (html, tailwindCss, vanilla Js): https://tesbihpro.netlify.app
◆ Todo web app (html,tailwindCss,Vanilla js) still building : https://opeyemiltodo.netlify.app
◆ Launchdown-countdown(html, tailwindCss, vanilla Js):
https://opeyemil2023.netlify.app
◆ Prettyglitz website(functionality yet to be fully added):
https://prettyglitzz.netlify.app

pls help check all and give reviews and advice on what more I need to work on! I’m planning on learning React very soon so I’ll be able to contribute to openSource project as well ❤️

4 Likes

Re: Side Project I Built 2022 - A Junior Dev by fastanddubious(m): 5:09pm On Jan 03, 2023
You tried
Apart from a few misplaced design elements

1 Like

Re: Side Project I Built 2022 - A Junior Dev by majesticguy: 6:19pm On Jan 03, 2023
Of all the projects, i kinda fancied the last one.

You really need to work on structuring your divs, sections or containers perfectly, as it seems one of the above is overflowing, hence, the website is kinda tilty which shouldn't be.

Fonts: look for a font family that compliments the site. It's kinda a beauty site, try not to go with fonts that are formal.

Images: it seems your image sizes are kinda massive, hence the slow load time of site. Go for image sizes that are from the range of 300px & below.

Also work on your paddings and margins. It's seems you were kinda in a haste while working on this project. Take your time, research and see other people works on dribble and behance, then from there, have a mental picture of what you want to create, then take your time to work on the project. It's best to have one perfectly crafted project, than an array of mediocre projects. If you are an artistic person, it's an added advantage.

Finally, I'd advise you to take your time and learn the raw CSS.

NB: I also started sometime last year and these are the few tips I think would make your site stand out.
Re: Side Project I Built 2022 - A Junior Dev by Lampert505(m): 6:05pm On Jan 04, 2023
thanks my bro
i didnt really work with design with most of them

fastanddubious:
You tried
Apart from a few misplaced design elements
Re: Side Project I Built 2022 - A Junior Dev by Lampert505(m): 6:08pm On Jan 04, 2023
Thanks for this reviews and advice my bro..
i wasn't really working with a design in most of those projects, i think everything will come perfect when i begin to work with a specific one

majesticguy:
Of all the projects, i kinda fancied the last one.

You really need to work on structuring your divs, sections or containers perfectly, as it seems one of the above is overflowing, hence, the website is kinda tilty which shouldn't be.

Fonts: look for a font family that compliments the site. It's kinda a beauty site, try not to go with fonts that are formal.

Images: it seems your image sizes are kinda massive, hence the slow load time of site. Go for image sizes that are from the range of 300px & below.

Also work on your paddings and margins. It's seems you were kinda in a haste while working on this project. Take your time, research and see other people works on dribble and behance, then from there, have a mental picture of what you want to create, then take your time to work on the project. It's best to have one perfectly crafted project, than an array of mediocre projects. If you are an artistic person, it's an added advantage.

Finally, I'd advise you to take your time and learn the raw CSS.

NB: I also started sometime last year and these are the few tips I think would make your site stand out.
Re: Side Project I Built 2022 - A Junior Dev by chukwuebuka65(m): 9:50pm On Jan 04, 2023
Practice more with frontend mentor projects as they give you a design to work with. A design with mobile and desktop version, fonts , colors and every other thing you need to turn a design to code. Also don’t spend to much time on vanilla js. Once you know the basics , choose a framework .

4 Likes

Re: Side Project I Built 2022 - A Junior Dev by Lampert505(m): 5:29am On Jan 06, 2023
alright, noted boss ❤️�

chukwuebuka65:
Practice more with frontend mentor projects as they give you a design to work with. A design with mobile and desktop version, fonts , colors and every other thing you need to turn a design to code. Also don’t spend to much time on vanilla js. Once you know the basics , choose a framework .
Re: Side Project I Built 2022 - A Junior Dev by kemi72: 5:48am On Jun 15, 2023
Learn how to build a practical todo app with a step-by-step approach. This project uses React, Node.JS, MySQL and Sequelize as well as pagination.
Here's the link: https://codeflarelimited.com/blog/create-a-todo-app-with-react-node-js-and-mysql-using-sequelize-and-pagination/

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

A Help In Autocad Rendering / Best Way Of Implementing Access Control. / Crazy Fly Bird New Game - DOWNLOAD NOW - Review And Win

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.