Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,191,726 members, 7,945,255 topics. Date: Tuesday, 10 September 2024 at 01:22 PM

Best Way Of Implementing Access Control. - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Best Way Of Implementing Access Control. (1079 Views)

What Is The Best Way To Make A Mobile Application User For Servicesgoo / Implementing Cut, Copy And Paste In A Jtextarea Of A Java Applet / Can Somebody Tell Me The Object-oriented Way Of Becoming Wealthy? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Best Way Of Implementing Access Control. by IbroSaunks(m): 11:23am On Dec 14, 2011
I'm typing this for @farouqzaib!

I'm faced with a problem where I have to decide who sees what and has access to what. The thing is, it is essentially the same data they'll all have access to but just different actions to be performed on the data. Say,I have a list of contact/phone book directory. A user with admin rights should be able to perform all actions(add, edit, delete e,.t.c), a user with edit rights should only be able to edit a contact while a regular user would only be able to view the contacts. How I plan on implementing this is using something like an access level id which is set when the user(s) register to determine what they see. I can encapsulate the procedure code in a class to make it elegant. That's one solution, I want to know if there is design pattern or something for such problem or if there is a more elegant way of doing that.
Re: Best Way Of Implementing Access Control. by Mobinga: 2:19pm On Dec 14, 2011

(1) (Reply)

Ios Interface Designer / Online Ping Website Tool / Learn Programming With Python..

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 6
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.