Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,191,876 members, 7,945,792 topics. Date: Wednesday, 11 September 2024 at 06:56 AM

Lagos State Was Never Capital Of Nigeria - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lagos State Was Never Capital Of Nigeria (4025 Views)

Evidence Of How Rivers State Was Rigged - David Hundeyin / Tinubu Slams Ambode: "Ship Of Lagos State Was Heading In The Wrong Direction" / In Which State Was Abuja Before It Was Made The Nation's Capital? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lagos State Was Never Capital Of Nigeria by christistruth01: 11:36pm On Jan 05, 2023
omonnakoda:
You argue blndly.
Colony as a word has a legal and ordinary lay meaning
In British law 1914 there is a difference between a Protectorate and a Colony
Humbly take time to inquire
The exonym for Nigeria was
The Colony and Protectorate of Nigeria.
The Colony=The Colony of Lagos
In British law there were fundamental differences. The Colony Treaty for Lagos made it a Crown Possession/dependent Territory.This is relevant here to distinguish Colony from other parts of Lagos State (Protectorate)and that is why the passport issue is relevant
These links should help
https://www.gov.uk/types-of-british-nationality/british-overseas-territories-citizen
https://www.whatpassport.com/countries/United-Kingdom/Passport_and_Nationality/Citizen_of_the_UK_and_Colonies_Passport_(CUKC)

All of this should help us understand what was CAPITAL OF NIGERIA=LAGOS COLONY
Not Lagos State

At independence all of Lagos was included in the Western Region though Lagos Island was the FCT for administrative purposes

In 1960 Amuwo odofin, Ijora,Apapa etc were all part of Awolowo’s Ikeja Division in the Western Region

The FG later leased more land from the Western Region

It was the condition on Which independence was agreed with Awolowo
Awolowo refused to let go of any part of Lagos and insisted Lagos was part of the West which it still is today

1 Like

Re: Lagos State Was Never Capital Of Nigeria by baretalk: 6:04am On Jan 06, 2023
freeborn02:

In your dumb head, anyone supporting Obi is automatically an igbo man. grin

Buroda Dindinrin grin

Remind me of what goes on at kidnappers den in ibadan and ogun state again. Oponu ayirada. cheesy
Obi the thief can only deceive fools like you, I can't support an empty barrel, even though he is from heaven. Flaat head pig.

1 Like

Re: Lagos State Was Never Capital Of Nigeria by christistruth01: 6:12am On Jan 06, 2023
grin

1 Like

Re: Lagos State Was Never Capital Of Nigeria by christistruth01: 7:14am On Jan 06, 2023
omonnakoda:
in 1960 there was Ikeja LGA?
Or what is your point?

Re: Lagos State Was Never Capital Of Nigeria by omonnakoda: 7:58am On Jan 06, 2023
christistruth01:

At independence all of Lagos was included in the Western Region though Lagos Island was the FCT for administrative purposes

In 1960 Amuwo odofin, Ijora,Apapa etc were all part of Awolowo’s Ikeja Division in the Western Region

The FG later leased more land from the Western Region

It was the condition on Which independence was agreed with Awolowo
Awolowo refused to let go of any part of Lagos and insisted Lagos was part of the West which it still is today
please stop quoting me . It is clear you another type of IPOB,A liar and an idiot. I have been wasting my time
Re: Lagos State Was Never Capital Of Nigeria by christistruth01: 8:01am On Jan 06, 2023
omonnakoda:
please stop quoting me . It is clear you another type of IPOB,A liar and an idiot. I have been wasting my time

Did the Truth pain you that much ?

1 Like

Re: Lagos State Was Never Capital Of Nigeria by freeborn02: 9:25am On Jan 06, 2023
baretalk:

Obi the thief can only deceive fools like you, I can't support an empty barrel, even though he is from heaven. Flaat head pig.

I'm deceived by Obi the thief, while you are deceived by tinubu the armed robber.
Ask your cursed head which is worse between a thief and an armed robber. Dindinrin ni e.

We can hear everything Peter Obi says clearly. When tinubu talks, he talks like a drug dealer sniffing his own hard drug.

Balabloo bloo blu bulaba. grin

So, ask your cursed head again which between the two is empty upstairs.

Apoda oloshi ni e. grin
Re: Lagos State Was Never Capital Of Nigeria by Odibembem: 6:41pm On Jan 06, 2023
emmanuelbrown26:

We are not talking about PA Awolowo here. We are talking about what an ignoramus like op posted.
Telling d world that Lagos state was never a capital of Nigeria is shame to d op and those that paid for his school fees.

Despite the attempts to educate u, u are still making a fool of yourself? Is there any country in the word that has a State or Province or Region as capital? Is DC, London, Paris, Accra, Moscow, Pretoria or Nairobi a State or Province? It's cities that are national capitals not states or Province or regions. Likewise LAGOS STATE was NEVER the capital of Nigeria rather the capital was Lagos Island or Lagos city. Is this something too hard for the akamu in your block head to understand? Examination malpractice really bailed out so many of you.
Re: Lagos State Was Never Capital Of Nigeria by Odibembem: 9:19pm On Jan 06, 2023
emmanuelbrown26:

We are not talking about PA Awolowo here. We are talking about what an ignoramus like op posted.
Telling d world that Lagos state was never a capital of Nigeria is shame to d op and those that paid for his school fees.

Is it that you are incapable of learning despite the effort of so many on this thread? No country in the world has a state or province or region as it's capital, only cities are national capitals like London, Paris, Washington DC, Accra, Freetown, Nairobi, Cairo, etc. Same applied to Nigeria, Lagos city (Lagos Island) was the capital of Nigeria and not Lagos State. Examination malpractice really did so much harm to many of you

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Tinubu Gives Judges 35billion Naira / Obasanjo: Nigeria's Best President So Far? / Pdp Says Jonathan Can Contest

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.