Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,179,400 members, 7,908,176 topics. Date: Thursday, 01 August 2024 at 08:36 PM

The Tyra Banks Show - Fashion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / The Tyra Banks Show (8000 Views)

List Of Celebrities At The Emmy Awards - Tyra Banks Topping Our Chart / Tyra Wants You / Tyra Banks: America Next Top Model (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Tyra Banks Show by da808cutie(f): 10:02pm On Mar 05, 2006
chinani:

@ okwy

sorry if i sounded critical b/c that's not what i meant. rather i think these things are just her quirks. we all have them. when i see that she's being quirky, i laugh. when i catch myself being quirky, i laugh louder.

my laughter doesnt mean i hate her or myself. nor does my critique.
i swear you're just like me. If i find myself acting the fool, i laugh harder than every1 else.

And what's up with her promoting her mother?Supermama?? And has anyone noticed how there's no theme to the episodes? they always divert from romance to fashion or dating to something else etc etc
Re: The Tyra Banks Show by cabali(m): 11:01pm On Mar 05, 2006
I say the girl is as confused as her make makes her look!

there is no foundation for the show and only kids of 20 and younger will like such shows. those in this age limit that dont like it are the mature ones and those above that like it are the immature adults
Re: The Tyra Banks Show by Eastcoast(f): 12:57am On Mar 07, 2006
hmm. tyra is just trying. she is really struggling to keep the show alive. i know it isn't easy but, she tries really hard to copy oprah. anyway i heard that she is going to take over oprah's show very soon. As for tyra there is something she does that i really don't agree with. she makes all these girls to expose themselves on air. she also tries hard to be very caring which i doubt she really is. any one watch the season 4 of america's top model and see the way she shouted at tiffany, you would agree with me that aall her compasion on her show is fake. she tries to be a source of inspiration n motivation but she really isn't. well if she keeps hussling as she presently is, she will manage to keep the show running. however, i would suggest that she signs back on as a model.
Re: The Tyra Banks Show by chinani(f): 1:20am On Mar 07, 2006
i don't want to hate on tyra but she could NEVER take over oprah's show & do it justice. oprah, for all her faults, is a product of environment, opportunity, abuse, a journalism DEGREE, and a unique personality. imitation is the best form of flattery but tyra could never do oprah's show justice.
Re: The Tyra Banks Show by bluenubian(f): 1:32am On Mar 07, 2006
yeah, that show is horrible, you can tell she is trying so hard to be at least compared to oprah, but her show will stay on air i believe, why, i dont know, but hey it can only hopefully get better
Re: The Tyra Banks Show by Reba(f): 3:00pm On Mar 07, 2006
Please give the gal a break,i think the show its ok.I watch it sometimes only when I find it on when I get home from work .I think the gal has courage that most young women don't have and she is just trying her level best and for that matter she is still coming but in a near future if the show still exists she will be much succesfull.She will be a queen of talk one day because she got potentials.
Re: The Tyra Banks Show by Eastcoast(f): 5:04pm On Mar 07, 2006
i agree with you reba, tyra has the potential. but she still got a lot of work to do. u know, there is room for improvement.
Re: The Tyra Banks Show by bluenubian(f): 8:39pm On Mar 07, 2006
Reba:

Please give the girl a break,i think the show its ok.I watch it sometimes only when I find it on when I get home from work .I think the girl has courage that most young women don't have and she is just trying her level best and for that matter she is still coming but in a near future if the show still exists she will be much succesfull.She will be a queen of talk one day because she got potentials.
sure MISS REBA, give her a break, u only watch the show when u see it on, she needs the criticism, as of now she sucks, u gotta compare her to the best, maybe she will get better, she can get worse
Re: The Tyra Banks Show by da808cutie(f): 9:59pm On Mar 07, 2006
How can Tyra Banks take over Oprah Winfrey's show, that makes absolutely no sense except if u meant she'll get better.
And she had her reason for shouting at Tiffany which i believe was justified, it was talked about with Tiffany on her show. But your point of her trying to hard to look caring i think is still justified.
Re: The Tyra Banks Show by omogenaija(f): 11:56pm On Mar 07, 2006
cabali:

the show host does not have the moral and psychological capacity to run that kind of show! how would she advice someone that fights like she is known to be in the event of?

Oprah and amanda lewis is way out of reach for tyra, she should make the show with concentrates on fashion and modelling, then, we will appreciate it because she has been in the game!

Amanda Lewis ?

That show was canceled right

I haven't seen or head of it in like 4 years
Re: The Tyra Banks Show by Reba(f): 12:32pm On Mar 08, 2006
Thanks Eastcoast,at least some one agreed with me.It is true that she needs an improvement but her show is not realy bad as most of u are saying, because u are watching it.
Re: The Tyra Banks Show by Eastcoast(f): 4:03pm On Mar 08, 2006
hey y'all, they are starting another season of america's next top model today. is anyone into it? anyway, i guess we really should stop hating on the lady. wot do y'all think about montel? in my opinion i think he is worse than tyra. he is very boring. there is usually no live in the studio. he rarely says anything funny, i don't even know, what do y'all think?
Re: The Tyra Banks Show by keishalyn(f): 5:08pm On Mar 08, 2006
Tyra is so awesome i think it is awesome that she is trying to help people with their problems!!!! AMERICAN'S NEXT TOP MODEL IS STARTING!!!!!!
Re: The Tyra Banks Show by SweetnSour(f): 8:53pm On Mar 08, 2006
Bunch of HATERS
Re: The Tyra Banks Show by vickybabe(f): 7:16pm On Mar 11, 2006
i don't know what y'all sayinh but i love the tyra banks show.
and people we should support Nnenna all the way may God help us.
Re: The Tyra Banks Show by Bruekeleen: 10:01am On Mar 12, 2006
Guess who is laughing straight to the bank? Tyra Banks.
Re: The Tyra Banks Show by omogenaija(f): 12:05am On Mar 13, 2006
was that suppose to be funny ??
Re: The Tyra Banks Show by Bruekeleen: 8:35pm On Mar 14, 2006
It's funny in a way. Despite what some people on this forum say about her show that "its fake;it sucks; she's Oprah wannabe;and that the show is a complete waste of time," but guess who is laughing to the bank with he fat pay (contract ) check in $ ? It's Tryra Bank.
Think about how many young, up and coming models her show has brought to fame? Our own Nnenna, God willing, would soon be among the list.
Another thing, it was also her show, same Tyra Banks show, that brought a young 16 year old Nigerian girl (fashion designer) by the name Chi Chi to the national focus. I beg, make una leave Tyra alone.
Re: The Tyra Banks Show by Reba(f): 8:32am On Mar 15, 2006
Brukleen or what ever ur name is, Its not funny at all and u have'nt made ur point yet go watch the show again or go suck the lemon.
Re: The Tyra Banks Show by Eastcoast(f): 12:14pm On Mar 15, 2006
@brukeleen, we all know that is tyra that receives the pay check afterall, she worked for it. we are only sharing our personal views of the show. u could either contribute positively otherwise exit the page rather than critizing everyone.
Re: The Tyra Banks Show by Radiant(f): 2:07pm On Mar 24, 2006
hehehehe, the show is aight but y'all know what Tyra is up to? did u guys watch the episode with Naomi?Tyra gave up modellin because of Naomi and was too lazy to maintain the food regime.can't y'all see how she looks now?she's just doin the show so she don't loose her fame shocked and again I wonder who dresses her because she looks pretty tawdry most of d time     plz no offence to her "fanatics" but i think Tyra is forcin to be accepted n loved always cryin on TV n all that ish.   newaz,watever!
Re: The Tyra Banks Show by chinani(f): 7:00pm On Mar 24, 2006
I missed the Naomi Campbell episode. I'm not really a fan of the show, but [i]that [/i]I wanted to see.
Re: The Tyra Banks Show by Eastcoast(f): 12:52am On Mar 25, 2006
she said they had been fighting becoz they are each other's competition.anyway they have reconciled.
Re: The Tyra Banks Show by luvu567(f): 6:35pm On Mar 25, 2006
her stylist needs help. She be looking like she dress up in the dark.
Re: The Tyra Banks Show by Free(f): 8:31pm On Mar 27, 2006
lipsrsealedcheesy cheesy cheesy lipsrsealed
Re: The Tyra Banks Show by hotangel2(f): 7:41am On Mar 28, 2006
luvu567:

her stylist needs help. She be looking like she dress up in the dark.

Nuhh uhhh u soo wrong.

I think the tyra banks show is a whole new tyra that most people have never seen before. And it's taking them alot to accept her for what she put herself to be on the show. That's her real self, u can't fake talking to real people about their problems. Even if you fake it, you can't fake it for LONG. She's showing a whole side of herself that we've never seen. She's tryna tell us all that she isn't just a Victoria secret model, she lives a normal life. She's gone thru break ups. Fashion diasasters , bad hair days, and so many other things young women go thru. She talks abt her life and she goes out there to help real women.

Sometimes she acts funny in a freaky way, but you should know she's just trying to please the critics. they'll do just abt anything to bring her down, esp when she's a super model, u know the stereotype, as in, Model, talk show host? Hello, This ain't Spring break.!!

I think she's tryna break that! The girl got wat it takes, but she has a LOng ass freaking way to meet my grandmother (OPrah).
Re: The Tyra Banks Show by luvu567(f): 9:04pm On Mar 28, 2006
I know she's trying to please the viewers but while she doing that she has to look like she looked in the mirror.
Re: The Tyra Banks Show by Radiant(f): 9:46pm On Mar 28, 2006
hot-angel excuse me?? is like u din't understand wat i said huh? TYRA is doin this show to still maintain her fame and her name "Tyra Banks".she isn't doin this show coz she really likes any1, dis is all political my dear.I think Tyra has a kind heart tho' but d hell no dats not why she's doin d show. I remb d "sisterhood" thingy she started, inviting all 'em sis like mary J, eve n d rest of 'em. these r all camo girl, she's tryna get as close n friendly as possible to people so can be accepted n loved.and a way to do dat is by exposin Victoria's secret in d name of "exposin d dark side of modellin" ?Abeg spare me on dis one.Tyra is fakin 80% of d show.y would she quit modellin if she had a "strong personality" and din't fear critics? no matter wat she was goin thru with Noami C, every1 liked Tyra back in d days of hey modellin and now she has nothin to uphold her fame, she's fighting critics by cryin on TV and exposin her tits? ohhh plz! abeg she should better watch her weight and probably change dat her freakin stylist dat brings out d worst in her grin
Re: The Tyra Banks Show by luvu567(f): 9:59pm On Mar 28, 2006
she has gained A LOT of wieght!!!!!
Re: The Tyra Banks Show by Eastcoast(f): 10:22pm On Mar 28, 2006
@ luvu567, u could say that again. wink
Re: The Tyra Banks Show by hotangel2(f): 11:20pm On Mar 28, 2006
Okay now, r y'all just making know u hating? She looks like a healthy woman, Gained weight? Well she needs some meat. She still looks healthy to me, (maybe because Im fat). But seriously, she looks just like the average woman.
Re: The Tyra Banks Show by Eastcoast(f): 11:22pm On Mar 28, 2006
did y'all watch one episode wear she put on a fat suit and went on the streets? she was like pple were discriminating her because of her appearance.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Download Video: How To Tie Party Guest Gele Tutorial / DIY ORGANIC PRODUCTS / How To Have Natural White Teeth In 3 Minutes And 3 Steps

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.