Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,169,741 members, 7,875,858 topics. Date: Saturday, 29 June 2024 at 11:36 PM

Why Do Anything If We All Die ? - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Why Do Anything If We All Die ? (517 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Do Anything If We All Die ? by sukkot: 1:35pm On Jan 11, 2023
why do anything if we all die and everything withers away into nothingness. our achievements also wither away into nothingness. so in the end ? nothing really matters. not even the opinions of others because those others also die too and vanish into nothingness and disappear and so as you can see ? nothing in life matters, not your achievements and not the opinion of others. and so i am not in a rush to get anywhere in life because in the end ? it doesnt matter. nothing matters and so live how you want to live because nothing matters and its all meaningless.this is the nihilistic perspective to life and i think its a FREEING perspective that calms you down and makes you enjoy life more. do you think you can adopt this perspective or you are just too caught up in the matrix chasing your own tail and chasing down meaningless achievements to entertain it ?

3 Likes

Re: Why Do Anything If We All Die ? by meobizy(f): 5:11pm On Jan 11, 2023
You still dey ask this question without answer.
Re: Why Do Anything If We All Die ? by Nobody: 8:39pm On Jan 11, 2023
Zilch.
Re: Why Do Anything If We All Die ? by sukkot: 7:40am On Jan 12, 2023
meobizy:
You still dey ask this question without answer.
hehe . these are just philosophical musings
Re: Why Do Anything If We All Die ? by sukkot: 7:44am On Jan 12, 2023
fulausa:
Wow, you are beyond depressing. I don’t want to think like you; I’m not ready to give up. Sorry…

The point is that we don’t know what happens when we parish, therefore, we try to make ourselves happy and comfortable before we go. We don’t know if we have a conscious thought or memory after death. It’d be nice to share life with other people still.
lol nobody said give up , in fact its quite the opposite in that you will start to enjoy life better if you know its meaningless and you will be more inclined to create and define your own way of enjoying it and surviving and also more inclined to break away from old laid out conventions that makes life stressful while trying to achieve these things.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Anything If We All Die ? by Nobody: 4:37pm On Jan 12, 2023
Zilch.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Do Anything If We All Die ? by Fejoku: 10:49am On Jan 17, 2023
Why eat if we will still shit it out?
Why drink if we will still pee and sweat it out?
Why sleep if we will still wake up?
If you can answer these questions very well as to how it relates to the body, you can answer your own question as to how it relates to the soul.
Humans differ from other animals because we have souls. It is the longing of our souls that drives us into the most activities and endeavours we do which partly helps to satisfy the desires of our bodies.
Animals however are basically preoccupied with just surviving and passing on their genes to the next generation. They have no desires for legacy and improvements like we do.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

deleted / Trendy Habit On Social Network / I Want To Learn How To Speak Yoruba

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.