Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,967 members, 7,890,185 topics. Date: Monday, 15 July 2024 at 10:38 AM

Uk's First Satellite Launch Fails As Rocket Suffers 'anomaly' - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Uk's First Satellite Launch Fails As Rocket Suffers 'anomaly' (1355 Views)

Turkish MP Suffers Heart Attack Right After Cursing Israel ( Video) / Iran Rocket Launch Fails To Put Payload Into Orbit / Samuel Kobina Annim Suffers Stroke On Live TV (Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Uk's First Satellite Launch Fails As Rocket Suffers 'anomaly' by Kingsnairaland(m): 9:11pm On Jan 11, 2023
UK's first satellite launch fails as rocket suffers 'anomaly'

https://www.independent.co.uk/space/rocket-launch-failure-uk-anomaly-cornwall-virgin-orbit-b2259199.html

The UK’s first-ever space mission has failed after “an anomaly” prevented the Virgin Orbit rocket from reaching orbit.

The rocket and the nine satellites it was carrying, reportedly burned up in the atmosphere after the launch failed.

It was projected to land over water, but burned up in Earth’s atmosphere on reentry, according to New Scientist.

Shortly before midnight, an official on the live stream announced the rocket suffered an “anomaly” that meant it failed to reach orbit.

The launch was an opportunity for Virgin Orbit to show its investors what it was capable of, but the failure has led to its tanking as much as a third in after-hours trading and is set for a $200m fall.

The launch was set to be the first-ever rocket launch from UK soil, as well as the first time that satellites have been launched from Europe.

Virgin Orbit’s unusual system sees a plane carry the rocket up to 35,000 feet, before dropping it off to carry its satellites into space.

Recommended

https://newseu.cgtn.com/news/2023-01-10/UK-s-first-satellite-launch-fails-as-rocket-suffers-anomaly--1gtW90htONO/index.html?utm_term=Autofeed&utm_medium=Social&utm_source=Facebook&fbclid=IwAR1HEDHx36G65b5F_JxVO_cZEZ2g7kLzQC54ncLhFZLPJPN30bA1CuCHjmc#Echobox=1673393208

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Uk's First Satellite Launch Fails As Rocket Suffers 'anomaly' by Kingsnairaland(m): 10:04pm On Jan 11, 2023
Can't build rockets properly is it hypersonic weapons that they can build lol.

5 Likes

Re: Uk's First Satellite Launch Fails As Rocket Suffers 'anomaly' by owobokiri(m): 10:10pm On Jan 11, 2023
These are the ones challenging China and Russia.
The UK and The French are dead powers without The Americans.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Uk's First Satellite Launch Fails As Rocket Suffers 'anomaly' by nedu666: 10:27pm On Jan 11, 2023
Am confused. Dis uk wey we dey neva lunch satellite b4. Dis is surprising

3 Likes

Re: Uk's First Satellite Launch Fails As Rocket Suffers 'anomaly' by ken6488(m): 10:29pm On Jan 11, 2023
Russia has hypersonic

6 Likes

Re: Uk's First Satellite Launch Fails As Rocket Suffers 'anomaly' by obedience4(m): 10:46am On Jan 12, 2023
Kingsnairaland:
Can't build rockets properly is it hypersonic weapons that they can build lol.

Please come down, only few countries like the USA has virtually all defence sector in their palms.
Can you compared the Russia Navy with the Royal Navy of the UK, the Russia Navy that's in decline.
Russia is a pioneer of rocket engineering and so has a stake at rocket combustion and other related field.
Yet Russia is lagging behind when it comes to AI, even drone technology Russia is lagging behind.
Even if the UK launch Failed they will still try again
It wasn't up to 5 years that China started it one space program,

2 Likes

Re: Uk's First Satellite Launch Fails As Rocket Suffers 'anomaly' by Kingsnairaland(m): 10:57am On Jan 12, 2023
obedience4:

Please come down, only few countries like the USA has virtually all defence sector in their palms.
Can you compared the Russia Navy with the Royal Navy of the UK, the Russia Navy that's in decline.
Russia is a pioneer of rocket engineering and so has a stake at rocket combustion and other related field.
Yet Russia is lagging behind when it comes to AI, even drone technology Russia is lagging behind.

Google where putin said he who rules in AI rules the world this shows Russia is a master on that field.

2 Likes

Re: Uk's First Satellite Launch Fails As Rocket Suffers 'anomaly' by obedience4(m): 12:16pm On Jan 13, 2023
Kingsnairaland:

Google where putin said he who rules in AI rules the world this shows Russia is a master on that field.

Russia is the master of artificial intelligence grin grin
Best joke so far this new year.. grin
After the USA, were AI was formed and develop, next is China..
Russia master of Ai grin grin grin grin
Re: Uk's First Satellite Launch Fails As Rocket Suffers 'anomaly' by Kingsnairaland(m): 3:32pm On Jan 13, 2023
obedience4:

Russia is the master of artificial intelligence grin grin
Best joke so far this new year.. grin
After the USA, were AI was formed and develop, next is China..
Russia master of Ai grin grin grin grin

No one rules over ai yet.

https://www.mytectra.com/blog/russias-president-putin-whoever-masters-artificial-intelligence-will-rule-world

Re: Uk's First Satellite Launch Fails As Rocket Suffers 'anomaly' by obedience4(m): 3:41pm On Jan 13, 2023
Kingsnairaland:

No one rules over ai yet.

https://www.mytectra.com/blog/russias-president-putin-whoever-masters-artificial-intelligence-will-rule-world

Lol, I believe you have research and found out that the USA is lights years ahead of anyone in the game.
USA companies Google inc, Amazon, Tesla, Microsoft, meta inc, are all dancing with AI.
Bro the USA is far far ahead in the AI race..
Re: Uk's First Satellite Launch Fails As Rocket Suffers 'anomaly' by Elvictor: 4:00pm On Jan 13, 2023
obedience4:

Lol, I believe you have research and found out that the USA is lights years ahead of anyone in the game.
USA companies Google inc, Amazon, Tesla, Microsoft, meta inc, are all dancing with AI.

Not UK again, is now US grin grin grin

Stop excusing that third world country UK with world wide sponsors

UK is a useless country in all indices, royal navy ke, royal navy ko

5 Likes

Re: Uk's First Satellite Launch Fails As Rocket Suffers 'anomaly' by obedience4(m): 4:15pm On Jan 13, 2023
Elvictor:

Not UK again, is now US grin grin grin

Stop excusing that third world country UK with world wide sponsors

UK is a useless country in all indices, royal navy ke, royal navy ko

Please dude go back to my previous comments and counter comments so you can get the full story of how we go to AI and the USA been the best In the game.

Also apart from the USA Navy then the peoples liberation Navy, the UK Royal Navy is the best.
A simple research will do you a lot of good.
Re: Uk's First Satellite Launch Fails As Rocket Suffers 'anomaly' by Elvictor: 7:03pm On Jan 13, 2023
obedience4:

Please dude go back to my previous comments and counter comments so you can get the full story of how we go to AI and the USA been the best In the game.

Also apart from the USA Navy then the peoples liberation Navy, the UK Royal Navy is the best.

It is embarrassing to be arguing with you, a simple google search would have save you from this embarrassment, although, I have no choice but to correct you

1 Like

Re: Uk's First Satellite Launch Fails As Rocket Suffers 'anomaly' by Kingsnairaland(m): 8:10pm On Jan 13, 2023
obedience4:

talk is cheap Google will not tell you that Russia and China is light years ahead of USA in ai....

But In hypersonic weapons which ai calculate Russia is number one and Google will tell you that one because Russia first produce hypersonic weapons while USA is struggling to m

1 Like

Re: Uk's First Satellite Launch Fails As Rocket Suffers 'anomaly' by obedience4(m): 8:53pm On Jan 13, 2023
Elvictor:

It is embarrassing to be arguing with you, a simple google search would have save you from this embarrassment, although, I have no choice but to correct you

When I say research I don't mean you should Google top Navies,it only normal google will rank the navies according size and number of surface ships. The Russia Navy is old and outdated, they still use old Soviet era tech, the royal Navy after the USA and China is the most advance and modern Navy
When I say research I mean research, if I wanted you to Google I will tell you,
Re: Uk's First Satellite Launch Fails As Rocket Suffers 'anomaly' by olugabbie(m): 11:18pm On Jan 13, 2023
obedience4:

The Royal Navy used to be the most powerful navy in the world. But not anymore. It naval fleet has shrunk drastically. Russian navy is far ahead of the Royal Navy. Russian Navy main strength is her Submarine fleet. Apart from the US, no other country has more capable Submarine fleet than Russia.

Russia Navy is huge. Although not as big as US & Chinese Navy. They have the Pacific Fleet (the most powerful Russian warships & Submarine belong to the Pacific fleet). They have Baltic fleet, Northern fleet, Black sea fleet and the Caspian Flotilla.

Russian navy is not built to project power outside Russia. But to protect Russian coast lines. Russian ships carry enormous fire power. A small Russian Corvette can launch anti ship cruise missile and can also strike land target.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Uk's First Satellite Launch Fails As Rocket Suffers 'anomaly' by Masterviolence(m): 11:41pm On Jan 13, 2023
obedience4:

You always talk about research but I don't understand what you wrote here.

1 Like

Re: Uk's First Satellite Launch Fails As Rocket Suffers 'anomaly' by Elvictor: 11:44pm On Jan 13, 2023
obedience4:

When I say research I don't mean you should Google top Navies,it only normal google will rank the navies according size and number of surface ships. The Russia Navy is old and outdated, they still use old Soviet era tech, the royal Navy after the USA and China is the most advance and modern Navy
When I say research I mean research, if I wanted you to Google I will tell you,

grin angry grin grin

Who is to fund the research?
Re: Uk's First Satellite Launch Fails As Rocket Suffers 'anomaly' by rottennaija(m): 7:00am On Jan 14, 2023
obedience4:

This one has come again. Which royal navy? Know the meaning of the words "a ship is a fool to fight a fort"

2 Likes

Re: Uk's First Satellite Launch Fails As Rocket Suffers 'anomaly' by HornyTave1: 7:36am On Jan 14, 2023
obedience4:

all these people the white men forgot to take during slave trades makes this forum unbearable.
are you talking about the US that was beaten in 5g technology. is it not the same US that restricted Huawei in order not to run US companies out of business? abi is it not the same US that lags behind Asia countries in AI?

abeg go flush your phone,

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Uk's First Satellite Launch Fails As Rocket Suffers 'anomaly' by obedience4(m): 9:08am On Jan 14, 2023
HornyTave1:

all these people the white men forgot to take during slave trades makes this forum unbearable.
are you talking about the US that was beaten in 5g technology. is it not the same US that restricted Huawei in order not to run US companies out of business? abi is it not the same US that lags behind Asia countries in AI?

abeg go flush your phone,

Funny boy, we are talking Artificial intelligence, this one brought up 5g, I trying to sound intelligent you have only made a mockery of yourself.
The restrictions of huawei was a security assessment made by the national security agency NSA, that huawei pose a risk to the USA national security if equipments from huawei are integrated into the USA 5g network, because of the influence of the communist party on the company., you are here taking rubbish, was it only the USA that baned huawei
Australia, new Zealand, England, France, beguim, Poland, all restricted huawei. Yet because of your blinded hate you are making it a USA issue,
Ask yourself, why don't China allow USA social Media in there country, yet you foolishly wants the USA to allow a company whose owner was a formal PLA general to use it equipment in its 5g, network.
Why are intelligence officer's in the USA baned form using tiktok, someone with a low IQ like you will say the USA are jealous if tiktok, and don't want it to take over USA social media platforms, when the same China is a master of censorship.

Is like you don't understand AI, you said the USA lagging behind some Asia countries, oga name them?
When USA companies like META, Tesla, Microsoft, Apple inc, Google inc, are all playing with AI, these one is writing rubbish that the USA who is the major pioneer of AI is lagging new grin
Re: Uk's First Satellite Launch Fails As Rocket Suffers 'anomaly' by obedience4(m): 9:09am On Jan 14, 2023
Elvictor:

grin angry grin grin

Who is to fund the research?

You na grin
Re: Uk's First Satellite Launch Fails As Rocket Suffers 'anomaly' by obedience4(m): 9:16am On Jan 14, 2023
Masterviolence:

You always talk about research but I don't understand what you wrote here.

What I trying to point out was that the British nation when they were under the European Union was part of the European space agency' ESA, so this is the first time they are conducting a solo space mission.
So we have to give them some slack.
China with all it advancement, only just 5 years ago conducted its first space mission, last year sent a Rover to the moon,same with India who also made progress last year,
China also have plans to send someone into the moon, latest next year,
Soviet Union now Russia and the USA are the Major flag bearer in space exploration, so countries like Britain shouldn't be mocked for a single failed mission
Re: Uk's First Satellite Launch Fails As Rocket Suffers 'anomaly' by HornyTave1: 9:29am On Jan 14, 2023
obedience4:

Funny boy, we are talking Artificial intelligence, this one brought up 5g, I trying to sound intelligent you have only made a mockery of yourself.
The restrictions of huawei was a security assessment made by the national security agency NSA, that huawei pose a risk to the USA national security if equipments from huawei are integrated into the USA 5g network, because of the influence of the communist party on the company., you are here taking rubbish, was it only the USA that baned huawei
Australia, new Zealand, England, France, beguim, Poland, all restricted huawei. Yet because of your blinded hate you are making it a USA issue,
Ask yourself, why don't China allow USA social Media in there country, yet you foolishly wants the USA to allow a company whose owner was a formal PLA general to use it equipment in its 5g, network.
Why are intelligence officer's in the USA baned form using tiktok, someone with a low IQ like you will say the USA are jealous if tiktok, and don't want it to take over USA social media platforms, when the same China is a master of censorship.

Is like you don't understand AI, you said the USA lagging behind some Asia countries, oga name them?
When USA companies like META, Tesla, Microsoft, Apple inc, Google inc, are all playing with AI, these one is writing rubbish that the USA who is the major pioneer of AI is lagging new grin

Lol. like it is 3g that will run powerful AI.
when I mention US, I include their dogs.

when did META, Tesla, Microsoft, Apple inc, Google inc become military corporations?

let's talk about military AI. don't shift goal post

even when it comes to civilian AI, I still rate China ahead if USA.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Uk's First Satellite Launch Fails As Rocket Suffers 'anomaly' by Masterviolence(m): 9:45am On Jan 14, 2023
obedience4:

What I trying to point out was that the British nation when they were under the European Union was part of the European space agency' ESA, so this is the first time they are conducting a solo space mission.
So we have to give them some slack.
China with all it advancement, only just 5 years ago conducted its first space mission, last year sent a Rover to the moon,same with India who also made progress last year,
China also have plans to send someone into the moon, latest next year,
Soviet Union now Russia and the USA are the Major flag bearer in space exploration, so countries like Britain shouldn't be mocked for a single failed mission
Although china has proven themselves to be a big boy in space program.
I think if they're to be listed, after Russia and the u.s the next should be china.
And china also has an independent space station, something no one ever thought could happen.
It is good to point out that British are in for a long and steady decline.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Uk's First Satellite Launch Fails As Rocket Suffers 'anomaly' by obedience4(m): 9:46am On Jan 14, 2023
HornyTave1:

Lol. like it is 3g that will run powerful AI.
when I mention US, I include their dogs.

when did META, Tesla, Microsoft, Apple inc, Google inc become military corporations?

let's talk about military AI. don't shift goal post

even when it comes to civilian AI, I still rate China ahead if USA.

Seriously dude, you wanna compare the American defence industry to chinas?
The likes of Lockheed Martin inc, Boeing, Fairchild, general dynamics, Northrop Grumman, these are top ten defense companies in the world.
The GPS will all enjoy today was made by the USA military.
The first to pioneer drone technology, and use it successful in battle, the first to use infrared imaging for target and fire control, the USA Navy are also started using laser for shooting small crafts,
Please all China invention, its poster j20 fighter are all knockoff version of USA planes.
And note China weapons ain't battle tested. China hasn't been in a conflict for years now.
The USA military and its defense industry are number one in the world,
Leave AI for the USA

2 Likes

Re: Uk's First Satellite Launch Fails As Rocket Suffers 'anomaly' by Kingsnairaland(m): 10:31am On Jan 14, 2023
If you have a good ai then you can make new discoveries so when China made the 5G it shows it ai is sound

And this proves it ahead of USA

A good ai guides you to move further in innovation and producing and working on new stuff

The future is Asia not USA.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Uk's First Satellite Launch Fails As Rocket Suffers 'anomaly' by olugabbie(m): 10:35am On Jan 14, 2023
British ground troop is also small. The total British ground troops including the reservists is less than 100k. The total number of battle tank in the British army is 400.

The UK military don't has the capacity to launch large scale offensive on it own.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Uk's First Satellite Launch Fails As Rocket Suffers 'anomaly' by Kingsnairaland(m): 10:37am On Jan 14, 2023
olugabbie:
British ground troop is also small. The total British ground troops including the reservists is less than 100k. The total number of battle tank in the British army is 400.

The UK military don't has the capacity to launch large scale offensive on it own.
they only fight small nations that they can loot it resourses.

2 Likes

Re: Uk's First Satellite Launch Fails As Rocket Suffers 'anomaly' by Elvictor: 2:38pm On Jan 14, 2023
obedience4:

You na grin

grin grin

You no know wetin be research grin grin
Re: Uk's First Satellite Launch Fails As Rocket Suffers 'anomaly' by OAUTemitayo: 5:48pm On Jan 15, 2023
obedience4:

Seriously dude, you wanna compare the American defence industry to chinas?
The likes of Lockheed Martin inc, Boeing, Fairchild, general dynamics, Northrop Grumman, these are top ten defense companies in the world.
The GPS will all enjoy today was made by the USA military.
The first to pioneer drone technology, and use it successful in battle, the first to use infrared imaging for target and fire control, the USA Navy are also started using laser for shooting small crafts,
Please all China invention, its poster j20 fighter are all knockoff version of USA planes.
And note China weapons ain't battle tested. China hasn't been in a conflict for years now.
The USA military and its defense industry are number one in the world,
Leave AI for the USA
Russia doesn't use GPS, they have their own Glonass.
Same with China, Beidu or what do they even call it

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Uk's First Satellite Launch Fails As Rocket Suffers 'anomaly' by obedience4(m): 6:30pm On Jan 15, 2023
OAUTemitayo:

Russia doesn't use GPS, they have their own Glonass.
Same with China, Beidu or what do they even call it

Lol, please the GPS is use world wide, so Russia airline uses different positioning systems grin
GPS is used worldwide. GPS was only created by the USA military, now it is commercialize, GPS is used worldwide

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

U.S. Secret Service Finds Cocaine Inside White House / Pat Robertson - Haiti Is Cursed. / Poor Foremost Mathematician Who Rejected $1,000,000

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.