Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,176,784 members, 7,898,792 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 July 2024 at 07:20 PM

Should I Talk To My Neighbour About My Girlfriend - Romance (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Should I Talk To My Neighbour About My Girlfriend (5578 Views)

I Don't Know What To Say When I Talk To Girls. / My Neighbour Whose Husband Is Abroad Wants To Sleep With Me / My Neighbour Is Showing Me Green Light Despite The Fact That She's Married (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Should I Talk To My Neighbour About My Girlfriend by Lolachef(f): 8:41am On Jan 13, 2023
She's dating guy or dated before.

Maybe she don heolosho for the area before meeting u.
Re: Should I Talk To My Neighbour About My Girlfriend by lereinter(m): 9:16am On Jan 13, 2023
You are old enough to know women behaviour i
Re: Should I Talk To My Neighbour About My Girlfriend by lereinter(m): 9:16am On Jan 13, 2023
Lolachef:
She's dating guy or dated before.

Maybe she don heolosho for the area before meeting u.

Hmmm
Re: Should I Talk To My Neighbour About My Girlfriend by KINGS100(m): 9:17am On Jan 13, 2023
Talk to Mr. X, your mind is telling you to talk to him for a reason. From experience I can tell you that your girlfriend is hiding something you should be interested to know. Probably she's a runs girl and Mr. X is aware. I'm just saying.
Re: Should I Talk To My Neighbour About My Girlfriend by Jack005(m): 9:33am On Jan 13, 2023
Mr X knows so much about your girl, hence she doesn't want you to interact with him.
Re: Should I Talk To My Neighbour About My Girlfriend by SamOchuko: 11:58am On Jan 13, 2023
questioner:
Opinion needed here

I just got transferred back to Lagos in October last year and met this girl who is a secretary in one of our client office.
We sort of vibed and I asked her out, so we started dating early December.

On Christmas eve, I decided to spend the day at her place and on my way in, I met a familiar face driving in,
It was a guy who lived in the same hood with me before I left Lagos. We weren't friends really, more like acquaintance who greeted each other and knew each other on first name basis but never hung out together.
Apparently, he lives in the same apartment as my gf, He upstairs and they (my gf and family) downstairs. let's call this dude X.

When I told gf about X and how we once lived in the same area, she wasn't happy.
She said X was a bad guy and not the kind of guy to relate with bla bla.
I insisted that though I wasn't close to X, my impressions of him were an easy going dude, who rarely had trouble with anyone.

Beau insisted that he had a lot of friends coming around who were unruly and irresponsible and she just didn't like them.
I didn't really give it much thought since it wasn't like X was a close pal.

Last weekend, I had gone to pick her for an evening outing, we were outside when X was driving in again, I wasn't sure he saw me since it was dark,
so I decided to walk towards where he was parking to say hi, only for her to hold me back and insist she didn't want me to even greet him or have anything or discussions with him.
I acted chill and asked her why was she so persistence, she repeated the bad boy, rubbish guy talk.

Frankly all this has made me so curious and I am considering finding away to approach this guy and talk with him.

The opinion I need from esteemed peeps on this forum is -

1. Do you think I am being 'unnecessarily' curious by wanting to talk to X about my gf
2. If I do decide to meet him, How do you advise I broach the subject with him considering I don't even have his phone number and might need to go meet him at home
3. If you were in X's shoes would you consider it clumsy or agbaya behavior, me coming to meet you to ask about my gf - I am quite older than X, by my estimate, by 5 to 7 years or would you be cool with it

*Modified*
I think I should add here that X is recently married bout 3 months ago.
So I think it is unlikely they are CURRENTLY dating

It’s obvious the guy knows something about your girl that she’s afraid he might hence she doesn’t want you to meet with him, you’re the man in the relationship, don’t allow your woman dictate to you, best of luck.
Re: Should I Talk To My Neighbour About My Girlfriend by Silentgroper(m): 1:55pm On Jan 13, 2023
Sixfeetbelle:

What is your lot in this proposition? I'm trying to love somebody's son in exchange for his money, as per his condition. wetin concern you for here angry angry angry
I see ... No wonder you and nazgul didn't work...
Re: Should I Talk To My Neighbour About My Girlfriend by Sixfeetbelle: 2:24pm On Jan 13, 2023
Silentgroper:
I see ... No wonder you and nazgul didn't work...

I'm beginning to realise a lot of you guys on this section was invested in that relationship. cheesy

Member, association of online in-laws.
Re: Should I Talk To My Neighbour About My Girlfriend by Darkerberry: 4:10pm On Jan 13, 2023
Lol, just calm down bro, at least you only started dating this babe in December..
Your babes issue with X may not even be directly with him but as neighbors.. he might have noticed another nigga steadily coming to pick/drop ur babe and she's afraid he could tell you.. or much possible their paths have crossed somehow before and d guy will be able to tell you bout her doings..
I don't know how streeet you are though but if you have some g in you it shouldn't be a big deal approaching x.. just plan a way to bump into x and make it as cusual and natural as possible then exchange numbers.. even if she's aware of that make sure she is not aware of your further Convo wit x, if u know d career of x use that to set up an appointment with him.. like if u cud use his service or watever.. set up a meeting at a lounge, guys hardly hide things over a bottle of some wine and when dt happens jus let him know one guy jus share u d babe contact and u hardly know anything about her if na dt kind material u fit take serious or not.. don't go straight at Mr x in the Convo he could hide his dark side with her..be casual and g..
Re: Should I Talk To My Neighbour About My Girlfriend by Qatar2022: 4:41pm On Jan 13, 2023
questioner:
Opinion needed here

I just got transferred back to Lagos in October last year and met this girl who is a secretary in one of our client office.
We sort of vibed and I asked her out, so we started dating early December.

On Christmas eve, I decided to spend the day at her place and on my way in, I met a familiar face driving in,
It was a guy who lived in the same hood with me before I left Lagos. We weren't friends really, more like acquaintance who greeted each other and knew each other on first name basis but never hung out together.
Apparently, he lives in the same apartment as my gf, He upstairs and they (my gf and family) downstairs. let's call this dude X.

When I told gf about X and how we once lived in the same area, she wasn't happy.
She said X was a bad guy and not the kind of guy to relate with bla bla.
I insisted that though I wasn't close to X, my impressions of him were an easy going dude, who rarely had trouble with anyone.

Beau insisted that he had a lot of friends coming around who were unruly and irresponsible and she just didn't like them.
I didn't really give it much thought since it wasn't like X was a close pal.

Last weekend, I had gone to pick her for an evening outing, we were outside when X was driving in again, I wasn't sure he saw me since it was dark,
so I decided to walk towards where he was parking to say hi, only for her to hold me back and insist she didn't want me to even greet him or have anything or discussions with him.
I acted chill and asked her why was she so persistence, she repeated the bad boy, rubbish guy talk.

Frankly all this has made me so curious and I am considering finding away to approach this guy and talk with him.

The opinion I need from esteemed peeps on this forum is -

1. Do you think I am being 'unnecessarily' curious by wanting to talk to X about my gf
2. If I do decide to meet him, How do you advise I broach the subject with him considering I don't even have his phone number and might need to go meet him at home
3. If you were in X's shoes would you consider it clumsy or agbaya behavior, me coming to meet you to ask about my gf - I am quite older than X, by my estimate, by 5 to 7 years or would you be cool with it

*Modified*
I think I should add here that X is recently married bout 3 months ago.
So I think it is unlikely they are CURRENTLY dating
Your girlfriend is hiding something, they date and the guy have moved on but the girl is finding it difficult to move on
Re: Should I Talk To My Neighbour About My Girlfriend by Badb0y4lyf(m): 5:33pm On Jan 13, 2023
questioner:

Even if she has slept with or dated the guy, I don't see how that should be something you should be desperate to hide. I expected from day one that she had relationships before me

More reason why I am curious if there's more I should know

She ought to have told you things some related to her past and all she hiding it is a bad sign I will find out from the guy and confront her too.
Re: Should I Talk To My Neighbour About My Girlfriend by Karlifate: 6:48pm On Jan 13, 2023
DaddyRochie1642:
Jonsing man,

That's how that girl will get pregnant for x and you'll think it's your baby.

Lemme tell you a secret, when a girl continuously speaks bad about a guy, it is BECAUSE THAT GUY IGNORES HER, AND DOESN'T GIVE HER HIS ATTENTION....you said it yourself that he even has a car,

You have no idea how crazy a woman gets when a guy with car completely ignores her like she doesn't exist.... She will even personally tell their last born in her family to never ever greet you again in this life grin grin.

That your yeye girlfriend wants that guy's attention so bad and she isn't getting it, and now she has discovered that two of you knew each other before and she wants you not to greet and associate with him.
-- she is doing this as a Means of getting back at Mr X for ignoring her all these while, now she doesn't want you to even greet him.

Oga mark my words, the day that your yeye girlfriend discovers that you guys now get along, just watch closely the drama that she'll cause for the both of you, don't be surprised that she will use it as an opportunity to confront that guy on why he is associating with you her yeye boyfriend and the guy will have to explain himself by replying her and in the process giving her that his attention that she had so much desired.

Gbam!
Re: Should I Talk To My Neighbour About My Girlfriend by PureFace1(m): 8:23pm On Jan 13, 2023
questioner What are you afraid of ?
The worst case scenario is losing your girlfriend, which i'm very sure you can handle.

There is no need to be sneaky or over analysing things, tell your girlfriend straight up that you are very bother with the fact that she is stopping you from interacting with that guy.

As a man you should strive as much as possible to be independent and be your own man in a relationship. She is your girlfriend not your mommy that will be telling you what to do or who to interact with.

She is the one that have issues with the guy not you, you have a different opinion about the relationship with the guy and you should man up and let your girlfriend know your opinion is different.

If she is trying to stop you at all cost it means she is hiding something and keeping secrets, and when your girlfriend is hiding something from you she is already taking you for granted and walking over you.

Now the real question should be how much bullshits you can tolerate from your girlfriend or where your boundary is ? Only you know.

Your girlfriend shouldn't be stopping you from interacting with people , she is your girlfriend not even your wife, you are a man and can make decisions for yourself, man up and stop acting like a wimp.

If your girlfriend successfully stopped you from interacting with a guy you are ok and cool with just because she is not okay and cool with it , the show of weakness and lost power will haunt and destroy your relationship later.
Re: Should I Talk To My Neighbour About My Girlfriend by DaddyRochie1642: 10:29pm On Jan 13, 2023
PureFace1:
questioner What are you afraid of ?
The worst case scenario is losing your girlfriend, which i'm very sure you can handle.

There is no need to be sneaky or over analysing things, tell your girlfriend straight up that you are very bother with the fact that she is stopping you from interacting with that guy.

As a man you should strive as much as possible to be independent and be your own man in a relationship. She is your girlfriend not your mommy that will be telling you what to do or who to interact with.

She is the one that have issues with the guy not you, you have a different opinion about the relationship with the guy and you should man up and let your girlfriend know your opinion is different.

If she is trying to stop you at all cost it means she is hiding something and keeping secrets, and when your girlfriend is hiding something from you she is already taking you for granted and walking over you.

Now the real question should be how much bullshits you can tolerate from your girlfriend or where your boundary is ? Only you know.

Your girlfriend shouldn't be stopping you from interacting with people , she is your girlfriend not even your wife, you are a man and can make decisions for yourself, man up and stop acting like a wimp.

If your girlfriend successfully stopped you from interacting with a guy you are ok and cool with just because she is not okay and cool with it , the show of weakness and lost power will haunt and destroy your relationship later.

You are Wise

1 Like

Re: Should I Talk To My Neighbour About My Girlfriend by Aaaaarghmed(m): 12:18am On Jan 14, 2023
Hmnn

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Mad Angry American Women Blaming Nigerian Men 4 Their Failed Relationships / Is This A Sign That My Friend Want Me To Have Sex With Her Or Its A Red Flag / Am I A Virgin?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.