Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,170,627 members, 7,878,809 topics. Date: Wednesday, 03 July 2024 at 07:24 AM

2023: He Is Reason I Call Lagos Home, Okocha Endorses Tinubu - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 2023: He Is Reason I Call Lagos Home, Okocha Endorses Tinubu (39200 Views)

Kano Gov Rescues Ado Bayero’s Daughter After Eviction Notice From Lagos Home / 2023 Election: Ohanaeze Ndigbo Lagos State Endorses Tinubu, Sanwo-Olu (Photos) / Fayose Hosts Peter Obi In His Lagos Home(photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 2023: He Is Reason I Call Lagos Home, Okocha Endorses Tinubu by Osanoghodua1: 9:02am On Jan 14, 2023
Some of our brethren from South East supporting Obi are intolerance. I had to leave a group where I am an admin even though I support Obi, an Igbo sister insulted all my life and the other Igbos supported her. It's unfortunate, this intolerance is causing issues and will make some narrow minds back off. I support Obi though but I miss Osinbajo.

Maybe military will take over from Buhari, let's see.
Re: 2023: He Is Reason I Call Lagos Home, Okocha Endorses Tinubu by Ikemba007: 9:02am On Jan 14, 2023
Say what you want, Asiwaju is roundly accepted.

Revolution2022:
No be okocha with Kanu and other football retirees visit tinubu last time to collect their endorsement package?Man must wark.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2023: He Is Reason I Call Lagos Home, Okocha Endorses Tinubu by Golan007: 9:02am On Jan 14, 2023
Kenneth10110:

He went round the world but couldn't win the African best Player or record trophies for himself. Kanu for example African best twice, Champions league, EPL and FA Cup abeg just go and be playing betking.

Kanu also endorsed Tinubu.

1 person would win the highest of accolades but some would forever remain in the memory.

I remember how Okocha was mobbed the day Nigeria played England at Wembley in 2018.

Face the fact, if Okocha was your relation, you would be using him as a reference in your life.

1 Like

Re: 2023: He Is Reason I Call Lagos Home, Okocha Endorses Tinubu by Gabbriell: 9:02am On Jan 14, 2023
Xscape1993:
"If you are emotionally attached to your tribe, religion or political leaning to the point that truth and justice become secondary considerations, your education is useless. Your exposure is useless. If you cannot reason beyond petty sentiments, you are a liability to mankind.” Late Dr. Chuba Williams Okadigbo.
Re: 2023: He Is Reason I Call Lagos Home, Okocha Endorses Tinubu by Golan007: 9:03am On Jan 14, 2023
Osanoghodua1:
Some of our brethren from South East supporting Obi are intolerance. I had to leave a group where I am an admin even though I support Obi, an Igbo sister insulted all my life and the other Igbos supported her. It's unfortunate, this intolerance is causing issues and will make some narrow minds back off. I support Obi though but I miss Osinbajo.

Maybe military will take over from Buhari, let's see.

Test for malaria.

1 Like

Re: 2023: He Is Reason I Call Lagos Home, Okocha Endorses Tinubu by na2016: 9:03am On Jan 14, 2023
seunmsg:
It takes a special kind of bigotry to hate Tinubu. Like, why should anybody hate someone that is so brilliant, competent, nationalistic, and compassionate?

Tinubu abandoned a very promising and rewarding career at Mobil unlimited for public service. He fought the military until democracy was restored in Nigeria when others who are now contesting against him were simply doing business and befriending the military. He fought all the undemocratic policies of the Obasanjo administration to the point that Obasanjo seized the statutory allocation of Lagos state.

Tinubu personally ensured that democracy survived in Nigeria by keeping the opposition movement alive when PDP was doing everything possible to turn the country to a one party state. This is the same Tinubu they are hating on. The same man that has made all possible sacrifices for this country.

For sensible folks like me who understand the history of where we are coming from and the challenges ahead, we will do everything possible to ensure Bola Tinubu is elected President. He’s the best candidate in the race and he will perform better than all the others put together.

Even though Tinubu maynot be extremely bad, Shettima isn't someone that should be allowed close to Ask Rock. Do you want Afghanistan to happen to Nigeria?
Re: 2023: He Is Reason I Call Lagos Home, Okocha Endorses Tinubu by Golan007: 9:04am On Jan 14, 2023
phorget:

But people are running away from NIGERIA bros. Have you ever bothered to know why?

People are running away from Anambra state.

Lagosians aren't running away from Lagos.
Re: 2023: He Is Reason I Call Lagos Home, Okocha Endorses Tinubu by DanielPop(m): 9:04am On Jan 14, 2023
Okocha is well within his rights to visit Tinubu and thank him for privileges he received in the past. However Okocha did not endorse Tinubu. This is what Okocha is quoted to have said "even though I don’t know if you still need something. But, whatever your desire is, the Lord will grant it, especially in good health.”

He is tacitly telling Tinubu that he is greedy as his statement implies "even though I don't know if you still need something..." Okocha is smart. Pay obeisance but put your conscience across to the discerning. [/b]This is not an ENDORSEMENT but a REPUDIATION of the insatiable appetite of Tinubu for primitive accumulation and naked lust for power that has eluded him already.[b] Okocha specifically requested good health for Tinubu which we all want for him. Okocha did not mention Tinubu's quest for the Presidency even though he could have because he knows Tinubu desires that greatly. [/b]By not mentioning it deliberately, Okocha is not in support of Tinubu's political ambition.[b] This is clear to the discerning except those whose wholesale consumption of starchy Agbado has affected their thinking and vision.

Kewtt:
2023: He Is Reason I Call Lagos Home, Okocha Endorses Tinubu

https://independent.ng/2023-he-is-reason-i-call-lagos-home-okocha-endorses-tinubu/
Re: 2023: He Is Reason I Call Lagos Home, Okocha Endorses Tinubu by Owologbo(m): 9:04am On Jan 14, 2023
seunmsg:
It takes a special kind of bigotry to hate Tinubu. Like, why should anybody hate someone that is so brilliant, competent, nationalistic, and compassionate?

Tinubu abandoned a very promising and rewarding career at Mobil unlimited for public service. He fought the military until democracy was restored in Nigeria when others who are now contesting against him were simply doing business and befriending the military. He fought all the undemocratic policies of the Obasanjo administration to the point that Obasanjo seized the statutory allocation of Lagos state.

Tinubu personally ensured that democracy survived in Nigeria by keeping the opposition movement alive when PDP was doing everything possible to turn the country to a one party state. This is the same Tinubu they are hating on. The same man that has made all possible sacrifices for this country.

For sensible folks like me who understand the history of where we are coming from and the challenges ahead, we will do everything possible to ensure Bola Tinubu is elected President. He’s the best candidate in the race and he will perform better than all the others put together.

If you like you can even testify to how tinubu help your mother gave birth to you. No reasonable Nigerian will be moved to vote for your dubious, sick candidate.

1 Like

Re: 2023: He Is Reason I Call Lagos Home, Okocha Endorses Tinubu by Robenna(m): 9:04am On Jan 14, 2023
even though I don’t know if you still need something.

This part says it all
What does this nigga need
Re: 2023: He Is Reason I Call Lagos Home, Okocha Endorses Tinubu by phorget(m): 9:05am On Jan 14, 2023
johnjose68:

Yisus

You even know Lagos story more than Anambra cool.

I.pob cretins and gremlins.

Emi lo kan ♾️. Get it into your flat i.pobian cretin skull.

Your dullard brain wont allow you a functional brain. History could however help polish your dead brains so please endeavor to know the history regarding the existence of Lagos state before you start spilling rubbish.
Armed Tinubu only came to limelight in 1999, Lagos has been existing long before your godfather.
Re: 2023: He Is Reason I Call Lagos Home, Okocha Endorses Tinubu by Golan007: 9:06am On Jan 14, 2023
Osanoghodua1:
Tinubu is a good man in terms of capacity and human connection. He has friends everywhere. Just that he's old and not fit for the number 1 spot and secondly the Muslim/Muslim ticket which is a Jihadist ticket as revealed by a Kano cleric.

This election is going to be highly contested, anything can happen. I need Obi for now.

A Kano cleric whom you never knew about and whose name you would have to Google even now.
Re: 2023: He Is Reason I Call Lagos Home, Okocha Endorses Tinubu by phorget(m): 9:06am On Jan 14, 2023
Golan007:

But ”the owner of Lagos” will always run to the UK...why?
Re: 2023: He Is Reason I Call Lagos Home, Okocha Endorses Tinubu by Slurity(m): 9:06am On Jan 14, 2023
This are the people that understands what good governance is not religion and tribal bigotry infested mind. Tinubu is the best candidate contesting. How I wish WIKE is contesting under PDP. I WOULD HAVE PREFERS WIKE, BUT NOW, NOBODY IS CLOSE TO TINUBU
Re: 2023: He Is Reason I Call Lagos Home, Okocha Endorses Tinubu by CSTRR: 9:07am On Jan 14, 2023
So before Tinubu, non-indigenes could not stay in Lagos?

Nnamdi Azikiwe lived in Lagos for crying out loud.
That was in the 40s.

Anyway, these are the elites.

Far removed from the condition of the common man.

The same with the likes of taribo west, amokachi and co.

Hustlers looking to fund their expensive lifestyle.

If you allow them decide your future, that is your cup of tea.
Re: 2023: He Is Reason I Call Lagos Home, Okocha Endorses Tinubu by MyVILLAGEpeople(m): 9:07am On Jan 14, 2023
RenaissanceGuy:
These praises are too much. From Asari to Okocha to a, b, c.

I have never joined the bandwagon of people who at every opportunity call Tinubu a drug lord.

But one thing I know about people into drug dealings and violent crimes, generally, from my knowledge of history, is that they're usually very good to the 'civilian' population and ruthless to law enforcement agents and competing gangs.

Same traits of Pablo Escobar who became the Robin hood of Medellin his hometown. He was killed after making attempt to run for the office of the president of Columbia. He would have won of course because he was loved all over the country for his philanthropic deeds. But remember his hands was also soiled in blood!

1 Like

Re: 2023: He Is Reason I Call Lagos Home, Okocha Endorses Tinubu by nairamaniac: 9:08am On Jan 14, 2023
seunmsg:

But his head is no longer correct!

So what do we do?

Re: 2023: He Is Reason I Call Lagos Home, Okocha Endorses Tinubu by Golan007: 9:09am On Jan 14, 2023
phorget:

But ”the owner of Lagos” will always run to the UK...why?

Tinibu lives in Ikoyi.
Re: 2023: He Is Reason I Call Lagos Home, Okocha Endorses Tinubu by CSTRR: 9:09am On Jan 14, 2023
Golan007:

Nnamdi Azikiwe lived in Lagos.

The first vice Chancellor of unilag was an Igbo man.

Where was Tinubu?

What is your state of origin?

Why are you not in your state of origin ?
Re: 2023: He Is Reason I Call Lagos Home, Okocha Endorses Tinubu by CSTRR: 9:10am On Jan 14, 2023
Igbos and other non-indigenes have lived in Lagos before Tinubu came back from his drug dealing business in Chicago.
Re: 2023: He Is Reason I Call Lagos Home, Okocha Endorses Tinubu by phorget(m): 9:10am On Jan 14, 2023
Golan007:

Tinibu lives in Ikoyi.

Is he supposed to live under Oshodi bridge?
Re: 2023: He Is Reason I Call Lagos Home, Okocha Endorses Tinubu by Diligence: 9:11am On Jan 14, 2023
When you endorse someone like Tinubu, what are the reasons:
1. Agberoism in Lagos
2. Indebtedness for generations unborn
3. Muslim-Muslim ticket
4. Insecurity
5. Education relegation
6. Inflation
7. Nigeria: Poverty capital of the world

Indeed, selfishness, runs deeper in some people's blood.

Take Back Your Country
RescueNigeriaNowFromAPC
Re: 2023: He Is Reason I Call Lagos Home, Okocha Endorses Tinubu by Golan007: 9:11am On Jan 14, 2023
CSTRR:
So before Tinubu, non-indigenes could not stay in Lagos?

Nnamdi Azikiwe lived in Lagos for crying out loud.
That was in the 40s.

Anyway, these are the elites.

Far removed from the condition of the common man.

The same with the likes of taribo west, amokachi and co.

Hustlers looking to fund their expensive lifestyle.

If you allow them decide your future, that is your cup of tea.

We see people fleeing Anambra state like their lives depend on it which they actually do.

1 Like

Re: 2023: He Is Reason I Call Lagos Home, Okocha Endorses Tinubu by Golan007: 9:13am On Jan 14, 2023
CSTRR:

Nnamdi Azikiwe lived in Lagos.

The first vice Chancellor of unilag was an Igbo man.

Where was Tinubu?

What is your state of origin?

Why are you not in your state of origin ?

In 1993, Igbos that lived in Lagos ran away as the military held sway.

Suddenly, you are telling me about Azikiwe.

Why did the Igbos run back to Lagos after Tinubu?

I can give you examples - Peter and Paul Okoye.

1 Like

Re: 2023: He Is Reason I Call Lagos Home, Okocha Endorses Tinubu by Golan007: 9:13am On Jan 14, 2023
phorget:

Is he supposed to live under Oshodi bridge?

You claim he is always in UK.
Re: 2023: He Is Reason I Call Lagos Home, Okocha Endorses Tinubu by Kenneth10110(m): 9:14am On Jan 14, 2023
Golan007:

Kanu also endorsed Tinubu.

1 person would win the highest of accolades but some would forever remain in the memory.

I remember how Okocha was mobbed the day Nigeria played England at Wembley in 2018.

Face the fact, if Okocha was your relation, you would be using him as a reference in your life.

Mr Endorsement Kanu is from Imo state let's see if Tinubu will get 2% vote from there and ill rather use Kanu as reference compared to Okocha he has more trophies, honours and we even more related then he has a better reason to thank Tinubu rather than Lagos and betking excuses.
Re: 2023: He Is Reason I Call Lagos Home, Okocha Endorses Tinubu by CSTRR: 9:14am On Jan 14, 2023
Golan007:

We see people fleeing Anambra state like their lives depend on it which they actually do.
I doubt that.
Not the Anambra I know.

The recent insecurity there is a recent creation of the failure of the Federal govt.

The same federal govt that tinubu represents.

Anambra has always had a decent human developmental index among Nigerian States.

Now, why are you not in your state of origin?

Why did you flee for your Life?
Re: 2023: He Is Reason I Call Lagos Home, Okocha Endorses Tinubu by MyVILLAGEpeople(m): 9:14am On Jan 14, 2023
MainJoe:
I remember Okocha endorsed Abacha to become democratic president.

Are you serious or you just joking ? Drop any verified link or source for this your claim sir.
Re: 2023: He Is Reason I Call Lagos Home, Okocha Endorses Tinubu by Golan007: 9:15am On Jan 14, 2023
Kenneth10110:

Mr Endorsement Kanu is from Imo state let's see if Tinubu will get 2% vote from there and ill rather use Kanu as reference compared to Okocha he has more trophies, honours and we even more related then he has a better reason to thank Tinubu rather than Lagos and betking excuses.

You are incoherent.
Re: 2023: He Is Reason I Call Lagos Home, Okocha Endorses Tinubu by CSTRR: 9:17am On Jan 14, 2023
Golan007:

In 1993, Igbos that lives in Lagos ran away as the military held sway.

Suddenly, you are telling me about Azikiwe.

Why did the Igbos run back to Lagos after Tinubu?

I can give you examples - Peter and Paul Okoye.
You are talking nonsense.
Which part of the country was there no military regime?

I am from Delta State, and I have relatives that lived in Lagos even during the military regime.
Re: 2023: He Is Reason I Call Lagos Home, Okocha Endorses Tinubu by blakkydikky(m): 9:17am On Jan 14, 2023
DSC7:

That's very good of him(Tinubu)...

But how did he become a billionaire overnight after ruling Lagos state? undecided
...but Obi after ruling Anambra and Atiku are thousand(nia)?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2023: He Is Reason I Call Lagos Home, Okocha Endorses Tinubu by Golan007: 9:17am On Jan 14, 2023
CSTRR:

You are talking nonsense.
Which part of the country was there no military regime?

I am from Delta State, and I have relatives that lived in Lagos even during the military regime.

Where do you live in Nigeria?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Pictures : Interesting Newspaper Headlines In 1984-85 / Obaseki To Commission N1bn ‘Sen. Daisy Danjuma Hostel’ At UNIBEN Today (Photos) / Achebe And Soyinka At Dodan Barracks In 1986 To Beg IBB To Spare Vatsa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.