Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,084 members, 7,880,381 topics. Date: Thursday, 04 July 2024 at 05:12 PM

2023: He Is Reason I Call Lagos Home, Okocha Endorses Tinubu - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 2023: He Is Reason I Call Lagos Home, Okocha Endorses Tinubu (39211 Views)

Kano Gov Rescues Ado Bayero’s Daughter After Eviction Notice From Lagos Home / 2023 Election: Ohanaeze Ndigbo Lagos State Endorses Tinubu, Sanwo-Olu (Photos) / Fayose Hosts Peter Obi In His Lagos Home(photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 2023: He Is Reason I Call Lagos Home, Okocha Endorses Tinubu by Okudiover(m): 10:40am On Jan 14, 2023
Is it for Eba?
Re: 2023: He Is Reason I Call Lagos Home, Okocha Endorses Tinubu by EMMYLODE: 10:40am On Jan 14, 2023
At least I used to have eyes. You never had any...
Proof to me you once had
I would have called you a slowpoke but you worth less
ZiktotheWorld:

Words of an Illetrate
I am not suprised this is coming from a slowpoke.

Tinubu has blinded your eyes

Enemy of Progress grin
Re: 2023: He Is Reason I Call Lagos Home, Okocha Endorses Tinubu by EMMYLODE: 10:48am On Jan 14, 2023
After building world class hospitals in Anambara, he ran to UK to treat malaria
Golan007:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eIXOzyrleYM

Here is Obi telling us about his medicals in UK.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 2023: He Is Reason I Call Lagos Home, Okocha Endorses Tinubu by phorget(m): 10:50am On Jan 14, 2023
Golan007:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eIXOzyrleYM

Here is Obi telling us about his medicals in UK.

Obi didn't claim to build Anambra or any part of Nigeria so he can go anywhere to get a quality health care that APC failed to provide.
Re: 2023: He Is Reason I Call Lagos Home, Okocha Endorses Tinubu by ZiktotheWorld: 10:52am On Jan 14, 2023
EMMYLODE:
At least I used to have eyes. You never had any...
Proof to me you once had
I would have called you a slowpoke but you worth less

Cry Harder You, Urchins

Shame on your faces.

Peter Obi for Nigeria
Re: 2023: He Is Reason I Call Lagos Home, Okocha Endorses Tinubu by EMMYLODE: 11:04am On Jan 14, 2023
Peter Obi will never President of the Federal Republic of Nigeria...
The election is between Tinubu and Atiku.
Obi will come after Kwankwaso
ZiktotheWorld:

Cry Harder You, Urchins

Shame on your faces.

Peter Obi for Nigeria

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 2023: He Is Reason I Call Lagos Home, Okocha Endorses Tinubu by Masterito(m): 11:05am On Jan 14, 2023
I am yet to see ordinary Nigerians say things like this to him.
Kewtt:
2023: He Is Reason I Call Lagos Home, Okocha Endorses Tinubu

https://independent.ng/2023-he-is-reason-i-call-lagos-home-okocha-endorses-tinubu/
Re: 2023: He Is Reason I Call Lagos Home, Okocha Endorses Tinubu by Agbegbaorogboye: 11:08am On Jan 14, 2023
seunmsg:

Tinubu was already the Treasurer of Mobil Nigeria at 40 years. His career progression to the very top of Mobil group was a certainty if he had continued with the company. He abandoned this certainty for the uncertainty of politics simply because of his desire to serve.

The drug case was started when he was already a Senator of the Federal Republic of Nigeria. It was never an issue before he joined politics. Even at that, he was cleared of all charges and there was never a criminal conviction.

Well, it is not the duty of Tinubu to rescue Lagos from one party rule. That’s the duty of the opposition movement in Lagos. They should look for their own Tinubu that can organize them into a formidable coalition that can defeat the ruling party in the state. Overall, stop hating.
I don't know how you are able to know that his career progression was a certainty. "The treasurer" was not an executive position to begin with. Whether he abandoned his role or not is a private matter for him as he was pursuing his personal ambition not for public good. You can't tell me that Tinubu is different from the average Nigerian politician who is after his own interest. Nothing in his political journey points to any philosophy based on public good.

That the drug case started before or after he became senator is irrelevant. It does not make the case less relevant or not. The fact is he entered settlement with the US to forfeit money suspected to be proceeds of drug peddling. That is more like an admission of guilt than clearing one's name.

I never knew there's a particular point that attempt to create a one party state is ok by you. In one breath you berate OBJ's attempt to create a one party state and in another breath praise Tinubu for succeeding at creating a one party state. That's double-faced. Overall, stop ass-licking
Re: 2023: He Is Reason I Call Lagos Home, Okocha Endorses Tinubu by EMMYLODE: 11:08am On Jan 14, 2023
Ok. Obi didn't claim he did well as a Governor?
phorget:

Obi didn't claim to build Anambra or any part of Nigeria so he can go anywhere to get a quality health care that APC failed to provide.
Re: 2023: He Is Reason I Call Lagos Home, Okocha Endorses Tinubu by Buksaylor: 11:10am On Jan 14, 2023
seunmsg:
It takes a special kind of bigotry to hate Tinubu. Like, why should anybody hate someone that is so brilliant, competent, nationalistic, and compassionate?

Tinubu abandoned a very promising and rewarding career at Mobil unlimited for public service. He fought the military until democracy was restored in Nigeria when others who are now contesting against him were simply doing business and befriending the military. He fought all the undemocratic policies of the Obasanjo administration to the point that Obasanjo seized the statutory allocation of Lagos state.

Tinubu personally ensured that democracy survived in Nigeria by keeping the opposition movement alive when PDP was doing everything possible to turn the country to a one party state. This is the same Tinubu they are hating on. The same man that has made all possible sacrifices for this country.

For sensible folks like me who understand the history of where we are coming from and the challenges ahead, we will do everything possible to ensure Bola Tinubu is elected President. He’s the best candidate in the race and he will perform better than all the others put together.

He never worked for Mobil...they denied him..
Re: 2023: He Is Reason I Call Lagos Home, Okocha Endorses Tinubu by seunmsg(m): 11:11am On Jan 14, 2023
Buksaylor:

Link?

2 Likes

Re: 2023: He Is Reason I Call Lagos Home, Okocha Endorses Tinubu by seguno2: 11:14am On Jan 14, 2023
agadez007:
Some people have been in Lagos and making it before tinubu,Lagos wasn’t built in 1999

Abi o.
Don’t mind the propagandists who are labouring in vain to whine us with lies.

eluquenson:
REVISITING SOME OF THE LATEEF JAKANDE'S GOVERNMENT ACHIEVEMENTS FROM OCTOBER 1979 TO DECEMBER 1983 (FOUR YEARS AND 3 MONTHS) IN LAGOS STATE

* His government built the current Lagos State Secretariat which houses all the state ministries as well as the popular round house hitherto occupied by all subsequent governors of the state.

* His government built the Lagos State House of Assembly complex.

* His government built the Lagos State Television

* His government built the Lagos Radio

* His government built Lagos State University

* His government established General Hospital in zones all over the state with assurance of free health care.

* His government established Teacher Training College and the College of Education.

* His government built low cost houses in Ijaiye, Dolphin, Oke-Afa, Ije, Abesan, Iponri, Ipaja, Abule Nla, Epe, Amuwo-Odofin, Anikantamo, Surulere, Iba, Ikorodu, Badagry, Isheri/Olowu, Orisigun etc.

* His government established the Water Management Board and Waste Disposal Board on the 18th of August, 1980.

* His government constructed the Adiyan Water Works to increase water supply in the state to 18.16 million litres per day.

* His government modernized and expanded the Iju Water Works which was first commissioned in 1915. This increased daily capacity from 159 million to 204 million litres per day.

* His government purchased and commissioned the giant car crusher equipment. The equipment was designed specifically to crush derelict vehicles in Lagos State. It had the capacity to crush 45 vehicles per day.

* His government constructed, rehabilitated and resurfaced Epe/Ijebu-Ode Road, Oba Akran Avenue, Toyin Street, Town Planning Way, Alimosho-Idimu-Egbe Road, Idimu-Iba-LASU Road, the new secretariat road and several others.

* His government constructed Victoria Island/Epe Road and thereby creating an ‘oil rig’ for Lagos State.

* His government established Asphalt Plant for the Department of Public Works.

* His government established Electricity Board for Rural Electrification with provision of street lights.

* His government modernized, expanded and commissioned Onikan Stadium in 1982.

* His government established a singular school system and ensured genuine free education in Lagos State and the beneficiaries of this policy are in different positions of eminence in the country and around the world.

* His government raised the primary schools in Lagos State to 812 with 533,001 pupils (against 605 primary schools with 434,545 pupils he met in 1979) and secondary schools to 223 with 167,629 students (against 105 schools with 107,835 students in 1979).

* His government constructed 11, 729 classrooms with the maximum of 40 children per class between March and August 1980, by 1983, he had constructed over 22,000 classrooms.

* In July 1983, two commercial passenger boats christened "Baba Kekere and Itafaji" to run the Mile 2 - Marina (CMS) route via the lagoons were inaugurated by his government to mark the official launch of the Lagos State ferry services.

* His government took over the ownership and financing of Lagos State Printing Corporation in July 1980

* His government established the first State Traffic Management Authority (Road Marshals).

* His government established small scale Industries Credit Scheme which preceded the EKO bank.

*His government established LASACO Insurance.

*His government expanded existing market and built new ones.

*His government established Traditional Medicine Board.

WHO SAYS 4 YEARS IN OFFICE IS NOT ENOUGH FOR MEANINGFUL ACHIEVEMENTS?

IT'S A FACT THAT 90% OF GOVERNORS IN NIGERIA SINCE 1999 WITH REVENUES AT THEIR DISPOSAL CANNOT BOAST OF A QUARTER OF THESE ACHIEVEMENTS EVEN WITHIN THEIR EIGHT YEARS IN OFFICE.
Re: 2023: He Is Reason I Call Lagos Home, Okocha Endorses Tinubu by Mccullum: 11:25am On Jan 14, 2023
agadez007:
Some people have been in Lagos and making it before tinubu,Lagos wasn’t built in 1999

Tinubu is my choice.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2023: He Is Reason I Call Lagos Home, Okocha Endorses Tinubu by DTaj: 11:26am On Jan 14, 2023
Please relax and read comments made by hypocrites; people who have always loved and praised Okocha to high heavens, have now started cursing him ONLY because he said a good thing about Tinubu! Comments are being written by hateful, condemnable, rabble-rousing hypocrites.

Jay Jay Okocha's honest testimony is true for many people who left our home states to live and work in Lagos.

Bola Ahmed Tinubu WILL be sworn-in as Nigeria's President on May 29 2023, and there is absolutely nothing any deranged, biased, confused, tribal and religious bigot can do about it!

May God bless Nigeria and her great people; and bless Nigeria's next President, Mr. Capacity, Mr. Technocrats' Finder, Mr. Innovation, Bola Ahmed Tinubu. Amen!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2023: He Is Reason I Call Lagos Home, Okocha Endorses Tinubu by maasoap(m): 11:28am On Jan 14, 2023
Aufbauh:
The friendship Tinubu has make all over the country from north to south isn't fluke.

It is his heart of selflessness and kindness to all regardless of your origin and religion that has endeared him to many.

An Igbo friend/neighbour of mine who we do early morning workout together told me a brief story of his friend who's once Tinubu's DSS aide.

He said the friend told him that Tinubu will be more interested in your issue than yourself if you're having challenges.

He said sometimes it is Tinubu who will remind him whether he has call his mum, and right there he'll make him to call his mum, ask about her health and so on. If the mum is challenged, Tinubu will give him money to send home and follow up on it.

He concludes that if such man gives you any assignment to deliver you'll do all that you could to make him proud.

Tinubu has built loyalty in people by his friendliness and the act of giving.

Zombiedients won't like this, be careful

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2023: He Is Reason I Call Lagos Home, Okocha Endorses Tinubu by Kekydiv(m): 11:39am On Jan 14, 2023
Igbo people are not ready…

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 2023: He Is Reason I Call Lagos Home, Okocha Endorses Tinubu by erospecial: 11:39am On Jan 14, 2023
Very selfish legend hence he never won Afcon best player of the year!!!
Re: 2023: He Is Reason I Call Lagos Home, Okocha Endorses Tinubu by DrMuzungu(m): 11:56am On Jan 14, 2023
Okocha, I respected you. Why, oh, why, do you support TH!EFNUBU?!
Re: 2023: He Is Reason I Call Lagos Home, Okocha Endorses Tinubu by dannex4adx(m): 12:02pm On Jan 14, 2023
Kewtt:

https://independent.ng/2023-he-is-reason-i-call-lagos-home-okocha-endorses-tinubu/

Only a great man sabi another great man.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 2023: He Is Reason I Call Lagos Home, Okocha Endorses Tinubu by deebrownneymar: 12:05pm On Jan 14, 2023
Kewtt:

I’ve lost all respect I have for Okocha as well as others who have endorsed thieving Tinubu for selfish reasons. They all have blood on their hands
Re: 2023: He Is Reason I Call Lagos Home, Okocha Endorses Tinubu by OgaTheTop2: 12:07pm On Jan 14, 2023
FreedomArmy:
Old news from march 2022
Can you imagine that? Old news in 2023...the fakeness of APC is real..
Re: 2023: He Is Reason I Call Lagos Home, Okocha Endorses Tinubu by Nosa111(m): 12:10pm On Jan 14, 2023
If he turns lagos home, which I know he didn’t, did he do it from free. Was it not from the same money he stole ?? What’s Tinubu occupation and work indexes.

Abeg getta.
Re: 2023: He Is Reason I Call Lagos Home, Okocha Endorses Tinubu by dking123: 12:12pm On Jan 14, 2023
Remember how Okocha, Amokachi and the rest all supported Abacha those days, JUST A REMINDER.
Re: 2023: He Is Reason I Call Lagos Home, Okocha Endorses Tinubu by NinjaXmetahuman: 12:15pm On Jan 14, 2023
Buksaylor:

seunmsg:

Link?
Lol

Have you Checked walatalai-trustme .com
Re: 2023: He Is Reason I Call Lagos Home, Okocha Endorses Tinubu by Pityoobi: 12:15pm On Jan 14, 2023
A very appreciative legend. Those who are certified nonentities will begin to attack him for showing appreciation.

Ask them Wetin OBI don do for their life to improve …nothing.

May your life improve and develop as Lagos in the last 20yrs when you vote Tinubu else May your life looks like that of Akwa if you vote and promote OBI. Amen.

1 Like

Re: 2023: He Is Reason I Call Lagos Home, Okocha Endorses Tinubu by NinjaXmetahuman: 12:16pm On Jan 14, 2023
deebrownneymar:

I’ve lost all respect I have for Okocha as well as others who have endorsed thieving Tinubu for selfish reasons. They all have blood on their hands
whose blood EXACTLY?

What exactly has tinubu done wrong to you? Why exactly do you hate tinubu?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 2023: He Is Reason I Call Lagos Home, Okocha Endorses Tinubu by Pityoobi: 12:18pm On Jan 14, 2023
deebrownneymar:

A very appreciative legend. Those who are certified nonentities will begin to attack him for showing appreciation.

Ask them Wetin OBI don do for their life to improve …nothing.

May your life improve and develop as Lagos in the last 20yrs when you vote Tinubu else May your life looks like that of Akwa if you vote and promote OBI. Amen.

We can’t continue to be stupid because of one sentiment that has no bearing. Who Tinubu killed for God sake? You guys are just pained and insane with your ridiculous allegations.

Quit hate, so you don’t leave this world in pains.

1 Like

Re: 2023: He Is Reason I Call Lagos Home, Okocha Endorses Tinubu by Ajehkpako4naija(f): 12:21pm On Jan 14, 2023
Xscape1993:
"If you are emotionally attached to your tribe, religion or political leaning to the point that truth and justice become secondary considerations, your education is useless. Your exposure is useless. If you cannot reason beyond petty sentiments, you are a liability to mankind.” Late Dr. Chuba Williams Okadigbo.
I'm Yoruba, that is why am supporting Peter Obi for ethnicity balancing

1 Like

Re: 2023: He Is Reason I Call Lagos Home, Okocha Endorses Tinubu by bdon123(m): 12:25pm On Jan 14, 2023
Collect ur money n vote ot wont change d outcome.Obi will win.Even pablo escoba helped bring his country out of indebtedness by giving dem money....still nobody will ask for him to ever rule.
To all those paid here on nairaland per click by tinubu associate ano u at work so continue.
Re: 2023: He Is Reason I Call Lagos Home, Okocha Endorses Tinubu by bewla(m): 12:27pm On Jan 14, 2023
Kewtt:
grin

Testimonials galore ...
More the pluqe

By one on none compimi
Re: 2023: He Is Reason I Call Lagos Home, Okocha Endorses Tinubu by PropertyBuying(f): 12:41pm On Jan 14, 2023
Wow! This Stunt Goes A Long Way For BAT Campaign Team
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pn2yZvLFOvI

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Obaseki To Commission N1bn ‘Sen. Daisy Danjuma Hostel’ At UNIBEN Today (Photos) / U.S Doesn’t See IPOB As Terrorist Organisation – Russell Brooks / Obasanjo, Jonathan, IBB, Abdulsalami Absent From Buhari’s 2nd Term Inauguration

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.