Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,182,334 members, 7,917,037 topics. Date: Saturday, 10 August 2024 at 04:19 PM

From Faint And Wake To Slump And Die - Health (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / From Faint And Wake To Slump And Die (23346 Views)

2 Elderly People Slump And Die After Alighting From Vehicles In Rivers (Graphic) / She Slump And Died.... / Man Slump, Dies In Makurdi Court During Election Petition Tribunal Sitting (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: From Faint And Wake To Slump And Die by BigDawsNet: 4:58pm On Jan 19, 2023
lovediehatelive:
In the past, what we hear about is people fainting, and after pouring them water, they wake up. Fainting then was so rare.

I remember back then someone was motivating students in a tertiary institution that they shouldn't give up, even if school is hard, there's no way they can just slump and die.

That was many years ago, But can he say that today?

Today, someone will just go to the kitchen to cook, next thing is slump and die.

Someone will go to bath, next thing is slump and die;

Someone will be walking, next thing is slump and die;

Someone will be on the pulpit preaching, next thing is slump and die;

Someone will be jogging, next thing is slump and die;

Someone will be playing football, next thing is slump and die.

There are many other scenarios that calls for concern.

This wasn't like this in the past.

What is wrong?

You hardly here people slump and die in the wester countries... even the homeless don't just slump.. not even in the freezing weather..

Nigeria is a 3 world country where 80% of it's citizens are suffering...

When citizens lacks basic amenities it can be difficult to maintain a good health

High cost of food is now making some people to drink garri morning afternoon and night... tell me how they will hav energy to live

Some are in debt or they hav bills to pay... they start thinking which result to high blood pressure... when the reading is above 200... it leads to heart attack...

Nigerian government hav already made things difficult for its citizens... suffering is inevitable unless citizens vote the right candidate

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: From Faint And Wake To Slump And Die by Eraddray(m): 4:58pm On Jan 19, 2023
K
Re: From Faint And Wake To Slump And Die by azikiweironsi(m): 4:59pm On Jan 19, 2023
Don't worry Mr. Answer All OBI is coming to solve all problems according to obingos. grin
Re: From Faint And Wake To Slump And Die by Eraddray(m): 5:00pm On Jan 19, 2023
....since the time dey change the English for faint to slump ... many many things don dey happen

1 Like

Re: From Faint And Wake To Slump And Die by Shalommy(f): 5:03pm On Jan 19, 2023
Chaii cheesy cheesy Na change!

1 Like

Re: From Faint And Wake To Slump And Die by Dshocker(m): 5:03pm On Jan 19, 2023
lovediehatelive:
In the past, what we hear about is people fainting, and after pouring them water, they wake up. Fainting then was so rare.

I remember back then someone was motivating students in a tertiary institution that they shouldn't give up, even if school is hard, there's no way they can just slump and die.

Today, someone will just go to the kitchen to cook, next thing is slump and die.

What is wrong?

Economic situation has forced people to over think and over work, putting them under pressure with high blood pressure, which results to bad health.

2 Likes

Re: From Faint And Wake To Slump And Die by DTeekay(m): 5:04pm On Jan 19, 2023
I'm a Public Health Official working with a reputable NGO.

Many people don't check their cholesterol level, it gets high and blocks blood vessels which in turn causes heart attack or stroke.

Cholesterol levels must be constantly monitored by every adult, yes every adult.

Our diet in Nigeria contains so much carbohydrate, most of us don't eat balanced diet. A full plate of rice or a big lump of eba will do u no good.

Check your LDL and HDL levels constantly. Just go to a reputable health centre and do a Lipid Profile Test, then ask the Doctor to interpret the results for you.

You might be shocked how close you were to a slump or stroke.

8 Likes 3 Shares

Re: From Faint And Wake To Slump And Die by chiboycue: 5:04pm On Jan 19, 2023
lovediehatelive:

What is wrong?

The thought of Nigeria and the wahalas going on in my dear nation such as increment in goods and services, no powersupply, increased house rent, fuel scarcity, joblessness, long queues in petrol filling station, kidnappers troubles, insecurity, VIO and FRSC wahala, corruption etc. may be some of the reasons why people loose hope and slump/faint.

1 Like

Re: From Faint And Wake To Slump And Die by InvertedHammer: 5:06pm On Jan 19, 2023
lovediehatelive:

What is wrong?

/

Underlying undiagnosed conditions aggravated by STRESS.

The level of stress in Nigeria is horrifying.

/
Re: From Faint And Wake To Slump And Die by Nobody: 5:08pm On Jan 19, 2023
BigDawsNet:

You hardly here people slump and die in the wester countries... even the homeless don't just slump.. not even in the freezing weather..

Nigeria is a 3 world country where 80% of it's citizens are suffering...

When citizens lacks basic amenities it can be difficult to maintain a good health

High cost of food is now making some people to drink garri morning afternoon and night... tell me how they will hav energy to live

Some are in debt or they hav bills to pay... they start thinking which result to high blood pressure... when the reading is above 200... it leads to heart attack...

Nigerian government hav already made things difficult for its citizens... suffering is inevitable unless citizens vote the right candidate

1.They do slump and die over there

2.Better awareness, and better heart health

3.Many people living overseas do something called BLS/CPR. Lessons are easy to get for members of the public (here in Nigeria, nothing like that happens, and even for people in the medical field...if they want to get a course...them go pay money...lotsa money).

4.Defibrillators are everywhere in the West.

5.Even then...cardiac and other chronic diseases are a major problem there...

1 Like

Re: From Faint And Wake To Slump And Die by MasterTeeUSA: 5:12pm On Jan 19, 2023
As a chemist, I can tell you that the food we eat now have more contaminants, more preservatives and more chemicals. [/b]The world population is expanding, and they are growing more GMO foods to meet the needs of the people. They cant plan enough organic foods to meet the needs of the population and they are so expensive to plant.

[b]I was at work and I had a sharp pain on my side. I went to clinic the next day and took time off...my bp was 185/110. My doctor said if I was in a General Hospital, they would admit me and not let me go home because I could have slumped and died.
I am now on BP med and I am beginning to change what I eat. Dont ignore these things...check your BP and when possible, eat fruits and eat right. It is best to eat one good meal than 3 bad meals. Being FULL is not the same as healthy eating. A word is enough for the wise.

lovediehatelive:

What is wrong?

1 Like

Re: From Faint And Wake To Slump And Die by Babastrong(m): 5:17pm On Jan 19, 2023
In the past we were not hasting to buy ferrari, it was not by hook or crook to buy range rover.
set backs were seen as part of life.
But today, most of you are rushing to meet your maker.
at age 20 you are riding ferrari, at 25 you want to build mansion on ocean.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: From Faint And Wake To Slump And Die by MrDetermined: 5:25pm On Jan 19, 2023
things simply change, what we eat now are very different from what we used to eat then.
Re: From Faint And Wake To Slump And Die by MadamExcellency: 5:27pm On Jan 19, 2023
Too much wickedness is the cause

1 Like

Re: From Faint And Wake To Slump And Die by chaseblack(m): 5:28pm On Jan 19, 2023
Because fainting is usually as a result of hypoglycemia while slumping is a result of bad heart condition.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: From Faint And Wake To Slump And Die by Emmanuel909090: 5:31pm On Jan 19, 2023
This is real.
Re: From Faint And Wake To Slump And Die by maasoap(m): 5:33pm On Jan 19, 2023
Angelfrost:
Life expectancy is dropping faster than the value of the Naira.

There is something called Quality of Life (QoL) which has been dangerously decreasing among Nigerians in the last 8 to 10 years.

This depreciating Quality of Life is clearly proportionately linked to the decreasing ability of an average Nigerian to access:

Good food and meals
High quality healthcare
Peace of mind
Security
Amongst others...

Add these to the unending inflation we have witnessed in the last couple of years, and the reasons get clearer.

It's also poignant to mention that most Nigerians hardly exercise nor go for regular health checks.

Quality of life of Nigerians on the average has been decreasing for as long as I can remember
Re: From Faint And Wake To Slump And Die by nwajesus12(m): 5:40pm On Jan 19, 2023
azikiweironsi:
Don't worry Mr. Answer All OBI is coming to solve all problems according to obingos. grin
Ewu Hausa

1 Like

Re: From Faint And Wake To Slump And Die by 08064978510(m): 5:45pm On Jan 19, 2023
We re now in the era of social media where we get to know about so many things within and far away,but back then we only rely on news papers

1 Like

Re: From Faint And Wake To Slump And Die by officialfestus(m): 5:51pm On Jan 19, 2023
tongue[quote author=merits post=120190195][/quote]
Re: From Faint And Wake To Slump And Die by millionboi(m): 5:53pm On Jan 19, 2023
jmoore:
I have fainted several times.

My first fainting was during my Boys Brigade days. I was still in primary. I didn't eat and went for parade on Sunday morning. I think the heat of sun combined with not eating contributed to it. I only saw myself being carried inside the church.

Another fainting experience was when I was sick, I tried to open the refrigerator to get water. Next thing I heard was Mom screaming Jesus.

Another was when I was seated while working on something on my laptop. There was a big amplifier at my back. Trying to adjust my position, my elbow hit the amplifier. I fainted and fell from the chair, woke up seconds later.

A near fainting experience happened when I attended Chapel of Redemption in University of Calabar. It was already filled, so I stood outside. I didn't eat before coming for the service. After some hours, I started feeling dizzy and felt my eyes closing. I quickly went and sat down on a walk pathway. After some minutes, I started sweating. I bought some snacks from a vendor, ate and went back to the hostel.

Most deaths from people who slumped has do with heart or blood pressure issues. Pouring water will not solve anything.
so you no fit fast,common say u no eat in d morning come out,na him u dey faint.na wa ooo

1 Like

Re: From Faint And Wake To Slump And Die by Trybes(m): 5:54pm On Jan 19, 2023
These habits would help a lot to avoid heart attack:
Always get sufficient quality sleep.
Eat quality and sufficient food.
Make sure you are drinking plenty water after a heavy meal.

2 Likes

Re: From Faint And Wake To Slump And Die by imagrg(m): 5:59pm On Jan 19, 2023
My grandad lived up to 103 years and never had a check up one day.
Olasyke:

You, when was the last time you went for a medical checkup?

2 Likes

Re: From Faint And Wake To Slump And Die by samsy5460(m): 6:04pm On Jan 19, 2023
If you have been jabbing vaccines, then you need be 'slump & die' expectant. Cos you were all warned.
Re: From Faint And Wake To Slump And Die by AyeMoJuba: 6:07pm On Jan 19, 2023
lovediehatelive:

What is wrong?

You are what you eat and drink.
In the the days you refers, humans eat natural foods but what do we have today?
Indomies
Can foods and drinks
Spaghetti
Burger
Hotdogs
Carbonated drinks
Sugary drinks and foods
The list is endless
...all laced with chemicals and preservatives that slowly attacks the heart, kidney, lungs etc
That's why they now slump and die

Rather than eat natural foods that strengthens the organs, we prefer eating all those sugary chemicals we call food that are harmful to our body

1 Like

Re: From Faint And Wake To Slump And Die by DLivingAncestor: 6:11pm On Jan 19, 2023
Op wetin we dey take this days ehnnn, na only God dey help person

Some dangerous chemicals wey people go use take process food all in the name of "PRESERVATIVES"

My own be say, this thing no go happen to us o
Re: From Faint And Wake To Slump And Die by Cutehector(m): 6:13pm On Jan 19, 2023
Drink water...

Dont be a Tinubu supporter..
Re: From Faint And Wake To Slump And Die by harmony75: 6:16pm On Jan 19, 2023
The economy has changed all over the world people are stressed no enough food to eat and care for yourself and family!
Re: From Faint And Wake To Slump And Die by deebrownneymar: 6:25pm On Jan 19, 2023
lovediehatelive:

What is wrong?

My own problem is that I always feel faint
Re: From Faint And Wake To Slump And Die by loliapoopy2013(f): 6:29pm On Jan 19, 2023
My brother-in-law just slumped and died on the 10th of January. He was just 40 years. That same morning his colleague about the same age too slumped and died. These were very strong and vibrant men with no visible illnesses. It's really painful heartbreaking and shocking.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: From Faint And Wake To Slump And Die by frozen70(f): 6:30pm On Jan 19, 2023
lovediehatelive:

What is wrong?

Is caused by

Hardship
Poor access to medication
Stress factor
Family issues
Poor eating habits
Lack of money in the pocket

The chairman of them all is stress

3 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

New Ebola Vaccine Gives Monkey Immunity / Need Urgent Assistance With Vitiligo. / Coronavirus: FG Will Not Ban Nigerians From Travelling To China – Lai Mohammed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.