Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,172,425 members, 7,884,930 topics. Date: Tuesday, 09 July 2024 at 06:21 PM

Sagay: Obasanjo Is A Hypocrite, He Should Stop Meddling In Election Matters - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Sagay: Obasanjo Is A Hypocrite, He Should Stop Meddling In Election Matters (10299 Views)

Sagay: Obasanjo Violated Constitution, Executed Coup Against Fayose, Ladoja / Edo PDP To Ize-Iyamu: Your Decision To Pursue Pre-Election Matters Will Fail / Russian Trolls Meddling In 2020 US Elections Take Cover In Nigeria - CNN (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Sagay: Obasanjo Is A Hypocrite, He Should Stop Meddling In Election Matters by hisexcellency34: 6:16am On Jan 16, 2023
Prof. Itse Sagay (SAN), Chairman of the Presidential Advisory Committee Against Corruption (PACAC) in this interview with TEMIDAYO AKINSUYI, speaks on developments in the country ahead of the 2023 general elections. He also shares his thoughts on the cashless policy of the Central Bank of Nigeria and other issues. Excerpts:

Former President Olusegun Obasanjo in his recent letter addressed to Nigerian youths endorsed the presidential candidate of the Labour Party, Peter Obi. Do you think his opinion will have any impact on the choices Nigerians will make when the times comes to elect the next president?

I think Obasanjo is a hypocrite in many ways. He tries to show off as he was the best thing that ever happened to Nigeria, even though under his regime, we had a lot of setbacks. While he was in office, he himself wanted a third term which would have been a breach of our democratic practice and renewal. Another thing I have always said about Obasanjo is that he doesn’t control himself. He is a retired Head of State and very well respected elder statesman who is on telephone terms with the presidency. If he has anything to say, he can always call him and discuss with him.

As for his letter on who is the best person to vote for, he has gone beyond that at his level. He should just keep quiet and let Nigerians decide. He should not be partisan. He should be above all that. I feel he is lowering himself to the level of politicians by doing what he is doing. We have former leaders like Yakubu Gowon and Abdulsalami Abubakar. They don’t do what Obasanjo is doing. They all respect themselves. I think Obasanjo should not think that he knows everything and his opinion is the best. He should stop behaving as if he is a hanging president of Nigeria which he is not. So, if find his recent actions reprehensible and he should show some restraint in his public attitude because he is a very senior person in this country.

He also said he never wanted third term and could have gotten it if he wanted. Do you agree with this?

That is not true. He wanted third term and did everything to get it but he failed. The national assembly refused his agenda. We all watched it on television then when it happened. The president of the Senate then, Ken Nnamani put the question to the senators on the amendment of the constitution but not a single person supported it. So, Obasanjo should stop trying to rewrite history. We have forgiven him. He is a man I have some respect for particularly the way he is still acting, not in terms of politics but as a human being. He travels a lot on election monitoring and peace mission across the world. I admire him for that but let him stop interfering in Nigerian politics. He has done his own and he is gone. It is about time he allows Nigerians to carry on without his interference.
https://independent.ng/obasanjo-is-a-hypocrite-he-should-stop-meddling-in-election-matters-sagay/

23 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Sagay: Obasanjo Is A Hypocrite, He Should Stop Meddling In Election Matters by PrinceOfLagos: 6:17am On Jan 16, 2023
Obasanjo is a former President of Nigeria and have every right to tell Nigerians his preferred candidate and If you don't like it, Go and Die .

Nigeria will be great again

170 Likes 19 Shares

Re: Sagay: Obasanjo Is A Hypocrite, He Should Stop Meddling In Election Matters by nairavsdollars(f): 6:17am On Jan 16, 2023
Reminded me of that Fela song:
Me Fela I challenji Obasanjo na wayo he dey ALL THE TIME. Make he carry me go any court.....

17 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Sagay: Obasanjo Is A Hypocrite, He Should Stop Meddling In Election Matters by ArcFresky(m): 6:19am On Jan 16, 2023
hisexcellency34:
While he was in office, he himself wanted a third term which would have been a breach of our democratic practice and renewal./

This alone shows OBJ’s true characterp

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Sagay: Obasanjo Is A Hypocrite, He Should Stop Meddling In Election Matters by PrinceOfLagos: 6:20am On Jan 16, 2023
nairavsdollars:
Reminded me of that Fela song:
Me Fela I challenji Obasanjo na wayo he dey ALL THE TIME. Make he carry me go any court.....
So you want us to vote for Tinubu who's roundly seen as a thief?

Tinubu is a thief

80 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Sagay: Obasanjo Is A Hypocrite, He Should Stop Meddling In Election Matters by nairavsdollars(f): 6:23am On Jan 16, 2023
Are u OK Where did u see Tinubu in my statement?
PrinceOfLagos:

So you want us to vote for Tinubu who's roundly see as a thief?

Tinubu is a thief

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Sagay: Obasanjo Is A Hypocrite, He Should Stop Meddling In Election Matters by BOLATINUBU01: 6:24am On Jan 16, 2023
nairavsdollars:
why not leave that YEYE boy

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sagay: Obasanjo Is A Hypocrite, He Should Stop Meddling In Election Matters by Dreal1247: 6:25am On Jan 16, 2023
All those benefitting from the woes of Nigeria are against Mr Peter Obi's candidacy. But what is written is written. Almighty decision, no appeal.

I think it is time for the youths of this country to initiate a town hall meeting with Tinubu. Buhari avoided interviews and it was others who granted interviews on his behalf. After the election, APC became all promises cancelled. And the people are helpless. This one will be worse.

25 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Sagay: Obasanjo Is A Hypocrite, He Should Stop Meddling In Election Matters by toneroforever(m): 6:34am On Jan 16, 2023
PrinceOfLagos:

So you want us to vote for Tinubu who's roundly see as a thief?

Tinubu is a thief

All these urchins amaze me with their stupidity. Imagine calling Tinubu a hero of democracy.... Tinubu that we all know as a thief & a drug dealer

31 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Sagay: Obasanjo Is A Hypocrite, He Should Stop Meddling In Election Matters by insidelife22(m): 6:36am On Jan 16, 2023
May our labours and those of our heroes past never be in vain.

11 Likes

Re: Sagay: Obasanjo Is A Hypocrite, He Should Stop Meddling In Election Matters by leisuretym: 6:48am On Jan 16, 2023
One of the looters has spoken!
Obj should allow them to loot so he can get his share, exactly his point.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sagay: Obasanjo Is A Hypocrite, He Should Stop Meddling In Election Matters by Sheistoopretty(f): 6:48am On Jan 16, 2023
The endorsement is still peppering some people grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

25 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sagay: Obasanjo Is A Hypocrite, He Should Stop Meddling In Election Matters by oluseyiforjesus(m): 6:48am On Jan 16, 2023
Truth is bitter

3 Likes

Re: Sagay: Obasanjo Is A Hypocrite, He Should Stop Meddling In Election Matters by irunoko(m): 6:49am On Jan 16, 2023
He's right.obj had 2 lifetime opportunities to change nigeria for good and he blew it.now he's coming to Form adviser and elder statesman

It's like a woman with a druggie child who get pikin wey dey share kpekus like karile buiscuit,come dey advice another person about getting marriedor how to be a good mother.

You had the foundational years of a child's life in your hands and you couldn't mould the child to be a decent adult,you come dey advice me on how to Train my own child.ejo egbenu soun

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sagay: Obasanjo Is A Hypocrite, He Should Stop Meddling In Election Matters by Goodlady(f): 6:49am On Jan 16, 2023
OBJ has the right to talk. The people v the right to vote their choice.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sagay: Obasanjo Is A Hypocrite, He Should Stop Meddling In Election Matters by Kewtt: 6:49am On Jan 16, 2023
Immediately I saw where Obasanjo was headed.... I knew my direction was right. 180° ni o.

On Tinubu's Mandate We Stand

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sagay: Obasanjo Is A Hypocrite, He Should Stop Meddling In Election Matters by Felabrity: 6:49am On Jan 16, 2023
Everybody has moved on, but urchins cant stop crying about Obasanjo endorsing Peter Obi

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Sagay: Obasanjo Is A Hypocrite, He Should Stop Meddling In Election Matters by Nobody: 6:49am On Jan 16, 2023
sagey the basterd is even talking?

10 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Sagay: Obasanjo Is A Hypocrite, He Should Stop Meddling In Election Matters by copyrites: 6:50am On Jan 16, 2023
Yoruba people are allowing a stranger insult their own because of a criminal

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Sagay: Obasanjo Is A Hypocrite, He Should Stop Meddling In Election Matters by 175(m): 6:50am On Jan 16, 2023
Because he's not a Nigerian abi?

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sagay: Obasanjo Is A Hypocrite, He Should Stop Meddling In Election Matters by Felabrity: 6:50am On Jan 16, 2023
No single Yoruba elder is supporting Tinubu, the fake Yoruba leader

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sagay: Obasanjo Is A Hypocrite, He Should Stop Meddling In Election Matters by victorazy(m): 6:50am On Jan 16, 2023
This Obasanjo touched people o grin

5 Likes

Re: Sagay: Obasanjo Is A Hypocrite, He Should Stop Meddling In Election Matters by derecho(m): 6:50am On Jan 16, 2023
Okay...But Peter Obi is our choice.

6 Likes

Re: Sagay: Obasanjo Is A Hypocrite, He Should Stop Meddling In Election Matters by LeoDeKing: 6:50am On Jan 16, 2023
grin

6 Likes

Re: Sagay: Obasanjo Is A Hypocrite, He Should Stop Meddling In Election Matters by 3rdavefarms(m): 6:50am On Jan 16, 2023
If Atiku no win call me bastard
Re: Sagay: Obasanjo Is A Hypocrite, He Should Stop Meddling In Election Matters by DMerciful(m): 6:51am On Jan 16, 2023
Sagay still dey? Where has he been hiding? Bubu disappoint this one

6 Likes

Re: Sagay: Obasanjo Is A Hypocrite, He Should Stop Meddling In Election Matters by Akfrenzy(m): 6:51am On Jan 16, 2023
angry grin SAGAY abeg what did u say when TINUBU visit same OBASANJO for endorsement grin grin cheesy even when Urchins were busy sharing fake news that OBASANJO has endorsed the PABLO ESCOBAR grin grin

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sagay: Obasanjo Is A Hypocrite, He Should Stop Meddling In Election Matters by tunwumi: 6:52am On Jan 16, 2023
Hummm
Re: Sagay: Obasanjo Is A Hypocrite, He Should Stop Meddling In Election Matters by Akfrenzy(m): 6:53am On Jan 16, 2023
grin
nairavsdollars:

U didn't mention the drug lord immediately because you're being much more hypocritical and ashamed to expose urself so early grin grin grin

Ur tears us sweet joor

9 Likes

Re: Sagay: Obasanjo Is A Hypocrite, He Should Stop Meddling In Election Matters by Curious345: 6:54am On Jan 16, 2023
Coming from an 84year old bleaching professor.

He should be concerned about his sex performance drugs and not Obasanjo

5 Likes

Re: Sagay: Obasanjo Is A Hypocrite, He Should Stop Meddling In Election Matters by Curious345: 6:54am On Jan 16, 2023
Obj better than them

5 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Pro-amaechi Protesters Plan Rally In Abuja Today / Osinbajo Interacts With Trader Moni Beneficiaries In Osun (Photos) / Aso Villa Power Tussle Thwarted Abdulkarim Dauda's Promotion, Service Extension

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.