Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,176,476 members, 7,897,975 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 July 2024 at 02:18 AM

How My Colleague Killed Bolanle Raheem During Stop-And-search — Police Witness - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / How My Colleague Killed Bolanle Raheem During Stop-And-search — Police Witness (33982 Views)

Bolanle Raheem: IGP Recommends Suspension Of ASP Drambi Vandi / Bolanle Raheem: Sanwo-Olu’s Delegation Visits Raheem Family / Sanwo-Olu Mourns Bolanle Raheem, Condoles Family (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How My Colleague Killed Bolanle Raheem During Stop-And-search — Police Witness by MASTAkiLLAh(m): 8:05am On Jan 17, 2023
2016easy2017:
I was at Iwo, Osun state The sterling bank opposite the BOWEN bank. This one police man. An Ekiti, Ondo or Ijedha man was taking people inside the bank through the back door to use the Student ATM, just because of bribe. I approached him for such favour and the next things he said I should fear for my life. That means threatening kill.for what
I didn't argue with him. I just left the place.

This happened on 12/01/23. 8:30 am precisely.

They do the shooting deliberately. I've seen several police man threatening to shoot for no justification
thank you
Re: How My Colleague Killed Bolanle Raheem During Stop-And-search — Police Witness by sketcherJ(m): 8:06am On Jan 17, 2023
skultrick:

You can also try your luck since you don't know you're in Nigeria and most of these police guys lack professionalism. When they stop you keep moving you hear.

Apart from "professionalism" why would a sane person not stop when flagged down? Will any of you try this nonsense abroad?
you speak sense. Even in sane countries you stop, not to mention Nigeria where most of its cops are wild animals
Re: How My Colleague Killed Bolanle Raheem During Stop-And-search — Police Witness by Timoleon(m): 8:06am On Jan 17, 2023
sketcherJ:
I don’t this statement helped the defendant. Read it again.

It did. By claiming that the victim and co travelers were acting suspicious and were moving in an illegal vehicle. That’s a case for the defendant. (It is undeniable that there was a gunshot) he is however not confirming that the gunshot came from his colleague or that the victim and co travelers acted accordingly or appropriately.
Re: How My Colleague Killed Bolanle Raheem During Stop-And-search — Police Witness by MASTAkiLLAh(m): 8:07am On Jan 17, 2023
sketcherJ:
baba he is right especially if you are black. If you don’t stop, they will chase you and you are cooling your feet in jail for it after they have roughhandled you. Now if in your process of running, you hit someone, you get more charges, you hit a policeman? Now you better pray to God cos they could come gun blazing,
stop talking nonsense oga. You people are terrible
Re: How My Colleague Killed Bolanle Raheem During Stop-And-search — Police Witness by iamoyindamola(m): 8:08am On Jan 17, 2023
gommez:
if a US police flaggs u down to stop n u refuse to stop, even if they wont shoot at u but they wil give u a chase and wen they finally get u, you know wat wil happen to you
Exactly why not give them a chase instead of shooting
Re: How My Colleague Killed Bolanle Raheem During Stop-And-search — Police Witness by sketcherJ(m): 8:08am On Jan 17, 2023
CheapHomes1:

You haven't answered the questions.

you see the way you have made a fool of yourself? was she the one driving? how is a car not having plates the justification for shooting at occupants in a vehicle?
you are d one that is not getting his idea, you are asking this question on the premise that most Nigerian police force understand the law and modalities in doing things. Ok know now, they are wild animals, give them a chance and they will shoot you. So what do you do? Give them a chance? Nope you obey at that time so that you won’t add to the victiims list until something is done about them

1 Like

Re: How My Colleague Killed Bolanle Raheem During Stop-And-search — Police Witness by tonididdy(m): 8:10am On Jan 17, 2023
Em I hope this isn’t lies otherwise ….madam lawyer you kinda asked for it

May your soul RIP

But driving a no number car and refusing to stop for a police search ( and possibly tinted windows ), knowing fully well most of Nigerian police officers are illiterates, she could have wound down her front glass, salute and move on.
If they insisted on her to stop after that, she should have stopped.

This is a warning to lawyers and “do you know who I’m crew” first stop or slow down and introduce your face, No one should be above the lawz

When I’m driving through a checkpoint with familiar PO, I must ensure they see my face clearly and when I’m past them I still look with my rear mirror to see if they are still insisting I should stop otherwise you’re inviting a scenario like this lawyers

Ps: this is my stand if the officers testament is true!
Re: How My Colleague Killed Bolanle Raheem During Stop-And-search — Police Witness by CheapHomes1: 8:11am On Jan 17, 2023
sketcherJ:
you are d one that is not getting his idea, you are asking this question on the premise that most Nigerian police force understand the law and modalities in doing things. Ok know now, they are wild animals, give them a chance and they will shoot you. So what do you do? Give them a chance? Nope you obey at that time so that you won’t add to the victiims list until something is done about them

you see the way you have made a fool of yourself?

was the deceased the one driving at the time of her death?

how is a car not having plates the justification for shooting at occupants in a vehicle?
Re: How My Colleague Killed Bolanle Raheem During Stop-And-search — Police Witness by Tinubuadvocate: 8:11am On Jan 17, 2023
She was actually killed by overzealous police officer ...

From their submission you will understand this two they mention. They stop the driver refused to wait.secondly the car doesn't have plate number.

Judge should ask the police officer that so they killed the woman because the car don't have plate number and he didn't wait to be searched.
FreeStuffsNG:
Could this woman have been killed by someone else?
I hope the ballistic test of the bullet(s) extracted from her has been done.
Re: How My Colleague Killed Bolanle Raheem During Stop-And-search — Police Witness by ipobarecriminals: 8:11am On Jan 17, 2023
skultrick:

Oga I know Nigerians are very arrogant, so you can also try disobeying the authorities, nah your body go tell you.

because they felt connected, they refused to stop, now the rest is history.

I don't know why wisdom is very scarce among many Nigerians.
Shut up there. I stay in US. The police here will rather chase u than shot U..Just last weekend, a fellow Naija didn't stopped at traffic light and viola, the cops chased caught up with her and question not Shot her. Why are Abuja own different and how do u knew the driver didn't obey/stop? Hope you'll say this same if the dead lady is ur wife, sis/even ur mother
Re: How My Colleague Killed Bolanle Raheem During Stop-And-search — Police Witness by sketcherJ(m): 8:13am On Jan 17, 2023
MASTAkiLLAh:
stop talking nonsense oga. You people are terrible
come on stop being too overtly emotional. The death pained us all but we are being realistic here. Or do you want me to lie to you that if you get abroad and the cops stop you and if you don’t wait, they will say ok and let you go? The heck? They won’t shoot you but give you a hot chase, and you could get booked or jail depending on why you run or what happened while running
Re: How My Colleague Killed Bolanle Raheem During Stop-And-search — Police Witness by sketcherJ(m): 8:15am On Jan 17, 2023
CheapHomes1:

you see the way you have made a fool of yourself?

how is a car not having plates the justification for shooting at occupants in a vehicle?

Come on be sensible now. This is common sense

There is no justification and no one is supporting the cop here!

I am telling you that don’t see Nigerian police as disciplined or learned individuals, they could kill you for the most little thing. That’s bad but it should tell you how to protect yourself! If you still don’t get this, then I don’t know for you.

I am a young guy with a car and I have been stopped by cops several times even when it’s uncalled for. You know what I stop, cos I understand these evil men in uniform, you can delay me but I won’t let you Bleep up my life
Re: How My Colleague Killed Bolanle Raheem During Stop-And-search — Police Witness by skultrick(m): 8:16am On Jan 17, 2023
ipobarecriminals:
Shut up there. I stay in US. The police here will rather chase u than shot U..Just last weekend, a fellow Naija didn't stopped at traffic light and viola, the cops chased caught up with her and question not Shot her. Why are Abuja own different and how do u knew the driver didn't obey/stop? Hope you'll say this same if the dead lady is ur wife, sis/even ur mother

I'll tell my wife never to disrespect the authority. Its utter foolishness to do so. You can try that in US and get remain alive but don't try it in Nigeria. Be warned.
Re: How My Colleague Killed Bolanle Raheem During Stop-And-search — Police Witness by CheapHomes1: 8:17am On Jan 17, 2023
sketcherJ:

Come on be sensible now. This is common sense

There is no justification and no one is supporting the cop here!

I am telling you that don’t see Nigerian police as disciplined or learned individuals, they could kill you for the most little thing. That’s bad but it should tell you how to protect yourself! If you still don’t get this, then I don’t know for you

You haven't answered the question.

Re: How My Colleague Killed Bolanle Raheem During Stop-And-search — Police Witness by Godsonkemz(m): 8:18am On Jan 17, 2023
If this witness is saying the truth, then I blame the husband for not stopping at the stop and search checkpoint.
However the trigger happy killercop should have allowed them go. I'm sure the number plate was visible to be captured by the police who are lying that there was no number on the vehicle in order to cover up their mess.
Re: How My Colleague Killed Bolanle Raheem During Stop-And-search — Police Witness by sketcherJ(m): 8:19am On Jan 17, 2023
CheapHomes1:

You haven't answered the question.

Of course it wasn’t the deceased but when bullets leave guns, they don’t have a name on it, don’t forget you are dealing with evil men in uniform with an armed rifle who can’t even aim well. It’s better to obey their orders for some few minutes and move on with your life than joining their victim statistics. This shiii will still happen again and again. They don’t learn.
Re: How My Colleague Killed Bolanle Raheem During Stop-And-search — Police Witness by Naz34(m): 8:19am On Jan 17, 2023
taylor88:

Ask una Tinubu naa Shebi na him get Lagos
but come o. The way this Tinubu name dey give una sleepless night eh. I never see such before. Lol...
Love him or hate him He is the next Nigeria president and for good.
Re: How My Colleague Killed Bolanle Raheem During Stop-And-search — Police Witness by Credobee(m): 8:19am On Jan 17, 2023
Mark this day
The Nigerian police as presently set up can never conduct a serious investigation against one of its own.
They have already watered down the case and the evidence of this Christmas day murder that the trial judge would have nothing to use as material evidence for a conviction.
His dismissal from the force is worst he would be getting
Re: How My Colleague Killed Bolanle Raheem During Stop-And-search — Police Witness by MASTAkiLLAh(m): 8:19am On Jan 17, 2023
sketcherJ:
come on stop being too overtly emotional. The death pained us all but we are being realistic here. Or do you want me to lie to you that if you get abroad and the cops stop you and if you don’t wait, they will say ok and let you go? The heck?
oga, I said you should stop saying rubbish . Which yeye abroad are you people talking about that people haven't travelled to before and why will police just want to stop a vehicle with a family in that abroad ? Besides, I'm telling you there's no way the police will stop you at that particular checkpoint that you'll be able to take off, I stay at Lekki and that area is my route. You, you're just a wicked person trying to justify murder with your useless analogy
Re: How My Colleague Killed Bolanle Raheem During Stop-And-search — Police Witness by BigDawsNet: 8:20am On Jan 17, 2023
You stopped a vehicle and the driver dint stop,

That's not an excuse to shoot!

Why don't you pursuit

1 Like

Re: How My Colleague Killed Bolanle Raheem During Stop-And-search — Police Witness by ipobarecriminals: 8:21am On Jan 17, 2023
Fuckyoumod:
my brother, if you like your life don't even put yourself in that position. Even a disciplined police officer in Nigeria might be forced to shoot.

Excerpt you are carrying exhibit, please just wait for few minutes and drive home safely, wisdom is better than plenty stories.
Even if that officer is killed today, that lawyer is gone forever. No play with your life ooh.. nobody get that leisure or time to chase you up and down for Lagos.

See, this is Nigeria also apply wisdom whenever you are in contact with armed person whether police or not.
Nobody has that time to be chasing you like we have in Hollywood movies.

One shot.... The rest is history!
I blame the driver of that vehicle, he played a part in the murder of that lawyer.

Kai.... I'm not happy at all.
I know Naija police behavior. Those ones can twist and turn Story to suit themselves. Just week back, they told us nah the handwork of his village people,imagine!.How are we sure the driver failed to stop?. Same station police killed a young man in that vicinity, wetin dat one do too, he ran/whistle? I know those bastards more than u do ok
Re: How My Colleague Killed Bolanle Raheem During Stop-And-search — Police Witness by CheapHomes1: 8:21am On Jan 17, 2023
sketcherJ:

Of course it wasn’t the deceased
But according to you
skultrick:

But let's be frank, this woman may have contributed to her death. How would you disobey authority when flagged down. Moreover, the car had no plate number. Obviously she felt since she's lawyer she can do and undo. This was how a custom officer was killed by a soldier after they declined to stop.

Whoever you're please respect authority to avoid stories that touch.

1 Like

Re: How My Colleague Killed Bolanle Raheem During Stop-And-search — Police Witness by sketcherJ(m): 8:22am On Jan 17, 2023
MASTAkiLLAh:
oga, I said you should stop saying rubbish . Which yeye abroad are you people talking about that people haven't travelled to before and why will police just want to stop a vehicle with a family in that abroad ? Besides, I'm telling you there's no way the police will stop you at that particular checkpoint that you'll be able to take off, I stay at Lekki and that area is my route. You, you're just a wicked person trying to justify murder with your useless analogy
I am not justifying murder, I have said that several times, I don’t even know the cop or the victim neither I am friends with the force. You are just being a sentimental person who has refused to apply common sense. The stop and search is not justified too. But i am telling you as a black man, sometimes some cops over there could routinely stop you. It’s not justified too but we can call it soft racism. When they stop you you stop, no one is saying they have the right to shoot. Come on
Re: How My Colleague Killed Bolanle Raheem During Stop-And-search — Police Witness by zinizta: 8:23am On Jan 17, 2023
skultrick:

But let's be frank, this woman may have contributed to her death. How would you disobey authority when flagged down. Moreover, the car had no plate number. Obviously she felt since she's lawyer she can do and undo. This was how a custom officer was killed by a soldier after they declined to stop.

Haves you listened to the testimony of other witnesses?

And if we assume the policeman's testimony is the truth, how did she contribute, if she wasn't driving the car?
Re: How My Colleague Killed Bolanle Raheem During Stop-And-search — Police Witness by Skty: 8:24am On Jan 17, 2023
Timoleon:
So the many drivers that have been killed for not parting with money at various stops are what?

He couldn't have shot her after she stopped. Just like that? Except he's insane or drunk. So see the scenario:

Police: Stops vehicle
Event: Next thing shoots?

It's not possible. She must have provoked them..

You nor hate police reach me, but I'm tryin to weigh both sides. I'm not supporting police either. But no one can tell me nothing transpired
Re: How My Colleague Killed Bolanle Raheem During Stop-And-search — Police Witness by Nobody: 8:24am On Jan 17, 2023
skultrick:

Re: How My Colleague Killed Bolanle Raheem During Stop-And-search — Police Witness by jahsharon: 8:27am On Jan 17, 2023
taylor88:

Ask una Tinubu naa Shebi na him get Lagos

Now I know why Awolowo, Benjamin Adekunle and Obasanjo used over three million stubborn goats from the East for goat meat pepper soup and suya in 1967
Re: How My Colleague Killed Bolanle Raheem During Stop-And-search — Police Witness by zinizta: 8:27am On Jan 17, 2023
DWJOBScom:
I said it!
I was telling my colleague the other day that there's more to this case that it's best to calm down.

It's either the driver didn't stop and infuriated the policemen or the policemen were assassins cos it doesn't work that way anymore.

Now, the first one - the driver didn't stop
Second , the car had no plate number

From the look of things , the family is connected, so the Police has no right to stop them or they were afraid of being stopped by the Police for driving a car without a plate number or a case of accidental discharge.

For the so sensitive emotional beings that will say plenty- you are welcome

You're the type to run with one side of the story �

Men!!! Well, it's alright.
Re: How My Colleague Killed Bolanle Raheem During Stop-And-search — Police Witness by zinizta: 8:28am On Jan 17, 2023
Midehi3:

Shut up, just shut up, will that warrant to kill, I wonder what kind of evil blood flows for una vein, chai....and how are you sure there was no plate number hun, don't you see they are trying to twist the whole story, if when you kill for self defence, there is still punishment for that, not flag a car down, he refused then the next is to shoot, mhennn.....I weep for una

How are you even sure that is the truth?

The police frame people everytime.
Re: How My Colleague Killed Bolanle Raheem During Stop-And-search — Police Witness by jahsharon: 8:28am On Jan 17, 2023
AdaojoTheUrchin:

What a silly question filled with buffoonery. Typical of Thiefnubbu's urchins.

You see white and call it black. Dishonest and dubious louts. Tueh!

I would have been surprised if you didn't mention Emilokan Tinubu the Jagaban Borgu City Boy Extraordinaire. That's the person your father and grandfather prayed to be, but God Bever answered their prayers.
Re: How My Colleague Killed Bolanle Raheem During Stop-And-search — Police Witness by crafteck(m): 8:28am On Jan 17, 2023
skultrick:

Killing is the punishment for not stopping? Portable dey sing for ur head.

1 Like

Re: How My Colleague Killed Bolanle Raheem During Stop-And-search — Police Witness by MASTAkiLLAh(m): 8:29am On Jan 17, 2023
sketcherJ:
I am not justifying murder, I have said that several times, I don’t even know the cop or the victim neither I am friends with the force. You are just being a sentimental person who has refused to apply common sense. The stop and search is not justified too. But i am telling you as a black man, sometimes some cops over there could routinely stop you. It’s not justified too but we can call it soft racism. When they stop you you stop, no one is saying they have the right to shoot. Come on
you also read without comprehension and I'm getting tired of you . Maybe you skipped the part where I said it's impossible to beat that particular checkpoint and in the abroad you and your fellow agbado goons have been quoting since morning, the police will chase then charge you for traffic violation which is most likely small claims court. There's what is called profiling, the police won't just see a happy family driving along and decide to stop them. WHAT IF SHE WAS YOUR SISTER or MOTHER, WOULD YOU HAVE BEEN PUTTING ME THROUGH SO MUCH STRESS JUST TO EXPLAIN COMMON SENSE AND EMPATHY? Fūck you

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Aba South/North Bye-Election: INEC Declares PDP's Ebisieke Winner / President Buhari Approves Review Of Grazing Reserves In 25 States / Why Mamman Daura Was Flown To UK - Aminu Balele Kurfi, Associate

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.