Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,186,924 members, 7,931,201 topics. Date: Sunday, 25 August 2024 at 06:53 PM

How My Colleague Killed Bolanle Raheem During Stop-And-search — Police Witness - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / How My Colleague Killed Bolanle Raheem During Stop-And-search — Police Witness (34133 Views)

Bolanle Raheem: IGP Recommends Suspension Of ASP Drambi Vandi / Bolanle Raheem: Sanwo-Olu’s Delegation Visits Raheem Family / Sanwo-Olu Mourns Bolanle Raheem, Condoles Family (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How My Colleague Killed Bolanle Raheem During Stop-And-search — Police Witness by DesChyko: 2:13pm On Jan 17, 2023
SodiumValproate:

Yes

So if a person gets a two-count charge of battery and assault, it's because two people were affected? undecided
Re: How My Colleague Killed Bolanle Raheem During Stop-And-search — Police Witness by ameh99: 2:18pm On Jan 17, 2023
Na wa o
Re: How My Colleague Killed Bolanle Raheem During Stop-And-search — Police Witness by Ojady(m): 2:49pm On Jan 17, 2023
This is very sad and unfortunate sad .
May her soul find rest in peace (Amen)
May the Lord have mercy on the officer helping him overcome the tormentous thoughts of killing another. (Amen)

Nigeria today is a volatile reservoir of flammable violence, all one needs is the right match and boom! death occurs.
On the fateful day, the officer never knew he would be shooting someone and be in a mess, the victim didnt have the slightest inkling she would not be returning home; her hubby and those present never imagined this would be the concern of a new year. All these point to deeper issues prevalent in the country. People are unhappy deeply, people are troubled, traumatized and as much as folks try to contain it, it can only be hid for so long, manifesting itself in ways beyond imagination and control, at the least expected provocation.

While we comment please let us consider that:
1. There are many folks who have been accidentally shot but the case never went to court. And when it did, it was not expedited like this, the process was made so long winded to frustrate the family of the victim. This case is in the spotlight because the victim is considerably "well placed", because of the period and circumstances when the event happened etc

2. No Police officer, would be happy to be on the streets doing traffic stops on Christmas day? They would have prefered being home doing something else, but where they dont have families or are deeply unhappy or pressures to deliver from "Ogas at the top" the aggression and proclivity for mindless behaviour typical of the NPF would have been heightened on that day. A simple stop "...merry Christmas officers, we did not know you would be here today; "we dont have a lot of money here, but in the spirit of Christmas, what we have we'll share etc..." became a scene from a horror movie.

3. This example calls for a deep consciousness of the unseen dangers lurking in the shadows of every interaction in Nigeria. This is why folks should watch and pray. Watch closely, looking beyond the physical appearance and praying for daily intervention of the Lord in every engagement. There is so much bloodshed in that Nation, souls that have been wrongly killed are not resting in peace, rather they are calling for vengeance, seeking unguarded folks to express their dissatisfaction through them...
Let us decide that each day of 2023, "I will not be a tool or accessory to darkness". The Lord never banished the darkness he met in Genesis 1, He only said "Let there be Light" and that Light is in the midst of the darkness. His purpose is that we may see the hidden emptiness (dangers, vanity, evil, death) on earth and follow Him to His strong tower where we are saved.

May our soul not be extricated from our body (our licence to be here) untimely in Jesus Christ's Name (Amen)

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How My Colleague Killed Bolanle Raheem During Stop-And-search — Police Witness by jimcaddy(m): 4:25pm On Jan 17, 2023
Who were the eye witnesses there around that time this incident happened. They should come forward. And the police should check the bullet and see if it matches with the gun in Mr Vandi's hand that day.

1 Like

Re: How My Colleague Killed Bolanle Raheem During Stop-And-search — Police Witness by Omoodutodaiwa1: 5:20pm On Jan 17, 2023
The driver that refuse to stop kill the woman
Re: How My Colleague Killed Bolanle Raheem During Stop-And-search — Police Witness by Ayomivic(m): 5:56pm On Jan 17, 2023
StormpyBee:
Mr Ahmed should be charged with 2nd degree homicide. Him dey try defend him colleague, him say na noise him hear, say him no hear gun shot.

Make dem light the guy abeg. Make him join the woman
Ay ne you should read the post again . Je did not say he heard the noise . He said heard the gunshot
Re: How My Colleague Killed Bolanle Raheem During Stop-And-search — Police Witness by gommez: 6:20pm On Jan 17, 2023
RZArecta:
shut up oga. Which US are you talking about that people haven't gone to before ?
mumu go n read n learn how some Americans are getting shot n killed for not following simple police instructions
Re: How My Colleague Killed Bolanle Raheem During Stop-And-search — Police Witness by Skty: 8:00pm On Jan 17, 2023
CheapHomes1:

Did you read the article? From the testimony outlined in the artic6, can you produce anything said by the witness that corroborates your theory?

How did she provoke the police that warranted her being shot?

Then let's assume the police is a lunatic then. It's not even accidental discharge. Most times, I look at two sides. So a police will just look at u after u have stopped and shoot? Hmmm. Police stop me all the time. I show them my papers and go.

The witness said, the car wasn't numbered,that two police stopped her...I want to believe this chain of events makes more sense than 'stop and shoot'. Except the police is having some mental challenge. That's the only possiblity of the stop of shoot.

I heard the late lawyer's sister dragged the killer to the car and the husband drove to the station...it appears the family and killer police
Sabi themselves
Re: How My Colleague Killed Bolanle Raheem During Stop-And-search — Police Witness by Skty: 8:03pm On Jan 17, 2023
CheapHomes1:

Did you read the article? From the testimony outlined in the artic6, can you produce anything said by the witness that corroborates your theory?

How did she provoke the police that warranted her being shot?

Or maybe the idiotic killer's mind wasn't at work. He wanted vacation...and upset he was working during the yuletide season.
Re: How My Colleague Killed Bolanle Raheem During Stop-And-search — Police Witness by CheapHomes1: 8:09pm On Jan 17, 2023
Skty:

Then let's assume the police is a lunatic then. It's not even accidental discharge. Most times, I look at two sides. So a police will just look at u after u have stopped and shoot? Hmmm. Police stop me all the time. I show them my papers and go.

The witness said, the car wasn't numbered,that two police stopped her...I want to believe this chain of events makes more sense than 'stop and shoot'. Except the police is having some mental challenge. That's the only possiblity of the stop of shoot.

I heard the late lawyer's sister dragged the killer to the car and the husband drove to the station...it appears the family and killer police
Sabi themselves

You didn't answer the questions I asked.

Did you read the article?

From the testimony outlined in the article, can you produce anything said by the witness that corroborates your theory?

How did the deceased provoke the police that warranted her being shot?
Re: How My Colleague Killed Bolanle Raheem During Stop-And-search — Police Witness by maasoap(m): 9:09pm On Jan 17, 2023
Timoleon:
What’s the proof that there was no plate number? The police man is a witness for the defense, who do you think his story will favour?

He is a witness for the prosecutors.
Then, you forgot to ask for the proof that they didn't actually stop when asked.
Re: How My Colleague Killed Bolanle Raheem During Stop-And-search — Police Witness by Skty: 2:09am On Jan 18, 2023
CheapHomes1:

You didn't answer the questions I asked.

Did you read the article?

From the testimony outlined in the article, can you produce anything said by the witness that corroborates your theory?

Chain of events and answer to u. U didn't read the article very very obviously...see below:

The witness said they were conducting a stop-and-search exercise when the incident happened at Ajah underbridge, adding that he was the only one unarmed in the three-man patrol team.

He said Mr Ebieme, a police inspector, stood at the front of the patrol team, while he was standing in the middle and the defendant was at the back.

“Inspector Ebieme flagged down a car (referring to the deceased husband’s car), the car did not stop, I also flagged down the car, the car did not stop for me,” he said.

“After that, the next thing I heard was a gunshot. I looked back to see what was happening, I saw a car in which the front window was falling down.

“The next thing I saw was that one black woman jumped down from the vehicle. She held SUPOL Vandi and she said ‘oga, you have killed my sister’.

“The woman held him. The next thing, they entered the car and they all zoomed off.”
Re: How My Colleague Killed Bolanle Raheem During Stop-And-search — Police Witness by CheapHomes1: 2:13am On Jan 18, 2023
Skty:

Chain of events and answer to u. U didn't read the article very very obviously...see below:

The witness said they were conducting a stop-and-search exercise when the incident happened at Ajah underbridge, adding that he was the only one unarmed in the three-man patrol team.

He said Mr Ebieme, a police inspector, stood at the front of the patrol team, while he was standing in the middle and the defendant was at the back.

“Inspector Ebieme flagged down a car (referring to the deceased husband’s car), the car did not stop, I also flagged down the car, the car did not stop for me,” he said.

“After that, the next thing I heard was a gunshot. I looked back to see what was happening, I saw a car in which the front window was falling down.

“The next thing I saw was that one black woman jumped down from the vehicle. She held SUPOL Vandi and she said ‘oga, you have killed my sister’.

“The woman held him. The next thing, they entered the car and they all zoomed off.”

offpoint. You didn't answer the questions I asked.

Did you read the article? yes or no

Re: How My Colleague Killed Bolanle Raheem During Stop-And-search — Police Witness by MrALIVE: 5:36am On Jan 18, 2023
FreeStuffsNG:
Could this woman have been killed by someone else?
I hope the ballistic test of the bullet(s) extracted from her has been done.

N,B; Vandi has denied killing her on record. Eyin mob cyberbullies and ipob terrorists filled with hate and ignorance of the law, let the court justice system decide the fate of Vandi the alleged killer. Same police you hate and vilify so much is still the first you ill-mannered professional hypocrite will run to in time of trouble and when they save you, your life and family, you do not come on SM to praise the good officers among them. Let the culpability of the alleged killer of late Bolanle be proven beyond ALL reasonable doubt so that true justice is served to act as deterrent to others. Adieu Bolanle Raheem.
you are just a fool for bringing tribalism into this write-up.
Re: How My Colleague Killed Bolanle Raheem During Stop-And-search — Police Witness by amuwo1980: 5:40am On Jan 18, 2023
Bede2u:
Suddenly yorubas are happy with Nigeria. The same yorubas who were complaining about poor governance and police brutality prior to 2015 are now happy with things. What has changed for the better from 2015 to now?
Well what changed is that a yoruba is vp and speaker. Very clannish
Bolanle could possibly have been one of those Nigerians who think that they punish igbos when they vote Buhari and Tinubu but Nigeria doesn't work that way naw
Their political philosophy is tribalism, they all supported obj in his theme because of his tribe, all they do is governed by their tribal outlook , the only ppl in the world comparable to the Yorubas in been clannish is the Latino communities in the USA , a Latino will instinctively aligned with a fellow Latino in any argument even if he does not ha e all the facts in his hands
Re: How My Colleague Killed Bolanle Raheem During Stop-And-search — Police Witness by SodiumValproate: 6:47am On Jan 18, 2023
DesChyko:

So if a person gets a two-count charge of battery and assault, it's because two people were affected? undecided
Na because him beat the person two times grin

Maybe you go like make him kill the woman ressurect her then kill her again so that him go get two counts.

grin
Re: How My Colleague Killed Bolanle Raheem During Stop-And-search — Police Witness by DesChyko: 7:31am On Jan 18, 2023
SodiumValproate:

Na because him beat the person two times grin

Maybe you go like make him kill the woman ressurect her then kill her again so that him go get two counts.

grin

Chai. See whyning angry angry

Re: How My Colleague Killed Bolanle Raheem During Stop-And-search — Police Witness by SodiumValproate: 7:39am On Jan 18, 2023
DesChyko:

Chai. See whyning angry angry
Na law for you be that grin
Re: How My Colleague Killed Bolanle Raheem During Stop-And-search — Police Witness by Channel54: 7:47am On Jan 18, 2023
FreeStuffsNG:
Could this woman have been killed by someone else?
I hope the ballistic test of the bullet(s) extracted from her has been done.

N,B; Vandi has denied killing her on record. Eyin mob cyberbullies and ipob terrorists filled with hate and ignorance of the law, let the court justice system decide the fate of Vandi the alleged killer. Same police you hate and vilify so much is still the first you ill-mannered professional hypocrite will run to in time of trouble and when they save you, your life and family, you do not come on SM to praise the good officers among them. Let the culpability of the alleged killer of late Bolanle be proven beyond ALL reasonable doubt so that true justice is served to act as deterrent to others. Adieu Bolanle Raheem.

Same.question will.be asked the day police will shoot u too and it will be very soon.
Re: How My Colleague Killed Bolanle Raheem During Stop-And-search — Police Witness by Skty: 8:25am On Jan 18, 2023
CheapHomes1:

offpoint. You didn't answer the questions I asked.

Did you read the article? yes or no

U be dull person o. Were u there? I said and I repeat no police will shoot u like that. The witness said she didn't stop and no plate number. Granted, the police has committed a felony. He will go in for it. Let's hear from the police man too. He has already pleaded not guilty. Hear from him. I believe in fair hearing. Fair hearing is u hear from both sides. Or u don't want to hear from the police? He should be sentenced without trial?. I already showed u chain of events. Next thing we will start abusing ourselves. From ur response ..u are Yoruba... when u have a dissenting view, they can't condone it. Oya what tribe are u?

I have answered u. And u keep insisting like u want us to enter into a fight. Is ur brain ok so? Read my response and disagree. The police said she had no number plate and didn't stop. I said in my heart, it may have provoked the police. Do u have control over what should provoke a human being or not? E be like say u de there.

I had a close friend that was shot by the police. And how? He gave the police #10,000k, in excitement the police jumped high in the air and his gun killed the person.

Let's hear from the police
Re: How My Colleague Killed Bolanle Raheem During Stop-And-search — Police Witness by CheapHomes1: 8:59am On Jan 18, 2023
Skty:

U be dull person o. Were u there? I said and I repeat no police will shoot u like that. The witness said she didn't stop and no plate number. Granted, the police has committed a felony. He will go in for it. Let's hear from the police man too. He has already pleaded not guilty. Hear from him. I believe in fair hearing. Fair hearing is u hear from both sides. Or u don't want to hear from the police? He should be sentenced without trial?. I already showed u chain of events. Next thing we will start abusing ourselves. From ur response ..u are Yoruba... when u have a dissenting view, they can't condone it. Oya what tribe are u?

I have answered u. And u keep insisting like u want us to enter into a fight. Is ur brain ok so? Read my response and disagree. The police said she had no number plate and didn't stop. I said in my heart, it may have provoked the police. Do u have control over what should provoke a human being or not? E be like say u de there.

I had a close friend that was shot by the police. And how? He gave the police #10,000k, in excitement the police jumped high in the air and his gun killed the person.

Let's hear from the police

Offpoint. Very emotional and empty response without even answering the questions. Pls dont mistake your plenty words for substance.

Pls try again.

1. Did you read the article? yes or no

2. From the testimony outlined in the article, can you produce anything said by the witness that corroborates your theory?

3. How did the deceased provoke the police that warranted her being shot?
Re: How My Colleague Killed Bolanle Raheem During Stop-And-search — Police Witness by Skty: 9:22pm On Jan 18, 2023
CheapHomes1:

Offpoint. Very emotional and empty response without even answering the questions. Pls dont mistake your plenty words for substance.

Pls try again.

1. Did you read the article? yes or no

2. From the testimony outlined in the article, can you produce anything said by the witness that corroborates your theory?

3. How did the deceased provoke the police that warranted her being shot?

Lol mental health is real..go for meds o. I answer u..u ask again..I'm ignoring u henceforth,bye
Re: How My Colleague Killed Bolanle Raheem During Stop-And-search — Police Witness by CheapHomes1: 1:47am On Jan 19, 2023
Skty:

Lol mental health is real..go for meds o. I answer u..u ask again..I'm ignoring u henceforth,bye

Like i said earlier. offpoint. Very emotional and empty response without even answering the questions. Pls dont mistake your plenty words for substance.

the first question i asked you was
1. Did you read the article? all you needed to do was simply answer "yes or no". I am yet to see that in your response. so if you cant answer such a simple question, how then do you answer mpre complex questions?

maybe you dont understand the meaning of the word "theory". now this is your theory:

"Police: Stops vehicle
Event: Next thing shoots?

It's not possible. She must have provoked them.."

from your theory, you drew an inference which is "It's not possible. She must have provoked them" and the question i asked you is simple. based on your theory and inference, can you produce anything in the testimony of the witness that corroborates your theory? did the witness say that the deceased provoke her killer? unfortunately, you havent been able to. just words without meaning.

3.How did the deceased provoke the police that warranted her being shot?

this is also rather a very simple question. i am yet to see the response you provided to supports your claim that the deceased provoked the police officer that killed her.

now lets see some of the things you said. according to you "The witness said she didn't stop and no plate number",

then you produced this from the story even without reading or understanding what you read: "“The next thing I saw was that one black woman jumped down from the vehicle. She held SUPOL Vandi and she said ‘oga, you have killed my sister’.

If according to you the woman didnt stop and then she was shot for not stopping, how then was she able to "zoom off" after she was shot? where did she zoom off to?

how does plate number factor into all of this?
Re: How My Colleague Killed Bolanle Raheem During Stop-And-search — Police Witness by Skty: 6:55am On Jan 19, 2023
CheapHomes1:

Like i said earlier. offpoint. Very emotional and empty response without even answering the questions. Pls dont mistake your plenty words for substance.

1. Did you read the article? all you needed to do was simply answer "yes or no". I am yet to see that in your response. so if you cant answer such a simple question, how then do you answer mpre complex questions?

maybe you dont understand the meaning of the word "theory". now this is your theory:

from your theory, you drew an inference which is "It's not possible. She must have provoked them" and the question i asked you is simple. based on your theory and inference, can you produce anything in the testimony of the witness that corroborates your theory? did the witness say that the deceased provoke her killer? unfortunately, you havent been able to. just words without meaning.

this is also rather a very simple question. i am yet to see the response you provided to supports your claim that the deceased provoked the police officer that killed her.

now lets see some of the things you said. according to you "The witness said she didn't stop and no plate number",

then you produced this from the story even without reading or understanding what you read: "“The next thing I saw was that one black woman jumped down from the vehicle. She held SUPOL Vandi and she said ‘oga, you have killed my sister’.

If according to you the woman didnt stop and then she was shot for not stopping, how then was she able to "zoom off" after she was shot? where did she zoom off to?

If police stops u, try not to stop then tell me later when u reach another life. You will know they shoot people who don't stop. Number one provocation to police is if they stop u and u don't stop. Or u nor be Nigerian sef?

Number 2, I need to ask u, can a Policeman (not armed robber) shoot without any issue? During the day . Just like that.... Remember my language...'any issue'
Re: How My Colleague Killed Bolanle Raheem During Stop-And-search — Police Witness by CheapHomes1: 7:12am On Jan 19, 2023
Skty:

If police stops u, try not to stop then tell me later when u reach another life. You will know they shoot people who don't stop. Number one provocation to police is if they stop u and u don't stop. Or u nor be Nigerian sef?

Number 2, I need to ask u, can a Policeman (not armed robber) shoot without any issue? During the day . Just like that.... Remember my language...'any issue'

Once again, nigga can't answer simple questions and has confirmed what I have been saying all along.

Re: How My Colleague Killed Bolanle Raheem During Stop-And-search — Police Witness by Skty: 9:08am On Jan 20, 2023
CheapHomes1:

Once again, nigga can't answer simple questions and has confirmed what I have been saying all along.

Yesterday I read that a youth corper was beaten up and knived in Osun in Linda ikejis blog.. In as much as people pitied the guy, many kept on asking 'what did he do?' 'its half story ' u can't be beaten by students and stabbed just like that. It may even be that u strayed to an unsafe area ignorantly. But people just want to know what happened to learn ...or know the sequence of events..

Now to our argument, I just know what happened that fateful day. And the referenced witness corroborated my thinking with what he said. Well, prima facie, I believe him.. I will keep following the matter to know what transpired that fateful day. Unfortunately the Counsel is gone. But justice will definitely be served.
Re: How My Colleague Killed Bolanle Raheem During Stop-And-search — Police Witness by CheapHomes1: 1:48am On Jan 21, 2023
Skty:

Yesterday I read that a youth corper was beaten up and knived in Osun in Linda ikejis blog.. In as much as people pitied the guy, many kept on asking 'what did he do?' 'its half story ' u can't be beaten by students and stabbed just like that. It may even be that u strayed to an unsafe area ignorantly. But people just want to know what happened to learn ...or know the sequence of events..

Now to our argument, I just know what happened that fateful day. And the referenced witness corroborated my thinking with what he said. Well, prima facie, I believe him.. I will keep following the matter to know what transpired that fateful day. Unfortunately the Counsel is gone. But justice will definitely be served.

Re: How My Colleague Killed Bolanle Raheem During Stop-And-search — Police Witness by Feggie3: 5:34am On Jan 21, 2023
mycar:

this can only be asked by agbodo urchin.
killed by someone else in the presence of police and no arrest was made, right?
they are highly brainless
Re: How My Colleague Killed Bolanle Raheem During Stop-And-search — Police Witness by Skty: 11:19am On Jan 29, 2023
CheapHomes1:

Tyre Nichols, a 29-year-old FedEx driver, was killed by 5 policemen in the US. They said when he was stopped, he refused to stop. If u like when police stop u(definitely ur Keke) nor stop, them go waste u like the others.

A word is enough for the living- whether foolish or wise
Re: How My Colleague Killed Bolanle Raheem During Stop-And-search — Police Witness by RZArecta(m): 3:50pm On Jan 29, 2023
sketcherJ:
baba he is right especially if you are black. If you don’t stop, they will chase you and you are cooling your feet in jail for it after they have roughhandled you. Now if in your process of running, you hit someone, you get more charges, you hit a policeman? Now you better pray to God cos they could come gun blazing,
the way some of you talk about this abroad as if some of us don't travel out is amazing me. You're using exceptions to standard procedures which have dire consequences to officers involved in western societies to justify what is fast becoming a norm in Nigeria. Continue but pray your mother, wife or sister is not a victim of police shooting tomorrow because I will blame any of them shamelessly
Re: How My Colleague Killed Bolanle Raheem During Stop-And-search — Police Witness by gommez: 6:19pm On Jan 31, 2023
RZArecta:
shut up oga. Which US are you talking about that people haven't gone to before ?
you can read up on how another black american was killed by america police during a trafic stop just recently.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uSZ6Rj9urhw
Re: How My Colleague Killed Bolanle Raheem During Stop-And-search — Police Witness by CheapHomes1: 1:16pm On Feb 05, 2023
Skty:

Tyre Nichols, a 29-year-old FedEx driver, was killed by 5 policemen in the US. They said when he was stopped, he refused to stop. If u like when police stop u(definitely ur Keke) nor stop, them go waste u like the others.

A word is enough for the living- whether foolish or wise

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

New Facts Show President Jonathan’s Age Falsification / HILARIOUS Tweet And Pic Of A Buhari Supporter. / Emir Begs Prof. Farooq Kperogi To Stop Criticizing Buhari, Nigerians React

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 90
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.