Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,978 members, 7,873,148 topics. Date: Thursday, 27 June 2024 at 08:49 AM

Northern Reps Block Bill For Voluntary NYSC Participation - NYSC (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / Northern Reps Block Bill For Voluntary NYSC Participation (16879 Views)

Rahila Garba: Bauchi Corper Builds N3.5M Block Of Classrooms / Request For Voluntary Extension Of Service Year. / 33,000 :Request For Voluntary Extension Of Service Year. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Northern Reps Block Bill For Voluntary NYSC Participation by whippersnapper(m): 1:53am On Jan 18, 2023
the law of the high and mighty
Re: Northern Reps Block Bill For Voluntary NYSC Participation by EastAlchemist: 2:13am On Jan 18, 2023
occfx:

They just don't want to grow. They just want everything to remain archaic and the same year in year out, lazy people
North get sense oo
Re: Northern Reps Block Bill For Voluntary NYSC Participation by tenpipsperday: 2:55am On Jan 18, 2023
slivertongue:
Nysc is due for scrapping

Long overdue. But if it must continue let it be on one's home state or choice state
Re: Northern Reps Block Bill For Voluntary NYSC Participation by tenpipsperday: 2:57am On Jan 18, 2023
ASAPFERG:
NYSC should be scrapped .
sending people to where they don't want to go to.. imagine sending me to that cursed afghaneastern all in the name of service? undecided
mtcheww

Go and collect five credits first. Motor park thugs don't do NYSC stuff.

1 Like

Re: Northern Reps Block Bill For Voluntary NYSC Participation by OGHENAOGIE(m): 3:48am On Jan 18, 2023
samx4real:
They know that the north is the region enjoying the scheme the most.

I serve there... They use corp members as alternative for cheap labour.

Pay them chicken change and they get the job done for them.
in anambra how many teachers do they have nobi corpers de teach their students.. the way some of u reason self always assuming the South is perfect... Mtcheew
Re: Northern Reps Block Bill For Voluntary NYSC Participation by waldigit: 4:00am On Jan 18, 2023
It's obvious it's not natural resources reason why the north is scared to stand alone.
Re: Northern Reps Block Bill For Voluntary NYSC Participation by hssd8nland: 4:25am On Jan 18, 2023
hssd8nland:
Every small thing these guys keep dragging the southerners back , you think the Northerners them selves care about the program, everyone knows it's of no significance, what is happening there at the house doesn't really translate to what the common Northerner wants .... Every youth from the north posted to South doesn't want to go same goes to youth from the South posted to the North, you and I know that.
Re: Northern Reps Block Bill For Voluntary NYSC Participation by Fejoku: 4:35am On Jan 18, 2023
OGHENAOGIE:
in anambra how many teachers do they have nobi corpers de teach their students.. the way some of u reason self always assuming the South is perfect... Mtcheew
Does your state have more graduates than Anambra state?
Re: Northern Reps Block Bill For Voluntary NYSC Participation by Mikebj: 5:14am On Jan 18, 2023
see them northerners are afraid of making it optional, because them know 80% are Southerners are the ones contributing to the development of there State in all aspects. they are not brave alot to resit it
Re: Northern Reps Block Bill For Voluntary NYSC Participation by Royceey(m): 5:14am On Jan 18, 2023
blacksam01:

life is not all about jobjob job.....with all the technocrats Ukraine boast, they need demall as infantries.....

mk una get sense these southerners
What Sense have you derive from you just Pasted there!
To start with those thieves shouting National Integration How many Core NORTHERN GRADUATE are Serving in the Southern Region!

National Unity my Foot!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Northern Reps Block Bill For Voluntary NYSC Participation by slivertongue: 5:24am On Jan 18, 2023
tenpipsperday:

Long overdue. But if it must continue let it be on one's home state or choice state

Seconded. Its outdated
Re: Northern Reps Block Bill For Voluntary NYSC Participation by Royceey(m): 5:26am On Jan 18, 2023
To start with those thieves shouting National Integration Core NORTHERN GRADUATE don't Serve in the Southern Region!
Once they're Posted to South they immediately apply for redeployment back to their State, the north are not ready to create impact for the benefit of the Southern Region, but every now and then Southern Graduates are been posted to the North to develop their Region even the gruesome Killings happening over there!
Scrap this Shit everybody should remain in their Region!

National Unity my Foot!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Northern Reps Block Bill For Voluntary NYSC Participation by Heterodox(m): 5:53am On Jan 18, 2023
Many idiots dragging north, you would know they are flathea_ds already.

I'm from SW serving in North, and I can tell you, it's been a lot of lies told about life in the North.

There are people of various tribes who have not been to their home state since birth, here has been their home.

Without that scheme you wouldn't be aware of these truths. Because those their embittered parents are willing to lie to them about everything.

And more, with NYSC you have new exposure to cultures and opportunities.

Many are ranting about the wages, is the scheme meant to make you a Dangote?

One year is too much? But for the past three years what have you achieved with your life? Yes, you! You that is complaining!!!!

So you all should keep shut. I support the Northern senators and reps on this.

The age bracket can be extended, or the criteria for exemption be adjusted. An outright scrapping of the scheme is out of question.

1 Like

Re: Northern Reps Block Bill For Voluntary NYSC Participation by Heterodox(m): 5:58am On Jan 18, 2023
God1000:
NYSC has outlived its usefulness.

The scheme was set up by General Yakubu Gowon at the end of nigerian civil war to foster national integration.

So far it hasn't achieved that objective, instead the division keeps growing everyday.

There's so much anger and hate in this country today than it was in the sixties and seventies, we see it everyday on this forum as well.

Attaching too much importance to NYSC certificate is the reason everybody wants to serve, it shouldn't even be a major requirement for getting a job
People don't rant aimlessly as they do online offline.

There is no division anywhere.

Stop using online as a yardstick. It's many cowards online saying things they can't or don't do offline.
Re: Northern Reps Block Bill For Voluntary NYSC Participation by Mercury12(m): 6:09am On Jan 18, 2023
Nysc should be scrap or at least made optional.
Those northern reps that block the move are enemies of progress.

I hope the rest of the progressive rep fight for the bill to be pass.
Re: Northern Reps Block Bill For Voluntary NYSC Participation by aku626(m): 6:13am On Jan 18, 2023
This is where state governors should take it up. None of their indigents should be forced to serve 30 and above. They can come up with an alternative scheme.
Re: Northern Reps Block Bill For Voluntary NYSC Participation by deeway200(m): 6:13am On Jan 18, 2023
The Northerners will not be satisfied until they get the Southern youths killed
Re: Northern Reps Block Bill For Voluntary NYSC Participation by gabbytabby: 6:14am On Jan 18, 2023
Pro Unitate Schools and NYSC are very important tools to help cement unity between Nigerians across all regions and now more than ever it is needed.

It gives Chinedu, Kolawole and Ahmed an opportunity to speak to their kinsmen that all sections of Nigeria are in school and smart and struggling hard to better themselves for their family and people. It is not synonymous to any one people. We are all humans after all.

Even as a landlord I find pro unitate school attendees mild mannered when it comes to being a Nigerian versus being deeply tribalistic.
Re: Northern Reps Block Bill For Voluntary NYSC Participation by FoolishBoy419: 6:31am On Jan 18, 2023
Mendelssohn:
[s] The north is the only place in the country that needs the services of corp members, because advertently, ethnical factor is a basic concomitant in determining the likely place of posting. So a teeming population of better read southerners are pushed up there to assist in their schools in exchange for those up there, who got admitted into the univetsities with 110 UME cut off mark. The South West is the only place at the receiving end of the contrivance called National integration for which the scheme was originally designed, and this is because it's the only relatively or comparatively safe place in the country but the scheme does not statutorily allow for its indegenes to have a space there, save an imprint of "runz"[/s] .

I'm tired of reading these jargons written by arrogant bigots who've probably never left their states. Can you please show me a reliable source that says the north lacks sufficient teachers or better still, can you mention the northern university that accepts students with 110 JAMB scores?

You guys are just making yourselves look stupid everyday.
Re: Northern Reps Block Bill For Voluntary NYSC Participation by Ikanielijah4120: 6:41am On Jan 18, 2023
Honestly NYSC should be scrapped .
sending people to where they don't want to go most especially wrong PPA isn't right but the experience is another thing, Currently am serving in Oyo state, things are very expensive here, TP alone is something else, Imagine some of us that only depends on the 33k monthly, we are facing hell here.
Please if they are jobs opportunities around please reason with me Biko!!! � 07033241430
Re: Northern Reps Block Bill For Voluntary NYSC Participation by elmoore676(m): 6:43am On Jan 18, 2023
deeway200:
The Northerners will not be satisfied until they get the Southern youths killed
You know nothing about North, you think northerners give a F abt u. The last time i checked all southerners corps members love North they have plenty opportunities here.
Re: Northern Reps Block Bill For Voluntary NYSC Participation by occfx: 6:56am On Jan 18, 2023
EastAlchemist:

North get sense oo

Having sense is not good enough. Growth is important in human development. The educated ones have sense but they don't care about human development.
Re: Northern Reps Block Bill For Voluntary NYSC Participation by becky39000(m): 7:06am On Jan 18, 2023
slivertongue:
My brother it is long overdue as a matter of fact!
Re: Northern Reps Block Bill For Voluntary NYSC Participation by Tektronics12: 7:22am On Jan 18, 2023
They Should Please Pass a Law Making it a Criminal Offense to Owe Salary both in Government and Private Sector.
Re: Northern Reps Block Bill For Voluntary NYSC Participation by sulaak(m): 7:24am On Jan 18, 2023
slivertongue:

NYSE has not fostered national integration

However, Wase argued that the drafters of Nigerian laws did not make a mistake by creating the NYSC scheme, adding that one of the reasons was because they wanted national integration.
Re: Northern Reps Block Bill For Voluntary NYSC Participation by Masterclass32: 7:49am On Jan 18, 2023
slivertongue:

Overdue sef.
Re: Northern Reps Block Bill For Voluntary NYSC Participation by OGHENAOGIE(m): 7:53am On Jan 18, 2023
Fejoku:

Does your state have more graduates than Anambra state?
go and ask Google na... Same anambra that I served and na malpractice students de take pass waec some of u Igbos have a stupid arrogance... By next month when Obi losses we ll see what you guys will do... those of you thinking the North is a desolate place are very foolish and stupid...
Re: Northern Reps Block Bill For Voluntary NYSC Participation by OGHENAOGIE(m): 7:54am On Jan 18, 2023
Heterodox:
These Igbos are very bitter.

Chai!!!

The only region that don't need corper as such is South West

But education is just only one aspects. There are more.
kanayo is telling Igbos to vote Obi but if na saheed balogun do am wahala for de..
Re: Northern Reps Block Bill For Voluntary NYSC Participation by BeardGangJnr1(m): 8:34am On Jan 18, 2023
I'll be more than 30years before I graduate, can I serve?? Bcus i wanto
aku626:
This is where state governors should take it up. None of their indigents should be forced to serve 30 and above. They can come up with an alternative scheme.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

2012 Batch C, How Much Did You Save From Your Alawi? / Abuja Fct 2016 Batch A, Let's Meet Here / He Is Getting Frustrated At His PPA - What Can He Do?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.