Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,178,212 members, 7,903,970 topics. Date: Monday, 29 July 2024 at 05:42 AM

Marriage Does Not Need Love - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Marriage Does Not Need Love (2054 Views)

As A Man If You Need LOVE Provide SOMETHING, My Experience / Keeping Virginity Till Marriage, Does It Still Matter?. / Women Don't Need Love Or Care But (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Marriage Does Not Need Love by Divoc19(f): 10:18pm On Jan 18, 2023
MARRIAGE DOES NOT NEED LOVE

A successful marriage has little to do with love. Love is not the qualification for marriage.

Love is a dangerous thing.

Love can make you think you can make it.

Every divorce person was first in love with the person they divorce.
So, don't tell me love keeps you together.

Love does not guarantee success in marriage.

Love brings happiness but doesn't bring what it takes to make marriage work.

The only thing that makes marriage work, is knowledge.

You feel like you love someone, but you better get knowledge on how to live with them. And we are such a feeling culture that our insanity takes us to the alter, making commitments we know we can't keep.

Marriage is not protected by love, Marriage is protected by knowledge.
Copied

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Marriage Does Not Need Love by Nazgul: 10:22pm On Jan 18, 2023
Your copied write-up is incomplete. You said marriage needs knowledge

Knowledge about what?

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Marriage Does Not Need Love by Nobody: 10:26pm On Jan 18, 2023
Hmmm. I don’t understand the message. Love is the main ingredient for marriage. People don’t fall out of love most times they just can’t endure the pain caused by the other person as they both grow and they grow apart. Those who stay together just endured the pain and now enjoy the fruits of their pain. We’re growing everyday but our fast food generation wants it all now! Lol! Bleep love!

4 Likes

Re: Marriage Does Not Need Love by imagrg(m): 10:27pm On Jan 18, 2023
Love is a scam.

It exists no more.

7 Likes

Re: Marriage Does Not Need Love by Divoc19(f): 10:34pm On Jan 18, 2023
Knowledge on how to live with them

Nazgul:

Knowledge about what?

Tell them for me o
imagrg:
Love is a scam.

It exists no more.

@FuckTheMod love has always been lust to me since my teenage years. That doesn't mean I didn't fall once though but the experience was not good for me. I rora dey on my own now
Re: Marriage Does Not Need Love by FuckTheMod: 10:53pm On Jan 18, 2023
Divoc19:

A successful marriage has little to do with love. Love is not the qualification for marriage.

You feel like you love someone, but you better get knowledge on how to live with them. And we are such a feeling culture that our insanity takes us to the alter, making commitments we know we can't keep.

Copied
You get SENSE.

Love is the least thing one should consider in marriage, BECAUSE LOVE IS DOESN'T LAST.

3 Likes

Re: Marriage Does Not Need Love by brain54(m): 11:32pm On Jan 18, 2023
Op I agree with you…

I think what you should have used is compatibility instead of knowledge!

I feel love exists but should be the least to consider in getting married.

But love/emotions seems to be the first thing most consider for obvious reasons!

I feel marriage will work better with more of commitment, dedication, compassion and compatibility to a partner rather than when love is the major focus in a relationship. Love should be a bonus.

You just have to at least like a person to a certain extent to be able to live, cope and tolerate a person but what is more important are the qualities stated.

Love is just not enough!

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Marriage Does Not Need Love by burp18: 11:42pm On Jan 18, 2023
Sacrifice, tolerance, is what keeps a marriage. Having all tge knowledge about someone is of little use if you cannot tolerate each other's excesses. Be with someone who's always trying to please you, ask you what's wrong and this should apply for the both couple

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Marriage Does Not Need Love by Divoc19(f): 12:50am On Jan 19, 2023
No matter how committed you are if the commitment is one sided then, it won't last
because you will get exhausted along the line, motivation go finish
brain54:
Op I agree with you…

I think what you should have used is compatibility instead of knowledge!

I feel marriage will work better with more of commitment, dedication, compassion and compatibility to a partner rather than when love is the major focus in a relationship. Love should be a bonus.

Love is just not enough!

2 Likes

Re: Marriage Does Not Need Love by Divoc19(f): 12:51am On Jan 19, 2023
I agree. Yet all on your list is rare.

burp18:
Sacrifice, tolerance, is what keeps a marriage. Having all tge knowledge about someone is of little use if you cannot tolerate each other's excesses. Be with someone who's always trying to please you, ask you what's wrong and this should apply for the both couple

1 Like

Re: Marriage Does Not Need Love by brain54(m): 1:04am On Jan 19, 2023
Divoc19:
No matter how committed you are if the commitment is one sided then, it won't last
because you will get exhausted along the line, motivation go finish
The commitment and everything else obviously has to come from both parties involved…

1 Like

Re: Marriage Does Not Need Love by rickleye: 1:15am On Jan 19, 2023
Nazgul:

Knowledge about what?

She an angry black divorced woman .
So she still hurting from a betrayal.
Hence the Tina Turner rendition- “ What’s love got to do with it “.,,,

1 Like

Re: Marriage Does Not Need Love by Nobody: 1:26am On Jan 19, 2023
Divoc19:

Copied

copyright is iligal....section 14, act 25 chapta 1 page 17, third paragraph of the Nigerian Money laundering code...juss saying(.( No oofencsse) undecided

2 Likes

Re: Marriage Does Not Need Love by Fahvvy: 5:20am On Jan 19, 2023
Read what the scriptures says about love and then come back and read your post undecided...

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Marriage Does Not Need Love by Divoc19(f): 8:19am On Jan 19, 2023
Coming from both sides it the rare-est thung in earth. People come together for different reasons and most wont tell their partner their real intention of getting together.
brain54:

The commitment and everything else obviously has to come from both parties involved…

1 Like

Re: Marriage Does Not Need Love by Divoc19(f): 8:20am On Jan 19, 2023
You are so entitled to your opinion. I respect that
rickleye:

She an angry black divorced woman .
So she still hurting from a betrayal.
Hence the Tina Turner rendition- “ What’s love got to do with it “.,,,
Re: Marriage Does Not Need Love by Divoc19(f): 8:24am On Jan 19, 2023
I sight you Daddy KC cheesy
DaddyCK:

copyright is iligal....section 14, act 25 chapta 1 page 17, third paragraph of the Nigerian Money laundering code...juss saying(.( No oofencsse) undecided
Re: Marriage Does Not Need Love by Goodlady(f): 8:30am On Jan 19, 2023
Divoc19:

Copied
Money nko?

1 Like

Re: Marriage Does Not Need Love by Divoc19(f): 8:39am On Jan 19, 2023
We can build money and wealth if we have the same goals in life.
Goodlady:

Money nko?
Re: Marriage Does Not Need Love by brain54(m): 9:18am On Jan 19, 2023
Divoc19:
Coming from both sides it the rare-est thung in earth. People come together for different reasons and most wont tell their partner their real intention of getting together.
Now you are deviating from your topic…

1 Like

Re: Marriage Does Not Need Love by Divoc19(f): 9:33am On Jan 19, 2023
Am not deviating... Am I talking about love and you are talking about commitment am simply explaining how the commitment may/may not work if coming together is for different reasons
[sub][/sub]
brain54:

Now you are deviating from your topic…
Re: Marriage Does Not Need Love by brain54(m): 9:53am On Jan 19, 2023
Divoc19:
Am not deviating... Am I talking about love and you are talking about commitment am simply explaining how the commitment may/may not work if coming together is for different reasons
[sub][/sub]
People marry for different reasons…

It could be love, commitment, money etc.

Your topic is if marriage needs love/will work better based on love or other factors…

What I understand your asking is among all the reasons or factors for get married if love should be considered as most important.

It’s only natural to marry a person with same goals, ideals, ideology or whatever with a partner or could be love that unites the couple.
Meaning something has to bring two people together in the first place whatever reason that is. So should love be the sole reason or most important consideration for marriage. That’s your question.
Re: Marriage Does Not Need Love by Divoc19(f): 10:11am On Jan 19, 2023
And am still saying marriage does not need love because love is not enough. If you have someone that ticks your list love is grow. Our parents didn't marry out of love, both families made research about each other before allowing their children to be together.. we can learn from them. Love to me is an oyinbo phenomenon
brain54:

People marry for different reasons…

It could be love, commitment, money etc.

Your topic is if marriage needs love/will work better based on love or other factors…

What I understand your asking is among all the reasons or factors for get married if love should be considered as most important.

It’s only natural to marry a person with same goals, ideals, ideology or whatever with a partner or could be love that unites the couple.
Meaning something has to bring two people together in the first place whatever reason that is. So should love be the sole reason or most important consideration for marriage. That’s your question.
Re: Marriage Does Not Need Love by brain54(m): 10:38am On Jan 19, 2023
Divoc19:
And am still saying marriage does not need love because love is not enough. If you have someone that ticks your list love is grow. Our parents didn't marry out of love, both families made research about each other before allowing their children to be together.. we can learn from them. Love to me is an oyinbo phenomenon
I made this exact point on another thread…

Like you just said everything in that post.
Re: Marriage Does Not Need Love by Divoc19(f): 12:05pm On Jan 19, 2023
Wow.. send me the link i want to see the post smiley
See we will get there some day it may not be in our time but let's do the one we can for now
One love
brain54:

I made this exact point on another thread…

Like you just said everything in that post.

Re: Marriage Does Not Need Love by ryfoz(m): 6:46am On Jan 25, 2023
Fahvvy:
Read what the scriptures says about love and then come back and read your post undecided...

I wonder... Same women that rush men to marry them on altar will come out and sideline the very beliefs upon which the marriage is founded and base "hypotheses" on how they feel alone

Weytin konsain me, leaving d thread... cheesy
Re: Marriage Does Not Need Love by Sheistoopretty(f): 6:52am On Jan 25, 2023
Nm
Re: Marriage Does Not Need Love by Sniper101(m): 7:39am On Jan 25, 2023
Actually, marriage does need "love"

But it doesn't need ONLY love.
It needs love, commitment and understanding.

And if there's money?
That on its own is a huge bonus.

1 Like

Re: Marriage Does Not Need Love by Ruke1989: 9:51pm On Apr 07, 2023
Divoc19:

Copied

Trust is more important than love. What you and your ideal partner need to make marriage work for both of you are:
1) practice sacrificial giving. To friends and family before marriage until it becomes your character. Too many selfish people today is the reason marriage crumbles
2) try to be empathetic. Learn to be moved to help others. Be genuine about your intention and never expect payback. Continue even if you are hurt by others who refuse to return the favor
3) try to be a dependable and trustworthy person by letting your closest pals know some of your plan and seeking and following "good" advices only. some people don't know how to be transparent or build trust. Sharing your mind, your plans, help build trust.
4) don't be a flirt for any reason. People who have multiple sex partner before marriage cannot be trusted around their exes because in most cases they will sleep with them at the slightest opportunity. Don't date people who have had too many sex partners.. do personal research on this from their friends in a coded way
5) don't love/marry a selfish person and don't be selfish yourself. Both of you must agree on how to treat or care for inlaws and agree on the limits you can go before saying yes I do. Many times sentiments around "I love my mother, father, siblings must help them even if I will hurt my partner or take from him/her" - this is what split couples
6) agree on financial plan, contribution formula and never shift ground except situation warrants eg to help a sick spouse pay bills.
Common sense is what makes marriage work not love. You must both have equal Intelligence quotient so that you don't have brawls due to poor IQ and comprehension problem from the other partner

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

My English Is Very Bad / 18 secrets Disgusting Things Men Do / Please I Need Your Advise O, This One Is Serious O

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.